Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

Sorry, not trying to be too much of a dingus about it, synths make cool sounds and that's what is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

havelock posted:

Possibly dumb question about midi:
I'm working on getting my iPad and pc integrated. I'll have an audio interface for each (each with midi in/out) ports. I want to be able to run a sequencer on either the iPad or the pc at various points. I also will have a midi controller that I want to use to control both iPad and pc things. It has 5 pin midi ports. For extra credit I'd like to get my op1 to be able to receive midi too (via USB).

I want a big unified midi soup (ideally with physical cables) so I can pick and choose per project. Does that even make sense?
If it fits your creative workflow, then it makes sense!

quote:

I'm missing the mental model for midi basically. For devices with both midi in and out, is Out the union of everything sent In and everything the device generates or just what it generates?
This is kind-of the idea with MIDI -- there are 16 channels so you can send separate messages to each instrument all via one MIDI cable. The instruments can then be either daisy-chained, or you can use a splitter box to send it out to each. Some devices (e.g. controllers) can either merge the MIDI in with the controller's own messages or just the output from the controller -- there may be a switch somewhere on yours. I don't think a USB MIDI interface will merge by default, because you would usually do that kind of routing inside the computer.

quote:

Do audio interfaces do this differently by default? If my computer has the op1 plugged in via USB, can the op1 see whatever midi messages arrive on the midi in of the pc audio interface?

The OP1 and your interface will show up as separate MIDI devices on your PC, but your DAW should be able to route MIDI from one to the other pretty easily. You can also merge in additional MIDI from tracks in your DAW and send that out via either the OP1 or the interface.

quote:

Will this work?
controller -> iPad interface in
IPad interface out -> pc interface in
Pc interface out -> iPad interface in?

And then plug the op1 via USB into either the pc or the powered hub the iPad and iPad interface are connected to?

Since you have to use your PC for routing the OP1, why not also use it for routing the MIDI controller? ie:

iPad interface out -> controller in
controller out -> PC interface in (carrying merged controller + iPad signal)
OP1 -> PC usb (as PC interface 2 in)
OP1 <- PC usb (as PC interface 2 out, carrying any combo of controller+iPad or PC-generated signal)
PC interface out -> iPad interface in (carrying merged controller + PC sequencer + OP1 signal)

Notes:
1) You will need to do the routing in your PC using your DAW or some kind of DAW-like software. This also means you need your PC running whenever you need to use your controller or the iPad to control the OP1.

2) You will need to pay careful attention to which channels you're using for what, to ensure things don't clash. MIDI can carry up to 16 channels, though, which should be plenty for your setup.

3) I've heard that sync can get fucky with MIDI over USB. Maybe someone with more experience could comment though?

4) All this assumes that your controller has a MIDI in and can do MIDI merge. If not, you'll either need to get a MIDI merge box, or an interface with more than one MIDI input. Since you haven't purchased the interface yet, I'd point out that the latter is more flexible. In that case you'd plug both the iPad and the controller into the PC via separate MIDI inputs, and sort out all the routing inside your DAW.

Edit: beaten, but hopefully the two replies you got help you wrap your head around this!

Lead out in cuffs fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 8, 2020

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

ricecult posted:

Sorry, not trying to be too much of a dingus about it, synths make cool sounds and that's what is important.

i had a friend that went to 'banjo camp' led by a famous banjo player-instructor. He's poor, has a cheap $300 banjo (but also pretty good, as a musician). He said the typical attendee was 55+ years old owning a $2000 banjo, that sounded like rear end (or a tin can as he put it) because they didn't know wtf they are doing. So, in this case I don't think the behavior is limited to synth players, or even musicians, but its a thing about people with a lot of money, and also the human instinct to collect. It shouldn't bother anyone, but in the case of youtube it's just really in your face with synths because it's all laid out there in a big magnificent spread. It's a bit of a reminder to me "don't buy a drat thing until I learn the digitone."

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pillow Face posted:

speaking as someone who has put in a lot of time and energy composing, arranging, and mixing my own songs for albums spanning a few genres and has now settled into streaming hours of the most mundane and tedious parts of making music (screwing racks, routing cables, exploring “tone”) and shitposting every thought on it on t/f/ig, i believe that it truly does not matter :matters:

remember james blake and burial and other amazing names that have disappeared behind 100gecs and megan thee stallion and whoever? that’s boomer poo poo, culturally irrelevant now. doesn’t matter how good your product is, it disappears into the ether. in 2020, music is no longer a communal pastime or even a consumable product, it is content taking up bandwidth and server space, there is no use in trying :justpost:

James Blake’s sonic output is what would happen if you took Justin Timberlake’s entire career and erased all the parts where he isn’t doing white dude R&B—falsetto and then you took what was left and stretched it to fill the gaps

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Cheese Thief posted:

. It's a bit of a reminder to me "don't buy a drat thing until I learn the digitone."

