Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Azhais posted:

Less than 250k have died in total from corona

Well this aged well... :nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
My only point was that you don't need to resort to hyperbole to describe how bad Trump did

And beyond that the president could have been an epidemiologist with a prescience mutation and we still would never have been anywhere near SK's infection and mortality rates unless you were ok with federal police black bagging people on the streets without masks

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Azhais posted:

My only point was that you don't need to resort to hyperbole to describe how bad Trump did

And beyond that the president could have been an epidemiologist with a prescience mutation and we still would never have been anywhere near SK's infection and mortality rates unless you were ok with federal police black bagging people on the streets without masks

Yes, isn't it a good thing that the police weren't black bagging people into unmarked vans on the streets of America... :nallears:

Anyways, I'm sure if Trump had used executive power to rollout a testing capacity of >60M per day, dedicated contact tracing, and targeted quarantines that :barf:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I long for vicious crackdowns on non-compliant anti-maskers tbh

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Anyways, I'm sure if Trump had used executive power to rollout a testing capacity of >60M per day, dedicated contact tracing, and targeted quarantines that :barf:

I don't disagree. In fact I think the only person that could have had a shot at going both infection rates and mortality rates down is a mythological version of Trump with a shard of human empathy.

Any president had the opportunity to prepare hospitals and roll out testing, Trump just chose not to. But while the people wearing masks now were always going to do it regardless of Trump or Hillary or Bernie, only Trump had a prayer of getting the "MUH FREEDOMS" crowd to wear them more consistently. He just chose not to.

But as long as America is divided into this level of political tribalism we were always hosed

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Azhais posted:

I don't disagree. In fact I think the only person that could have had a shot at going both infection rates and mortality rates down is a mythological version of Trump with a shard of human empathy.

Any president had the opportunity to prepare hospitals and roll out testing, Trump just chose not to. But while the people wearing masks now were always going to do it regardless of Trump or Hillary or Bernie, only Trump had a prayer of getting the "MUH FREEDOMS" crowd to wear them more consistently. He just chose not to.

But as long as America is divided into this level of political tribalism we were always hosed

:hmmyes:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Ignis posted:

And no way John was standing that close to the explosion, he's a flinchy person.

You don't see him in the wide shot, but he could be walking away much further out and they compress it with the proper lens so it looks like he's right there (and a really deep depth of field so it's all in focus). Pretty standard film technique for this sort of work.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
If anyone's interested, John was on Seth Meyers' show yesterday, where he talked about the filming of the explosion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB2mjBuAtiQ

He also talked about the Adam Driver bit and the story behind it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVJ3jfC1M0

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://youtu.be/qIUb3bjh42Y

New web exclusive!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

He's so weirdly negative about food.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

SlothfulCobra posted:

You're aware he is British.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

It really fits the “angry man rants at you for 30 minutes” shtick

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
He's also not wrong about Pringles, they are a trash-tier food

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

webmeister posted:

He's also not wrong about Pringles, they are a trash-tier food

Some pringles flavors actually are really good, but most of them really suck

Like the Thai sweet chili ones? Mint. The blueberry and hazelnut flavor is incredible

They're just also obsessed with making tons of crap flavors

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They're not even chips.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Like the Thai sweet chili ones? Mint. The blueberry and hazelnut flavor is incredible

W-why are there potato chips that are made to taste like blueberry?! :psyduck:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Simone Magus posted:

I don't think you can arrive at a flavour like blueberry and hazelnut without a lot of experimentation, so the two are pretty much inherently linked.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Perestroika posted:

W-why are there potato chips that are made to taste like blueberry?! :psyduck:

Because a few years ago their marketing team hit on the idea that if they release a ton of different flavors they could sell people on the idea of combining to make their own. That way they can sell 2-3x as many chips to the same amount of people.

Plus they're more like an air fried cracker than a chip

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Pringles are road trip food. :colbert:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The best crisps I've found in America are called "Zapp's Voodoo heat"

Not sure what flavor they're even supposed to be, kind of like a cross between salt&vinegar and barbecue? They're kettle fried too. Really good

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You could buy real chips.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Simone Magus posted:

The best crisps I've found in America are called "Zapp's Voodoo heat"

Not sure what flavor they're even supposed to be, kind of like a cross between salt&vinegar and barbecue? They're kettle fried too. Really good

zapps is great, yes. I'm pretty sure that's just hot sauce flavor, like tabasco, or siracha

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Everyone knows sun chips are the best

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 7, 2020

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

zapps is great, yes. I'm pretty sure that's just hot sauce flavor, like tabasco, or siracha

No they're very sweet, they're not actually spicy at all. It's confusing!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oi I'm gunna nip off for some cheeky crisps I am.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

Oi I'm gunna nip off for some cheeky crisps I am.

... I'm Irish, I'm allowed to type like I talk

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Simone Magus posted:

... I'm Irish, I'm allowed to type like I talk

blimey

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

Everyone knows sun chips are the best

Sun chips are only slightly less tasty than actual cardboard

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Simone Magus posted:

Sun chips are only slightly less tasty than actual cardboard

But the packaging can be heard for miles around. Anyway I prefer the lay's stackable potato based tube packaged snack, because its 20 cents cheaper.

pwn
May 27, 2004

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

You could buy real chips.

Zapp’s are real chips, op

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Related, why do Americans pronounce it "sir-racha"????

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Cause it doesn't work for a living

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Simone Magus posted:

Different areas and different people pronounce things differently. Wild, I know

pwn
May 27, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

Because we’re bad at pronouncing non-English words and worse at taking any criticism of our speech

A white lady named Karen coined, “Language is always evolving”

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

See also: “chipol-tee”

Though the rise of a fast-casual brand has blunted that somewhat

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

World Famous W posted:

Different areas and different people pronounce things differently. Wild, I know

Thank you for interrupting perfectly pleasant snack chat to be a sarcastic douche :jerkbag:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
You all have been calling it Sriracha when it is actually Sriracha's Monster.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Simone Magus posted:

No they're very sweet, they're not actually spicy at all. It's confusing!

You sure it was Voodoo Heat? They make an Evil Eye flavor that's creole seasoning and ketchup flavored and is a farsight tastier than the combo would appear at first glance.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You sure it was Voodoo Heat? They make an Evil Eye flavor that's creole seasoning and ketchup flavored and is a farsight tastier than the combo would appear at first glance.

Oh, you may be right, because they did definitely taste a bit like ketchup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Simone Magus posted:

Thank you for interrupting perfectly pleasant snack chat to be a sarcastic douche :jerkbag:
You right. I apologize