Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Binowru posted:

Anyone know if these live eps will get released to the main feed?

Pretty sure Dave said that they wont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Why wouldn't they be? Every live ep has been published thus far as far as I know. They have had the opportunity to do paywalled eps before now with Patreon, but they seem to be more about the ads as a source of revenue.

I guess that could be changing, but I have not seen anything about that on social media.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Dave had said specifically that the shows on Looped won't be released ever. It's a shame nobody in this thread recorded them to watch later. A real shame.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Is that a Looper stipulation?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

thotsky posted:

Is that a Looper stipulation?

No clue, but it's a thing.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

SalTheBard posted:

Dave had said specifically that the shows on Looped won't be released ever. It's a shame nobody in this thread recorded them to watch later. A real shame.

https://twitter.com/reynoldsgareth/status/1329861487616090112?s=20

?????

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

That will be up for 24 hours after the live cast.

This is said directly in that loving promo that's been on the show for the past 2 weeks.

These looped shows will never be an episode on the main feed so the only time to watch them is to get your tickets and watch the stream, which will be up for 24 hours after the show ends.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Exactly. I'm not making this poo poo up. It will only be on Looped for 24 hours and then it's gone. They have literally said on this on the podcast.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So is this one worth 20 bucks?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

So is this one worth 20 bucks?

without having watched it, no

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The first hour is incredibly boring and then the next 15 minutes is pretty "Ahh ok I wonder where this is going?" and then the last 45 minutes is like "Oh yeah fast boat to crazy town"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

The first hour is incredibly boring and then the next 15 minutes is pretty "Ahh ok I wonder where this is going?" and then the last 45 minutes is like "Oh yeah fast boat to crazy town"

So, it's like sex.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Basically if people want to know I'll write out a recap (as best as I can remember) in a bit. I will try to find the pictures they used as well.

After that if you want a more detailed recap PM me.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

Basically if people want to know I'll write out a recap (as best as I can remember) in a bit. I will try to find the pictures they used as well.

After that if you want a more detailed recap PM me.

The Ape of Naples posted:

So, it's like sex.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So it's about a dude named Evaristo Marina (aka El General). He was friends with Fidel Castro before the revolution and they were ideological opposites. Evaristo fled Cuba during the revolution and he dreamed of liberating Cuba. While living in Miami he started selling a Cuban soda (that became very popular and made him a ton of money) and eventually he used that money to start a pseudo military academy called the "Miami Aerospace Academy"

His school initially ended up being very popular among the Cuban community as it was a return to Cuban style schooling. The school was opened in 1968 and ostensibly everything was fine for years. The school had brutal corporal punishment but people seemed to be happy with the school. Here is the yearbook cover from 1976

Around this time people started to accuse Evaristo of being into Santaria and around the school things like Witchcraft, Bloody Mary, etc started to take off. Here is the yearbook cover from 1979 (so 3 years later)

Then in October of 1979 poo poo hit the fan at the school. There was a huge "riot". Basically it started with a kid jumping through a second floor window to the ground (he survived). All the boys were punching and hitting the walls and all the girls were just screaming and wailing. It went on for almost 2 and 1/2 hours.

After that the school more or less shut down (it was way less popular) and there were some other weird things that happened, like Evaristo kept running for office in Miami and losing. One student came back to the school after the panic and said that the school was totally different and that it was just a shell of what it used to be. In 1984 they invited a kid named Clarence Carr to join the school who had killed his abusive father with a .38 caliber handgun (he shot him while he was sleeping)

Most of the episode was based off of this article:
https://jeffmaysh.medium.com/hysteria-high-how-demons-destroyed-the-miami-aerospace-academy-jeff-maysh-5a31b4770f29

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Thank you!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Trying to find an older ep that I dont remember the name of. It was some captain of a trading company shipwrecking near Australia and basically going lord of the flies instantly.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Trying to find an older ep that I dont remember the name of. It was some captain of a trading company shipwrecking near Australia and basically going lord of the flies instantly.

The Batavia Shipwreck.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 2, 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

The Batavia Shipwreck.

gareth is really not having a good time in this episode. seems like a drunk audience member is being super annoying and constantly distracting him

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

gareth is really not having a good time in this episode. seems like a drunk audience member is being super annoying and constantly distracting him

I can't remember which one it was, but there's a live episode where Gareth has to just outright say to shut the gently caress up to some babbling idiot, and genuinely sounds like he's about to punch this idiot in the face

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I would be annoyed as hell if I paid for a ticket to go see the Dollop live and then some drunk heckler treated it like a stand up show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I would be annoyed as hell if I paid for a ticket to go see the Dollop live and then some drunk heckler treated it like a stand up show.

