Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

BMan posted:

why isn't stretch exilus?

That's a meaningless comparison since Stretch isn't competing with multiplicative damage mods.

I wish gun modding were anywhere near as customization-driven as warframe modding, rather than being entirely about maximization -- the game would be infinitely better for it. But it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

smallmouth posted:

Crew ships have an effective range of about 2500m. As long as you stay outside 3000m you can run down to artillery before they close the distance and shoot you.

I wasn’t aware of this, but i try to line up shots on two or three crewships whenever i go down to the turret and i think trying to manage range as well would make it too difficult

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm pretty sure the area of effect boosting mods aren't exilus because it technically boosts dps in that you're hitting more enemies

They're incredibly stingy with what goes in exilus. Similarly magazine capacity doesn't go in exilus because you can shoot for longer before reloading (but total ammo capacity can). I'd be more broken up about it except that mod space is so thin with non-primary/secondary weapons that I'm happy to not have to forma things an extra two times. This whopping 16-power Primed Firestorm will pretty much only go in my Kuva weapons for that reason.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That's a meaningless comparison since Stretch isn't competing with multiplicative damage mods.

I wish gun modding were anywhere near as customization-driven as warframe modding, rather than being entirely about maximization -- the game would be infinitely better for it. But it isn't.

Blast radius is literally a multiplicative damage mod. Anything you don't hit directly will take less falloff penalty

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

BMan posted:

Blast radius is literally a multiplicative damage mod. Anything you don't hit directly will take less falloff penalty

That's like saying that -recoil is a multiplicative damage mod. At best, it's pedantry, at worst it's just wrong.

(And -recoil, notably, goes in the exilus slot!)

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That's like saying that -recoil is a multiplicative damage mod. At best, it's pedantry, at worst it's just wrong.

(And -recoil, notably, goes in the exilus slot!)

Recoil doesn't make sense here, because you can adjust for it. Less recoil a quality of life thing. It's a 'DPS mod' insofar as it keeps your DPS from getting worse by missing shots, and I don't think anyone would find that an especially compelling case. If you're missing so many shots that a recoil mod significantly improves your DPS, then you're probably not in the set of people with hyper-optimized loadouts to begin with.

A more apt comparison is punch-through, because it's literally allowing each shot to hit more people. Punch-through mods are already not exilus, so it follows that blast radius shouldn't be either.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

The only punch-through mod that anyone actually uses also comes with fire rate, and is only good on guns that don't get to hit multiple enemies for free. That's not a very convincing case at all.

e: Like I don't think people here actually appreciate how much damage you lose giving up one of your eight slots for what is, functionally, a quality-of-life mod. It guarantees that they'll be useless, just like the base Firestorm already is right now.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 3, 2020

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The only punch-through mod that anyone actually uses also comes with fire rate, and is only good on guns that don't get to hit multiple enemies for free. That's not a very convincing case at all.

e: Like I don't think people here actually appreciate how much damage you lose giving up one of your eight slots for what is, functionally, a quality-of-life mod. It guarantees that they'll be useless, just like the base Firestorm already is right now.

I love Firestorm on my Kuva Tonkor - on most of the content that I use it for, I don't NEED to squeeze that extra little bit of damage out, I'd rather just 'splode an entire room of mooks in one shot. I'm pretty excited to turn my Sporelacer Secondary into even MORE of a roomclearer.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

oh no my Zarr is going to be useless in Steel Path whatever will i do, i'm ruined

haha just kidding literal ship cannon gun goes brrrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrrbrrrr

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm tempted to throw tainted mag on trumna just to see how absurd both the magazine and reload time get.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

They're incredibly stingy with what goes in exilus. Similarly magazine capacity doesn't go in exilus because you can shoot for longer before reloading (but total ammo capacity can). I'd be more broken up about it except that mod space is so thin with non-primary/secondary weapons that I'm happy to not have to forma things an extra two times. This whopping 16-power Primed Firestorm will pretty much only go in my Kuva weapons for that reason.

There's also the problem that it would not fit. I have two 9-forma guns and even they are breaking the bank on mod capacity. You wouldn't be able to fit anything with 16 capacity unless you made a sacrifice with one of your DPS mods.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Bramma will have a 13.8m radius with this mod

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The real question is does primed firestorm stack with amalgam furax body count

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Phobophilia posted:

The real question is does primed firestorm stack with amalgam furax body count

Gonna make the biggest Lenz.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

raverrn posted:

I knew I kept that riven for a reason.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

raverrn posted:

Regrettably Amalgam Furax Body Count does not increase the blast radius of the Lenz (or the Kuva Bramma, for that matter). This is because Warframe is kind of a mess. It also doesn't increase the blast radius of the Sporelacer in either primary or secondary form. As a matter of fact, it does not increase the blast radius of any secondary. Also, despite the mod card reading that "Melee kills knockdown enemies within 15m," melee kills do not in fact knockdown enemies within 15m.

Warframe!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

:siren: :siren: :siren: In case you ignored the past few pages because you already know Primed Firestorm is the best mod there ever will be, Warframe is streaming in approximately 40 minutes (7 pm est) and today's drop is a Braton Vandal BP, which is one of the rare ESO drops :siren: :siren: :siren:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Haha, Baro on switch sucks today.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

smallmouth posted:

Haha, Baro on switch sucks today.

Great...

