Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ultiville posted:

I've mostly moved over from Keqing to Ning as my major damage dealer, but that fight alone makes me happy I have her leveled. Hold-E throwing the lightning stiletto onto his neck and teleporting to it is the only way I've ever been able to get up there in a reasonable timeframe, I can't figure out which part I'm supposed to climb.

The neck near the crystal, but like, it's loving stupid. If you get there too fast you just walk right through it. And by that I mean, if you hold sprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

Wait until you see the target before you try to climb and you'll never clip through.

Unfortunately this doesn't help when you're already on top of the neck and you fall back down through to the platform.

Happened to me twice last time I fought Stormterror and wasted an entire damage phase.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Boy that's a whole lot of Zhongli discourse today.

But it sounds like my hope of the Skyward Spine being a good spear for him actually came true. Even if it's just mostly a result of his actual energy generation being buggy as hell.

Haven't actually pulled him but if I do I'll feel better slapping my one 5* weapon onto him.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/k8u63u/video_showing_the_support_response_from_mihoyo/

If this isn't an elaborate hoax, I wouldn't be surprised if the backlash eclipses the Zhongli stuff very quickly.

Especially with some streamers coming forward saying they're constantly getting alerts sent to their emails and phones.

It also doesn't help that there's been about half a dozen really silly security holes and oversights that have been reported so far. Pretty sure they've all been fixed, but it's still unnerving.

Looking into it, at least they seem to have fixed the exploit the hackers were using to bypass the verification codes being sent out.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 8, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

was already wading through that post's ocean of crap comments just to find something like this, which is a more level-headed response

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...web2x&context=3

given it's a video i assume the same workaround that allows faked CS screenshots isn't at work here but who knows.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I am constantly grateful that I'm playing on PlayStation and can't have my Genshin account stolen... They're not great at support...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xianling and Ningguang are both level 60 right now and I'm underwhelmed and don't really know what I'm doing in this game.

Genshin pros, explain your weapons, stats and artifacts to make them good.

Also, I'm probably way too easily impressed but man, Mona moving into Mondstadt and being the one to clear away that weird sigil a month after the game releases is still absolutely tickling me. It was foreshadowed so far in advance!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Xianling and Ningguang are both level 60 right now and I'm underwhelmed and don't really know what I'm doing in this game.

Also, I'm probably way too easily impressed but man, Mona moving into Mondstadt and being the one to clear away that weird sigil a month after the game releases is still absolutely tickling me. It was foreshadowed so far in advance!

Just as general advice, when I am trying to wrap my head around a char I will get an overview from this gdoc:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14KezgHl7VHzKS4XazrzgUTanF7W9WQZz/view (click the tabs at the bottom, links on main page seem wonky)

And sometimes even just the builds on https://genshin.gg/ are ok.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If I'm looking for the Gambler's set, which maxes out at 4 stars, should I still be running the highest version of the domain? Or would I get more drops from the lower versions?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Are those two your main damage dealers? Xiangling LOVES the craftable spear (pike), and Ningguang can use a bunch of different catalysts but preferably something with ATK or crit or something as a sub-stat. Try to mostly equip ATK artifacts if you can unless you're lucky enough to get a physical damage (xiangling, if she has pike) or geo damage (ninguang) cup. Also make sure to keep on top of leveling up your talents for your main damage dealers. The support characters only need to have the specific abilities you want to use them for leveled. Early on, the Gladiator and Berserker 2 piece set bonuses are pretty good sources of extra damage as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

S.J. posted:

Are those two your main damage dealers? Xiangling LOVES the craftable spear (pike), and Ningguang can use a bunch of different catalysts but preferably something with ATK or crit or something as a sub-stat. Try to mostly equip ATK artifacts if you can unless you're lucky enough to get a physical damage (xiangling, if she has pike) or geo damage (ninguang) cup. Also make sure to keep on top of leveling up your talents for your main damage dealers. The support characters only need to have the specific abilities you want to use them for leveled. Early on, the Gladiator and Berserker 2 piece set bonuses are pretty good sources of extra damage as well.

They're not, Razor is and he's lvl 80 and doing fairly well so far and the second he dies it's a really bad scene.

I'm just trying to bring them up as well because people say that they're great and that Ningguang melts Ruin guards which is something I could use so I probably need to better gear them up. That's why I'm asking about stats and stuff, because after doing everyone's story missions and seeing everyone walking around with over 1,000 attack I realized that I haven't been doing a great job on artifacts so I'm trying to get a better idea of what everyone else is doing so I have a specific goal in mind.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 8, 2020

S.J.
May 19, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

They're not, Razor is and he's lvl 80 and doing fairly well so far and the second he dies it's a really bad scene.

I'm just trying to bring them up as well because people say that they're great and that Ningguang melts Ruin guards which is something I could use so I probably need to better gear them up. That's why I'm asking about stats and stuff, because after doing everyone's story missions and seeing everyone walking around with over 1,000 attack I realized that I haven't been doing a great job on artifacts so I'm trying to get a better idea of what everyone else is doing so I have a specific goal in
mind.

Fair enough. Generally speaking you're going to want to do HP/ATK/ATK/+DMG type/ATK. If you have no idea what else to do, just do this. As far as sets go, Ningguang loves 2 piece petra/2 piece noblesse, and definitely try to get her a geo damage cup, even if it's 4*. Don't worry about the substats on the cup unless you happen to find one with better substats to replace it, just pump that +geo damage up. If you'd rather go for Xiangling, you want a +physical damage cup alongside cresent pike, and probably something like 4 piece gladiator or 2 piece gladiator/2 piece bloodstained. I don't really play her much tho so someone else might have more to say.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Steelion posted:

Unfortunately this doesn't help when you're already on top of the neck and you fall back down through to the platform.

Happened to me twice last time I fought Stormterror and wasted an entire damage phase.

it was this, and then keq ult just not hitting him, and then the third time I started climbing too early and clipped through. Its just a garbage fight, why would you put a lovely climb in the middle of your boss fight

S.J.
May 19, 2008

awesmoe posted:

it was this, and then keq ult just not hitting him, and then the third time I started climbing too early and clipped through. Its just a garbage fight, why would you put a lovely climb in the middle of your boss fight

I had Childe ult completely wiff on that loving crystal I was so annoyed

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
All right, making some progress with my protect Klee team. With better but still suboptimal artifacts, I can clear 12-3.1 with 6:20 remaining. Having more trouble clearing part 2 now actually, with the lack of shields and also I borrowed Chongyun's stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/wATLEE3.mp4
It's actually awesome how much confidence being shielded up gives you to just dive in. I even eat a hammer hit in this one that probably would've killed me with the previous team I was using (Venti/Fischl/Klee/Diona).

Also, my new favorite trick is positioning Zhong's dong behind the enemy so that Jumpy Dumpty mines actually land in a sensible place.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RareAcumen posted:

That's... kind of how it works.

If your Razor is as maxed out as he can reasonably be (good stats and substats on artifacts, Prototype Aminus leveled up, etc) then you want to focus on doing everything you can to have your supports make him more awesome: Energy Regen, having 100% superconduct uptime, sufficient healing, Sucrose/Venti for grouping, deployables on the field for more damage/reactions, etc. Then you do this all again for your Abyss B team and its carry.

Leveling up four individual good characters is prohibitively expensive resource-wise AND they'll be worse than a group designed to maximize a single high-damage carry. Having an amazing physical XL and Ning doesn't matter because Razor is on the field doing his thing and their dps is irrelevant. Having Diona and Kaeya to ensure he has superconduct always up and then support XL (or C1 Fischl, or whatever) to provide extra damage while not being out is going to get you further.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Zhongli's ult should summon a giant loving geo spear that does the petrify and then stays behind and acts as a pillar. It would be a somewhat minor buff but also be cool as gently caress.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Ruby Prism posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/k8u63u/video_showing_the_support_response_from_mihoyo/

If this isn't an elaborate hoax, I wouldn't be surprised if the backlash eclipses the Zhongli stuff very quickly.

Especially with some streamers coming forward saying they're constantly getting alerts sent to their emails and phones.

It also doesn't help that there's been about half a dozen really silly security holes and oversights that have been reported so far. Pretty sure they've all been fixed, but it's still unnerving.

Looking into it, at least they seem to have fixed the exploit the hackers were using to bypass the verification codes being sent out.

A goon got their account back after the thief spent over 1500 USD on it a few days ago

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Playing around with abyss team comps and I've got Klee/XQ/Diona for A and Childe/Ning/Bennett for B - can't decide which DPS benefits more from Sucrose and whether Anemo Traveler is worth using on the other team instead of just slotting Fischl and forgoing Anemo reactions. Don't have Jean or Venti and Sucrose interacts with Klee's mines, but I feel like Childe is one of those characters who lives and dies based on supports because of the E cooldown. Any ideas?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

zgrowler2 posted:

Playing around with abyss team comps and I've got Klee/XQ/Diona for A and Childe/Ning/Bennett for B - can't decide which DPS benefits more from Sucrose and whether Anemo Traveler is worth using on the other team instead of just slotting Fischl and forgoing Anemo reactions. Don't have Jean or Venti and Sucrose interacts with Klee's mines, but I feel like Childe is one of those characters who lives and dies based on supports because of the E cooldown. Any ideas?

What floor? You can't depend on the same team setup every time. Usually, my gameplan with Abyss teams is two DPS per team, with the enemy composition deciding who goes where. The rest of the slots are filled based on what roles and other elements I need. Things like Abyss mages and Fatui practically demand you bring their counter element/weapon.

My supports do usually end up with the same DPS a lot, like Venti will go with whoever has the best synergizing bursts. Having perfect synergies usually has to take a backseat though. I don't think there's a single chamber where I can take all 4 of my open world squad, but sometimes I can do 3 out of 4.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

What floor? You can't depend on the same team setup every time. Usually, my gameplan with Abyss teams is two DPS per team, with the enemy composition deciding who goes where. The rest of the slots are filled based on what roles and other elements I need. Things like Abyss mages and Fatui practically demand you bring their counter element/weapon.

Floor 6, possibly also Floor 7 although I'll have to look at the specific Fatui heavies again. I'm behind on leveling my main DPS units and the current XP curve is Klee 80 / Childe, XL, Sucrose 70 / everyone else 60 or 60able in time. Only 4* I don't have is Xinyan and I hate that rolling to get her as a pity would blow my 5* pity before I had a chance.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

You're way overleveled for those. Floor 8 caps out with level 70 monsters. You can probably steamroll with any group as long as you bring the proper counters for shields.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Hell yeah, I'll get the free gems from floors 6 and 7 and put em towards resin for ascension mats. Thanks for the tips!

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
yeah (speaking as someone who _just_ went back and 9 starred everything before 9), with those levels the problem is that you're not paying enough attention.
kill the fatui water dudes first because they heal, but aside from that make sure you're countering elements (eg if you dont have ice in both parties on floor 7 you're gonna have a bad time, if you try to take childe as party A on floor 8 you're gonna have a bad time) and you'll be able to nuke your way through

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I've been trying to find info on the best artifact stats for Venti, and I'm running across a bunch of conflicting info. One common theme is prioritizing ER until you have about 170 or so, although admittedly I'm not sure what makes 170 special. I imagine it's just the breakpoint to always having the ult up, minus the cooldown of the ability itself, so I can dig it. Anemo dmg on the goblet is also a given, but that's sorta basic for everyone.

But what I can't seem to find agreement on is whether he wants ATK or EM more. Stringless gives a pretty sizeable chunk of EM, so my instinct is to go with an ATK artifact to balance it out and not hit diminishing returns on the EM. That being said, I guess I just have no idea how EM works except in the general, high level sense of it affecting reaction damage/effects, but not really to the point where I'm comfortable knowing where the breakpoints are.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

zgrowler2 posted:

Hell yeah, I'll get the free gems from floors 6 and 7 and put em towards resin for ascension mats. Thanks for the tips!

don't spend your primogems on resin as a f2p :psyduck:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
After about 30 minutes of trying my friend found a way to log into Mihoyo accounts, and if you don't have an email or phone number set you can change the password as well. I know you need an email address to make new accounts now but if you have an old account you probably want to set your email address.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

I've been trying to find info on the best artifact stats for Venti, and I'm running across a bunch of conflicting info. One common theme is prioritizing ER until you have about 170 or so, although admittedly I'm not sure what makes 170 special. I imagine it's just the breakpoint to always having the ult up, minus the cooldown of the ability itself, so I can dig it. Anemo dmg on the goblet is also a given, but that's sorta basic for everyone.

But what I can't seem to find agreement on is whether he wants ATK or EM more. Stringless gives a pretty sizeable chunk of EM, so my instinct is to go with an ATK artifact to balance it out and not hit diminishing returns on the EM. That being said, I guess I just have no idea how EM works except in the general, high level sense of it affecting reaction damage/effects, but not really to the point where I'm comfortable knowing where the breakpoints are.

If you're using Stringless, you'll probably want to go ATK% because it will amplify the direct damage from his burst. EM will only increase his Swirl damage.

To elaborate, ATK% scales better because you're getting more per point of ATK due to the Stringless passive.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 8, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

GrandpaPants posted:

There are as far as I know zero breakpoints for elemental mastery

it's just a smooth curve all the way to infinity

Other than vaporize/melt, reactions don't scale with attack at all, only EM and the character's level.
EM also does nothing whatsoever for non-reaction elemental damage. So ATK only increases the base damage of the vortex and EM only increases the damage of the swirl reactions, and neither of them interacts with the other at all.
Which one is better depends on the balance of how much of each you actually do, and I don't know the answer to that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

A better formula for damage increase per EM is known now

• Melt/Vaporize:
    25/9 × EM/(1401+EM)
  • Superconduct/Swirl/Shatter/Overload:
    60/9 × EM/(1401+EM)
  • Crystallize:
    40/9 × EM/(1401+EM)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Lechtansi posted:

TBF this only started happening in 1.1. I imagine it will get fixed in 1.2.

It absolutely did not start in 1.1.

If you put Guoba or Mona's construct down it could clip you through the neck. Also, switching would put you through the neck sometimes. And if the laser part was up switching to a character could automatically teleport you back to the center of the platform for an instant kill due to getting hit by it. The fight has a lot of clipping issues.

bandaid.friend posted:

A goon got their account back after the thief spent over 1500 USD on it a few days ago

I thought their payment system doesn't save credit card data? Or did I miss that?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Late to the Zhongli chat but I like when someone brings him into domain co op. It's fun to stand on the pillars as a ranged character.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Heran Bago posted:

Late to the Zhongli chat but I like when someone brings him into domain co op. It's fun to stand on the pillars as a ranged character.

The next geo character is gonna make elevator pillars that grow taller the longer you stand on them

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Archonex posted:

I thought their payment system doesn't save credit card data? Or did I miss that?

No, it doesn't. The goon in question had their account stolen (due to reusing a compromised password IIRC). The thief then seems to have sold the account to a whale, who proceeded to spend $1500 of their own money, mostly on rolling on the Childe banner. The goon went through a lengthy process with Mihoyo support to prove that the account was theirs and eventually got it back. Mihoyo wouldn't restore any of the resources the hacker had spent, but on the other hand they also wouldn't remove anything the whale had rolled for either, so now they have a C6 Childe among other things. AFAIK they were also reassured that they'd get to keep everything even if the whale did chargebacks on their spending.

So, in other words, there seems to be something in that story on Reddit that doesn't add up. Them not getting the account back most likely doesn't have anything to do with the thief spending money on the account.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 8, 2020

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The next geo character is gonna make elevator pillars that grow taller the longer you stand on them

Their ult is just the entire inn.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

TheFluff posted:

The goon in question had their account stolen (due to reusing a compromised password IIRC). The thief then seems to have sold the account to a whale, who proceeded to spend $1500 of their own money on it. The goon went through a lengthy process with Mihoyo support to prove that the account was theirs and eventually got it back. Mihoyo wouldn't restore any of the resources the hacker had spent, but on the other hand they also wouldn't remove anything the whale had rolled for either, so now they have a C6 Childe among other things. AFAIK they were also reassured that they'd get to keep everything even if the whale did chargebacks on their spending.

So, in other words, there seems to be something in that story on Reddit that doesn't add up. Them not getting the account back most likely doesn't have anything to do with the thief spending money on the account.

poo poo, I gotta be stupider with my passwords.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Ruby Prism posted:

Looking forward to the Lyte Smite on this OP.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

TheFluff posted:

No, it doesn't. The goon in question had their account stolen (due to reusing a compromised password IIRC). The thief then seems to have sold the account to a whale, who proceeded to spend $1500 of their own money, mostly on rolling on the Childe banner. The goon went through a lengthy process with Mihoyo support to prove that the account was theirs and eventually got it back. Mihoyo wouldn't restore any of the resources the hacker had spent, but on the other hand they also wouldn't remove anything the whale had rolled for either, so now they have a C6 Childe among other things. AFAIK they were also reassured that they'd get to keep everything even if the whale did chargebacks on their spending.

Makes sense. Trying to sort out who gets to keep what is a pain in those sort of situations. Best to just let the rightful owner keep whatever stuff the whale purchased.

I guess it's possible the rep that guy in the Reddit post talked too was just an idiot. Bad CR is a thing of course. But it does smell a bit fishy.

Hopefully they keep track of a record of account details. Since it'd be easy to prove who you are by phone, email, etc, etc.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Dec 8, 2020

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Archonex posted:

Hopefully they keep track of a record of account details. Since it'd be easy to prove who you are by phone, email, etc, etc.

Yeah, about that... this is what you have to provide if you want your lost account back:

quote:

1) UID, account username or nickname, level and Server
2) Email address, Phone number or other 3rd accounts (Facebook, Twitter etc.) that bound to this UID:
3) Register date, location and device
4) Device info of last log-in and location (If it not matching, no assistance)
5) Date and timing of last log-in
6) Usual location (city) of log-in and usual devices
7) Screenshot of All purchase, must have to inclue order number of payment, date and Packages that recently of purchased (If this account has been topped-up, then this piece of information is required, otherwise no assistance will be given)
8) Game info:
A) eg. characters (If you have 5 star characters do inform us of the name and level of the character)
B) 5-star weapons that you own
9) Other info that could be used as proof of the belonging of acct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

TheFluff posted:

Yeah, about that... this is what you have to provide if you want your lost account back:

Holy poo poo. So a lot of details then.

How do you even get a screenshot of all of your purchases? That seems like a crucial thing to have on hand.

Edit: The screenshot and top-up thing makes me wonder if that the guy may have ran into an issue where a f2p can get hijacked out of their account by the hacker topping up with primos. Probably another security exploit, but not as malicious as reddit is making it out to be.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Dec 8, 2020