Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Anyone who is or has been a vegetarian or vegan knows the type of rear end in a top hat that will aggressively eat and talk about meat at you if you dare mention you don't eat it

I work with two assholes like that, if you even mention having a meal that doesn't have meat they go into tirades about how you need meat and blah blah yadda yadda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know that I understand, is the implication that vegetable sushi isn't sushi? I thought sushi was basically anything you rolled up in the rice?

That's exactly what this reads like to me. I grew up in a landlocked state thinking "sushi" = "raw fish". This looks like a joke from someone with the same misconception trying to dunk on the dumb blond girl (probably majoring in gender studies or art history, am I right) who doesn't even know what sushi is.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Midnight Voyager posted:

They don't know that sushi is anything but raw fish.

An unagi donburi made with sushi rice is one of the better meals I've ever had, and I'll loving fight anyone that says it's not also sushi

I don't have it more than once a year or so though, because those poor bastards are horribly over-fished :(

I've been yelling pregnant women that refuse glucose tolerance testing because "glucose is a toxin" while swilling dr pepper by the bucket

It's not going well and I'm too mad to curate screenshots

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

I work with two assholes like that, if you even mention having a meal that doesn't have meat they go into tirades about how you need meat and blah blah yadda yadda

Playing Bugsnax atm, seems apt.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Pretend like this ain't delicious, lazy nigiri

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

that's just donburi but go off

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/BadMedicalTakes/status/1335365213286256641?s=20

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I love to see a dude from my hometown make into the big leagues like getting posted in IOSM

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A couple of pages back, so I am sorry.

But didn't 'Lads Mags' like the one featured go out of business coz no-one was buying them? So this bloke is cheerleading something that no-one liked even at the time.

(Also I remember the sexist ads also being shat on at the time too.)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Last year, sometime before Covid at least, I saw a post about a Dress Barn going out of business, which was blamed in a comment below on lazy millennials being triggered by barns.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Anyone who is or has been a vegetarian or vegan knows the type of rear end in a top hat that will aggressively eat and talk about meat at you if you dare mention you don't eat it

"Wow, get a load of the militant vegan over here. Can't stop telling people about it, amirite fellas?"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

Last year, sometime before Covid at least, I saw a post about a Dress Barn going out of business, which was blamed in a comment below on lazy millennials being triggered by barns.

They really do only have two responses to anything: "lol triggered" and "I identify as an attack helicopter." The next great right wing thinker will be whoever comes up with a third response for every conservative idiot to respond online with.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

"Two people died in a car accident on their way to the grocery store? Impossible! Statistics show that there are only 1.22 deaths for every 100 million miles driven. According to math that couple would have needed to drive for *pulls out calculator* 164 million miles before both could have died in an accident! Sounds like a hoax to me."

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Someone arrest this person for abuse of statistics. What an unimaginably bad maths take.

Baron von Eevl posted:

"Two people died in a car accident on their way to the grocery store? Impossible! Statistics show that there are only 1.22 deaths for every 100 million miles driven. According to math that couple would have needed to drive for *pulls out calculator* 164 million miles before both could have died in an accident! Sounds like a hoax to me."

Yeah, basically this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sunswipe posted:

They really do only have two responses to anything: "lol triggered" and "I identify as an attack helicopter." The next great right wing thinker will be whoever comes up with a third response for every conservative idiot to respond online with.

For the rest of my life I will be thinking about how in July people were hearing about war vets talking about fireworks displays giving them PTSD and saying "Lol fireworks? Is there anything the snowflakes won't be triggered by????"

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

LordSaturn posted:

that's just donburi but go off
Oh I fuckin will son

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Is that not just called an unagi-don or is that different?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

A couple of pages back, so I am sorry.

But didn't 'Lads Mags' like the one featured go out of business coz no-one was buying them? So this bloke is cheerleading something that no-one liked even at the time.

(Also I remember the sexist ads also being shat on at the time too.)

