Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tubgoat posted:

Just lmao @ people who haven't just accepted by early adulthood that sometimes pants just get shidded.

I had a philosophy professor who just dropped that sentiment dead square in the middle of a lecture, just gravely and seriously said something very close to "you might think right now that you'll never poo poo your pants. But you're young, and in time every one of you will face a moment where you poo poo your pants, and in that moment you will know humility and the human frailty and binds all the people on this Earth. You will poo poo yourself and you will know." I have no idea what the context was. It was a course on ancient philosophy.

I haven't had had that moment yet, but I've been waiting for it since I was 22. He wasn't wrong about anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I had a philosophy professor who just dropped that sentiment dead square in the middle of a lecture, just gravely and seriously said something very close to "you might think right now that you'll never poo poo your pants. But you're young, and in time every one of you will face a moment where you poo poo your pants, and in that moment you will know humility and the human frailty and binds all the people on this Earth. You will poo poo yourself and you will know." I have no idea what the context was. It was a course on ancient philosophy.

I haven't had had that moment yet, but I've been waiting for it since I was 22. He wasn't wrong about anything else.

Worked for Diogenes!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

aah we got us a late bloomer/shidder.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Jesus Christ, what a philosophy professor! 10/10

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!
philosophy is a very abstract discipline, and you were instructed by a master of keeping oneself grounded in human experience

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sounds an awful lot like you had one of the best philosophy professors in this country lmao

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

miniscule12 posted:

I wouldn't call it holy

Wholly poo poo.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Trapt got booted from Twitter lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

aware of dog posted:

back to parler

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

aware of dog posted:

this is probably because i keep singing that "head strong i'll suck you off. my head strong i'll suck off anyone" parody to myself

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

a Loving Dog posted:

this is probably because i keep singing that "head strong i'll suck you off. my head strong i'll suck off anyone" parody to myself

did you look up a trapt song to make a trapt parody?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

no. i stole it from a tweet, also i know that song because it was on the radio all the time when i was a kid

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/1100855667676585986

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Haha what kind of loser would know lyrics from a song that was played way too much!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

aware of dog posted:

this is extremely funny to me.

https://twitter.com/ThatDobson/status/1336356386947665921?s=20

also

https://twitter.com/Sturgeons_Law/status/1336370082520317954?s=20

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Snake Dance posted:

Haha what kind of loser would know lyrics from a song that was played way too much!

They were? In which universe?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What kind of pagan doesn't like cats?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol he’s making GBS threads on her for living in a sanitized fantasy world holy poo poo dude turn on your nazi monitor lmao

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lol he’s making GBS threads on her for living in a sanitized fantasy world holy poo poo dude turn on your nazi monitor lmao

Look, if he didn’t find even the teensiest bit of self-reflection agonizingly painful, he wouldn’t be where he is now in the first place.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

New Zeland released their the results of their Christchurch shooting and one of the takeaways is that the shooter was mainly radicalized by Youtube videos and he only occasionally posted on far-right sites and 8chan.
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/christchurch-shooting-report-youtube/

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This is impressive.

agreed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/mccormick_ted/status/1336437382543978498?s=20

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

does anybody remember the name of that klan dude from a few months ago who got busted for still being a member of the klan after getting a reduced sentence because he became friends with daryl davis ?

This one?

while looking for that I discovered that Davis also testified at a completely different Klan guy's sentencing, this guy who tried shooting a black person at Unite the Right. You can see how he first tries shooting but his gun doesn't fire, so he tries again but changes his mind and shoots away from the guy that time. Ended up getting 4 years for shooting a gun near a school.

https://twitter.com/kharyp/status/994418963449831424

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

lol, Toby Young, the ur-failson.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FCKGW posted:

New Zeland released their the results of their Christchurch shooting and one of the takeaways is that the shooter was mainly radicalized by Youtube videos and he only occasionally posted on far-right sites and 8chan.
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/christchurch-shooting-report-youtube/

“Subscribe to Pewdiepie” indeed.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1336303964577353729

i guess this counts?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:allears: Oh Varg. His takes just don't hit the same without his hilarious catchphrase "lets find out". Honestly the only good thing that ever came out of his god awful rambling Youtube videos was that phrase.

Varg still loving sucks and should probably disconnect from the internet if he really wants to live his fantasy pagan larp nonsense he's been banging on about for the better part of 30 odd years now, alas he must post

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

a Loving Dog posted:

Thank you for this act of praxis

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I guess Destiny's gone full fash huh

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Phi230 posted:

scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Phi230 posted:

I’m pretty sure he’s always been a shithead but got high off his own farts when people started idolizing him for debating weirdos on the internet so it got more apparent as time went on.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I’m pretty sure he’s always been a shithead but got high off his own farts when people started idolizing him for debating weirdos on the internet so it got more apparent as time went on.

His downward spiral is pretty funny now we gotta get respectable lawyer to get vaush too

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I used to like Vaush when he first popped into my radar a year or so ago, his style of calling out/debating nazis was interesting compared to a lot of breadtube (I never watched Destiny), but the more I see and hear of him the more I realize he's kind of a pretentious kid with a paper-thin grasp of theory and a lot of big words and four-hour videos to distract from the fact he's doing a Ben Shapiro-esque bit where he just gish gallops people to death and preaches to the choir

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

DesertIslandHermit posted:

like any streamer, Destiny is a shameless attention whore of middling intellect who thinks he is way cooler/smarter than he actually is because every day of his life is spent obsessing over his (now rather large) Human Acceptance Number. all of these farty streamer/debater types are the same, whatever their pretense of Highbrow Intellectual Debate their approach almost always boils down to finding some slightly dimmer idiot they know their audience will disagree with and then attempting to Intellectual Checkmate them on stream, or at the very least hit them with a couple gotchas to confirm their audience's beliefs. like everything else in our cursed era it's a masturbatory display of confirmation bias that does not and cannot change anyone's minds by design

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

TheKennedys posted:

I used to like Vaush when he first popped into my radar a year or so ago, his style of calling out/debating nazis was interesting compared to a lot of breadtube (I never watched Destiny), but the more I see and hear of him the more I realize he's kind of a pretentious kid with a paper-thin grasp of theory and a lot of big words and four-hour videos to distract from the fact he's doing a Ben Shapiro-esque bit where he just gish gallops people to death and preaches to the choir

this but it's every Internet Debater Person

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Phi230 posted:

All his leftist viewers deserted him, the alt-right shitheads are the only audience he has left now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Destiny's latest pants making GBS threads has gotten a lot of "leftists" to show their asses, love to see it.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
aaaaand now he’s suspended from Twitter, later shitbird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol Destiny had a job getting paid to play video games for a living and he has hosed it up