Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

And the camera angle kinda made it look like Saku's shoulder was off the mat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Who airbrushed Mutoh’s tights (they’re great)and why does he have a power level of 10 in LOVE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Masa Funaki is such a badass

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1335490357551837184

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SLUM KING posted:

Who airbrushed Mutoh’s tights (they’re great)and why does he have a power level of 10 in LOVE

At some point in All Japan his whole thing was Puroresu Love

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good job turncoat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Love to see Inamura get the win. Also fun seeing Inaba going hay on Marufuji

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

65k watching the main event on Abema, wondering how many actually went through fite

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's taken the entire event, but i've just noticed Yone at ringside having his afro squashed by the headset

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i had no idea shiozaki/sugiura was today. from what i'm gathering on twitter mutoh looks like the next challenger?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Will this end up on Universe eventually?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Yeah, it gets a week on Abema for for free (albeit in 15 minute chunks) and will go up in Universe next Sunday or Monday

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cool, I'll probably be vaguely caught up by then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

i had no idea shiozaki/sugiura was today. from what i'm gathering on twitter mutoh looks like the next challenger?

If Go gets a good match out of Mutoh then he should be Wrestler of the Century, never mind of the year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1335532686958612480?s=20

Hell yeah, let's get Inamura his first title!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

Generally as a rule keeping Saku to under 15 minutes is smart as I'm not sure he has the greatest cardio, but that could just be my bias against chain smokers.

Oh I didn't know he's a chain smoker...

I only caught the M's Alliance/Kaito & Inamura & Friends tag and the GHC Heavyweight title match, but both were amazing.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lamuella posted:

SG Bamboo posted:

Yeah, it gets a week on Abema for for free (albeit in 15 minute chunks) and will go up in Universe next Sunday or Monday

https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/1335550967715131395?s=20

no need to wait. i'm not sure how he finds these but the complete videos are up there somewhere and here's a direct link

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
How was Yone?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not sure if anyone else is watching the D-Oh undercards but the ending to Owashi/Hirata Vs Dieno/Akai was :stare: certainly something

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Thauros posted:

i'm not sure how he finds these

Once the event ends, the link to the live stream just changes into a VOD.

I'm glad I stayed awake for this, the main was fantastic.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was filthy tired during the main event after 4 hours sleep so I decided to rewatch it and Holy crap that top rope suplex by Go was great. If you told me Go and Sugi hate each other I'd believe you watching this. Just batter each other.

It's 2 months away but I am so excited for return to Budokan. I just have full faith that NOAH won't disappoint me.

Is Takashi Sugiura the most underrated wrestler of the 21st century?

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 7, 2020

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Loved seeing Sakuraba wrestle and the main event. Looking forward to the next one.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh hey, tomorrow morning (or today I guess) is the final show of the All Japan Tag League. There's 3 teams sat on 8 points, JIN, Nextream & Team BJW, JIN & Nextream go head to head, BJW have Violent Giants. If BJW wins then there's a playoff final but if they lose then Iwamoto & Lee vs Aoyagi & Miyahara is the defacto finals. I've seen nothing from this tournament because I'm just down on the company but the CC stunk & the finals were MOTY level so I will have to tune into this.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Is Takashi Sugiura the most underrated wrestler of the 21st century?

Sugiura vs Ishii is an interesting mirror image as Sugiura has had the big title reigns but not the world wide renown whereas Ishii hasn't had a bit title but is well known around the world

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching All Japan and I have no idea what the gently caress is happening here. An old guy, Kenso? And a woman in a straw hat came out and said something and then Naoya Ogawa came out as he's meant to be doing commentary for Amazon Prime which is showing this? The woman started pushing Ogawa and then the Kenso bloke took over and Ogawa gave him the STO?

And now they've just announced a match with Jun Kasai, Kenji Fukimoto and Masashi Takeda on the 13th. This promotion is extremely odd.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 7, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kenso is Kenzo Suzuki

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

And now TAJIRI is doing his best Sandman impression and smashing Izanagi and Irie in the head with a kendo stick. And Tanaka twats Izanagi with a chunk of table that broken off after he splashed Irie through a table.

All this is not really why you come to All Japan but

And Omori has just removed Izanagi's mask and trousers. I guess him and Koji Doi want to fight Purple Haze?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kenso is Kenzo Suzuki

I wondered but apparently couldn't remember what he looked like. Explains why they kept saying WWE though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If Enfants lose to Yoshitatsu and friend whose name I forget but I think is from Lands End (Sai?) They finish with a losing record and would cement Ishikawa as worst booker of a promotion I watch.

Might just relegate them to Zero1 "only watch the title matches" status if ET lose this. No point wasting time on booking that doesn't respect you

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mother fucker. Yoshitatsu pinned Arashi and Enfants Terribles finished with a losing record. All Japan have done a great job turning these guys into meaningless geeks after a hot debut

It wasn't that long since I raved about their weekly no-fan TV but it feels like a life time ago

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/619tono/status/1335904329140559872?s=19

Photo doesn't do justice to how horrible the headbutt war between Ishikawa and Abby was. Just sick

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sekimoto also has a gnarly mouse from headbutts. Dudes, it isn't worth it

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

Watching All Japan and I have no idea what the gently caress is happening here. An old guy, Kenso? And a woman in a straw hat came out and said something and then Naoya Ogawa came out as he's meant to be doing commentary for Amazon Prime which is showing this? The woman started pushing Ogawa and then the Kenso bloke took over and Ogawa gave him the STO?

And now they've just announced a match with Jun Kasai, Kenji Fukimoto and Masashi Takeda on the 13th. This promotion is extremely odd.

the amazon prime stuff is from the weird money mark magic eraser sponge people (LEC) that did the dragongate one. they got a ton of cash to throw around and have decided to underwrite streaming wrestling of all things to spend it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yusuke Okada is leaving AJPW at the end of the month

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yusuke Okada is leaving AJPW at the end of the month

Another riproaring success of the Shuji Ishikawa era.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alright I'm gonna try and take the dive before the year ends. What're Shiozakis best matches of this year and how do I watch em.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Go vs Kaito Kiyomiya, 4/1
Go vs Kazuyuki Fujita, 28/3
Go vs Kenoh, 10/8
Go vs Katsuhiko Nakajima, 22/11, featuring English commentary
Go vs Takashi Sugiura, 6/12

Those are the ones I'd pick, but to narrow it done further I'd say the Kenoh, Nakajima & Sugiura matches are all top 5 of the year for me.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Might as well throw in the Saito and Marufuji matches and watch the whole reign. The Saito match is more emotional if you go in with the context that these are the last two living guys from Misawa's match and Saito is working through a lot of guilt from that. The post-match promo made me cry

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Another riproaring success of the Shuji Ishikawa era.

It sounds like this one is actually on Tajiri. Rumour has it that Okada complained to Akiyama about Tajiri going over all the juniors and Tajiri got wind of it and buried him when he got power after Akiyama left. Tajiri is the head trainer at the dojo and part of the booking team.

Speaking of Yusuke, I wonder if the choice of tie and handkerchief when meeting with CyberFight's Jun Akiyama is a hint as to his intended destination

https://twitter.com/jun0917start/status/1336624451677384705?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tajiri the trainer, I don't think he's the greatest ever but fine. But Tajiri the 50 year old pro wrestler who has lost 0 singles matches to Junior wrestlers in 2020 blows & just makes me miss Aoki even more than already.