Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Zaphod42 posted:

There's hookers on every street corner you can hire, I think its just that pocket pussies are too vastly inferior.

But why the dildos then? I assume gigolos then are equally plentiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progject
Apr 23, 2006

From skimming reviews - sounds like gunplay is pretty good after all and only the bugginess is the real negative.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

pmchem posted:

Anyone cancelling a pre-order based on the reviews saying it's a bugfest?

I haven't ordered yet and I'm wavering. May be able to get it on sale by the time some good patches have come in.

do not pre-order games

itry
Aug 23, 2019

ZeeBoi posted:

I have a feeling a lot of people won’t finish this game

A lot of people don't even launch their games on Steam.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The bad reviews I have actually read seem to be bitching about things that make me think they don't even get what the game is trying for in the first place.

If your complaints mostly remind me of other baller games it's not really deterred me from wanting the game. Like not even mad, in a sense that means you wrote your review right.

Bugs are a 100% legit complaint but they're also sadly endemic in these kinds of games.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I mean, no-one thinks that a film that’s given a 5 star review is perfect, so I don’t see the issue with this.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

ymgve posted:

But why the dildos then? I assume gigolos then are equally plentiful.

sometimes you're horny but dont want to gently caress. sometimes you just need to gently caress yourself

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CottonWolf posted:

I mean, no-one thinks that a film that’s given a 5 star review is perfect, so I don’t see the issue with this.

Sure, but theres a reason they say 5 stars instead of 100/100 stars.

vvv 10.0/10

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oh, I thought that was out of 10, not 100.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
im replaying new vegas right now so i dont care about yank, the entire game is broken or just the console version?
if the pc version is a mess then what the gently caress was all that "guys the game is finished we promise" stuff from cdpr?

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

I still can't decide whether to go corpo or street kid :(

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Zeta Acosta posted:

im replaying new vegas right now so i dont care about yank, the entire game is broken or just the console version?
if the pc version is a mess then what the gently caress was all that "guys the game is finished we promise" stuff from cdpr?

That's called marketing.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

quote:

There's so much to do that isn't meaningful, so a lot of it ends up feeling superfluous
I don't get this review quote. Since this is a roleplaying game, isn't any side activity, no matter how unrelated, so long it's in the context of the setting, welcome?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Oh, I thought that was out of 10, not 100.

the site did rate it 10/10, metacritic just rescales everything onto a 100 point scale

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

pmchem posted:

Anyone cancelling a pre-order based on the reviews saying it's a bugfest?

I haven't ordered yet and I'm wavering. May be able to get it on sale by the time some good patches have come in.

Wait. Honest to god just wait. Reviewer are straight up telling you to wait (For example, from PC Gamer )

quote:

Glitch in the matrix​
Too bad almost every serious dramatic beat was undercut by some kind of bug, ranging from a UI crowded by notifications and crosshairs failing to disappear, to full-on scripting errors halting otherwise rad action scenes. What should've been my favorite main quest venture, a thrilling infiltration mission set in a crowded public event, was ruined by two broken elevators. I had to reload a few times to get them working.

The most absurd bug might've been when some children spawned in front of a timed shooting contest I entered with a friendly nomad. I couldn't shoot anywhere near the children because my weapon automatically raised, so I just sat there and let the timer run out as my buddy talked poo poo.

More often the bugs are audiovisual tics, like the sound of a car loudly peeling out wailing on during a long drive as passenger with an NPC, a character passing through solid elevator doors, or a copy of Johnny's cigarette hanging in the air in front of me while he smokes another and goes on about what a coward I am. They're the kind of thing I can squint through here and there, but there wasn't a single quest in which something wacky didn't happen.

Even the final scene in the closing moments of my ending featured cars spawning in the direct path of an NPC-driven vehicle. A nice, poignant drive and conversation seasoned with a head-on collision visible only to me. Even after installing the Day 0 patch, Night City still feels like it's barely holding together at times. The good news is that all this stuff can be fixed, but it also means the ideal Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed again, in spirit.

Fallout: New Vegas was a mess at launch too, and smoothed out over time. Red Dead Redemption 2 was plagued by unforeseen issues with certain GPU and CPU combinations at the start. All good now. Bugs are a guarantee in games this big, but after 8 years in development and multiple delays, I hoped Cyberpunk 2077 would go down much smoother than this.

Like just pretend the release date is like a month or two from now and people are just playing Early Access version (cause they are).

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Combat Pretzel posted:

I don't get this review quote. Since this is a roleplaying game, isn't any side activity, no matter how unrelated, so long it's in the context of the setting, welcome?

