Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Better arm yourself to protect from roving bands of leather clad IP lawyers patrolling the wasteland looking for copyright violations on behalf of Lord Mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

BC extended the ban on gatherings with non-household members to Jan 8, which means Christmas is canceled.

Good, but I'm sure this is going to be widely ignored.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Still waiting for Christmas and more importantly Christmas shopping in person being cancelled.

Stay the gently caress home. I don't want covid because you're hell bent to get new loving skis. There isn't even any snow.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i thought you guys were closed down

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

infernal machines posted:

The ban was set to expire tomorrow but it got extended today until Jan 8.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i meant EvilJoven, who's in winterpeg, i think

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

fisting by many posted:

BC extended the ban on gatherings with non-household members to Jan 8, which means Christmas is canceled.

Good, but I'm sure this is going to be widely ignored.

That's cool.

Anyway, the gym down the street just put up a sign saying that they would appreciate it if people would wear masks during their workout.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

We shut our doors for a week, opened back up, and then a day later the restrictions were announced. We're doing sales over the phone with curbside for skis but bikes are essential as well as winter outerwear so people are just coming right in just like last time.

It's super fun. XC ski people see someone standing in the shop getting bike stuff and they walk in demanding to be allowed to finger gently caress ski gear and I gotta tell em no, they have to go back outside and phone us. are super neurotic cheap and entitled so when I do they either act extremely baffled or just cranky. I put a long rear end sign on the door explaining all this but either XC people are apparently split between illiterate or just not loving caring. One of my colleagues had some moron come in and literally say 'I saw your sign but the door was unlocked, I just want to buy some poles is that ok???'

A few other shops in the city are doing it the same way we are. Others just said 'gently caress this' and closed their showrooms to both bike and ski customers.

EvilJoven has issued a correction as of 02:10 on Dec 8, 2020

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao. that's the worst.

sorry man.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/johngaudes/status/1336055395429670912?s=20

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The aliens are planting covid spreaders/cleansers in Manitoba now

https://twitter.com/policyfrog/status/1335973420224409609

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

That doesn't look big enough to be called a monolith.

(yeah yeah, it's cold in Manitoba, I get it)

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Rutibex posted:

i'm going to make a fortune sculpting crude Micky Mouse heads out of clay in the post apocalypse

Get in line behind all of us who've spent our adult lives working with clay. We can lose 1000 years of tech and I'm still gonna be able to ply my trade.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I am skilled at making chainmail, can we trade?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Bilirubin posted:

I don't trade, I barter

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Virtual Russian posted:

Get in line behind all of us who've spent our adult lives working with clay. We can lose 1000 years of tech and I'm still gonna be able to ply my trade.

i have a friend who sells his pottery for a living so i figure worst comes to worst i can pull a crank to make his wheel spin and we can work out some kind of deal? i'm sure the master potter does not need to sully himself pulling rocks out of local river clay......

though i have tried to spend most of the 2020 lockdown learning to do woodworking with hand tools. our post-electricity commune shouldn't fall below the standards of the 16th century or so

Bilirubin posted:

you're in. can you make a plow?

Rutibex has issued a correction as of 06:18 on Dec 8, 2020

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Rutibex posted:

i have a friend who sells his pottery for a living so i figure worst comes to worst i can pull a crank to make his wheel spin and we can work out some kind of deal? i'm sure the master potter does not need to sully himself pulling rocks out of local river clay......

though i have tried to spend most of the 2020 lockdown learning to do woodworking with hand tools. our post-electricity commune shouldn't fall below the standards of the 16th century or so

you're in

Yeah processing raw clay from the ground/river is backbreaking work, do not recommend.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I plan on being a wasteland hunter that hurls axes at the corporate copyright enforcement drones and scavenges their shiny carapace. Either I become successful and can trade my many shiny materials for food and clay mickey mouse heads, or I get instantly vaporized by a drone. Either way is fine, frankly

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Danaru posted:

clay mickey mouse heads

You know, given the chia pet commercials I am seeing this year this could be a very valuable skill for trading other communes.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

although lol my premier is hell bent on killing me long before hellscape starts

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

EvilJoven posted:

Still waiting for Christmas and more importantly Christmas shopping in person being cancelled.

Stay the gently caress home. I don't want covid because you're hell bent to get new loving skis. There isn't even any snow.

Ok but have you seen the graphics on the new SFBs?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i meant EvilJoven, who's in winterpeg, i think

looking outdoors I don't think you can call it that anymore.

Bilirubin posted:

although lol my premier is hell bent on killing me long before hellscape starts

our leadership is actually very merciful, makes you think.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Ok but have you seen the graphics on the new SFBs?

Oh my god those look hot too bad we only do XC skis, which is the lamest way to ski.

Unlike stupid post apoc movies the wasteland is going to be dominated by those that can repair and maintain bicycles so I'm gonna be sitting pretty as some local warlords tech priest.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
If course if poo poo hits the fan and I'm still in Winnipeg the winter is going to be me chained to a waxing table hot waxing suffer sticks fuuuuuuuuck.

Nobody tell Warboss I know how to pine tar wooden skis.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I look forward to seeing how alberta responds to the military possibly being deployed to assist with the corpse-hauling efforts: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/military-reservists-possible-prairie-deployment-1.5832023

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

blatman posted:

I look forward to seeing how alberta responds to the military possibly being deployed to assist with the corpse-hauling efforts: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/military-reservists-possible-prairie-deployment-1.5832023

They're going to love it. Finally some return on those federal transfer dollars!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

blatman posted:

and they mocked toronto for getting them to shovel snow

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008
https://financialpost.com/investing/fp-investigation-as-cews-flowed-in-dividends-flowed-out
1 billion in, 5 billion out! What a steal! The culprits are rather unsurprising except, at least from my perspective, Extendicare. I'm seriously confused how they convinced anyone that they'd be a good investment given their utter ball dropping? I guess 'too big to fail' really is just how it's gonna be from here on out.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

does the military just wear jungle camouflage at all times? what are they trying to accomplish

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rutibex posted:

does the military just wear jungle camouflage at all times? what are they trying to accomplish

It's "temperate woodland" and yes that's the operational uniform

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Rutibex posted:

why wouldn't you want to wear combats, they're comfy as poo poo and have pockets forever

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

flakeloaf posted:

why wouldn't you want to wear combats, they're comfy as poo poo and have pockets forever

they should have a different uniform for every season :colbert:

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

So today's the first time I've heard O'Toole speak French and :allears:..

Truly English Canada's greatest trash man.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Rutibex posted:

they should have a different uniform for every season :colbert:

Yeah lets waste even more money

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Isizzlehorn posted:

So today's the first time I've heard O'Toole speak French and :allears:..

Truly English Canada's greatest trash man.

I love this.

:byodood: ANGLO POLITICIAN DOES NOT PARLEZ FRANCAIS! :byodood:

Or

:haw: LISTEN TO ANGLO POLITICIAN ATTEMPT TO PARLEZ FRANCAIS WHATTA DOPE :haw:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

True, being poo poo at something is the first step to being less poo poo at it, but O'Toole's been a human for like 4 decades now

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah o'toole loving sucks no argument here. Just :cmon:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

True, being poo poo at something is the first step to being less poo poo at it, but O'Toole's been a human for like 4 decades now

look, it takes some of us longer than others, okay. don't judge

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

and they mocked toronto for getting them to shovel snow

to be fair shoveling snow is easier than shoveling grandma's corpse into the cremation oven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

flakeloaf posted:

what are you talking about he's clearly 65