Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Is it maybe Troy McClure himself in "Fish Called Selma," where we open the scene with him laughing hysterically ostensibly at something Selma said over dinner, then says "I can't remember a time I've heard a funnier anecdote! Now you tell one."

No, way harder and way more forced and dark than that. More similar to when Homer is laughing at football hitting crotch, but not Homer obviously

edit: I just checked the "TV laughs with me not at me laugh" and it's not that one either.

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

:lmao:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

mind the walrus posted:

But does he literally think he's a wizard though?

Obviously he thinks he's a necromancer, Latin is a dead language.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I mean we were just children, innocent children, when we first saw the episode. I just thought "I'm a Viking at <thing>" was a phrase people used to brag with. It's such a non-sequitur and the context makes it seem he's saying he's good at sleep. Years later on The Wire there's a character that's really good at taking heroin and he keeps saying "I'm a Viking, holmes." So who's to say who was wrong?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

AHH F/UGH posted:

No, way harder and way more forced and dark than that. More similar to when Homer is laughing at football hitting crotch, but not Homer obviously

edit: I just checked the "TV laughs with me not at me laugh" and it's not that one either.

Are you thinking of Futurama?

"Oh wait you're serious"
*Laughed harder*

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Obviously he thinks he's a necromancer, Latin is a dead language.
I wonder how he handles a live one

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The Dream Team seem extremely defensive about this. Like they know their interpretation is potentially the low brow option if any ambiguity is allowed.

They're probably wrong, but let the Wigg-ioms enjoy their esoteric joke, I say.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Merkin already confirmed the dreamtheory, but that being strictly wrong was never my idea. I just don't think it's that insane to interpret it that way.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Jestery posted:

Are you thinking of Futurama?

"Oh wait you're serious"
*Laughed harder*

That sounds really familiar only I kind feel like it was a human, but with a similar sudden shift in their attitude after they stop laughing. Possibly someone on a Troy McClure-esque video or TV show in The Simpsons? The best I can describe it is "someone laughing way too hard and way too long about something extremely minor". Sideshow Bob maybe?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

PittTheElder posted:

Why would he confuse those two words in particular though? "Ralph says a completely unrelated word" is not a joke.

They're both ways to refer to (admittedly different) types of old-timey warriors?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Excellent

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

:allears:

chrmnbill
Feb 17, 2011

Give that man the $10,000!

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

AHH F/UGH posted:

That sounds really familiar only I kind feel like it was a human, but with a similar sudden shift in their attitude after they stop laughing. Possibly someone on a Troy McClure-esque video or TV show in The Simpsons? The best I can describe it is "someone laughing way too hard and way too long about something extremely minor". Sideshow Bob maybe?

That bit where the guy slams the button and the RUSSIA placard changes back to USSR?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
That bit at the end of Dark Knight but instead of Batman, It's The Dud holding a plate of steamed hams.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

That bit where the guy slams the button and the RUSSIA placard changes back to USSR?

Nope, way more drawn out and long, a lot like the scene where Marge goes into the police station man’s tells Wiggum she wants to be a cop

Maybe I am nuts (and gum)

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 6, 2020

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

Nope, way more drawn out and long, a lot like the scene where Marge goes into the police station man’s tells Wiggum she wants to be a cop

Maybe I am nuts (and gum)

edit: already established not mr burns

There's also sideshow bob laughing when he won the election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 6, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

AHH F/UGH posted:

or

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Same energy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
maybe that two parter where they brought Tasha yar back as a romulan admiral

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

AHH F/UGH posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_esEXByDG-I&t=25s

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nah it's none of those either.

I fear I may never find nameless laughing-too-hard man.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

AHH F/UGH posted:

Nah it's none of those either.

I fear I may never find nameless laughing-too-hard man.
Clearly the solution is simply to watch every episode of the Simpsons searching for it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

This scene from Bart the Fink is the best I got. If it ain't this, then go to hell

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Wow 140 new posts, something's going down in the meme thread!

and after catching up on it all I'm sitting here like :kstare:

I thought the joke was that he ate his worm and instead of trying to educate the annoying problem child, the teacher just tells him to go to sleep instead

and Ralph is happy to sleep because "thats where he's a viking"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:dudsmile:

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

AHH F/UGH posted:

Was it the end of that episode where Homer and Burns are trapped in the cabin? Season 8, episode 12:

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Pretty sure it was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuoToHKCas4

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

None of those either. I've seen the cripple Irishman clip enough times to know it's not that one. The scene I'm thinking of has much harder and darker forced laughter. Again I'm probably making up a clip in my own mind from an amalgum of different scenes. The closest thing is Marge asking Wiggum to be a cop.

I guess I need to watch 7 seasons of The Simpsons again

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Possibly as a Viking.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

AHH F/UGH posted:

None of those either. I've seen the cripple Irishman clip enough times to know it's not that one. The scene I'm thinking of has much harder and darker forced laughter. Again I'm probably making up a clip in my own mind from an amalgum of different scenes. The closest thing is Marge asking Wiggum to be a cop.

I guess I need to watch 7 seasons of The Simpsons again

Comic Book Guy in "Three Men and a Comic Book"? ("Looks like you got more than you bargained for!")

The chowder scene?

Drink-Mix Man fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 6, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

lmao holy poo poo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And now I want to see the Dream Adventures of Ralph the Viking.

Seems like there was almost a subgenre of 90s cartoons about kids in their wild dreams. Captain Zed and the Zee Zone is an old favourite that holds up surprisingly well but sadly is only available through only partly audible recordings. Also, Nightmare Ned was just plain hosed up.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Comic Book Guy in "Three Men and a Comic Book"? ("Looks like you got more than you bargained for!")

The chowder scene?

Nope and nope

In my mind the guy looks like Lionel Hutz or Troy McClure

edit: but not that vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

AHH F/UGH posted:

This is going to sound insane, maybe, but I'm trying to find a specific scene from the golden years were a seemingly small character who might look like Troy McClure has a long, somewhat dark-in-tone laugh fit, pounding his desk or something while cracking up about some mild topic for a good 10 seconds or so. I don't really have much else to go on besides that. Does anyone else remember this scene or am I completely making it up in my head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctr9ZfeyvXg

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I mean we were just children, innocent children, when we first saw the episode. I just thought "I'm a Viking at <thing>" was a phrase people used to brag with. It's such a non-sequitur and the context makes it seem he's saying he's good at sleep. Years later on The Wire there's a character that's really good at taking heroin and he keeps saying "I'm a Viking, holmes." So who's to say who was wrong?

LMAO at admitting you watch the Wire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Who What Now posted:

LMAO at admitting you watch the Wire

I knew you were a bad poster but I didn’t also know you were a bad person