Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Kennel posted:

Not available in Europe(?)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-doctor-s-license-revoked-over-refusal-wear-mask-during-n1250092

Does this link work better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

danke schön

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

davidspackage posted:

I always felt like "where were you when I made the world" was kind of bullshit, Job should've said "gently caress you, that's where I was!"

I would very much enjoy a version of Job where God and Job progressively get more and more drunk and devolve into just shouting profanities at each other

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

christmas boots posted:

I would very much enjoy a version of Job where God and Job progressively get more and more drunk and devolve into just shouting profanities at each other

Job is better than that.

God? Well, do you know when the wild goats of the mountains give birth?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Matthew 6:5 is literally the only verse you should discuss in public just to gently caress with Christians.

Amos 5:18

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Son of Rodney posted:

Whatever gets you through your day but leave me alone with your interpretation of reality imo.

the gently caress are you planning to do with my interpretation of reality that you need to be left alone with it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

A fave

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Amos 5:21-24 are also in a similar vein to Matthew 6:5. Good stuff, wonder why churchers never quote them?

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Amos 5:21-24 are also in a similar vein to Matthew 6:5. Good stuff, wonder why churchers never quote them?

"Amos lived in a time of prosperity and growth, due to God's goodness and grace. He warned the arrogant citizens in the northern kingdom, of God's impending judgement. However, instead of repenting and doing the works of God, by caring for widows and orphans and following the righteous Law given by Moses, they continued to abuse the poor; indulge in extravagant lifestyles; worship other gods; engage in immorality and unjust slavery; economic exploitation; legal injustices and self-gratification."

Source: https://dailyverse.knowing-jesus.com/amos-5-21

If you take this as true, I think you could make this argument, although I doubt Capitalist Christians would connect the dots.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Ezekiel 23:20

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hey what's you favourite Bible verse?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I feel like we all know the early Christians were basically a communist cult, but are there any books that have been written on the subject? It sound fascinating

also this is a pretty lol derail for even the most derailed thread on these here forums, I'm proud of you all for not giving up the crown to the post-election Trump thread

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

indigi posted:

that’s not what happened in the story, it was their neighbors they were going to let gently caress their daughters to protect their guests

https://youtu.be/bar3GOzDNzg that lines up with how I was taught it.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I feel like we all know the early Christians were basically a communist cult, but are there any books that have been written on the subject? It sound fascinating

Yeah it is called the bible

meefistopheles
Nov 11, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

I just finished reading a conversation between Castro and Frei Betto, a Brazilian liberation theologist, that was published as a book. It touches on this at a few points, but not in any great depth. It's more about whether marxism and christianity are compatible. Good book though, if that sounds interesting to you.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:siren: :siren: :siren: RUDY HAS THE 'RONA :siren: :siren: :siren:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mr Interweb posted:

Source?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1335679426516881409?s=20

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

ezekiel 23:19-21

Agents are GO! has issued a correction as of 21:53 on Dec 6, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ReapersTouch posted:

"Amos lived in a time of prosperity and growth, due to God's goodness and grace. He warned the arrogant citizens in the northern kingdom, of God's impending judgement. However, instead of repenting and doing the works of God, by caring for widows and orphans and following the righteous Law given by Moses, they continued to abuse the poor; indulge in extravagant lifestyles; worship other gods; engage in immorality and unjust slavery; economic exploitation; legal injustices and self-gratification."

Source: https://dailyverse.knowing-jesus.com/amos-5-21

If you take this as true, I think you could make this argument, although I doubt Capitalist Christians would connect the dots.

I'm not disagreeing here.

Platystemon posted:

It me.

Platystemon posted:

It meeeeee.

Seriouspost: The Bibble isn't a bad book but it's bad and also people who like to quote it never quote the sensible bits that make them look like rear end gently caress hell shits.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I invent a time machine I'm going to go back and shoot all the shitheads taking the cross in the Albigensian crusade in the head and kill them.

This isn't bad as they are already dead.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

In any normal year I'd gloat but knowing 2020 it'll probably just make him stronger

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

What no lmaooooooo?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So that press conference with the melting hair dye was about two weeks ago, right? Who else is going to get it?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Interweb posted:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Should've donated to the DNC. That money goes straight to Trump.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1335695182331711488?s=20

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

hhahhahahhaha

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

wondering why giving half his life savings to diremld turmbb would have been better

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

donating all my money to a guy who claims to be a billionaire who famously never pays contractors or taxes, which i approve of because it's smart

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1336046820796100617

NBC News posted:

Thrasher said his friend was exposed to the virus at a social gathering “with a couple of guys” that was hosted outside about two weeks ago.

Thrasher said he was unsure how many people attended, but he said he knew of two other men who attended the meetup and tested positive.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cocaine Bear posted:

Hey what's you favourite Bible verse?

Definitely the one where someone quotes the chapter and verse but not the text, expecting everyone to go look it up.

Jokes on them, I don't give a poo poo.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Definitely the one where someone quotes the chapter and verse but not the text, expecting everyone to go look it up.

turn on bible verse auto-embed in the app

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Subjunctive posted:

turn on bible verse auto-embed in the app

absolutely not

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
To overcome the spider's curse, simply quote a Bible verse

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Just before Jesus died, he held up his hand and said, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just say it: "I dont even own a bible :smugbert:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

WHY BONER NOW posted:

have you ever sat down and read this thing? technically we're not allowed to go to the bathroom