Oh don't get me wrong, his annoyance seemed justified

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This episode was upsetting. Sometimes when you think of this show as a Rube or a hippo or a tickling podcast you forget that sometimes there are episodes where people just explode each other into chunks of gore for an hour and a half.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

In contrast to the latest, if anyone's in need of an episode that's pure levity instead of intricately detailing some element of hell world, I highly, highly recommend #211 The Tichborne Situation. I randomly picked it to relisten to without remembering what it was, and holy poo poo is that episode bonkers hilarious. I love the eps with Wil Anderson. I've never checked out any of his own comedy; maybe I should

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

flesh dance posted:

In contrast to the latest, if anyone's in need of an episode that's pure levity instead of intricately detailing some element of hell world, I highly, highly recommend #211 The Tichborne Situation. I randomly picked it to relisten to without remembering what it was, and holy poo poo is that episode bonkers hilarious. I love the eps with Wil Anderson. I've never checked out any of his own comedy; maybe I should

Yeah, I really like Wil Anderson episodes as well. His and Gareth's reactions are what keep me going back to The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I like The Tichborne Situation a lot. Just a crazy story with plenty of room for jokes. Also, TRUTH BUTTS!

Similarly, the Fine Cotton Scandal (124) is another good Wil Anderson episode. The Egg Nog Riot (96) is also pretty fun (no Wil Anderson though), and it's seasonal to boot!

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, I really like Wil Anderson episodes as well. His and Gareth's reactions are what keep me going back to The Animal Horror of Macquarie Island

Also, this. If they'd had someone else, or no guest, it would have been even more difficult to make it through. Gareth needs someone besides Dave to play off of sometimes, and he and Wil are good together.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 28, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Welp Roger Tichborne haunted my dreams last night.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’ve been listening to the Knowledge Fight archives in chronological order and they’ve regularly covered “Captain” Mark Richards through his connection to some lunatic lady with a lot of money and free time.

This is all to say I relistened to episode 9 of the Dollop about this guy, the Pendragon, and it is so nourishing for the soul. Fuckin murder, lasers and Marin County, man.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Wil is the best recurring guest. Patton Oswalt was great in Cereal Men, I wish he would come back.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Grand Fromage posted:

Wil is the best recurring guest. Patton Oswalt was great in Cereal Men, I wish he would come back.
He was on a few other times

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Hey, guys. I have a great idea.

We should rob Loomis.

I'm just joking. Unless, you know, you're into it.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

beats for junkies posted:

We should rob Loomis.

:hmmyes:

Ha ha no one would ever expect that. I mean hypothetically

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You'll never guess what they did.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

We should rob Loomis.

This might be the second Dollop I heard. It's great. I should give it another listen.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

flesh dance posted:

Giving this one a revisit while playing some rimworld because I apparently never finished listening to it and couldn't remember anything about it

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Revins posted:

Giving this one a revisit while playing some rimworld because I apparently never finished listening to it and couldn't remember anything about it

TRUTH BUTTS

I'm almost positive I remember reading or hearing Dave mention something about how Truth Butts was a very minor character in the story and could have been cut, but that name was comedy gold and he had to leave it in. I don't think it's during the actual episode, but I might have missed it the last time I listened to it.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

The Ape of Naples posted:

This might be the second Dollop I heard. It's great. I should give it another listen.

The Falcon Chris Boyce is another good one in a similar vein: people getting in way over their head while committing major crimes. I wonder if this thread still has the falconry tag because of that episode.

edit: it sure does. also sorry for the double-post. :)

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Falcon Chris Boyce is another good one in a similar vein: people getting in way over their head while committing major crimes. I wonder if this thread still has the falconry tag because of that episode.

edit: it sure does. also sorry for the double-post. :)

Lol, the Falcon was the first Dollop I heard. It sold me.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Falcon and the Snowman is almost too insane to believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

They talk about how Truth Butts was just a minor character that really had no bearing on the events of the story but Dave couldn't resist in like the last minute of the episode

also that was a good loving rec, I completely passed over that ep and its real good