Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Admit you're a gamer, and all that goes away.

Never! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You're a gamer, Harry

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

This makes you your own worst enemy, sorry.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

This makes you your own worst enemy, sorry.

truly, is there any more apt definition for a gamer

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dang maybe I was wrong about the government

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1335637017208774659

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
gamer (noun, adj.) - 1.) one who games 2.) sharing the characteristics of a gamer (e.g., being own worst enemy, liking bowsette)

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
ive been vibing on ewj music all afternoon

i know it's basically either free domain material or glorified rearrangements but it still owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2BLJZnqq4U

like yea this is just enigma but it is some sick-rear end enigma

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Violen posted:

liking bowsette

gently caress I guess I am a gamer :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am a gamer. :haibrower:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Good point, my kids are only getting normal scorpions now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I never had one.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I got game / but I’m / not a gamer

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

i do a lot of work involving cpsc, they're great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm just going to pretend my last post never happened :angel:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I've been thinking about trying The Void again but I don't know if it runs on Windows 10 and even if it did I am almost certain I will still fail to consistently draw the drat runes correctly every single time, just like last time.

What's your favorite game that defeated you thread?

every time i think about playing knights in the nightmare i remember how impenetrable the tutorial felt :negative:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

After intense pressure from all corners of society I regret to announce that I'm downloading the Dragon Quest XI demo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

every time i think about playing knights in the nightmare i remember how impenetrable the tutorial felt :negative:

Yeah its the best game i'll never understand or finish

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao that EDF Iron Rain is what the EDF team thinks the west wants - and they're right it owns

Lmao at "Dr. Mengel", the drunkest german va in Japan

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I cant believe they made the switch version with the worse graphics the new flagship version of the game. Squarepenix

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao that EDF Iron Rain is what the EDF team thinks the west wants - and they're right it owns

Lmao at "Dr. Mengel", the drunkest german va in Japan

Its got great ideas but it has mega flaws that make me still prefer the original series.

The enemy counts are too low, summoning vehicles spends your reward money (this sucks total rear end), you still have no way to know if a weapon is trash but now its your money bekng wasted vs just a random drop, etc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stev posted:

After intense pressure from all corners of society I regret to announce that I'm downloading the Dragon Quest XI demo.
see you in about 10 hours

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

Its got great ideas but it has mega flaws that make me still prefer the original series.

The enemy counts are too low, summoning vehicles spends your reward money (this sucks total rear end), you still have no way to know if a weapon is trash but now its your money bekng wasted vs just a random drop, etc

Yeah edf5 is way better but it's still p fun

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Just got to the eastern continent in Skies of Arcadia and now I have to retrieve... the Maga Sphere? :ohdear:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real hurthling! posted:

I cant believe they made the switch version with the worse graphics the new flagship version of the game. Squarepenix

The first patch for FF7R came out after like six months and people were incredulous that Square still hadn't fixed the low-res textures, saying it had to be a problem with Unreal or something haha.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The first patch for FF7R came out after like six months and people were incredulous that Square still hadn't fixed the low-res textures, saying it had to be a problem with Unreal or something haha.

They got a lot of praise for releasing a game that didn't need a patch, despite the fact that it did need one and has not received it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Convex posted:

Just got to the eastern continent in Skies of Arcadia and now I have to retrieve... the Maga Sphere? :ohdear:

:orb:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't say low res textures were very noticeable in FF7R, given that I did not once notice them

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Convex posted:

If you think that's bad...

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

It's really funny seeing scenes where something really focal in the camera shot is super low res. Honestly as a 3D artist it's almost reassuring where you've got this unbelievably detailed work and then literally the most important item in the shot looks like an N64 model. You KNOW the devs noticed it but chose not to fix it on purpose, and you can only imagine the reasoning as being something like "Ohhhh gently caress, poo poo, we're too close to the deadline, just ship it and we'll fix it later if we have time maybe this needed to be out the door yesterday."

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't say low res textures were very noticeable in FF7R, given that I did not once notice them

Do you have a PS4Pro? I have a basic PS4 and I can name really specific examples of really funny bad texture scenes. In the little hotel dorm thing where Cloud/Tifa stay, the doors were super low res so during the cutscenes you would just see this pixelated mess in the background. Also when Cloud is at Aerith's house and they're in the garden picking flowers, the flower Cloud picks up to talk to is basically a cube with a flower drawn on it

Phantasium posted:

idk if it's what they're talking about, but I thought the part where you're under the plate turning off sunlights had an incredibly lovely flat texture for the ground and it was super distracting.

That part too, they use that same mat painting for the Sector 7 tower setpiece too

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 6, 2020

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

idk if it's what they're talking about, but I thought the part where you're under the plate turning off sunlights had an incredibly lovely flat texture for the ground and it was super distracting.

edit: especially since, iirc, you start that section staring straight down at the ground

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 6, 2020

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Convex posted:

probably my second least favorite dungeon but it's followed by some great stuff

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't have a pro but I didn't notice any of those things

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
random thought but the thinking emoji is the worst thing ever invented by humans

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Violen posted:

random thought but the thinking emoji is the worst thing ever invented by humans

:hmmno:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG2MrBHk

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
just finished sonic rivals, a game i had never heard of before starting this. it's a one on one racing game akin to the multiplayer modes in sonic 2 and 3, and you can play as sonic or his many rivals, knuckles, shadow, silver, and metal sonic. the game predates the infamous 06 everywhere but NA's 360 version, making it a kind of weird introduction to silver

as a game it's alright. tons of "hold right" level design and the ai rubberbands like hell, making even S ranks a close race sometimes. very horizontal levels too, and few unique elements to zones besides aesthetic. also the final zone just drops the race mechanic altogether, making those two acts the easiest in the game. but it's a pleasant enough time and none of the individual levels wear out their welcome

next up would be sonic 06 but... I'm just gonna watch a let's play instead while giving secret rings another shot

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

luckily it doesn't exist outside SA but this one is worse: :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Violen posted:

:thunkher:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

it's mostly just one weird door and the skybox for the part where you're climbing up to the plate, not really a big deal

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Violen posted:

this but :hmmyes:. is it sincere, is it sarcastic I still don't know??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

homeless snail posted:

this but :hmmyes:. is it sincere, is it sarcastic I still don't know??

Always sincere :hai: