Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If there’s no flight model then why does it matter if the landing gear is stuck down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Sound on

https://i.imgur.com/bWOXa7m.mp4

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Sunswipe posted:

Were you looking at the same video clip I was? Cos I'll happily mock anyone who appears to think that breasts move around like two bags of angry cats.

I was thinking "net-full of fresh catch"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

no_recall posted:

The biggest waste is CR's idea of "physically based everything". He could've used metaphors and other animation-rigged placeholders to open "hidden" UI's and other hidden compartments. These things don't need to be represented in the games "reality". They just need to work.

Hell, even today we have stuff like NFC where you just put two things next to eachother to activate some code. So you could have compartments that open when the owners hand reaches for them, even today.
Of course, that would require you to know such technology exists, Chris is probably still shocked that there is a "mobile" phone.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Kikas posted:

Hell, even today we have stuff like NFC where you just put two things next to eachother to activate some code. So you could have compartments that open when the owners hand reaches for them, even today.
Of course, that would require you to know such technology exists, Chris is probably still shocked that there is a "mobile" phone.
CIG wanted to recreate Millenium Falcon, backers paid for recreated Millenium Falcon. It doesn't matter if it's resource drain, nonsensical, outdated and it won't ever serve stated purpose. All that matters is backers can pretend they're Han Solos (minus everything except physical space of recreated MF that made him Han Solo)

Also :lol: at physicalized everything with ships effortlessly noclipping around with no wings. This game will have physicalized rectums before it will have physics-based flight model.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 7, 2020

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
If you want a terrible read, try this concierge thread by a guy going through divorce

Yes it does involve someone imagining a golden pistol whipping

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A loving Idiot posted:

So my wife left me during the Expo last week. She kicked me out of the house that I paid for and had her long term boyfriend move in.

But the good news is she had always kept me from buying more ships and I've been stuck with an Aurora for awhile now but I finally have the makings of a nice fleet and concierge

:negative:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
long term boyfriend :lol:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Well maybe his wife let's him build a cuck shack now

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol: holy gently caress this can’t be real. Like this has got be someone trolling them. The “wife’s boyfriend” meme has been big on Reddit for years now.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's brilliant as well seeing the *beep boop congrats on concierge beep boop* replies that don't even mention the marriage stuff

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

No way this is real.

:laffo:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Pixelate posted:

If you want a terrible read, try this concierge thread by a guy going through divorce

quote:

When I got to concierge it made me realize how much I'd spent on a game not out yet.

I thought OMG! NOT ANOTHER PENNY ON THIS GAME!

It made me stop spending any more money on SC.

So I only rarely buy ships now, obviously you have to have a Mole though, how else are you gonna mine things.

quote:

Agreed. Just had to grab that 890J this year at IAE. I’m done..............well at least until the 400i......

Stop giving them money!!!!! Most of the time. Unless there's a jpg you want. And another one.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Pixelate posted:

That's gotta be satire, right?

quote:

I've even gotten my ex wife's son (son from her long term boyfriend so not mine) some ships with the money that I have to spend on Child support and she was ok with it as long as it wasn't more than 100$ a month.

Right?!?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

That's gotta be satire, right?
Right?!?

yeah that's totally just a shitpost. wife's boyfriend, wife's son etc are all shitpost staples.

i do find it amusing that the star citizen community doesn't bat an eye though

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Yes, I think this is someone doing a bit akin to Sacha Baron Cohen getting people at a right-wing rally to sing along to lyrics about chopping up people "like the Saudis do".

I'd consider it a success since no one questioned him buying ships for a child that is not his own that he was cuckolded into paying child support for. The commandos of r/starcitizen are still singing along.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
Was she even ever really your wife if she didn't sneak into your house to strangle you

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Was she even ever really your wife if she didn't sneak into your house to strangle you

:hmmyes:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Prop Wash posted:

If there’s no flight model then why does it matter if the landing gear is stuck down

Fidelity

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

AMBITIOUS DREAM STATION :eyepop:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

i remember lauhging and saying "4 more years" in 2016, thinking that'd never happen, surely the train will have hit the bridge by then

realtalk tho, 8 more years

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
8 more years of elevator panel development

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Dwesa posted:

8 more years of elevator panel development

We have to keep in mind that those will be 8 years in game too and the next elected stimperor might pass a law that will see all elevator panels redesigned and the poor devs have to start over.

Actually the current elevators sound a bit like the stimpire already.

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009
The sickening truths have been revealed only today that in the last 500 years, all elevator panels in the Fourth Stimpire have had scroll bars.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I wonder if the stimpire guy knows that his stories have brought so much joy to so many people

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Reminder that they've taken so long one of their NPCs is now about to retire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXbNxuUOB1c&t=690s

(And for any passing readers, the NPC is also modelled on a co-founder of the game. Auspicious!)

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MixedBlissfulKid-mobile.mp4

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
The more money CIG appears to take in, the less they seem to be able to accomplish with it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Transformation - a man's romance! Its exactly what SC is lacking! posted:

Honestly, I really want to know...how many backer like me who want CIG add more transformation ships? (like a fulled transformation one)

Kore and Khartu-al are really nice, but the transformation feel useless and would love to see transforming can give certain traits.

