Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AdmiralViscen posted:

Didn’t he say the Jim Davis garfizza had locally sourced Canadian pineapples lol

This makes me wonder if he even cares about food. There's other ways to entergage with Garfield than big cow lasagna. Why doesn't he just sell merch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Big Beef City posted:

Transformers GastroPub featuring Optimus Prime Rib and MegaTroni and Cheese

voltron. you can order the voltron special which is five different plates of appetizers that fit together

Nirvikalpa posted:

This makes me wonder if he even cares about food. There's other ways to entergage with Garfield than big cow lasagna. Why doesn't he just sell merch?

aside from the ability to sell the comics i'm sure he has no way of getting those rights

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is there any evidence that Nathen even has the Scooby license tho?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

is there any evidence he gives a poo poo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mordja posted:

Is there any evidence that Nathen even has the Scooby license tho?

assuming he's actually involved with whoever owns scooby eats, yeah, the domain uses warner brothers controlled nameservers

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
If Nathen was an sa poster he would have already been permabanned for “mental illness” out of fear it might spread, as our wise qualified and kind mods are known to do

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Imagine the potential cash cow of a thousand Nathen rereges.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

mediaphage posted:

assuming he's actually involved with whoever owns scooby eats, yeah, the domain uses warner brothers controlled nameservers

animaniacs themed coffee shops when

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Big Beef City posted:

animaniacs themed coffee shops when

I tried watching the new one with the kids and the humor is too adult for a 9 year-old and too stupid for adults. I’m gonna keep watching for a bit and hope it gets better.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i liked the "what most people use the internet for" gag but yeah for the most part they've been on the tepid side

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The White Dragon posted:

i liked the "what most people use the internet for" gag but yeah for the most part they've been on the tepid side

Yeah, that got a genuine laugh out of me and there were a couple funny jokes tucked into the "sell-out" song but the rest has been between "blah" and cringe. Even the Trump jokes fell flat and that's like shooting fish in a barrel.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am genuinely shocked he hasn't found this thread and signed up to yell at everyone by now.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Just wondering how many more worn-out cartoon properties ol' Nate is going to turn into restaurant failures before the IP owners figure it out and start denying him the rights and the last thing we get from Mad Mazri before he returns to his home planet is a Paddy the Pelican Entergageaurant.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Detective Thompson posted:

Just wondering how many more worn-out cartoon properties ol' Nate is going to turn into restaurant failures before the IP owners figure it out and start denying him the rights and the last thing we get from Mad Mazri before he returns to his home planet is a Paddy the Pelican Entergageaurant.

farm-to-table howard the duck breast restaurant

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

breastaurant

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

EL BROMANCE posted:

Imagine the potential cash cow of a thousand Nathen rereges.

There's technically no evidence he isn't Seraph84.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Just wondering how many more worn-out cartoon properties ol' Nate is going to turn into restaurant failures before the IP owners figure it out and start denying him the rights

Why would they so long as the failures only affect Nathen? IP owners get $X just for saying yes to a licensee, and the only easier money than that is making $Y if the venture succeeds and they get a share of the profits in addition to the license fee. His anti-vax posts aside Nathen hasn't really done anything that actively or directly damaged Garfield as a brand. Kind of like how Hulk Hogan's brand value wasn't affected by the quick and total failure of his Pastamania restaurant. It was the secret sex tapes with his racist rants that torpedoed him. If Nathen just keeps doing the same old over and over, all that really means is that a bunch of media conglomerates will have made more money than they otherwise would have if he didn't bother with licensing at all.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Agent Escalus posted:

Why would they so long as the failures only affect Nathen? IP owners get $X just for saying yes to a licensee, and the only easier money than that is making $Y if the venture succeeds and they get a share of the profits in addition to the license fee. His anti-vax posts aside Nathen hasn't really done anything that actively or directly damaged Garfield as a brand. Kind of like how Hulk Hogan's brand value wasn't affected by the quick and total failure of his Pastamania restaurant. It was the secret sex tapes with his racist rants that torpedoed him. If Nathen just keeps doing the same old over and over, all that really means is that a bunch of media conglomerates will have made more money than they otherwise would have if he didn't bother with licensing at all.
I have no doubt that if anything Nathen increased Garfield's value. The Infinite Irony crowd online ate that poo poo up, and suddenly my friends on Instagram were following official Garfield accounts.