Absolutely not. If the stuff is just meaningless busywork, even if it’s in the context of the setting that’s bad. RPGs still can, and often do, waste your time.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

performance isn't great (might be bad) apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjzCu1rpvew&t=2076s

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Sure, but theres a reason they say 5 stars instead of 100/100 stars.

vvv 10.0/10

Well, I got a 100 on a paper I wrote in middle school once, so I'm the greatest writer who has ever lived.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

I read another review that said the sidequesting was so good it might be better than the main quest lmao

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sean10mm posted:

The bad reviews I have actually read seem to be bitching about things that make me think they don't even get what the game is trying for in the first place.

If your complaints mostly remind me of other baller games it's not really deterred me from wanting the game. Like not even mad, in a sense that means you wrote your review right.

Bugs are a 100% legit complaint but they're also sadly endemic in these kinds of games.

Yeah, agreed. You also have to keep in mind that this is a big long massive RPG and reviewers had to try to marathon it in like 2 days, which doesn't really help with the experience or pacing.

(course, this is true of reviews of other massive open world games like Red Dead 2 also)

Combat Pretzel posted:

That's how I feel too but different strokes for different folks.

I do totally 100% understand the criticism that the main quest story conflicts with the desire to do random odd-jobs though. I hated that in Fallout 4. But its also something I can get over pretty easy.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Macho Man Randy Savage flying car mod when

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Qmass posted:

performance isn't great (might be bad) apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjzCu1rpvew&t=2076s

Performance issues with RTX 3080 :aaa:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

will this game be moddable? was W3 on PC?

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Ash1138 posted:

do not pre-order games

how else will we respect the developers with their art by purchasing it before it is released, guaranteeing a polished product?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

So in summary: Game good, there are bugs

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Real talk, people who complain that a game dipping below 60 FPS into the 50s is "unplayable at those settings" should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Tim Whatley posted:

I need to hear a Macho Man soundalike yelling "CHOOOMBAS!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zikan posted:

Performance issues with RTX 3080 :aaa:

8700k is pretty bad but pushing 1440p and barely getting over a stable 60 seems hilariously bad (and that's without RTX)

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Real talk, people who complain that a game dipping below 60 FPS into the 50s is "unplayable at those settings" should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

It is, though.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

sean10mm posted:

Yeah I’ve seen someone talk about how it took 45 seconds of mag dumping a pistol into some chicks face to kill her, and then it turned out she was some kind of mini boss that was level 6 and he was level 3 at the time and it’s like, this isn’t just some straight up FPS or something

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/alex_moukala/status/1336011050869723137?s=20

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wonder how effective the day one patch will be or if we will see a constant flow of patches for a while

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

benchmarks here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

edit: yikes it's a hog

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Maybe it's cause I've played a lot of janky games, but this is why I always take "it's super buggy!" with a grain of salt. People's tolerance levels can vary widely in what they consider a bug.

I attribute this to the hundreds of hours I've spent playing Mount & Blade games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Wonder how effective the day one patch will be or if we will see a constant flow of patches for a while

Fingers crossed its a meaningful patch that fixes a lot of issues. Like Witcher 3, I am expecting lots of patches and quality of life improvements.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

:emptyquote:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

ZeeBoi posted:

I might be wrong but there may be two patches, a day one patch and another. CDPR kinda alluded there to being a second one that helps with a lot of the issues but its not out yet. But hey if I'm completely wrong someone feel free to point it out.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
i just want to talk around night city and see some NPCs in t-pose :ohdear:

sean10mm posted:

me, a vidya james journalist: this game is a better, futuristic version of our 100/100 rated RDR2, but some visual bugs are much worse than whatever was going on with RDR2 at launch so 7/10 :ironicat:

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

8700k is pretty bad but pushing 1440p and barely getting over a stable 60 seems hilariously bad (and that's without RTX)

It is, though.

Pretty much the opposite of what Gamestar said. 1440p DLSS with maxed out settings and RT was a roughly stable 60.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Fingers crossed its a meaningful patch that fixes a lot of issues. Like Witcher 3, I am expecting lots of patches and quality of life improvements.

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Category:The_Witcher_3_patches

I guess it’s a way to get an idea how many they made need, time to get them out and what they fix on the front end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Starks posted:

Lol dildos! This is a joke that will surely stay funny for all 100 hours of gameplay

Beating people up with Enormous Dildos was loving hilarious every single second I played Saints Row

sooooooooooooooooooooooo