I don’t mean to take this out of context, but I’ve just seen this posted itt so many times, and while I don’t know the digitone specifically, I do know the Digitakt, Machinedrum SPS-1 UW MKii, and the model: samples, and I’ve watched some digitone stuff, but either way I’d suggest separating learning FM synthesis from learning the sequencer and p locks and whatnot. Or like, just using preset sounds and making a melodic sequence, and then you’ll pick up more as you go with FM stuff, which imo is the most difficult to understand, popular synthesis category. I think with the digitone you’ll get more of a feel for it, cause it’s got filters and effects and typically FM synths don’t, but I think finding cool sounds through patches people have made and then tweaking them is maybe a more worthwhile pursuit. This isn’t even directed at you necessarily, but like whoever has a Digitone and hasn’t been able to wrap their heads around it, and if you have specific questions maybe I, or someone else here can help.

Ok Comboomer posted:

James Blake’s sonic output is what would happen if you took Justin Timberlake’s entire career and erased all the parts where he isn’t doing white dude R&B—falsetto and then you took what was left and stretched it to fill the gaps

Wrong, as much as I don’t like his new music or even anything after his first few EPs, he’s an insanely talented dude. https://youtu.be/XilM-xjvFTw

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Any recommendations on two tiered synth stands? Need to hold a moog voyager XL (60 lbs) and a Nord Lead 4 (12 lbs) Won’t be gigging with it, purely home studio use.

Maybe the OnStage 2-tier Z stand or the Jaspers 2 or 3 tier A frame from thomann?

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

Imhotep posted:

I don’t mean to take this out of context, but I’ve just seen this posted itt so many times, and while I don’t know the digitone specifically, I do know the Digitakt, Machinedrum SPS-1 UW MKii, and the model: samples, and I’ve watched some digitone stuff, but either way I’d suggest separating learning FM synthesis from learning the sequencer and p locks and whatnot. Or like, just using preset sounds and making a melodic sequence, and then you’ll pick up more as you go with FM stuff, which imo is the most difficult to understand, popular synthesis category. I think with the digitone you’ll get more of a feel for it, cause it’s got filters and effects and typically FM synths don’t, but I think finding cool sounds through patches people have made and then tweaking them is maybe a more worthwhile pursuit. This isn’t even directed at you necessarily, but like whoever has a Digitone and hasn’t been able to wrap their heads around it, and if you have specific questions maybe I, or someone else here can help.

Wrong, as much as I don’t like his new music or even anything after his first few EPs, he’s an insanely talented dude. https://youtu.be/XilM-xjvFTw

Yea, I don't mean fm specifically, when i say 'learn the digitone' i mean the Elektron workflow, just to clear that up. I'm a synth noob and probably a broken clock when it comes to repeating myself. but thanks i appreciate it.
e: oh yea I have a youtube I follow and watching him on real slow mo settings and copying every button press, I can understand the written documentation now more clearly, having made some beats. I'm using the DN just as a drum machine really.
e2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS8edjurjDw this video explains fm in a way I can understand, it's deflmask but same principle.

Cheese Thief fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 8, 2020

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I had the 2 tier Z stand for a while, it worked fine. I had a yamaha CS1x on the bottom tier and the top was just plywood as a stand for pedals and a TR-8 and stuff Not very heavy

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Arturia's V Collection 8 drops today. Interested to see what's in it.

I love the V Collection, after stumbling over hardware synths and backing into software to help me understand things better - the V Collection and Pigments/Analog Lab are really fun to play with.

edit: Ha it's already available, including box art, in my personal offers in my account.

Seems to include a new Analog Lab (Analog Lab V). That's exciting.

https://www.arturia.com/products/v-collection/buy

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 8, 2020

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Cheese Thief posted:

It's a bit of a reminder to me "don't buy a drat thing until I learn the digitone."

One thing I can maybe recommend to broaden your perspective with elektron workflow is to download and learn to use Renoise ($free) even if its just a fifteen minute youtube tutorial. Elektron sequencing is basically music tracker software in hardware form. Learning renoise gave me a lot of perspective on the elektron sequencer

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Stoca Zola posted:

helpful stuff

Lead out in cuffs posted:

also helpful stuff

I think the main insight here for me is using a DAW on the pc or some software on the ipad (AUM?) like a virtual patchbay - so the idea is that the messages go wherever I tell them to. It remains to be seen whether I can enable some sort of 'thru' mode on the controller for the out port to let it daisy chain.

Thanks for the help!

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Spreading the Nite Crew cancer one volunteer shift at a time.

My Lovely Horse posted:

All the guitar video titles name the song and all the synth video titles list the equipment, I'd say that definitely shows a difference in what kind of content is being advertised and to whom.

counterpoint, with guitar, tone is relatively basic and common knowledge, and the sound is often a means to an end for the song. a lot of what is exciting about synths for a lot of people is the sound design aspect of it, so i think it’s understandable (to a point) of letting people know how that sound is being made. there’s surely many youtube channels dedicated to weird guitar sounds that list boutique pedals, but overall i think it’s less inherent to why people choose guitar vs synth as an instrument

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol

Imhotep posted:

imo james blake and burial were guys that set a new standard in production when they first broke, the sounds and effects they chose and how they used space in the mix. like i hear a lot of james in billie eilish’s debut, but my son has no idea who james is and thinks billie is for edgey sad girls. likewise he doesn’t know burial, is aware of skrillex’s existence, and is generally familiar with 100 gecs

just realized that stuff is 10-15 years old, it is i who is the boomer

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

A MIRACLE posted:

One thing I can maybe recommend to broaden your perspective with elektron workflow is to download and learn to use Renoise ($free) even if its just a fifteen minute youtube tutorial. Elektron sequencing is basically music tracker software in hardware form. Learning renoise gave me a lot of perspective on the elektron sequencer

Trackers are mainly how I record in terms of making video game songs. I put this together for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-jmOe8FAc
I think Renoise is a little complicated to recommend to learn tracker software by the way. I learned on Milkytracker even though I have Renoise. The issue is how to menu dive, Elektron it's like learning Emacs sort of which combination of button presses to do, I think.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
I’ve cooled on Arturia after the mutable happening but pigments and their easel are certainly fantastic softsynths.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Startyde posted:

I’ve cooled on Arturia after the mutable happening but pigments and their easel are certainly fantastic softsynths.

Yeah, but honestly after he gave the full rundown of what happened it really seemed less egregious than at first.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Pillow Face posted:

remember james blake and burial and other amazing names that have disappeared behind 100gecs and megan thee stallion and whoever? that’s boomer poo poo, culturally irrelevant now. doesn’t matter how good your product is, it disappears into the ether. in 2020, music is no longer a communal pastime or even a consumable product, it is content taking up bandwidth and server space, there is no use in trying :justpost:

You just reminded me that last night I dreamt about listening to Nitzer Ebb at work and wanting to come in here and ask the synth thread about how they got their sounds.

I like 100gecs a lot, and I think they are good at writing great classic pop songs, but I was thinking a lot about what makes me like a certain song. For some reason when I hear Closing Shot by Lindstrom or Never Come Back by Caribou my brain is like "yes, keep this going" but I can listen to hundreds of superficially similar songs without anyway in this Ted talk etc

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

Renoise isn't free, but it is cheap ($75) and has a generous demo policy. Unlimited time, unrestricted load/save, but no export and a few features limited.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

BonoMan posted:

Arturia's V Collection 8 drops today. Interested to see what's in it.

I love the V Collection, after stumbling over hardware synths and backing into software to help me understand things better - the V Collection and Pigments/Analog Lab are really fun to play with.

edit: Ha it's already available, including box art, in my personal offers in my account.

Seems to include a new Analog Lab (Analog Lab V). That's exciting.

https://www.arturia.com/products/v-collection/buy

Based on the product page it looks like the new stuff is an Emulator II, a Jupiter 6, and a Vocoder (though who knows what vocoder, VP330 would be my guess). They usually put out an update or two of existing instruments in the collection, too.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Yeah gecs are pretty cool imo, if they're emblematic of zoomer music then the zoomers are doing alright. Dylan Brady's influence, along with Sophie's, is gonna be felt for a while. As a 30 something I genuinely think pop music is the best it's been since like the 80s or something, which I can't say for many other genres.

Comparing an underground artist like Burial who was critically acclaimed but working in a very niche genre (especially outside the UK), to the latest viral pop sensation is pretty unfair. Untrue is what got me into producing nonguitar music but I kinda ruined it watching a video about where the melodic samples are from a few years back lol. Still god tier drum programming though.

I feel like these days unless the act of making music brings you joy, there is no reason to be making it. I release less and less as I realised it's really just for me, busting your rear end over something a handful of people will listen to seems silly unless you really enjoy the process.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

MockingQuantum posted:

Based on the product page it looks like the new stuff is an Emulator II, a Jupiter 6, and a Vocoder (though who knows what vocoder, VP330 would be my guess). They usually put out an update or two of existing instruments in the collection, too.

Also looks like they wrapped it up in a brand new Analog Lab V. Interested to see how that turns out.

I love the VSTs, but sometimes I like to mess around with them as standalones and I hate how the V collection treats everyone as it's entirely own program (and when it comes to updates this REALLY gets painful). So hopefully that's all wrangled better this time.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'm def no Phil and or Paul Hartnoll (not that I think you need to be to make music), I just like this stuff for its own sake, and the ability to make beep noises that become boop noises once you twist a knob. Plus my kids like it.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Going back to Eno and discussion of ambient music, we've lost Harold Budd to COVID.

https://twitter.com/geetadayal/status/1336468874250764288?s=20

gently caress 2020.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

Tayter Swift posted:

Going back to Eno and discussion of ambient music, we've lost Harold Budd to COVID.

https://twitter.com/geetadayal/status/1336468874250764288?s=20

gently caress 2020.

He was good. I enjoyed his work with the Cocteau Twins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld0OR5naugk

Cheese Thief fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 9, 2020

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

captainOrbital posted:

I'm def no Phil and or Paul Hartnoll (not that I think you need to be to make music), I just like this stuff for its own sake, and the ability to make beep noises that become boop noises once you twist a knob. Plus my kids like it.

ironic, given your username

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

ricecult posted:

And that's more interesting and respectable than what a lot of synth culture aims for. There's this weird thing with synths that they can be very pretentious and high brow, or they can be silly and indulgent. Both of these extremes have good and bad, and a lot of current synth culture somehow manages to do both extremes poorly. I think this is mostly cultural growing pains, it's a new way (for most people) of approaching music at a time of general cultural aimlessness, there's not much to guide it.

I mean...

...synth nerding, particularly of the ambient synth jam variety, is one of many forms of hobbies where the primary barrier to entry is cost and not practice/skill; I think so many folks (myself included) gravitate towards the modular ambient jams because frankly, you need money but really only a few hours to make *something* that sounds okay, interesting or not. Give that same person a piano and an equal amount of time and they're going to give up because the curve before they can play something that sounds "nice" is much longer. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure it took me longer to build my eurorack case than it took to get it to sound like "something" I could post online.

There's plenty of hobbies that let you fake it with a a bit of google and a healthy bank account - whiskey snob, drones, fashion, 360 video, audiophiles, luxury travel blogger etc. It's nothing new and there's nothing wrong with it. Our new era of "everything has metrics and should be monetized" kinda poisons the idea of just having a hobby you dote over and don't really intend or care to make this a serious artistic pursuit. For a lot of people who have some income and not much free time, it's appealing - it lets you play around with minimal commitment and get something that sounds kinda nice, if boring, and you get to feel like you've made something cool. Lord knows my YouTube account has a bunch of things like that, and it's fun, if a little repetitive.

This isn't to say that you can't be a serious musician, put tons of hours and practice into it and actually advance your music, but the first hurdle to clear is mostly your credit limit and a lot of people just stagnate there with GAS because they can just buy another synth and get kinda sorta barely able to use it before finding another one to obsess over.

I think the big point is this is fine if people aren't

1) Using their money spent as gatekeeping to dissuade others with less means by being dicks to people who don't have 10K+ to drop on their wall of synths
2) Thinking their fiddling around on weekends with their synths makes them Brian Eno and we should all worship their musical genius. Especially if they're asking for criticism but unable to handle when others don't recognize their innovative "look I have *two* sequencers running the same 16 notes over a simple drone!" style of composition.

The former is really lovely, the latter is just kinda sad.

tl;dr make noise, have fun, oscillator go BRRRRRRRR, Blackhole reverb means never having to have a melody.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Don’t think too much. It ain’t natural.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

It looks like Mutable is rolling out some new modules. They announced a dual multimode called BLADES and - I think this is new - Clouds has been added to their discontinued list, leading the wigglers to think a new version is coming.

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/blades/

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Had a look at this PS-3200 yesterday at a nearby auction house, I got easily outbid but it really didn't sell for that much considering the price of a working one on reverb :thunk: .

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Had a look at this PS-3200 yesterday at a nearby auction house, I got easily outbid but it really didn't sell for that much considering the price of a working one on reverb :thunk: .

how much did it go for?

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

toadee posted:

how much did it go for?

Just shy of 1k although that's not to say it would've gone way higher if whoever won it really wanted it - I was talking to a guy looking inside the back of it who was sending photos off to somone who had restored them before apparently. It was missing the original keyboard, 60pin keyboard cable and power cable however - didn't get a good look at the keyboard but it looked like it might have done CV out which I would assume would make it monophonic? I guess you could bypass that if you installed a kenton MIDI mod into it.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Just shy of 1k although that's not to say it would've gone way higher if whoever won it really wanted it - I was talking to a guy looking inside the back of it who was sending photos off to somone who had restored them before apparently. It was missing the original keyboard, 60pin keyboard cable and power cable however - didn't get a good look at the keyboard but it looked like it might have done CV out which I would assume would make it monophonic? I guess you could bypass that if you installed a kenton MIDI mod into it.

Heh, no, the Korg PS series are every key polyphonic. The PS-3200 has 96 VCOs for it's 48 keys. Aphex Twin pretty famously used a pair of PS-3300s on the Syro album (the 3300 has 3 VCOs per key instead of the 2 on the 3200). 1k is insane for a 3200 so I assume it was quite broken? I think a restored PS-3300 goes for north of $50k last I looked.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

College Slice

toadee posted:

Heh, no, the Korg PS series are every key polyphonic. The PS-3200 has 96 VCOs for it's 48 keys. Aphex Twin pretty famously used a pair of PS-3300s on the Syro album (the 3300 has 3 VCOs per key instead of the 2 on the 3200). 1k is insane for a 3200 so I assume it was quite broken? I think a restored PS-3300 goes for north of $50k last I looked.

quote:

Heh, no,
:cmon:

The original keyboard and 60pin wire was missing which sends a voltage for each note played, the replacement keyboard had what looked like a CV out, where CV would only send 1 voltage at a time. Price was probably a mix of stuff like the missing bits, it being a general antiques auction, condition of the outside looked ok but you can't really know whats going on inside until you find a power cable or bench supply and power it to see if it catches fire or take it to bits.

A LOVELY LAD fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Dec 9, 2020

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

stillvisions posted:

Blackhole reverb means never having to have a melody.

Okay this gave me a chuckle irl

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

A LOVELY LAD posted:

:cmon:

The original keyboard and 60pin wire was missing which sends a voltage for each note played, the replacement keyboard had what looked like a CV out, where CV would only send 1 voltage at a time. Price was probably a mix of stuff like the missing bits, it being a general antiques auction, condition of the outside looked ok but you can't really know whats going on inside until you find a power cable or bench supply and power it to see if it catches fire or take it to bits.

well I definitely would have bid up to at least a couple grand on it, man that was a good deal

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

EBB posted:

Growing up, aside from the in-school music I got to take guitar lessons and a played a little bit of piano. That faded more for AV/amateur television/electronics. Music left my life except as a listener for a long time until maybe 18 months ago when I got the itch to do another electronics project that "had to make sound". After that I found MFOS and kind of fell into modular DIY. I know I'm a hack and a fraud musically but the interest started and mainly lies with what makes this all work. Seeing stuff like the DICKSYNTH on the last page motivates me to think about what could possibly be "new" for DIY, some dumb idea that only one of ever gets made but is enjoyed immensely.

kind of a tangent, but I'm looking for a DIY project to kind of get back into electronics (and because I find soldering a bunch of crap to be kind of meditative/relaxing) and some sort of DIY synth seems like the obvious choice to me. Do you have any projects you'd recommend for someone who has no problem soldering but only a loose understanding of electronics? I haven't looked at MFOS in ages, is that still the go-to resource for this sort of thing, since the founder died?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

MockingQuantum posted:

kind of a tangent, but I'm looking for a DIY project to kind of get back into electronics (and because I find soldering a bunch of crap to be kind of meditative/relaxing) and some sort of DIY synth seems like the obvious choice to me. Do you have any projects you'd recommend for someone who has no problem soldering but only a loose understanding of electronics? I haven't looked at MFOS in ages, is that still the go-to resource for this sort of thing, since the founder died?

https://aisynthesis.com/ has a range of projects.

They all seem pretty simple and unexciting, but if I had to do it all again I'd make sure to have one of their Matrix Mixers. They seem to be a lot of people's secrets to feedback control.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

MockingQuantum posted:

BUILD A THEREMIN :black101:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

MockingQuantum posted:

ironic, given your username

Orbital is the band that I can listen to to always make me feel like I could never make music.

Also wasn't there some company selling make-your-own kits for a 303 replica? Not Behringer.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

rickiep00h posted:

BUILD A THEREMIN :black101:

I already have an etherwave, otherwise I would. one theremin is enough, one might even argue it's one theremin too many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

MockingQuantum posted:

Deckard's Dream kit