I always felt that star citizen lacks the ability to transform. I don't mean they become robot or something (which i would LOVE to see as well)

but most ships lacks the ability to have a transformation. Mole's folding up was really interesting to me. I really want to see more like that.

For example: A captial ship where a S12 gun is hidden inside a transformable hull. When the gun finish charging, the captian can initial a transformation to open the hull to reveal the S12 large rail gun.

(yes like space ship yamato)

Another example would be retractable bridge, I really want to see the bridge retract downward in a combat and have the ability to extend outward when out of combat.

Another example would be luxury ship that can deploy armors around it for origin.

How about spaceship that have vehicle ability? A space ship that turn into a vehicle with wheels. We have that in real world, why can't the future have that?

Of course, i am very welcome any robot transformation as well like the titan suit can become a mini fighter.

What is everyone's opinion on transformable ships?

PS: I think i am posting this in the wrong place. I am sure the mod can remove it or move it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I wish SQ42 was coming out right now, just to see how it compares to Cyberpunk. Both games have been in development about the same time. I'm sure the SQ42 mess hall scene will be well worth the wait.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Scruffpuff posted:

The more money CIG appears to take in, the less they seem to be able to accomplish with it.

There's no way of knowing for sure, better pour more cash into it

It's the only way to know for sure

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Why do you need a fan tribute to a series that is alive and well?

When it actually started/ first appeared on moddb in early 2010s or so ace combat was pretty much dead.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol, Jim Sterling took a swipe at Star Citizen in today's Jimquisition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GrTfZE4X7Y&t=287s

(Start at 4:47)

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Scruffpuff posted:

But I read their output is increasing exponentially! Which is really impressive because they have already achieved more than any other studio ever has!

I haven't gotten around to confirming those claims but people wouldn't just lie about video game development.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I think the field of flowers citizen is getting their action canceled at the end because they're not quiiiite in the right position as far as the server is concerned. Coupled with their difficulties accessing the right controls while standing...it looks to me like both issues are caused by them landing on a slightly angled surface. Almost like the entire mechanic was built and tested in a totally level testing hangar, where it worked fine....

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 7, 2020

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
In a few of days, in a galaxy that's really really close...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJDacja1CD8

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

no_recall posted:

The biggest waste is CR's idea of "physically based everything". He could've used metaphors and other animation-rigged placeholders to open "hidden" UI's and other hidden compartments. These things don't need to be represented in the games "reality". They just need to work.

This is true!

But even with that there's still no point to it. Like was mentioned, going out on your space grassy knoll with your space sniper rifle I guess is cool for a Screenshot, but there's nothing there. You're just walking around a procedural field of high fidelity textures and such.

Meanwhile there is very little to do in the game itself, still a single system, and it's very buggy.

This is that whole "focus" problem but I didn't make $330M off of art so CIG is the pro here.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dwesa posted:

CIG wanted to recreate Millenium Falcon, backers paid for recreated Millenium Falcon. It doesn't matter if it's resource drain, nonsensical, outdated and it won't ever serve stated purpose. All that matters is backers can pretend they're Han Solos (minus everything except physical space of recreated MF that made him Han Solo)

Also :lol: at physicalized everything with ships effortlessly noclipping around with no wings. This game will have physicalized rectums before it will have physics-based flight model.

Yes, one of many issues.

But having your art team make another animation on your ship is pretty simple. But then you gotta get the programmers to put it in and that takes time, and it's probably hacked in code usable only at that singular area.

These things add up, and yes, the flight model continues to be terrible, but hey, now you have a cute fidelity door with guns on it people can open and do nothing with but it looks cool.

Fixing the flight model is hard and long, and ultimately all these little shiny things along the way look better and it looks like progress.

If it's hard, it seems to get ignored. Hopefully all the little things added in will overshadow all the big broken major components.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 7, 2020

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Katsuma posted:

What, are we supposed to be sex-purists or something? Do only the most fidelitous and realistic depictions of anatomy meets our discerning standards as refined connoisseurs of the human form? The dude has a kink and is enjoying expressing himself in it. If it makes him feel pretty, who gives a poo poo if the anime titties bounce realistically? Leave him be.

I'm a sex puritan! Sex should only be missionary with a drape divider! The participants should then be interviewed to ensure no pleasure was derived and a short flagellation should occur just to be sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

colonelwest posted:

:lol: holy gently caress this can’t be real. Like this has got be someone trolling them. The “wife’s boyfriend” meme has been big on Reddit for years now.

peter gabriel posted:

It's brilliant as well seeing the *beep boop congrats on concierge beep boop* replies that don't even mention the marriage stuff

Super depressing.

Guys going to feel real dumb sooner or later.

I guess he got the short end of his long term cuckold situation and the glory hole buddy moved in to pick up all the spaces no amount of bad dragons can fill.

Sucks to be the dude and he's incredibly stupid but I sure hope he enjoys his space ship dlc in his video game for kids that seemed to have helped ruin his life. :stare: