Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

that is true actually.

That toast photo was also fake. Where anime goes, lies follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Elviscat posted:

Ok, I guess we'll just erase the valient Charge of the 92nd Armored Waifu Brigade at the Battle of Pallas-Yllästunturi Ridge during the 1st hyperwar.

Thats actually a myth, military historians have so far been unable to find evidence that the 92nd PsWaPr took part in the Operation Jaxuhali.

It is very likely that people are confusing the 92nd Waifu with 15th Light Maid Company (15K SisKo), which has been verified to have been at Pallas-Ylläs during the battle, since both have garter belts on their unit insignia.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Memento posted:

"haha wow these Warhammer 40k space marines are just like Starcraft, wow, talk about creatively bankrupt Game Workshop"

I mean, they are, but not for that reason

Honestly they don't actually have much in common besides the loose deal of oversized football pad esque power armour, Starcraft Marines otherwise have more in common with Imperial Guard, and a general 'space redneck' dealio that's pretty thematically opposite. People are more surprised and bemused at these huge guys wearing Darth Vader masks who talk like Romans.

Now, Zerg and Tyranids is another story.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Honestly they don't actually have much in common besides the loose deal of oversized football pad esque power armour, Starcraft Marines otherwise have more in common with Imperial Guard, and a general 'space redneck' dealio that's pretty thematically opposite. People are more surprised and bemused at these huge guys wearing Darth Vader masks who talk like Romans.

Now, Zerg and Tyranids is another story.

StarCraft's marine designs are way more interesting anyways, redneck convicts in fusion powered up-armored battle ready astronaut suits is way cooler than a bunch of super perfect murder hobos. Not that it matters, really, since they just retconned a bunch of poo poo between SC1 and 2 anyways. And the Overmind/Kerrigan is way more interesting of a concept than the Tyranids. e: at least until the Zerg became ACTUALLY THE GOOD GUYS NO REALLY

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I might be misremembering details but as I read, supposedly behind the scenes blizzard was contracted to do a warhammer game for games workshop and had a ton of assets already made but then there was a falling out with gw and blizzard and a legal battle over licensing so the starcraft we got was them scrambling to create a game with what they'd already made. The whole marines are rednecks/space hicks was a middle finger to games workshop to make them legally distinct. Even funnier that it was a blockbuster hit while gw didn't put much onto the video game scene.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Whose kind?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

Which is understandable because if you use the right paint it confers a stat advantage.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"Yoda does ketamine" is a meme and even after having looked into it I can't tell you why.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

frogge posted:

I might be misremembering details but as I read, supposedly behind the scenes blizzard was contracted to do a warhammer game for games workshop and had a ton of assets already made but then there was a falling out with gw and blizzard and a legal battle over licensing so the starcraft we got was them scrambling to create a game with what they'd already made. The whole marines are rednecks/space hicks was a middle finger to games workshop to make them legally distinct. Even funnier that it was a blockbuster hit while gw didn't put much onto the video game scene.

This rumor has been around forever and I honestly don't know if I've ever seen anything to really confirm it, but it certainly sounds like something GW would do.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

S.J. posted:

This rumor has been around forever and I honestly don't know if I've ever seen anything to really confirm it, but it certainly sounds like something GW would do.

when I worked at blizzard one of the first things that struck me was the giant mural on one of the walls that was basically identical to the cover to the WH40k boxed set I got when I was like 12.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

when I worked at blizzard one of the first things that struck me was the giant mural on one of the walls that was basically identical to the cover to the WH40k boxed set I got when I was like 12.

I'd love to see what this looks like tbh

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

S.J. posted:

I'd love to see what this looks like tbh

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

I've seen various versions but the only ones I've seen straight from anyone involved were that it never got past the "gee, wouldn't it be sweet if we made this a licensed warhammer game?" stage.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Is there a proper above the board charity to donate to that supports butlers on their transition to maids and maids to butlers?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

S.J.
May 19, 2008

...the blizzard mural, I played warhammer for like 15 years lol

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Service equals citizenship transition! Would you like to know more?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

S.J. posted:

...the blizzard mural, I played warhammer for like 15 years lol

there were less swords, but it was recognizably a copy of that artwork lol

S.J.
May 19, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

there were less swords, but it was recognizably a copy of that artwork lol

I feel like that artwork released in 3rd edition 40k, which was after StarCraft came out, but now I feel like I need to dig through some old books I have lying around

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

:same:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

IS that a warhammer map? it looks a lot better than some of the other ones I've seen

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Memento posted:

"Yoda does ketamine" is a meme and even after having looked into it I can't tell you why.

People who do insane CC levels of ket often wind up with these disjointed but complete grammars that seem to be wholesale made up by them, which kind of sounds like yoda

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Someone post the disco dancer's handbook, I don't remember if it was War Hammer or something else.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

IS that a warhammer map? it looks a lot better than some of the other ones I've seen

GW sells entire ruined city buildings, and making elaborate scenery and arenas is considered as much a part of the hobby as painting your space mans and tanks and dragons. Most of the GW stores will have elaborate showoffs of their official scenery as well as anything the manager/employees might have made. But of course you can also just get creative with styrofoam and plastic bottles.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzOzLPP5EOE

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Who is this woman?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That is Anya Taylor-Joy.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Who is this woman?

The main character of the Netflix show The Queen's Gambit, as played by Anya Taylor-Joy.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Mierenneuker posted:

The main character of the Netflix show The Queen's Gambit, as played by Anya Taylor-Joy.

Well now i know,thank you both.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Who is this woman?

That's her.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Honestly some of the best things about Warhams is making your own bases, accessories and scenery out of whatever you have to hand- interesting looking rocks, random plastic stuff you traded for, spare parts for Japanese model kits, gift cards that you used to buy more Warhammer models...a bit of putty, glue and paint and you'd be amazed what it ends up like.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Still ones of my favorite meme pictures. "Waugh, Mr. Bond."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Straight White Shark posted:

I've seen various versions but the only ones I've seen straight from anyone involved were that it never got past the "gee, wouldn't it be sweet if we made this a licensed warhammer game?" stage.

I’ve heard that story about Warcraft, not Starcraft. Which I believe because while Warhammer didn’t invent orcs, Warcraft orcs are aesthetically identical to Hams orcs in a way that generic DnD, MtG, etc art never is even though they all use generic orcs.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Wow she was in a Playmobil movie in loving 2019, I literally haven't thought about that brand in 20 years.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Warcraft vs. Warhammer:
https://kotaku.com/the-inside-story-of-the-making-of-warcraft-part-1-5929157

quote:

Allen Adham hoped to obtain a license to the Warhammer universe to try to increase sales by brand recognition. Warhammer was a huge inspiration for the art-style of Warcraft, but a combination of factors, including a lack of traction on business terms and a fervent desire on the part of virtually everyone else on the development team (myself included) to control our own universe nixed any potential for a deal. We had already had terrible experiences working with DC Comics on "Death and Return of Superman" and "Justice League Task Force", and wanted no similar issues for our new game.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Who is this woman?

No, Hu is this woman, we went over this last page.

And as for warhams paints, as long as you're not loudly bragging about the rival brands in a GW they're not going to question you about what your minis are actually covered in.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Still ones of my favorite meme pictures. "Waugh, Mr. Bond."

I’m partial to this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Biplane posted:

Wow she was in a Playmobil movie in loving 2019, I literally haven't thought about that brand in 20 years.

It's amazing that it is still kicking. Every kid who used to get Playmobil as a birthday gift has grown up by now. All of them bearing the knowledge you should just get Lego.