Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

125 euros lol. Hell of a grift. And I say this having bought Bandai Perfect Grade kits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Unmute

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SickAgitatedBoutu-mobile.mp4

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

I’m surprised people are still interested in Halo merchandise.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

The Super-Id posted:

I’m surprised people are still interested in Halo merchandise.

About $45 from Amazon

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

125 euros lol. Hell of a grift. And I say this having bought Bandai Perfect Grade kits.

In all fairness Bandai is injection molding models they sell by the millions based off popular IP's like Star Wars. These guys are making kits in the hundreds/thousands so tooling up with $100k's in injection molding equipment and molds is not justified so they're doing like most 'cottage' companies have done for decades, producing niche kits in low numbers for a small audience. Before printers everything was cast or vacuum formed but now you can use print resin to produce extremely detailed and delicate models. I hate grifters as much as the next guy but their asking price is not out of scale with what it costs in time and materials.

Compare their work with real capitalist shitheads like Forgeworld who sell super basic and blocky (read: super easy to generate and produce in rubber molds) models with no cockpits/interiors etc that they sell for hundreds/thousands of dollars to Warhammer idiots. FW profit margins have multiple zeros behind them for their hack work as opposed to the Citizens putting legit effort into making rad models of lovely subjects

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

I like that the ship has lost both wings at some point, and that this does not affect the flight characteristics in-atmosphere in any way. Hover, fly sideways- sure! gently caress it!

gently caress i didn't even notice it was missing it's wings, i just thought that was how it was suppose to be

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

That's a poor rich's yatch-alike! You need to look at the companies that sell yatches to the stupid rich

Bonus: It's called the Origin 575 and it can be yours if you have the cash.

Looks like you found the source material. :shepspends:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Blue On Blue posted:

gently caress i didn't even notice it was missing it's wings, i just thought that was how it was suppose to be

LOL

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizer: gently caress i didn't even notice it was missing it's wings, i just thought that was how it was suppose to be

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

https://v.redd.it/ilerybwrra361/DASH_1080.mp4

Atmospheric flight coming along well I see

Outside of the broken jank, this is a perfect example for "what's the point of ground vehicles when your space ships can do anything they can do and more?" To which the answer is there's no point at all to ground vehicles in this universe.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

nawledgelambo posted:

hey i wonder what happened to that clifford aka mi--

https://twitter.com/SpearmintVR/status/1303175898858881025

I'd say we can probably stop checking up on that guy. Looks like he's gone to some interesting corners. Obviously he was very interested in the kinky side of Star Citizen. It's a pity he has to go somewhere else to achieve his dreams of kinky tentacle sex.

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

video game pls

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017

The Titanic posted:

Looks like you found the source material. :shepspends:

No, this is the original. I think you're owed royalties!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

dieselfruit posted:

video game pls

Lmao this is the perfect meme response for this game every time they post roadmaps to roadmaps and talk about how meshing server socks2.0 with serialized icache variables will unclog the pipelines to making progress on elevator panel updates

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AbstractNapper posted:

C'mon Crobblz play your dream game again live, will you?
I have so many questions since the last time.

Chris Roberts abandoned Star Citizen back in 2018. He is no longer actively on the team or working on the game anymore.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

I said come in! posted:

Chris Roberts abandoned Star Citizen back in 2018. He is no longer actively on the team or working on the game anymore.

It sure feels like it. Erin even moreso.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I just scrolled through the Vtuber subreddit and my brain has been reduced to glue which is now dripping out of my ear

Well now that you're in the mood, care to buy an Idris?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Titanic posted:

Outside of the broken jank, this is a perfect example for "what's the point of ground vehicles when your space ships can do anything they can do and more?" To which the answer is there's no point at all to ground vehicles in this universe.

The point of ground vehicles is to sell a fantasy of stuffing them into your aching, gaping cargo holds until they are straining at the seams. It's like Bad Dragon but for bitcoin autists.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
:reddit: Evocati 3.12.0 Build D Leak Thread | Idris-M Spotted

quote:

The landing gear appear to be stuck in the down position. When ETFs attempted to engage it, the Idris fired once and then the server crashed.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Titanic posted:

I'd say we can probably stop checking up on that guy. Looks like he's gone to some interesting corners. Obviously he was very interested in the kinky side of Star Citizen. It's a pity he has to go somewhere else to achieve his dreams of kinky tentacle sex.

