Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

still find it really weird that qanonanonymous had a trafficking expert on who said there is no documented proof of child trafficking ever happening and then in the same segment they started talking about epstein. lol wut.

he said theres no documented proof of the pop cultural depiction of trafficking where its children being snatched off the street and stuffed into shipping containers

Farm Frenzy has issued a correction as of 02:15 on Dec 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
He said there was no documented case of someone being trafficked on an airplane which is pretty lol

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

bedpan posted:

North America's getting soft, patrón, and the rest of the world is getting tough. Very, very tough. We're entering savage new times, and we're going to have to be pure and direct and strong, if we're going to survive them. Now, you and this cesspool you call a television station and your people who wallow around in it, your viewers who watch you do it, they're rotting us away from the inside. We intend to stop that rot.

thank you, it's absolutely perfect

i was probably ten or eleven when i first saw that movie

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

in other news, Podcast Addict added a "random pick" feature and it is a loving trip

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

in other news, Podcast Addict added a "random pick" feature and it is a loving trip

Mars Attacks, is sadly, not a 200 episode podcast dedicated to rewatching Mars Attacks! in 15 second segments. It's somehow a hard rock and heavy metal podcast.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

Mars Attacks, is sadly, not a 200 episode podcast dedicated to rewatching Mars Attacks! in 15 second segments. It's somehow a hard rock and heavy metal podcast.

Mars Attacks is a surprisingly big franchise for something that was started by trading cards and is largely remembered now for a largely forgotten 90s sci-fi comedy. I'd listen to a deep dive Mars Attacks podcast

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i read one the the Mars Attacks licensed novels, the one about the mongols that rebel against the martians. loving bizarre.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Just recently they did a Mars Attacks vs Vampirella comic series.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

So it's a 30 Seconds to Mars (Attacks) reference

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lol these cards rule

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Is the trillbillies good

Some episodes I come out thinking "why did I listen to this?" but most episodes are good and the creators are good personalities.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Crane Fist posted:

Do you want to listen to some goobers with mellow accents read out posts from the mental health thread yes/no

not a bad way to put it tbf. i'm not in love with it but it's ok if everything else has been exhausted.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

crepeface posted:

the lady that bad faith got on the episode with cornel west sucks so bad, goddamn, maybe the worst guest they've ever had.

She loving defended Obama blowing up the NBA strike

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

i think of demons posted:

i remember he sacked a shitload of people immediately when covid shutdowns started in the US instead of riding it out even a month or so. not a reason to not watch reruns or whatever but not great stuff

I was made aware of this because a certain Ex-Cracked guy made a video on the days following that highlighting on how he outsmarted the Michelin club and how anyone who had bad history with him was jealous of his success. And on my head I went "Ok, that couldn't have possibly come out of nowhere".

Also, Forged in Fire seems to be one of the main exceptions to "American Competition reality shows tend to be rather abrasive"

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

lol cush went on the superstructure pod, which heads will remember has made a minor name for itself cyberstalking famous podcast people in the "chapo verse". lotsa long meandering, incoherent takes about "reified neoliberal technology" and "critiques of the counter prevailing narrative archetypes proposed by blah blah". cush realizes it's a non-starter around the 16 minute mark.

if the bigger pod boys are willing to appear on that poo poo then perhaps i could enquire if they fancy spending an hour or so in a much more chilled and vibes environment to talk secret history and amerikan deep state...

THS
Sep 15, 2017

matt seems down to go in pretty much any podcast

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

if the bigger pod boys are willing to appear on that poo poo then perhaps i could enquire if they fancy spending an hour or so in a much more chilled and vibes environment to talk secret history and amerikan deep state...

DOMESTIC GLADIO!!!
DOMESTIC GLADIO!!!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

DOMESTIC GLADIO!!!
DOMESTIC GLADIO!!!

:hmmyes:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Kunster posted:

Also, Forged in Fire seems to be one of the main exceptions to "American Competition reality shows tend to be rather abrasive"

Forged in Fire rules and I would love a similar woodworking show.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

lol cush went on the superstructure pod, which heads will remember has made a minor name for itself cyberstalking famous podcast people in the "chapo verse". lotsa long meandering, incoherent takes about "reified neoliberal technology" and "critiques of the counter prevailing narrative archetypes proposed by blah blah". cush realizes it's a non-starter around the 16 minute mark.

i wish people on the left could speak normally instead of with this buzzword poo poo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
reify deez nutz

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

gh0stpinballa posted:

Is it worth listening to like the Skullduggery episode him and Virgil went on?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Euphoriaphone posted:

That episode is pretty good. They talk about in the Cahpo episode afterwards, but even just listening to that Skullduggery you really can hear Matt and Virgil go from a little intimidated, to incredulous, to completely condescending over the course of like 20 minutes.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Shipon posted:

i wish people on the left could speak normally instead of with this buzzword poo poo

i listened to the full episode and i did not undersand a single thing the superstructure people were saying. seemed like a long winded way of arguing that you should vote democrat or something. the host talks exactly like he tweets:

https://twitter.com/agoingaccount/status/1335039166799818752?s=19

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 22:53 on Dec 6, 2020

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

gh0stpinballa posted:

i listened to the full episode and i did not undersand a single thing the superstructure people were saying. seemed like a long winded way of arguing that you should vote democrat or something. the host talks exactly like he tweets:

if i had my druthers i wouldnt read another post about this person

coathat
May 21, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Forged in Fire rules and I would love a similar woodworking show.

There was a British one but it got pulled after one episode because a contestant had nazi face tattoos

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Hooplah posted:

if i had my druthers i wouldnt read another post about this person

ironically they prove the cush point which is that talking and behaving like they do is deeply alienating and annoying to most people irl, and it's why extremely online left wingers are loving useless.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Euphoriaphone posted:

lol yeah that poo poo was really good

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Gio posted:

lol yeah that poo poo was really good

i think that poster is asking about the superstructure pod ep, not skullduggery

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
They were. But that does not mean we cannot all of us enjoy a fond reminiscence of that classic Chapo moment.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gh0stpinballa posted:

100% you should just ask. matt seems like he's down to go on and talk about poo poo and does that a lot. like he's gone on death / corner multiple times just to talk about l ron hubbard and poo poo. although you've already done gladio and italy and stuff but doesn't hurt to inquire. i'm down for ghost stories chapo crossover verse

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Finally had some free time today, listened to the Ghost Stories Q&A. Thanks for answering my question on Eco. :)

I've been meaning to check out Pynchon for years. Which one would be a good start?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

druthers

DRUTHERS

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
what was that podcast chapo went on that had the libs on it?

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

err posted:

what was that podcast chapo went on that had the libs on it?

Skullduggery

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

is that ep worth listening to?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

ramsay's mentor marco pierre white is way more unhinged and terrifying. he made gordon ramsay cry on camera

and now he does ads for prepackaged seasonings and stock
Ramsay and MPW are both "working class but they done well" stories. MPW is the one stopped giving a poo poo about Michelin stars and decided to just run pubs and do the occasional TV bit or ad work for the payday. Ramsay decided to create a brand and a media empire.

I kind of like MPW more, because theres plenty of clips of him throwing posh customers out.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Hooplah posted:

is that ep worth listening to?

If you enjoy Matt banging his head against a brick wall and Virgil clearly eating while taking the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsRlqBywKeQ

It's oly like half an hour. I enjoyed it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

coathat posted:

There was a British one but it got pulled after one episode because a contestant had nazi face tattoos

Don't look too closely at the forged in fire contestants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Virgil eating during the interview to show his distain is a power move he's repeated several times.