Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TheBacon posted:

That new ducati is loving atrocious holy poo poo what is wrong with them. My insect MT09 looks better.

I like the panigale a lot (if you remove the dumb looking wings) and the supersport isn't bad either, but ugh Slavvy is right, the whole point of a ducati is to look gorgeous and like a travis bike. If they didn't look so stunning why the gently caress would you pay more and deal with all their bullshit?

Personally I love the 916/996/998 models. Also the old monsters are way better both the 796 and 1100 linked are way way better looking.

Audi. Audi is what is wrong with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

FBS posted:

Here's the new Monster:

That entire passenger footpeg/exhaust hanger situation is :pwn:

nice sv650

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Finger Prince posted:

Audi. Audi is what is wrong with them.

but I *like* some audi's the goon that posted their BRG RS3 was just :swoon:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Somebody made the point recently that motorcycle design took a big poo poo when it went from physical clay/foam models sculpted by hand to entirely digital graphic design and I think that's why when a really good looking new bike appears these days, it REALLY looks good.

I have also ranted about that here before, haha

CAD/CAM is just way too powerful and artists always want to push the limit of whatever medium they're working in. Which is fine! It just... doesn't result in many beautiful, coherent bikes.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

This time when I look at the new monster, it looks like a cartoon turtle recoiling in horror and pulling his head most of the way back into his shell but not all the way.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This time when I look at the new monster, it looks like a cartoon turtle recoiling in horror and pulling his head most of the way back into his shell but not all the way.

Welp, never gonna unsee that now, because you are 100% correct

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

I keep thinking about the Gears of War character, with that bulky body and the small head. Though it's more pronounced in that Ducati Lamborghini hybrid.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

I have also ranted about that here before, haha

CAD/CAM is just way too powerful and artists always want to push the limit of whatever medium they're working in. Which is fine! It just... doesn't result in many beautiful, coherent bikes.

You're definitely right, but I think you're also mistakenly thinking a person sat down at a computer and designed the bike, but in reality someone drew a vague concept sketch, then there was twenty focus groups asking people questions like 'which of these three headlights do you prefer' and only then did the designer ger given a bunch of focus group approved individual parts to 'integrate' and after all of that the engineers and accountants went through and 'rationalised the design for production' and here we are.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Turn the dial to MAXIMUM TAMBOURINE-O

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I don’t see either blinkers or meers but I think the front blinkers might be the led halo around the headlight.

I think they’re in the frame. Check the white bit just under the front of the gas tank

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Another weird RedBull vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvaoo6QlEBE

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Probably not popular here, but among the middleweight naked, I like how the MV Brutale 800rr looks much better than the new Monster.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yuns posted:

Probably not popular here, but among the middleweight naked, I like how the MV Brutale 800rr looks much better than the new Monster.

Nice Gladius!

It looks like crap but at least it looks like something.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's a low bar and the MV still doesn't clear it lol

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Why does its exhaust look Photoshopped?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

All of this is just proof that the Gladius styling was way ahead of it’s time

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All of this is just proof that the Gladius styling was way ahead of it’s time

Styling AND marketing!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Yuns posted:

these are cool until the shifter falls off

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao

https://www.machine56.com/product/ev-1k-56

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Well that’s a thing.

In before loderunner posts evbikehype.png

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ulf posted:

Well that’s a thing.

In before loderunner posts evbikehype.png

Machine56 is a fashion designer in Jakarta and mostly does street wear though he does some novelty helmets too, this is the first vehicle I think he’s done.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I actually like this vs the monster and MV

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

quote:

This EV-1K/56 is designed by the principal designer of Katalis, Julian Palapa, an architect by discipline and enhanced with powerful graphic elements of M56, taking the future of mobility to be transformed into a work of art, worthy of museum display.

What's the equivalent, in motorcycle terms, of a home designed by an architect always having a leaky roof?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MetaJew posted:

What's the equivalent, in motorcycle terms, of a home designed by an architect always having a leaky roof?

That's referred to as 'made in Italy' or, if it's an early 20th century, 'made in England'.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

new cyberpunk game looking good

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

MetaJew posted:

I wish I'd heard this aphorism before I moved into an architect's home

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I actually love it but mostly because I love the wipeout aesthetic

Would ride that down the street with Xpander blasting behind me

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Midjack posted:

Machine56 is a fashion designer in Jakarta and mostly does street wear though he does some novelty helmets too, this is the first vehicle I think he’s done.
Wish you hadn't have let me know that. Now I'm browsing their site looking at their cyberpunk style jackets and helmets and wishing their novelty helmets were DOT/Snell or ECE certified.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I'm not sure what it was exactly, but yesterday there was a guy in my neighborhood with what looked like a Lotus 7 kitcar from the front, but as I drove past it, I found out it was a reverse trike powered by a Honda Goldwing.

It was interesting, if not a good car or motorcycle.

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
how long is the retro motorcycle cycle?

or, does anybody care enough about the 80s that I can expect Paso Ducati to replace Scrambler Ducati

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Greg12 posted:

how long is the retro motorcycle cycle?

or, does anybody care enough about the 80s that I can expect Paso Ducati to replace Scrambler Ducati

Literally just around the corner, 80's-90's sport bikes have started climbing in price and the technicolor-fairings-with-round-lights look is getting increasingly common on the internet specials that drive fashion.

E: meant to say 90's

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 8, 2020

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Slavvy posted:

Literally just around the corner, 80's-80's sport bikes have started climbing in price and the technicolor-fairings-with-round-lights look is getting increasingly common on the internet specials that drive fashion.

:hellyeah: that means 90s fairings are next

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/propagandopolis/status/1335933878389911555

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I wish Honda would make an electric Motocompo, because that's what this is reminding me of.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
An electric motocompo would indeed be rad. You could probably even make it weigh less than 40kg!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you can wheelie a bike that long and low and heavy while ALSO sitting on the front of the tank then you are the hero Canada needs

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you can wheelie a bike that long and low and heavy while ALSO sitting on the front of the tank then you are the hero Canada needs

If Canadia had enough men like this, they wouldn't have lost the war!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

"hey Dan, think ya can send it off that berm, ya fuckin hoser?"
"Fuckin watch me, eh!"
"yeah Dan! Fuckin give'r!!"

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This but a camo gixxer with a stretched swingarm for the Canadian forces in 2020+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think CanAms with knobbies would be more appropriate. Makes a stable platform for a mortar or some such, too!