Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Seth Rollins posted:

Taco Bell is bringing back the Double Decker Taco Supreme in honor of Shaq being in AEW
really loving insensitive to joke about something like this. some of us are still having a hard time dealing with the loss of our loved one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Tonight is the first time I watch Impact Wrestling since I turned on an episode with Fourtune almost 10 years ago.

Good job Kenny, you son of a bitch.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

One time when we were kids a friend asked Shaq for an autograph and without missing a step Shaq just picked my friend up, moved him aside, said, “not today” and kept walking. In hindsight it was hilarious.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

The Stroker Ace posted:

One time when we were kids a friend asked Shaq for an autograph and without missing a step Shaq just picked my friend up, moved him aside, said, “not today” and kept walking. In hindsight it was hilarious.

That story is way better than any autograph

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

The idea that Shaq won a title for Miami but not Cleveland is the NBA in a nutshell.

Shaq could win with D-Wade but not LeBron, that shows you who the real goat is

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

That story is way better than any autograph

Also, he was wearing an eight ball jacket but it was Magic colors.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cody intensely studying these tapes

https://youtu.be/QlrkPpuPObs

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The Stroker Ace posted:

This should be the entire match with Cody

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

A Fancy Hat posted:

Tonight is the first time I watch Impact Wrestling since I turned on an episode with Fourtune almost 10 years ago.

Good job Kenny, you son of a bitch.

God Fourtune were such a waste. They had their flaws (very bad theme) but they had the best tag team, one of the most underrated X division guys and AJ Styles. And TNA had them job to get another ECW memorial faction over

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

God Fourtune were such a waste. They had their flaws (very bad theme) but they had the best tag team, one of the most underrated X division guys and AJ Styles. And TNA had them job to get another ECW memorial faction over

Don't forget Fourtune was a part of TNA's best promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct7IWkiiWgA

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've been wondering, since last week, if I'll actually remember to watch Impact tonight and I'm still not confident it won't slip my mind.

I assume the Kenny stuff will be all of 7 minutes anyway, so if I forget I won't have much to catch up on.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It'll be a win if Impact doesn't completely gently caress up the Twitch stream line they seem to do about half the time I've tried to watch from there.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Pinche Rudo posted:

Jay lethals hand holding the microphone looks so weird

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

Think you posted the wrong link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDuNZyYAIQ&t=4s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just so everyone realizes this, you aren't supposed to watch TNA tonight. Kenny Omega is a heel. He's a heel because he worked with the stupid company no one likes. The smart babyfaces will be watching Taz and Wikipedia tonight on AEW Dark.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My plan is to not watch tna but then secretly, perhaps while wearing a disguise, watch Kenny's segment on youtube or twitch highlights

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Just so everyone realizes this, you aren't supposed to watch TNA tonight. Kenny Omega is a heel. He's a heel because he worked with the stupid company no one likes. The smart babyfaces will be watching Taz and Wikipedia tonight on AEW Dark.

:emptyquote:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Nothing IMPACT has can compare to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB2ek6WcXBk

i wasn't too sure about will's bit last week but yeah no this poo poo's loving gold

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 8, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I, for one, will watch the segment when AEW tweets it out.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

i wasn't too sure about will's bit last week but yeah no this poo poo's loving gold

I'm 52 seconds into this and it's everything i could ever want it to be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

My plan is to not watch tna but then secretly, perhaps while wearing a disguise, watch Kenny's segment on youtube or twitch highlights

What's ProtudeVniverse doing in the Impact Zone?!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

This has been an A+ week on the AEW YouTubes.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’ve never watched Sammy’s vlog before because I thought it was just him talking about Funko Pops or whatever but that was very enjoyable. Poor Fuego can’t even Tornado DDT successfully in the dream realm.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Mons Hubris posted:

I’ve never watched Sammy’s vlog before because I thought it was just him talking about Funko Pops or whatever but that was very enjoyable. Poor Fuego can’t even Tornado DDT successfully in the dream realm.