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

RIP double stacked Fulmination, 12/4 - 12/4

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

*standing on top of a box, gassing wave after wave of enscripted clones with zakti prime*
operator: we fought with honor

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

huge shoutout to Pipski, who not only gave me the tipedo prime handle i needed to satisfy the humorless wierdos of hexis but also a bunch of other stuff besides, including a full set of mirage prime blueprints completely unbidden, no doubt inspired by my pitiful appearance in a scrub mirage.

i had just been lamenting the fact she wasn't in the drop tables anymore and also recently picked up prism guard from nightwave, so I was genuinely kind of touched by it, dumb as it sounds. goons continue to be excellent.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Congrats! Enjoy the loot!

Console people can't reach MR 30 yet, right?

Edit: ah, I'm probably missing more than I think from steel path nodes and intrinsics. darn

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 5, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

hazardousmouse posted:

Console people can't reach MR 30 yet, right?

Edit: ah, I'm probably missing more than I think from steel path nodes and intrinsics. darn

Yeah we can, Nezha prime package tipped us over the edge.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Glassmaker fight was pretty cool, though not quite what I was expecting to be doing immediately after coming back to the game after a couple months away. But now I have another goddamned sword.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I hope eventually we can get a -power strength mod over 30% that's not Overextended. Nova would be happy. Sure, Power Donation + Overextended is fast, but I also like my null star tanking, thanks.

Come to think of it, are there any other important "missing" mods?

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
re: missing mods, I'd really like a hybrid punch through mod for pistols. Rifles have (primed) Shred and shotguns have Seeking Fury but pistols are stuck with only Seeker.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SkyeAuroline posted:

I hope eventually we can get a -power strength mod over 30% that's not Overextended. Nova would be happy. Sure, Power Donation + Overextended is fast, but I also like my null star tanking, thanks.

Primed Vacuum

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Peculiar Human Gun Sounds

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm late to the deimos train but god drat the xaku build requirements are a pain. Thaumica never shows up but I sure have enough bapholite to last me a century. Luckily I already have 10 eidolon breaths, not sure why, must have been bounties or something. The worst tho is the bloody gyromags - looked them up and found I have to be old mate with SU first, when I started I was only just at the start of Cove. Should be there by next week. Why are there daily rep caps DE, just let me mine space rocks all day and sell them if I wanna. Then the debt bonds for the rank up, ugh. Only need the medical ones now. Not to mention the whole kill profit taker part but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it

Probably would have been easier to just farm prime parts and sell them for plat but I kinda wanted a project after coming back from a few months hiatus.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

SkyeAuroline posted:

Null star damage reduction scales off of duration, not power strength. Check your build that you have max duration if your null star isn't making you tanky

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Guilty posted:

Null star damage reduction scales off of duration, not power strength. Check your build that you have max duration if your null star isn't making you tanky

OE boosts range, which makes my stars fly off. Running right around 250% duration. My slowva has 34% range and the stars stick forever, but OE forces longer range so the stars start flying off at the stairs of the Hydron platform from on top of the cryopod.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Put on the augment that constantly regenerates null stars as you kill molecular primed enemies and it's not a concern in the slightest.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

I do run it. Good luck when you get paired up with 3 Brammas/Saryns/anything that kills faster than the glacially slow wave moves. It works with Mirage though, so I just only ever bring her out when my friend is running Mirage and otherwise pretend she doesn't exist.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
What's a good secondary that isn't hitscan and has innate punchthrough? I like to main Mag for most stuff, so anything with punchthrough just does bonkers damage when combined with Magnetize.

The Mara Detron is pretty good, but I usually run with an Exergis in my primary and that's like the Detron's bigger, meaner brother so something different would be decent.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

The key with it is to build hella duration. Mprime's radius is a propogating wave who's timelyness is affected by duration and not range - IE, max duration novas get about 15-18 seconds of duration which is enough to coat the whole level.

Narrow minded is your friend.

I don't even run it the augment ranked most days! (i'm lazy, that setup is 'whatever kind of nova it needs to be, and there's a wrongpolarity if i need slow vs haste')

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

McKilligan posted:

What's a good secondary that isn't hitscan and has innate punchthrough? I like to main Mag for most stuff, so anything with punchthrough just does bonkers damage when combined with Magnetize.

Catchmoon is probably still the gold standard here, even post-nerf.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I looked up punchthrough on the wiki and catchmoon and cyanex alt fire are the only weapons that meet that description

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Catchmoon is probably still the gold standard here, even post-nerf.

Will give that one a shot, I've got a decent catchmoon kitgun already - will also experiment with Euphona Prime, - doesn't have innate punchthrough, but IS a big heavy bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003

SkyeAuroline posted:

I do run it. Good luck when you get paired up with 3 Brammas/Saryns/anything that kills faster than the glacially slow wave moves. It works with Mirage though, so I just only ever bring her out when my friend is running Mirage and otherwise pretend she doesn't exist.

I don't see why tankiness is an issue if everything is dead, also if everything is dead having a bit of a range is a non-issue, also you need 300 duration to reach 90% DR, and DR becomes more and more important the higher the value is.

Last edit: the way null stars work is that each star gives 5% DR for a max of 18 stars. You need 300 to get 18 stars. So if you've got 250 dur, you've got like 14/15 stars, so if you're losing stars you're barely reaching like 60% DR depending how many stars you're losing. If you have 300 duration and annoying range it's probably giving you values of your current max null star

Guilty fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 8, 2020