Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The day-one patch for Cyberpunk 2077 is 43 GB. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Khanstant posted:

This is the same voice as in The Matrix, right?

I kind of love that Keanu Reeves exists in the Cyberpunk universe independently of Johnny Silverhand.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

no that's the day 0 patch

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Propaganda Hour posted:

if fairness, it's only that large because it will likely solve every reported problem with the game, including the addition of good gameplay and insightful commentary

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Propaganda Hour posted:

They had to patch in actual trans characters because they forgot to put any in the first build

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Each gig represents a dev’s broken marriage

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Can confirm PBR Coffee is good, as is their PBR light. The pizza place at the end of my street sold a PBR 16oz, whisky shot and a slice for $10. I miss it

PBR Easy, not PBR light

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bovis posted:

How are you doing?

Doing alright, trying to make a Christmas gift for a friend, also picked up some cheap paints and brushes to try to make miniature terrain with. I've got ideas and I can't wait to see how shite they look in execution lol

Simone Magus posted:

Mondays are my one day off so I'm feeling pretty chill :)

Days off are good, you die if you work, but work is a necessary evil unfortunately

wuggles posted:

I usually spend Sunday mornings working over Zoom with my friend. This week she flew to Germany for the month (she is spending two weeks in voluntary quarantine) so we did it this morning instead (evening for her). So to me it is... literally Sunday Part II.

Sunday 2: Sunweek

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Simone Magus posted:

They had to patch in actual trans characters because they forgot to put any in the first build
Nah they already put them in the game to poo poo on them

Kotaku posted:

I have encountered at least one other trans character: at one point I happened upon a dressing room conversation between a woman who identified herself as cis and a character who had a traditionally male appearance but a feminine voice, who bemoaned theatrically, “I’m a woman; that demands sacrifice.” Her companion replied, “See, I’ve always been a woman,” angering the trans character. “Oh, so this is what loving sororal solidarity looks like now?” she snapped. Her companion replied, “Welcome to real life, sister.” As a trans person, this was a complicated, weird moment to overhear. The conversation comes after a key story scene, in an area you have to pass through to continue the quest; you could easily walk by it, but it’s hard to miss. I’m not sure why the developers seemed to want me to see it. On the one hand, I’ve heard versions of this conversation play out between cis and trans women in my real life, and had versions of it myself as a trans man with cis men. On the other hand, I could easily see the trans character’s appearance and voice being played for laughs. Of course, there was no option to rush up to the trans woman and say “I’m trans, too!” Both characters fell silent and didn’t have any more dialogue.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The more I think about that Cyberpunk "you may only use our b-roll/trailer footage, not your own" embargo restriction, the more I'm impressed at the sheer loving brazenness of it.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
check out the thread if you want to see some unfiltered consumer hype, pretty heavy even for this forum.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

check out the thread if you want to see some unfiltered consumer hype, pretty heavy even for this forum.

I was called the "worst poster in the thread" and, you know, I think that's actually a compliment

May 8, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

I was called the "worst poster in the thread" and, you know, I think that's actually a compliment

as someone often called the worst poster in this thread i tend to agree

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Related, I legitimately think there should be a zero tolerance policy for any kind of short "man this thread sucks!!!" type posts. That's not even white noise, that's brown noise

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

Each gig represents a dev’s broken marriage

Hey now.

That gig was Rodney Dangerfield's.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
The 13 Sentinels prologues really tease out a lot of different threads. Then I browsed the events menu and there are so many to uncover

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

The 13 Sentinels prologues really tease out a lot of different threads. Then I browsed the events menu and there are so many to uncover

Oh boy are you in for a good time.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

fridge corn posted:

There are no worst parts of Bloodborne

Chalice Dungeons

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm 13 hours into the game and I'm still not entirely sure what it's about

It loving rules

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Related, I legitimately think there should be a zero tolerance policy for any kind of short "man this thread sucks!!!" type posts. That's not even white noise, that's brown noise
for sure, you should only complain about threads if youre in another thread. heres an example: the vtuber thread in adtrw sucks rear end

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm 13 hours into the game and I'm still not entirely sure what it's about

It loving rules

*all my favorite scifi plots show up to my birthday party*

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Hope Cybperpunk isn't awful but it sounds like a mess. I wasn't planning on picking it up for some time anyway, but seems CDP has made that decision even easier. Also some of the clips totally look like typical CDPR jank but now with a million dollar chrome paint job.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

for sure, you should only complain about threads if youre in another thread. heres an example: the vtuber thread in adtrw sucks rear end

