Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Turin Turambar posted:

average size :agesilaus:

BTW, watching that long Q&A with a youtuber, he says there is a cyberaug that is
basically lifted from Deus Ex HR. Typhoon, was called? You remember the one were you jump down to the ground and throw nano explosives around you? that's it. The description of what it does is the same.

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Mantis blades but it's just two enormous dildos

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

AEMINAL posted:

https://i.imgur.com/u8rn2VV.mp4

GOTY!!!

Hopefully stuff like this will be fixed in the day 1 patch.

This is hilarious

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think it was good to have a trailer with a less aggro tone since the game itself doesn't seem cranked to 11 all the time. Feels like it will also be the one to age the best as it seems to foreshadow a lot about the characters. And I liked the song. However the twitcher 3 launch trailer remains the goat

I expected them to really crank it up for the final trailer, but I guess they already have so much marketing material that does just that. I agree that it's nice to see a more 'restrained' story trailer, though I think the music is doing the heavy lifting there; I'm sure if it was scored with one of the game's techno tracks I'd think differently.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That trailer is sooooo good. I guess they're trying to capture the supposedly present sensitive introspective side of the game that hasnt at all been present in marketing. Pimp poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1336355168095449089

this game is going to be loving incredible

Picturing all of these cutscenes on everyones PCs and game consoles, and instead of the smooth life like animations we see here, it's frozen in place characters, glitchy animations, and sliding around rooms that we are actually seeing in real gameplay footage.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Someone needs to remake that trailer with a bunch of T-posed NPCs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AEMINAL posted:

https://i.imgur.com/u8rn2VV.mp4

GOTY!!!

Hopefully stuff like this will be fixed in the day 1 patch.

It's Star Citizen but without the $350 million crowd funded scam.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

It's Star Citizen but without the $350 million crowd funded scam.

So Skyrim

Star Citizen is its own terrible level of stupid, Cyberpunk isn't a Crysis mod so its way more than SC will ever be :cheeky:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Epic rolling-yohr-hand-out-the-passenger-window scene

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

likelihood of me being able to get a tachikoma? A little person tank drone would be a dream come true

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I'm weirded out by that ASMR stuff in the launch trailer.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Quoting myself but I really hope the text in the upper left has nothing to do with what V is looking at rn

That's a DXHR reference isn't it?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
im on full hype mode i dont give a gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4bKZT_Eg4A

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I said come in! posted:

Picturing all of these cutscenes on everyones PCs and game consoles, and instead of the smooth life like animations we see here, it's frozen in place characters, glitchy animations, and sliding around rooms that we are actually seeing in real gameplay footage.
One of the reviewers wrote about the game glitching out the further they got into the main story with some epic bug happening in the final scene right before credits started rolling

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

w00tmonger posted:

likelihood of me being able to get a tachikoma? A little person tank drone would be a dream come true

Do you have a PS1?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QiaB8eVXaE

I would say probably not huge but... you know the game does have vehicles so there could totally be a tank segment.

Or if you mean "little" as in smaller drone than a full tachikoma you can ride in, that seems more likely. There was that spider-bot in the early trailers, although we haven't seen it much since.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

I'm weirded out by that ASMR stuff in the launch trailer.

I loving hate it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My 100GB preload on PS5 finished and then said there was an update available, which is a 28gb download literally called “No Title” without an icon or anything.

Bodes well!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cancelling the entire mode of communication known as whispering due to its association with asmr

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Cancelling the entire mode of communication known as whispering due to its association with asmr

If you have something to say you can say it to the whole class

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

𝐼'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝓊𝓁𝓁 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝓎 𝓀𝒶𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒶 𝓃𝑜𝓌.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Zeta Acosta posted:

im on full hype mode i dont give a gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4bKZT_Eg4A

I really like this cover the original I have been playing in my gym playlist

Can't find this one on Spotify unfortunately

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

History Comes Inside! posted:

My 100GB preload on PS5 finished and then said there was an update available, which is a 28gb download literally called “No Title” without an icon or anything.

Bodes well!

That might be the second patch that CDPR mentioned here and there, not talking about the day one patch.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Palpek posted:

Here's the bit (timestamped), apparently money is much more valuable in the game than in other big RPGs and if you respec you do it at the cost of being able to afford other stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlAkvMLjKZ4&t=1670s

Been watching this on and off all afternoon in work and I just got to the part where he goes "I dunno why CDPR saw the need to make all the women look...unattractive and old and kinda masculine" :smugjones:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A second 28gb day one patch on top of the first 48gb one?

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
am I understanding correctly that I need to clear out 75gb game + 50gb patch + 28gb 2nd patch ~160 gb for this game ?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Pool posted:

am I understanding correctly that I need to clear out 75gb game + 50gb patch + 28gb 2nd patch ~160 gb for this game ?

need a :comcast: emote for people with data caps

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Mr. Pool posted:

The answer is maybe? No one knows for sure.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mr. Pool posted:

not on pc at least, because ps4 filesystem is old and needs space for the root file, update package + expansion space

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

don't think the final size will be quite that large since patches overwrite a lot of existing assets

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Been watching this on and off all afternoon in work and I just got to the part where he goes "I dunno why CDPR saw the need to make all the women look...unattractive and old and kinda masculine" :smugjones:

I also noticed one moment where he said 'oh, that's gay' so yeah...

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got from the reddit:

Last night finished pre-load of 102 GB for Playstation digital version, this morning got a download of a 28 GB patch and now shows game as version 1.02.

Version 1.02

Various Stability improvements

Various performance improvements

Critical progression and gameplay issues addressed

Total game size in storage shows as 102 GB

Edit: GOG PC version just received 28MB update (yes, MB not GB)

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mr. Pool posted:

No. Most of those patches will replace the data of the previous ones.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The whispering is dumb but rest is good

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
ok ty

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Dandywalken posted:

The whispering is dumb but rest is good

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Yuck.

The good news is I think I've heard all I need to from reviewers at this point so I can just stop, because the hot-takes are starting to outnumber the valuable information fast.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

sean10mm posted:

Nomad's appeal is partly that it's kind of going for a Mad Max "clans & gangs roaming the wastes between cities" vibe, and partly because your character is going into Night City blind just like you, the player, are.

This exactly! I'm gonna play a stranger in a strange land. Thinking about calling him Moe short for Moses. A Mohawk would probably be too on the nose.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Turin Turambar posted:

I also noticed one moment where he said 'oh, that's gay' so yeah...

I remember as a kid I and the other kids would say, "That's gay" as an insult.

Nowadays as an adult if someone says it's gay I ask "Just how gay is it?" And we're both excited. The gayer the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ice Phisherman posted:

I remember as a kid I and the other kids would say, "That's gay" as an insult.

Nowadays as an adult if someone says it's gay I ask "Just how gay is it?" And we're both excited. The gayer the better.

Hell, same.