I think it's a sign of how much the last decade has really altered things that I no longer find anything even particularly strange in what he's doing. He's sending a lot of money to a bunch of starving artists, he's living out a horny kink in a space where it (hopefully) is only going to engage people consensually, and he's pushing a couple of tech boundaries. If it weren't for the way that vtube seems to really really really want to reduce women to horny 2D cartoon caricatures, I'd say it was a great and interesting new space for trans exploration. God knows that teenage me would have appreciated having a place to experiment at being accepted as a woman without risk to life or reputation. But I'm not sure it would have been as healthy if I'd thought it meant putting on bunny ears and saying stuff like "Come on my tentacles, senpai!"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://v.redd.it/7kf025q6uk361/DASH_720.mp4

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Some more 3.12 leaks including an album of gas cloud images here. Full disclosure: I think they look fine, I just think it's funny that they are dotting these around the one extant system. It feels like another confession that Stanton is all the game is ever going to have, and they need to dress it up a bit to make it distinct.

Also the Idris put in another appearance this patch:

but,

The Leak posted:

The landing gear appear to be stuck in the down position. When ETFs attempted to engage it, the Idris fired once and then the server crashed.

:lol:

New mining UI looks like it has less greebley meters all over, which is good:

New refinery deck may actually have *gasp* an associated gameplay use? Say it's not so!

Luv 2 wait even longer for my ores to process before I find out if a 30k or other server error has stolen the last hour of my work

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I just realized the Idris is just a remixed design of the strike ships from Starship Troopers.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Some more 3.12 leaks including an album of gas cloud images here. Full disclosure: I think they look fine, I just think it's funny that they are dotting these around the one extant system. It feels like another confession that Stanton is all the game is ever going to have, and they need to dress it up a bit to make it distinct.

Also the Idris put in another appearance this patch:

Luv 2 wait even longer for my ores to process before I find out if a 30k or other server error has stolen the last hour of my work

Those big stupid blocky landing gear make it look like a GI Joe toy and ruin any attempts at conveying it as a huge ship. What I'm saying is, buy an Idris!

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Blue On Blue posted:

:same:

It's really sad that the bugs are the most interesting thing about this game. Just imagine that in a game- nanoparticle grey goo sweeping over a planet's surface, you have to evac some NPCs or something before it gets there.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

DreadUnknown posted:

I just realized the Idris is just a remixed design of the strike ships from Starship Troopers.

Starship Troopers Idris:

Bonus: Starship Troopers Cutlass Black:

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Sarsapariller posted:

I think it's a sign of how much the last decade has really altered things that I no longer find anything even particularly strange in what he's doing. He's sending a lot of money to a bunch of starving artists, he's living out a horny kink in a space where it (hopefully) is only going to engage people consensually, and he's pushing a couple of tech boundaries. If it weren't for the way that vtube seems to really really really want to reduce women to horny 2D cartoon caricatures, I'd say it was a great and interesting new space for trans exploration. God knows that teenage me would have appreciated having a place to experiment at being accepted as a woman without risk to life or reputation. But I'm not sure it would have been as healthy if I'd thought it meant putting on bunny ears and saying stuff like "Come on my tentacles, senpai!"

Same, honestly. Clifford's a weird dude, but he's harmless, and he's doing what makes him happy. Once you take Star Citizen out of the equation, I find it hard to mock him.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Katsuma posted:

Same, honestly. Clifford's a weird dude, but he's harmless, and he's doing what makes him happy. Once you take Star Citizen out of the equation, I find it hard to mock him.

Were you looking at the same video clip I was? Cos I'll happily mock anyone who appears to think that breasts move around like two bags of angry cats.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

in a shocking display of self awareness from CIG, they actually made it so this extremely fun Countdown Timer Gameplay (tier 0) is synced in the backend, but it's definitely not because they know that there's no way a single server will stay online for 3 hours or however long this crap's gonna take

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

It's really sad that the bugs are the most interesting thing about this game.

https://v.redd.it/76v5b6axzm361/DASH_1080.mp4

https://v.redd.it/i2807gygql361/DASH_720.mp4

https://v.redd.it/jq2dgaxbrm361/DASH_1080.mp4

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Sunswipe posted:

Were you looking at the same video clip I was? Cos I'll happily mock anyone who appears to think that breasts move around like two bags of angry cats.

What, are we supposed to be sex-purists or something? Do only the most fidelitous and realistic depictions of anatomy meets our discerning standards as refined connoisseurs of the human form? The dude has a kink and is enjoying expressing himself in it. If it makes him feel pretty, who gives a poo poo if the anime titties bounce realistically? Leave him be.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

See what I mean? What was he gonna do with that shotgun in an empty field of flowers even if he had been able to equip it? No targets to shoot for miles- interesting.

I will give them a bit of credit though, that field actually did look nice. Along with the snowy mountains in the background. There's still fuckall to do there, and the ship didn't work right, and I honestly expected him to clip through the ground both when he stepped out of the ship and when he crouched down under the ship to try to grab the gun...

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah those boobies were weird. I actually tried to watch a bit of his twitch video. I consider myself VR-curious but the graphics in his medieval tavern game were hideous... If there had been interesting gameplay to balance off that then I could forgive it, but they just kind of stood around holding mugs. I'm going to assume his heavy breathing was just due to the mic being too close to his mouth, but he also kept making these little moan sounds and I really don't want to know why. maybe he was imagining adding a few more fans to his PC?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Katsuma posted:

What, are we supposed to be sex-purists or something? Do only the most fidelitous and realistic depictions of anatomy meets our discerning standards as refined connoisseurs of the human form? The dude has a kink and is enjoying expressing himself in it. If it makes him feel pretty, who gives a poo poo if the anime titties bounce realistically? Leave him be.

No.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strategic Tea posted:

Well now that you're in the mood, care to buy an Idris?

Can I invite vtubers to ride my idris

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Don’t be afraid of the jiggling transsexual vr anime titties, my friend. They can not hurt you.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ronmcd posted:

No, this is the original. I think you're owed royalties!

:aaaaa:

:sureboat:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

The point of ground vehicles is to sell a fantasy of stuffing them into your aching, gaping cargo holds until they are straining at the seams. It's like Bad Dragon but for bitcoin autists.

Basically yes.

Once you can fit one bad dragon, you are obligated to get that next bigger one. It's definitely addicting and all those holds must be filled with something.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Katsuma posted:

I'm good with titty bounce. Sure it can hurt and ache after a couple good bounces but I don't think I recall any of the boob-physics enabled characters or cartoons complaining about it much, so I'm ok with it on them!

And I like boob armor too :lol:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

See what I mean? What was he gonna do with that shotgun in an empty field of flowers even if he had been able to equip it? No targets to shoot for miles- interesting.

I will give them a bit of credit though, that field actually did look nice. Along with the snowy mountains in the background. There's still fuckall to do there, and the ship didn't work right, and I honestly expected him to clip through the ground both when he stepped out of the ship and when he crouched down under the ship to try to grab the gun...

I agree that it looked good. I even liked how you could store stuff on your ship behind a mystery panel that didn't even need a chess piece to open.

It's cool that they got it I guess. But it's not cool that they have gone to all the trouble to try to make it work and there's no benefit to it. I've seen how exciting procedural stuff is in No Man's Sky and countless other games. Sure you have a cool thing, but that cool thing is in lots of places, and it's non-interactive.

It's good for a screenshot and a "going on a safari!" type screenshot or something... and I guess that's how you get $330M with an art team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

The Titanic posted:

I agree that it looked good. I even liked how you could store stuff on your ship behind a mystery panel that didn't even need a chess piece to open.

It's cool that they got it I guess. But it's not cool that they have gone to all the trouble to try to make it work and there's no benefit to it. I've seen how exciting procedural stuff is in No Man's Sky and countless other games. Sure you have a cool thing, but that cool thing is in lots of places, and it's non-interactive.

It's good for a screenshot and a "going on a safari!" type screenshot or something... and I guess that's how you get $330M with an art team.

The biggest waste is CR's idea of "physically based everything". He could've used metaphors and other animation-rigged placeholders to open "hidden" UI's and other hidden compartments. These things don't need to be represented in the games "reality". They just need to work.