It's not about complaining, it's about those kind of posts serving literally no purpose and generally the kind of posters who make them are the kind that wouldn't be missed by anyone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
why do they call it bloodborne when you imbibe the old blood ministrate out new smell the blood

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lest we forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

(:allears:)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

game's a tapestry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I was genuinely impressed how it wound up doling out its various reveals, it all seems so overwhelming (and contradictory) at first but without any sort of specific watershed moment or reveal you just gradually start to see where they are intersecting and how the world actually works and it feels like it comes together in a very organic fashion rather than a series of contrivances blasted at you at the end.

I also didn't notice this until I was like 95% done with the game but you can re-review the "timeline" of each character in the Analysis menu if you want to re-acquaint yourself with some of them.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
That menu you speak of is where I saw so many “undiscovered” events.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cyberpunk's hyped up 170 hour playtime which is now a girthy 20.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i agree 'thread bad' and recursive meta posting are obnoxious as gently caress but i ran out of energy reading the cyberpunk thread pretty fast for the same reasons i bailed on the last one lol

just enough sprinkling of 'we're just trying to play games here' about sociopolitical criticisms to make me go nah

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Violen posted:

just enough sprinkling of 'we're just trying to play games here' about sociopolitical criticisms to make me go nah

It's a shame because I'm both trans and also like the biggest William Gibson fan ever but apparently not cool enough for the CDPRBOYZ

:(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mode 7 posted:

The more I think about that Cyberpunk "you may only use our b-roll/trailer footage, not your own" embargo restriction, the more I'm impressed at the sheer loving brazenness of it.

They claim it's because the patch will fix most of the glitching that would otherwise dominate footage of prerelease review copies

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RUIN_GAZER/status/1336151208453660674?s=20

Oopsie doodie.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Lol what the gently caress

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Starting to think I just don't like Horizon Zero Dawn. I was curious to play it because I remember when it came out people talked about it as one of the best open world games alongside BotW, which I loved, but if this is the best of that genre, maybe open worlds just suck?

The world isn't fun to explore, because you have to stealth everywhere to avoid machines, or spend an hour planning and then executing a fight, before you can move on to look around at admittedly beautiful, but largely empty scenery. I'm not very good at the combat, so I don't really enjoy it, but I'm sure it's more fun once you have some level of mastery.

The game feels like it takes a lot of cues from the Witcher 3 in its quest types, but it doesn't have the depth of writing to achieve the same effects. Aloy is fun as the protagonist, but doesn't feel as much her own character as Geralt. The characters in the side quests are largely forgettable, and the stories they tell just don't compare to what you find in the Witcher 3. Meridian feels like the analogue to Novigrad, but it just feels so small and barely lived in at all.

I'm going to keep playing along the main quest because I do know a couple of the major twists and I'm curious to see how it unfolds, but I'm a little disappointed by the game so far.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

i was not expecting porygon vision

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's probably not illegal, but it's definitely grounds for a class action.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mall Santa Metis posted:

Starting to think I just don't like Horizon Zero Dawn. I was curious to play it because I remember when it came out people talked about it as one of the best open world games alongside BotW, which I loved, but if this is the best of that genre, maybe open worlds just suck?

The world isn't fun to explore, because you have to stealth everywhere to avoid machines, or spend an hour planning and then executing a fight, before you can move on to look around at admittedly beautiful, but largely empty scenery. I'm not very good at the combat, so I don't really enjoy it, but I'm sure it's more fun once you have some level of mastery.

The game feels like it takes a lot of cues from the Witcher 3 in its quest types, but it doesn't have the depth of writing to achieve the same effects. Aloy is fun as the protagonist, but doesn't feel as much her own character as Geralt. The characters in the side quests are largely forgettable, and the stories they tell just don't compare to what you find in the Witcher 3. Meridian feels like the analogue to Novigrad, but it just feels so small and barely lived in at all.

I'm going to keep playing along the main quest because I do know a couple of the major twists and I'm curious to see how it unfolds, but I'm a little disappointed by the game so far.

the robo fights are like 50% of the appeal. there is depth there if you go looking. and it isn't a hard game once you learn how each machine works (and breaks). that was one of the favorite parts of the game for me.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The more I hear about it, the more Cyberpunk 2077 seems downright malevolent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Holy poo poo