Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What are you guys gonna snack on while marathoning this game

Gonna make myself some crêpes as a treat, that way I'll still be happy about my weekend if the game turns out to be unplayable on my 970 (it will).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I just checked a handful of threads and they all at least have some 2-4, but it is skewed toward 1s and 5s.

I'll go ahead and vote a 3 for you. Im RatingsPunk

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Deadreak posted:

Maybe I am mistaken? I saw some screenshots of people downloading some 41GB patch (it is not day one patch), maybe it is console only, not sure.

Pretty sure that's just the console disc version patch, which also is not the full Day 1 patch.

I said come in! posted:

If you are on GOG, you can actually start up Cyberpunk right now, but it tells you to come back on December 10th.

Yeah, but it's just a .NET executable that shows a picture, so no chance of tricking the system or anything.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 8, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you are on GOG, you can actually start up Cyberpunk right now, but it tells you to come back on December 10th.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Eraflure posted:

Gonna make myself some crêpes as a treat, that way I'll still be happy about my weekend if the game turns out to be unplayable on my 970 (it will).

Ooo crepes sound loving good. I just watched a show where they made sweet potato crepes

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Voted 2

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look we should all focus on the important things… Finding and confirming ways to unlock the game early... and not actually having it succeed in the end.

Not that I’m endorsing it, I’m wondering if somebody got the exe from a press build and dropped in the GoG version if it would work, since I thought that GoG is everything except the EXE?

Oh the ways I try and kill time.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

so far of all the reviews i've seen the only thing that is concerning me a bit is that the main story is 15-20 hrs long for some of them, the rest didn't name a time - i guess w3 was overlong but i sort of expected a longer main plot

this is the reviewers rushing through the main quest

other reviewers that went more in depth mention that spending a bunch of additional time on side quests completely changed the outcomes they are presented with at the end of the game

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm gonna be a trans lady with a huge dick

Haven't decided if I'm gonna get this game yet though. :haw:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So on a scale of 1-10, how cyberpunk is it to use a vpn to buy this game off gog for cheap

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So on a scale of 1-10, how cyberpunk is it to use a vpn to buy this game off gog for cheap

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wow how are you posting from inside the game??

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Look we should all focus on the important things… Finding and confirming ways to unlock the game early... and not actually having it succeed in the end.

Not that I’m endorsing it, I’m wondering if somebody got the exe from a press build and dropped in the GoG version if it would work, since I thought that GoG is everything except the EXE?

Do what I'm doing, play the ever loving hell out of Hades.

It's fantastic. It can easily tide you over for the next two days.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What are you guys gonna snack on while marathoning this game

homemade soup and bread because I got a instant pot and a Kitchen aid stand mixer for Christmas (I opened those big gifts early)

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

my steam icon is yellow now

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Last Call posted:

Do what I'm doing, play the ever loving hell out of Hades.

It's fantastic. It can easily tide you over for the next two days.

Honestly I was thinking about dicking around with human revolution and the division two, mostly to see how I can optimize Geoforce on my TV via an HDMI cable, along with having it wired.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

rap music posted:

after launch the thread will probably turn into an echo chamber of being angry at the videogame because everyone else will be playing it

Thus is the fate of every good game's thread - after launch the only people left are the ones that are mad at the game or the ones having performance issues

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hmm I'm only like a cyberpunk 6 so I guess I'll just keep my physical amazon preorder instead of buying Mexican Cyberpunk 2077 for 30 bucks

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

black.lion posted:

Thus is the fate of every good game's thread - after launch the only people left are the ones that are mad at the game or the ones having performance issues

At least we can all come together and make fun of stadia.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hmm I'm only like a cyberpunk 6 so I guess I'll just keep my physical amazon preorder instead of buying Mexican Cyberpunk 2077 for 30 bucks

walmart had it for like $30 for a few days by mistake but they seem to be allowing people to keep the order price.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I just need someone to tell me the fastest way to unlocking the laser whip from johnny mnemonic. I will not launch the game until I know how to beeline for it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

"With an RTX 2080, i9-9900K, and installed on a SATA SSD, with DLSS enabled on Quality mode on the High graphics preset (no ray-tracing), I maintain a variable 60-80 fps at 2560x1440, dipping lowest when driving through particularly reflection-heavy parts of town. With DLSS off, the frame window drops to 40-50 fps. Ray-tracing options are particularly resource intensive, so I just kept them off. The framerate hit wasn't worth the fancy lighting, nice as it looks on a rainy day or in a neon-lit club especially. Someday. Either way, a newer card will go a long way in Cyberpunk 2077, though players still hanging in at 1080p should do fine with older hardware. "

Maybe reviewers have that weird DRM but this sounds in line with what Tom's Hardware said. I can't imagine player copies are going to change this drastically.

Also, PC gamer (the source quote) had the "day 0" patch which is apparently the same as the "day 1" patch we're all going to get, so I guess we'll see wednesday if Tom's Hardware is right.

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Thread bad, let me play the unpatched janky game please

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

this thread needs a day 1 patch real bad

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 

ymgve posted:

Pretty sure that's just the console disc version patch, which also is not the full Day 1 patch.

Ah gotcha, dope! Thanks, all set then. Back to reading about politics in video games.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

rap music posted:

I want the game to be released just so it can go back to being normal!!!

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

rap music posted:

welcome to your cyberpunk future

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
alright you chuds you're gonna make me say it

im gonna play the video game on the 9th >: ]

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

rap music posted:

this is the reviewers rushing through the main quest

other reviewers that went more in depth mention that spending a bunch of additional time on side quests completely changed the outcomes they are presented with at the end of the game

Yeah I think IGN said side quests unlock a bunch more possible endings vs just rushing to the ending, so the distinction between main quest and side quest is a little fuzzy actually.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

rap music posted:

same

:piss:

Woden
May 6, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How Horny is this game on a scale of 1 to 69

69 if you're into women, 1 if you're into men.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

MazelTovCocktail posted:

This is the exact scenario they prevented by adding Denuvo to the press builds of the game. Can't run the exe when it's not on the correct machine.

Woden posted:

69 if you're into women, 1 if you're into men.

6969 if you're into molded plastic

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

gently caress SNEEP posted:

this thread needs a day 1 patch real bad

Posting this definitely helped. Thank you so much for your service. Make sure to keep posting about posting, it's definitely not worse than whatever posts you're unhappy with.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Simone Magus posted:

Posting this definitely helped. Thank you so much for your service. Make sure to keep posting about posting, it's definitely not worse than whatever posts you're unhappy with.

Complaining about metaposting is just another layer of metaposting

Makes you think

Oh poo poo

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Thank you for the quote, I just got a skill point to put in to cool :cool:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

chill. set a good example and don't post this kind of negativity

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

sean10mm posted:

Complaining about metaposting is just another layer of metaposting

Makes you think

Oh poo poo

OH poo poo IMMA DOG PILE THIS

POSTING ABOUT META POSTING ABOUT POSTING ON A META POST IS...

... lost my train of thought.

Are there any vids on weapon customization yet? I'm starting to lean pretty heavily towards the one pistol idea

Edit: Pistol makes and mods specifically

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 8, 2020

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Simone Magus posted:

you are the worst poster in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

ymgve posted:

Yeah, but it's just a .NET executable that shows a picture, so no chance of tricking the system or anything.

Can the EXE be thrown into dnspy? I'm curious what they called their silly easter egg class-wise.