Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

This is my discord server's masterpiece:

Now might be my only chance to ask... what is that emote meant to convey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It does not have an intended purpose

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

This is my discord server's masterpiece:

A single fruit snack on the edge of a counter?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

Seriously who makes art of 13 sentinels without minimum 13 of the main chars visible

fuckin ell, I forgot to buy that last week and we're only a few days away from cyberpunk so I'll prolly forget it again

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Seriously who makes art of 13 sentinels without minimum 13 of the main chars visible

So it's funny because I found a slight variation of this image where every character was in the frame except goutou was almost completely obscured by Natsuno

I seriously cant find a version of this image that doesnt have some weird clipping issue

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Heh, that clipping, sounds like the game might not be as good as goons say :smuggo:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's especially weird considering that, unless it is some sort of absolutely unsolvable Unreal problem, my immediate guess of what would be causing the problem is that it's just loading in the wrong LOD and you'd just need to gently caress around with the distance at which it loads the most detailed version, which would be an incredibly quick fix. So yeah, I'm guessing it's more of a "eh gently caress it"
From what Chip has said in his FF7 R; it sounds like they have yet to patch the game which would probably solve a lot of these texture things?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

wuggles posted:

Now might be my only chance to ask... what is that emote meant to convey

you see a delicious looking snack?

someone gives you a compliment?

a new video game you've been looking forward to just came out?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mall Santa Metis posted:

Dang, that's a high-impact emote

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mall Santa Metis posted:

Your super-villian plan just came to fruition.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ok it looks like I had the right idea then.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Your fashionable red beanie is on your kitchen counter and ready to wear.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You found a nice leaf, ready to be placed into your pressed flower book

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

redreader posted:

I apologise for the dumbness of this question: playing disco elysium on pc with mouse + keyboard. I have controllers and like them (and a steam controller) but I assume this game isn't really a controller game? But I hate holding shift with my pinky while I run around with WASD. I could just reconfigure run I suppose, but before I do that is there a better option, e.g. 'controller is better than m+kb for this game' or whatever? And I don't see a 'run everywhere' option either.

Caps lock? I seem to remember that working.

e: I went back and tested it, can confirm caps lock is the "set run as default" button.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 7, 2020

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Mall Santa Metis posted:

about to tuck in to a delicious and lovingly crafted slice of fairy bread?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

redreader posted:

I apologise for the dumbness of this question: playing disco elysium on pc with mouse + keyboard. I have controllers and like them (and a steam controller) but I assume this game isn't really a controller game? But I hate holding shift with my pinky while I run around with WASD. I could just reconfigure run I suppose, but before I do that is there a better option, e.g. 'controller is better than m+kb for this game' or whatever? And I don't see a 'run everywhere' option either.

I have been waiting until this game has gamepad support tbf

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mall Santa Metis posted:

idgi

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
you think that one's hard to parse, wait till you see this sunset over rolling hills

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
nice try but ive been through enough aghanim sprite training to see the :o

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A picture says a thousand words.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
call out through the ages~

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

cheetah7071 posted:

you think that one's hard to parse, wait till you see this sunset over rolling hills

That's where Luke Skywalker lives

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So it's funny because I found a slight variation of this image where every character was in the frame except goutou was almost completely obscured by Natsuno

I seriously cant find a version of this image that doesnt have some weird clipping issue

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
ornstein and smough is a spectacular boss fight and it'll feel real good when I kill them. holy poo poo the music

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm very glad I made my own discord server where there's no anime, but there is blackjack and hookers. And a Bill Hader emote for reasons I don't recall.

And many good pixel art emotes

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

pixel art is anime imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In the sense that their both simple art styles used as a crutch by people without any talent, yes :twisted:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Nioh 2 is on sale for $10 at Best Buy and I have reached the point where even though I recognize it as an objectively good deal and I do want to play it at some point, I can barely muster the will to do so when I know I have literally thousands of hours other games in front of me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

And like the whole thing of "buying it now so you'll have it ready for whenever" is what I did when I bought the original DQ11, which I haven't started and now instead I would play the upgraded version I also have access to on gamepass instead lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Buy things only when you intend to use them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Hey VG you said you'd post the GOTY thread this weekend and well, there's only 35 minutes left of it :colbert:

I am sorry. I did not have a superb sunday and fell behind with house fixing stuff.

As long as I get it up before the 11th (which was when last years was posted) I will still be in the safe zone. Plus everyone likes a little anticipation, yes? :)

(It is purely graphics that I am finishing - the thread exists in the mod forum with the graphics missing.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I am sorry. I did not have a superb sunday and fell behind with house fixing stuff.

I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday, I hope things are better today! Please ignore my jokey post and don't worry about entertaining a dumb dead comedy forum! :love:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday, I hope things are better today! Please ignore my jokey post and don't worry about entertaining a dumb dead comedy forum! :love:

dang, having to apologize for something you said online a day later, you really are a gamer

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Hahaha noo! No need to apologise, I took it completely in jest. :)

I was really hoping to get it up and I am excited for the thread tremendously and do not want to let you all down :heart:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

you can find printable paper crate designs online for free and if you print those on oak tag or whatever paper card stock you got they look good.

But then it wouldn't have the texture of being made of little wooden strips and this is very important for the immersion of hot wheels cars go vroom tabletop deathrace game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

dang, having to apologize for something you said online a day later, you really are a gamer

I didn't say a single gamer word :colbert:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Buy things only when you intend to use them.

This, might I say, is excellent advice! (which I still manage to ignore and instead continue to pile games onto my backlog)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I’ve read the GotY thread and can confirm it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

abolish nintendo