Pretty much, the rise of the internet kinda eliminated the need to spend $5 to see some boobies and read some poorly written misogyny.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Captain Monkey posted:

It is, or una-don, and it is often served by sushi restaurants. I'd say it's probably a step closer to sushi than "definitely not sushi" but I generally don't consider it to be sushi, personally. The donburi with raw fish is much closer to just being sushi.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

When you think about it, a hot dog is actually sushi

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

When you think about it, a hot dog is actually sushi

They even come on a little shinkansen train.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Rudy court case bingo - who had “gently caress your feelings” entered in a motion to dismiss?

https://mobile.twitter.com/stphnfwlr/status/1335411091300552705

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Captain Monkey posted:

totalnewbie posted:

It is, or una-don, and it is often served by sushi restaurants. I'd say it's probably a step closer to sushi than "definitely not sushi" but I generally don't consider it to be sushi, personally. The donburi with raw fish is much closer to just being sushi.

what exactly do y'all think the "-don" in "unadon" means

or "donburi" for that matter

and totalnewbie they're all sushi as long as they've got sushi rice given that "sushi" refers to a particular rice preparation and not whether the non-rice ingredients are raw or cooked

maybe trap sprung but i enjoy sushi too much to let this go without comment

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
unadong

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The general right wing refrain might be "gently caress your feelings" but it carries the implicit follower of "but mine are precious"

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

FFT posted:

what exactly do y'all think the "-don" in "unadon" means

or "donburi" for that matter

and totalnewbie they're all sushi as long as they've got sushi rice given that "sushi" refers to a particular rice preparation and not whether the non-rice ingredients are raw or cooked

maybe trap sprung but i enjoy sushi too much to let this go without comment

The Japanese wouldn't consider it sushi. They would consider it donburi, which is categorically separate. Still absolutely delicious, but not sushi, sorry.

Come visit us in the GWS Japanese food thread!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You guys freshwater eels are hella endangered I think 😢

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They are. I've had unagi once in 10 years of living in Japan and I won't have it again after reading up on how endangered they are :smith:

Stop promoting it, thread idiots.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

drat now I feel bad about eating them jellied when I was in London.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Smoked eel is so good, though. There needs to be a sufficient replacement.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I have seen, in the wild and from people I know (though am not friends with), talk about how losing all these court appeals and not presenting any evidence (yet!!!!) is totally intentional and just meant to fast-track Trump's actual cases to the Supreme Court. And also all those lost lawsuits they weren't actually by him they were by associates he hasn't lost don't you get it??? FOUR MORE YEARS, THIS IS DEFINITELY ACCORDING TO THE PLAN!
Then you see actual, in-court documents like from that twitter thread where it's such an unbelievable shitshow in ways and places that straight up just don't let that poo poo slide and are way more strict and formal than goddamn Facebook and they're crashing into a brick wall in slow motion.

hallo spacedog posted:

The Japanese wouldn't consider it sushi. They would consider it donburi, which is categorically separate. Still absolutely delicious, but not sushi, sorry.
Hey did anyone make the "sparkling wine" joke yet because I have nothing important to add but I saw other people doing this in the past so I thought I'd jump in!!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I very much appreciate the conclusion basically boiling down to "hosed up if true."

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Brawnfire posted:

Smoked eel is so good, though. There needs to be a sufficient replacement.

Conger/salt water eel is afaik not endangered and pretty tasty too.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Vib Rib posted:

I have seen, in the wild and from people I know (though am not friends with), talk about how losing all these court appeals and not presenting any evidence (yet!!!!) is totally intentional and just meant to fast-track Trump's actual cases to the Supreme Court. And also all those lost lawsuits they weren't actually by him they were by associates he hasn't lost don't you get it??? FOUR MORE YEARS, THIS IS DEFINITELY ACCORDING TO THE PLAN!
Then you see actual, in-court documents like from that twitter thread where it's such an unbelievable shitshow in ways and places that straight up just don't let that poo poo slide and are way more strict and formal than goddamn Facebook and they're crashing into a brick wall in slow motion.

Hey did anyone make the "sparkling wine" joke yet because I have nothing important to add but I saw other people doing this in the past so I thought I'd jump in!!

Scratch Monkey posted:

drat now I feel bad about eating them jellied when I was in London.

It’s only considered endangered if it’s from the Unagi Prefecture of Japan so you’re in the clear Scratch Monkey

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I swear to god one of those bits of evidence is actually a screenshot of a Facebook conversation between two people both agreeing with each other that it must be a fix because Trump didn’t win.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

learnincurve posted:

I swear to god one of those bits of evidence is actually a screenshot of a Facebook conversation between two people both agreeing with each other that it must be a fix because Trump didn’t win.

Lmao

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Restaurants shut down: OMG HERE COMES THE FASCISM :derp:

Actual agent of a foreign dictatorship says let’s cancel the election and impose martial law: H’mm, maybe he has a good point :allears:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/lacadri34/status/1334994176807604225?s=21

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Pshhh i bet frederick douglass never even won a Democratic primary :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Gosh I wonder why 19th-century Americans didn't elect a black man to the highest office in the land.