This is kind of like how the Ghostbusters reboot created a surge of Ghostbusters legacy sales from the triggered MRA snowflake crowd who were angry about the new movie, ensuring that it was a success even without being profitable on its own.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Mordja posted:

There's technically no evidence he isn't Seraph84.

He doesn't mention bitcoin in every single goddamn sentence out of his manic mouth, which I feel is strong albeit circumstantial evidence.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Mods should run the plates itt or whatever it is they do to find alts so that Fetus Tree can be made to stop posting again, tia

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dr. Quarex posted:

I have no doubt that if anything Nathen increased Garfield's value. The Infinite Irony crowd online ate that poo poo up, and suddenly my friends on Instagram were following official Garfield accounts.

This is kind of like how the Ghostbusters reboot created a surge of Ghostbusters legacy sales from the triggered MRA snowflake crowd who were angry about the new movie, ensuring that it was a success even without being profitable on its own.

The best part is the MRA assholes ranted and raved about the whole “all female” angle when the correct play was to point out that the movie was objectively terrible on its own merits.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope Nathan keeps repeating the cycle until we get the tails gets trolled restaurant the world deserves.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Frank Frank posted:

The best part is the MRA assholes ranted and raved about the whole “all female” angle when the correct play was to point out that the movie was objectively terrible on its own merits.
Well and my favorite was people who were criticizing it for being terrible before it came out, and getting angry when accused of sexism.

Regardless, we can all agree a new Ghostbusters reboot starring Jim Davis characters would be fantastic

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Agent Escalus posted:

...It was the secret sex tapes with his racist rants that torpedoed him.

I may or may not be in possession of the Racist Garfield Sex tapes and I may or may not release them.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
A small town Indiana resident is a rambling racist? That's gotta be like shooting fish in a barrel. Now if you had the Garfield Feets (GarfFeets?) toe fetish tapes, that would be something you could sell!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Garfield was created just miles away from the studio where Bob Ross filmed all of his shows. Truly the universe has a sick sense of humor.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Update: It has two weeks and although the Garf-Happiness Manager insists that I was already refunded for my impossible garfsagna, no refund has appeared. They asked me to please not to dispute the charge while they investigate (I am giving them until Wednesday).

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Update: It has two weeks and although the Garf-Happiness Manager insists that I was already refunded for my impossible garfsagna, no refund has appeared. They asked me to please not to dispute the charge while they investigate (I am giving them until Wednesday).
Eagerly awaiting for you to get them banned from payment processors and get featured on Nathen’s Instagram story.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Steve Jorbs posted:

Eagerly awaiting for you to get them banned from payment processors and get featured on Nathen’s Instagram story.

The guy replied and told me to go ahead and contact PayPal so I did

:shrug:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

If you take single handedly down Nathen's QSR empire there will be hell to pay...one chargeback could literally do that :lmao:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Apparently the issue was on PayPal’s end and I have now been garefunded. In Nathen’s defense, they are VERY responsive. If you email them, they reply back within minutes.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Frank Frank posted:

Apparently the issue was on PayPal’s end and I have now been garefunded. In Nathen’s defense, they are VERY responsive. If you email them, they reply back within minutes.

That guy is just hovering over his garfinbox waiting for something to happen.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Drink-Mix Man posted:

That guy is just hovering over his garfinbox waiting for something to happen.

if the deviantart thread taught me anything it's that garfbox isn't what you think it is

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
NemperEATS when

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Honey, why does our NemperEATS pizza box have all these size 5 Airwalk prints again??

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i would say hatsune mikuEATS but that was already done

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Big Beef City posted:

A jetsons themed restaurant that only sells porkchops for some reason.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
More weird ads in my inbox this morning. Check this kid's facial expression:

My friends sure will be impressed! Have some more bonus bizarrely named food items:

EVEN IF WE'RE NOT INVITED, LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR PARTY SO WE CAN SHOW UP AND CRASH ON THE COUCH

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I thought they only sold frozen lasagnas. Wasn’t that supposed to be the perfect business model?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The dumbest answer is always correct. In this case it’s that Nathen forgot to turn off his ads once he closed up shop so I just keep getting them.

Edit: The bottom of the ad had “previous events” pictures. There were a grand total of two, and one was just Nathen standing next to someone in a Garfield costume.