Oh yeah, it's straight up B-Side BTE. Less storylines that feed into Dynamite or Dark, of course, like Fuego's is the strongest storyline since I started watching, but still some amazing bits. Cody has been amazing since moving to the Vlog.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Is there any reason, implied or stated, that Cody has distanced himself from the a-side BTE?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

cams posted:

really loving insensitive to joke about something like this. some of us are still having a hard time dealing with the loss of our loved one.

I can't loving believe they just got rid of the grande stacker.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MassRafTer posted:

Gonna watch Impact anyway because apparently it's not too bad these days and I can always watch Dark later. :smuggo:

Memnaelar posted:

Is there any reason, implied or stated, that Cody has distanced himself from the a-side BTE?

A certain scoopsman whom we must not name claims that Cody and the Bucks/Kenny have HEEEAT, which I'm not really going to put much stock into.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

blunt posted:

I'm 52 seconds into this and it's everything i could ever want it to be.

"Oh yeah! Sex!"

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey guys what if Kenny Omega does the finger gun gesture and his finger blows up would that be hosed up or what?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
i actually miss the double decker taco

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Memnaelar posted:

I recall hearing or reading something a while back that scheduling the filming of bits is really difficult, what with so many people having jobs other than wrestling, so that could be a part of it, though it doesn't necessarily explain his presence on Sammy's vlog.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MorningMoon posted:

my god that beginning bit

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There should be big heel turns in the GDT where someone will rip off their AEW shirt and reveal an TNA shirt and then go post in that GDT

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly one of the things that works best about Sammy's vlog is that the person putting it together isn't an EVP of the company.

Like, BTE can be very funny sometimes, but it is ultimately the toy of Matt, Nick, Kenny, and on a practical level Brandon. Which means that even though it's non-canonical it's always going to be, in a way, AEW approved. It's the official unofficial youtube show.

Sammy's vlog took a while to find its feet, but it's much more grassroots in its way. A lot more of the Dark guys are featured and allowed to do their own thing. It is to AEW what BTE was to New Japan and Ring Of Honor in its early days, only more deliberately sketch comedy.

I enjoy both, but even with the presence of Cody, Sammy's has more of an outlaw feel, if that makes sense.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Vandar posted:

A certain scoopsman whom we must not name claims that Cody and the Bucks/Kenny have HEEEAT, which I'm not really going to put much stock into.

Reading the Bucks’ book, I got the impression that they all were never necessarily that close to begin with. Weirdly enough, Cody was the last EVP to get on board with AEW, which is not what I would’ve initially guessed from how the announcements and early promo material rolled out.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Honestly one of the things that works best about Sammy's vlog is that the person putting it together isn't an EVP of the company.

Like, BTE can be very funny sometimes, but it is ultimately the toy of Matt, Nick, Kenny, and on a practical level Brandon. Which means that even though it's non-canonical it's always going to be, in a way, AEW approved. It's the official unofficial youtube show.

Sammy's vlog took a while to find its feet, but it's much more grassroots in its way. A lot more of the Dark guys are featured and allowed to do their own thing. It is to AEW what BTE was to New Japan and Ring Of Honor in its early days, only more deliberately sketch comedy.

I enjoy both, but even with the presence of Cody, Sammy's has more of an outlaw feel, if that makes sense.

Hmmmm. Outlaw sounds good. Is there any mud involved?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rantmo posted:

I recall hearing or reading something a while back that scheduling the filming of bits is really difficult, what with so many people having jobs other than wrestling, so that could be a part of it, though it doesn't necessarily explain his presence on Sammy's vlog.

Sammy seems to be a lot more free-form about filming his vlog bits compared to the structure of BTE. I got the impression from hearing them filming the Dark Order segments when they were interviewing Serena after Full Gear that they write a lot of stuff ahead of time and there's a rush to get it filmed.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 8, 2020

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Its a shame private party can’t promo since they’re so likable and charismatic in taped bits.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vandar posted:

He was on an episode not that long ago as one of the guests to Dark Order’s party.

Guy is probably just busy as gently caress and doesn’t have his own personal camera monkey like the Bucks do in Brandon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Do you think there has been a discussion about who of MJF and Isiah Kassidy gets to go shirtless and air out their bicep tattoo of a lion wearing a crown.