Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Like its really gripped me and its intriguing as hell but I just have absolutely no loving clue what the hell is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Like its really gripped me and its intriguing as hell but I just have absolutely no loving clue what the hell is going on

thats exactly the feeling kojima wants, he's said that his main focus was to make players not know or understand what the gently caress is going on

its a sloooooooow burn. Live it up. Build roads and throw likes on everything, take time to read the emails in your room when you want a breather, and marvel at how good the acting is for a video game. I played it for 180 hours and still need to go back for like half the missing poo poo but I also edged myself at the end completing everything for all the porters. I had a blast.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

seriously just keep delivering packages

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

A Hideo Kojima Production...

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

seriously just keep delivering packages

Keep on truckin!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Death Stranding absolutely owns.

Closest thing to a tip I’d give is that there’s not a huge reason to do generic delivery missions rather than proper story quests for some time into the game, cause significant items and events are behind story missions.

Like!

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

mlmp08 posted:

Death Stranding absolutely owns.

Closest thing to a tip I’d give is that there’s not a huge reason to do generic delivery missions rather than proper story quests for some time.

Like!

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
For weeks after I finished my play-through (gonna get every star over break), every time I saw a dog while driving my car I may have said “Like!” aloud.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Woofer posted:

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dead serious I would use two fingers to hammer on the like button so I could give out like 1000 likes in the timer it gives you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the reason for likes is seriously the most kojima thing and its so dumb that it makes me love it a billion times more

never not shout hey to your delivery bros

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So I'm reading the new cyberpunk 2077 thread and

quote:

6 skin types. 35 hairstyles. 17 eyes. 8 eyebrows. 17 mouths. 17 jaws. 17 ears. 9 cyberware. 10 scars. 7 facial tattoos. 12 piercing. 5 sets of teeth. 8 eye makeup. 6 lip makeup. 3 blemish types. 3 nipple types. 3 breast sizes. 5 body tattoos. 2 body scars. 2 penis types (or none). 3 penis sizes. 1 vagina type (or none). 5 pubic hair types. 3 buttock sizes.

:psyduck:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

ded posted:

I watched a guy role Lady V w/ penis 2. This week is going to be a lot of fun.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ded posted:

Lol

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1281594925612703744?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So they want the Saudi cut?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Woahhhh, I think they might have just been talking about an innie and an outie.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Actually it's the internet so maybe they wanted a sideways.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVEZSJt3dLo

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 6, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I see that you, too, tried to get a jump on things.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Crossposting from TFR’s games thread in case this is relevant to anybody. Here’s an article from a vet that suffers seizures now because of an injury she got on active duty talking about the grand mal seizure and some other close calls that Cyberpunk 2077 triggered.

Capn Beeb posted:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12/07/cyberpunk-2077-epileptic-psa

The brain dance mechanic uses very similar stimuli used by neurologists to trigger seizures.

Someone is going to loving die playing this game.

quote:

When "suiting up" for a BD, especially with Judy, V will be given a headset that is meant to onset the instance. The headset fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes. If not modeled off of the IRL design, it's a very spot-on coincidence, and because of that this is one aspect that I would personally advise you to avoid altogether. When you notice the headset come into play, look away completely or close your eyes. This is a pattern of lights designed to trigger an epileptic episode and it very much did that in my own personal playthrough.

What the hell were they thinking?? This isn’t just a whoopsie the strobe effect could trigger things, they actually built and implemented a simulation of an intentional seizure trigger.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Cool. My best friend, who enjoys watching me play video games, has epilepsy. Guess she doesn’t get to participate.

Thanks CDPR.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
That is unbelievably stupid, what the fuuuuck :psyduck:

On the other hand I'm hella excited to finally play this

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's loving stupid poo poo to do, but it's CDPR, they'll fix it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1336327028312707086?s=20

Gamers are garbage

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Internet Wizard posted:

Crossposting from TFR’s games thread in case this is relevant to anybody. Here’s an article from a vet that suffers seizures now because of an injury she got on active duty talking about the grand mal seizure and some other close calls that Cyberpunk 2077 triggered.

What the hell were they thinking?? This isn’t just a whoopsie the strobe effect could trigger things, they actually built and implemented a simulation of an intentional seizure trigger.

https://twitter.com/botherer/status/1336301370735996930?s=19

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
"CDPR cultivated this fanbase"

Is that based on anything or just some random accusation?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

"CDPR cultivated this fanbase"

Is that based on anything or just some random accusation?

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1334909357939683330?s=20

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Oh that's gross, I'm glad I don't follow game marketing hype train bs. The seizure thing is a whole other level of shittiness.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Everyone who sent it should be charged with assault.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Oh that's gross, I'm glad I don't follow game marketing hype train bs. The seizure thing is a whole other level of shittiness.

The eula does state an epilepsy warning twice

quote:

3.2 Seizure Warning. Cyberpunk 2077 may contain flashing lights and images, which may induce epileptic seizures. If you or anyone in your household has an epileptic condition, please consult your doctor before playing Cyberpunk 2077. If you experience dizziness, altered vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of awareness, disorientation, any involuntary movement, or convulsions while playing, immediately discontinue use and consult your doctor.

‘Nother warning here, an’ it’s an important one, too! If you or someone you live with suffers from an epileptic condition, talk to your doctor before jackin’ into Cyberpunk 2077.

Did they have to design it to be so severe or was this part of some of the lore/content?

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

E: Intentionally sending an epileptic seizure inducing material and trying to mask it is incredibly lovely. Although, completely par for 2020.

TCD fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 9, 2020

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They just said they are throwing a warning in the game, and working on a permanent solution.

Edit: well, apparently they said that 7 hours ago.

not caring here fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 9, 2020

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

Everyone who sent it should be charged with assault.

Not really how that works.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TCD posted:

The eula does state an epilepsy warning twice

Did they have to design it to be so severe or was this part of some of the lore/content?

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Probably most likely they followed the "rule of cool" and sourced a cool flashing pattern for the brain dance sequence. The problem is the pattern they sourced it from is literally the device used to trigger epileptic seizures in sensitive individuals. They could source a different sequence and replace it but yeah it's going to be hard for them to undo this fuckup, and their fanbase who did that should get in some sort of poo poo over it, but that's separate from anything CDPR is responsible for, as they did not encourage dumbass fans to do that to a reviewer. The reviewer could pursue civil charges versus the individuals who did it though for sure.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 9, 2020

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

The problem is the pattern they sourced it from is literally the device used to trigger epileptic seizures in sensitive individuals.

Is there a source for that?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Not really how that works.

You're right, we do not live in a just world.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

Is there a source for that?

Literally the reviewer saying

the reviewer posted:

When "suiting up" for a BD, especially with Judy, V will be given a headset that is meant to onset the instance. The headset fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes. If not modeled off of the IRL design, it's a very spot-on coincidence, and because of that this is one aspect that I would personally advise you to avoid altogether. When you notice the headset come into play, look away completely or close your eyes. This is a pattern of lights designed to trigger an epileptic episode and it very much did that in my own personal playthrough.

Basically, if they didn't intentionally recreate the pattern, it is quite unlikely coincidence. They probably didn't intentionally google "Epilepsy machine pattern" and probably googled "cool flashing lights pattern" instead and found that.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I was asking if there was a source for the statement that "the pattern they sourced it from is literally the device used to trigger epileptic seizures in sensitive individuals."

That would be pretty wild if they sourced it literally from the device used to trigger epileptic seizures. Not impossible, but somehow more effort than just throwing in some flashes. It was an early cut of the game, so it may have changed, but when I saw a video including that scene, it looked a lot like camera flashes that rapidly flash then flash big to reduce redeye. Of course, red eye reduction flashes are also known to trigger seizures in sensitive people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

I was asking if there was a source for the statement that "the pattern they sourced it from is literally the device used to trigger epileptic seizures in sensitive individuals."

It sounds like firsthand knowledge from the interviewer.