Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

What a goofy fucker.

Was it JEB! who teased his campaign announcement with that website that slowly revealed his logo, day by day? Or was that some other failed candidate like Rick Perry? All I remember is that I'm pretty sure they gave up on the tease like 2 days in and just put the whole thing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This was good. Also good are his official Louisiana governor's portrait (that makes him look like a white man) and his official campaign slogan of "Tanned, Rested, and Ready"

iirc he also looked very :madmax: in it? or maybe just in general, i honestly forget

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The Trump admin announcing that they were going to give Kodak over $700 million to help develop a covid vaccine even though the company has nothing to do with medical research. Followed shortly by company executives dumping stock when the share price bumped.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mantis42 posted:

What a goofy fucker.

Was it JEB! who teased his campaign announcement with that website that slowly revealed his logo, day by day? Or was that some other failed candidate like Rick Perry? All I remember is that I'm pretty sure they gave up on the tease like 2 days in and just put the whole thing up.

That was dimwit Scott Walker

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

DoubleDonut posted:

literally every single thing about Bobby Jindal's 2016 campaign but specifically the video where he surprised his kids with the announcement he was running and they didn't give a poo poo

that's the most humanizing thing that i've ever heard about jindal tbf

gradenko_2000 posted:

That was dimwit Scott Walker

i wish i could find that video of the 2016 gop debates where christie's edited to look like chef boyardee, this post reminded me of it because of the booming voice going SCOTT. WALKER.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This is defamation against the good name of Ettore Boiardi, recipient of the Order of Lenin.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lil marco lmao

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Still lmao'ing about charity that raises awareness for cancer

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Scott Walker was the original dark horse candidate for winning the 2016 nom, turns out that while he was horrifyingly effective in loving up Wisconsin it turned out he was a bigger dweeb than even Jeb!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Thump! posted:

lil marco lmao

Like most of his lines, Donald Trump says his nicknames for former and current GOP rivals Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) just came to him. "Let me start with Little Marco," the Republican presidential frontrunner said in an interview with New York published Monday. "He just looked like Little Marco to me. And it's not Little. It's Liddle. L-I-D-D-L-E."

Cruz's nickname, Trump explains, also has a particular pronunciation. "And it’s not L-Y-I-N-G Ted Cruz," Trump said. "It's L-Y-I-N apostrophe. Ted's a liar, so that was easy."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/616440/donald-trump-explains-how-came-rubio-cruzs-nicknames

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Night of the Wrong Wives

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

Like most of his lines, Donald Trump says his nicknames for former and current GOP rivals Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) just came to him. "Let me start with Little Marco," the Republican presidential frontrunner said in an interview with New York published Monday. "He just looked like Little Marco to me. And it's not Little. It's Liddle. L-I-D-D-L-E."

Cruz's nickname, Trump explains, also has a particular pronunciation. "And it’s not L-Y-I-N-G Ted Cruz," Trump said. "It's L-Y-I-N apostrophe. Ted's a liar, so that was easy."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/616440/donald-trump-explains-how-came-rubio-cruzs-nicknames

The man don’t miss lol

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Feldegast42 posted:

Scott Walker was the original dark horse candidate for winning the 2016 nom, turns out that while he was horrifyingly effective in loving up Wisconsin it turned out he was a bigger dweeb than even Jeb!

My favorite part is he dropped out cause he figured out he couldnt win, and said several times that if that if the rest didn't drop and solidify quick, Trump was going to win. Dude comes off as Americas Dumbest Goober but he was the only R candidate to actually figure out and attempt to solve that commonality problem.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Feldegast42 posted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

My favorite part is he dropped out cause he figured out he couldnt win, and said several times that if that if the rest didn't drop and solidify quick, Trump was going to win. Dude comes off as Americas Dumbest Goober but he was the only R candidate to actually figure out and attempt to solve that commonality problem.

being the least dumb motherfucker in the 2016 republican primary isn't much of an achievement

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

being the least dumb motherfucker in the 2016 republican primary isn't much of an achievement

Particularly when the republican primary isn't something that rewards not being dumb

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/t0paine/status/1335621470219870209?s=21

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

t-paine... come back friend

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lol remember when all the celebrities made a video apologizing for being white

Rezam
Jan 7, 2012
when biden was announcing his candidacy and his instagram posted this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrLAg8BPyi/

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

No but I'm picturing this:
Somehow set to music and it's funny

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

wait what

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

babypolis posted:

t-paine... come back friend

they did briefly back in like 2018 or something, it was awful

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H45iMmItPdQ

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemima...sh=6fa855563701

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Best part of this was John Mayer mocking them by pretending he was supposed to be a part of it and intentionally singing the wrong song

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-AoRLhFsRX/

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Rezam posted:

when biden was announcing his candidacy and his instagram posted this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwrLAg8BPyi/

hahahaha

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I've really come around on John Mayer in the past few years. Dude's a pretty masterful low-key troll.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Laterite posted:

I've really come around on John Mayer in the past few years. Dude's a pretty masterful low-key troll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxCrZ3reOJk

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
That time a sleepy Silent Hill 2 wiki collapsed in on itself because one of the contributors couldn't stop editing every page to reflect his belief the game was about the trauma of circumcision.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Ruth Bader Ginsburg died after contracting coronavirus from officiating a wedding of a DC staffer whose twitter remains protected to this day

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

During the Democratic primaries there was a thing about Trump trying to workshop nicknames for potential opponents. Then the best he could come up with for Biden was "Sleepy" despite the fact that his team kept lying and saying Biden wasn't leaving his basement and "Hidin' Joe Biden" would have fit better.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Hidin Biden wouldn’t have worked better, the key to his nicknames is that they don’t rhyme or use alliteration

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
trumped-up trickle-down lmao

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

vyelkin posted:

trumped-up trickle-down lmao

Horrible

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That's an entitlement. The government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean the president starts off with 48, 49... he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5–10% in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. (Laughter/applause) Right? (Laughter/applause) They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately, there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people – now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks – they are irredeemable, but thankfully, they are not America.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
pokemon go to the polls lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
wipe the servers? what, like with a cloth or something??

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

remember when clinton stayed in the race because she thought her black opponent could still, like, get murdered by some chud or something before the convention lol

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Why is Hillary Clinton such an rear end in a top hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Fish of hemp posted:

Why is Hillary Clinton such an rear end in a top hat?

daughter of privilege, basically been destined for great things since undergrad, then hosed up and failed the dc bar exam and followed her lovely boyfriend to his podunk home state and has deeply resented everyone around her ever since

the combination of crushing political humiliation at every stage of her public life and her own inability to live up to her own "promise" (whatever the gently caress that means) along with being a loving shark means that hillary clinton is a psychopath who believes she's entitled to the upper echelons of power because she shook all the right hands, said all the right things, went to the right school, did a good job as a governor and then president's wife, and it's her loving turn, and the fact that it never actually worked out like that made her bitter and mean

you see flashes of her humanity in stuff like her unfailing loyalty towards monumental fuckups on her staff (especially to huma fuckin abedin jesus christ) but for the most part she just has nothing left but ambition