Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I just got thrown into an 8:00 AM meeting on Thursday morning at work. How do I squirm my way out of this.

Do you have any time off? I got approved for vacation time for that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Just say you're sick, then you get 2 weeks off to play, or at least a few days until you get tested.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’ve managed to stay like 98% in the dark about this game. W3 is one of my favorite games ever, so I feel kind of compelled to just jump into this even if everything I actually have seen so far makes me think I’ll like it less. Hopefully that’s just the voice they’ve decided on for marketing, though.

The actually RPG crunchiness seems like it could be a good step up at least. W3 was a pretty average RPG mechanically imo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

god drat. so you can just sync Gog to your steam account and use it directly for everything. UI is way less cluttered and awful than what steams become lately

How do you do this? I know how to sync Steam to my GOG account, but not the other way around.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I just got thrown into an 8:00 AM meeting on Thursday morning at work. How do I squirm my way out of this.

You should go to your work meeting and then later on when you have some time free play video games.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

They sell 100' CAT-5 cables. :shrug:

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Why not consider a wired setup, even if temporarily, if possible?

My man. I did this when my wife was out of town once and used some tape...she was not thrilled, but it worked and it’s a hilarious store to retell.

This is totally a great idea my bros but since this whole effort is for benefit of the wife, and the wife would be so mad to see a cable snaking through our entire house, seems like a dealbreaker

Also in a couple of months we're moving most of our chilling into a different room, where my desk + pc will also be, so I can just connect directly to the tv from my comp at that point and the shield will be moot

I think this is just a sign from the gods that my wife did something bad enough in a past life to not deserve to see me play CP2077 the day it releases

I'm sure she'll be crushed (every time I bring up this game she just says "oh my god another game?!" and i say "no babe it's still the same game it just hasn't come out yet")

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

40% Downloaded! :woop:

I'm up to Cybe_____ 2077!

Cyberpunk 830.8, surely.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Re: reviews. It seems lots of journos don't have a copy, so we may have a dozen 'review in progress' without scores today from the big sites and that's it.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

black.lion posted:

and the wife would be so mad to see a cable snaking through our entire house, seems like a dealbreaker

Got a window nearby? :v:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I work from home and I already took Friday off.

I do have a ton of extra covid related sick leave so it might be time to bust into that.

Yorkshire Pudding fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 7, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Turin Turambar posted:

Re: reviews. It seems lots of journos don't have a copy, so we may have a dozen 'review in progress' without scores today from the big sites and that's it.

CDPR telling 99% of video game reviewers to eat poo poo seriously makes me love them so much more.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

What happened to penis 1 and 2 in the title? Penis chat forever and always!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I said come in! posted:

How do you do this? I know how to sync Steam to my GOG account, but not the other way around.

oh sorry, I hosed that up. Steam got synced into the gog client, which is way better

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You should go to your work meeting and then later on when you have some time free play video games.

Lmao look at this corpo!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I really like the Galaxy 2.0 client.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

oh sorry, I hosed that up. Steam got synced into the gog client, which is way better

Whoops! It's all good. Yeah I kinda like Galaxy 2.0 better, it's faster.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Mad Wack posted:

if you go look on the game leaks reddit you can find tons of footage now - i think i've seen like 8 hrs of gameplay and i really like what im seeing

e: specifically this leak of three hours of ps5 gameplay is going around, it's before the day one patch obviously don't click it unless you want spoilers on the early game missions https://vod.bitwave.tv/replay/Carlos2077_replay_1607291500404.mp4

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it looks super mediocre to actually play. The AI seems to be really loving dumb too. I'll give this a miss.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it looks super mediocre to actually play. The AI seems to be really loving dumb too. I'll give this a miss.

:allears:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
From CDPR:

It has come to our attention that, because of a mistake on our part, one of the in-game advertisements used in the World of Cyberpunk 2077 lorebook and the under-development version of the game contains a character based on Mr. Izuagbe Ugonoh.

Immediately after learning about this fact, we removed the in-game advertisement from the game, as well as all future reprints of the World of Cyberpunk 2077 lorebook. We also contacted Mr. Ugonoh’s management team so the situation can be fixed. At the same time, it is also important for us to publicly apologize to Mr. Ugonoh himself.

Please accept our apology — although this situation is the result of our mistake, it should not have occurred in the first place.

I had to look up who this was, it said and I quote " Polish-Nigerian mixed martial artist and former professional boxer and kickboxer."

How utterly random is that.

Okay with the Polish connection not so much.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Just curious was there a reason to buy Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG vs Steam? I expect it is the same deal but I haven't been following this very close.

e:typo

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Excited to learn my lore book just became a rare collectors item.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

My office job has had us back in the building since Memorial Day :downs: The icing on the cake is that my psuedo-boss works on the opposite side of the country so when we infrequently interact it is, obviously, over the phone.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LCMuKtpnPE

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

ymgve posted:

I do find the Confirmed Bachelor perk a bit weird since it also increases your damage against men. The mixing of violence and sexual attraction in a single perk is a bit icky.

This isn't particularly out there or new to video games and/or RPG feats / rules that exist. As an example, Fallout has a perk that allows for increased persuasion checks AND damage against the opposite sex.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

syntaxrigger posted:

Just curious was there a reason to buy Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG vs Steam? I expect it is the same deal but I haven't been following this very close.

GoG version comes with some extra goodies, no DRM and all the money goes directly to CDPR rather than Valve taking their complimentary 30%, if that's something you care about.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

syntaxrigger posted:

You got an extra bonus item on GOG if you pre ordered, other than that more money go towards CPR if you buy on GOG than steam.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

black.lion posted:

This is totally a great idea my bros but since this whole effort is for benefit of the wife, and the wife would be so mad to see a cable snaking through our entire house, seems like a dealbreaker

Haha yeah my wife was not thrilled...although I maintain it wasn’t really that horrible. Thankfully it’s no longer an issue after with we moved, but remember you can always disconnect it when you’re done playing stick it in a closest.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

ymgve posted:

I do find the Confirmed Bachelor perk a bit weird since it also increases your damage against men. The mixing of violence and sexual attraction in a single perk is a bit icky.

It’s a Talented Mr Ripley reference I presume.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What games do you play that look better than this?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The Last Call posted:

From CDPR:

It has come to our attention that, because of a mistake on our part, one of the in-game advertisements used in the World of Cyberpunk 2077 lorebook and the under-development version of the game contains a character based on Mr. Izuagbe Ugonoh.

Immediately after learning about this fact, we removed the in-game advertisement from the game, as well as all future reprints of the World of Cyberpunk 2077 lorebook. We also contacted Mr. Ugonoh’s management team so the situation can be fixed. At the same time, it is also important for us to publicly apologize to Mr. Ugonoh himself.

Please accept our apology — although this situation is the result of our mistake, it should not have occurred in the first place.

I had to look up who this was, it said and I quote " Polish-Nigerian mixed martial artist and former professional boxer and kickboxer."

How utterly random is that.

Okay with the Polish connection not so much.

I assume someone just google image searched "boxer pics" and took a random one as a placeholder and it never got replaced, then ended up in the lorebook and game. Like that thing where an Assassin's Creed concept art picture ended up on the wall in the Uncharted 4 trailer

Anasurimbur posted:

This isn't particularly out there or new to video games and/or RPG feats / rules that exist. As an example, Fallout has a perk that allows for increased persuasion checks AND damage against the opposite sex.

That's a bit different though, since it doesn't imply any attraction on your part, just that you're good at convincing them.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Ah the classic I haven't played this, it's poo poo gamer. Truly a bastion of insight.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bust Rodd posted:

Reading comprehension my guy.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

what he said works too for "looking better to play"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Food poisoning is a classic excuse. Nobody wants details about the puke/shits combo.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Last Call posted:

You got an extra bonus item on GOG if you pre ordered, other than that more money go towards CPR if you buy on GOG than steam.

for the record, it's just a digital comic

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Just ignore user and move along.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

GreenBuckanneer posted:

for the record, it's just a digital comic

Yeah it's not a big deal. It's mostly if you want to support CDPR more or not that makes people go with GOG.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Ok let us all know

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

if you go look on the game leaks reddit you can find tons of footage now - i think i've seen like 8 hrs of gameplay and i really like what im seeing

e: specifically this leak of three hours of ps5 gameplay is going around, it's before the day one patch obviously don't click it unless you want spoilers on the early game missions https://vod.bitwave.tv/replay/Carlos2077_replay_1607291500404.mp4

ooh, something to watch while I wait to pre-load

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what he said works too for "looking better to play"

Olympic Mathlete posted: