Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chalks posted:

Also I tend to play female characters in RPGs because I just feel like artists put more effort into how they look. Playing a male wizard in an RPG is almost always a dude in a dressing gown.

This would be my self-insert.

Also playing female V because I play a male character irl and it's getting kinda old at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chalks posted:

Playing a male wizard in an RPG is almost always a dude in a dressing gown.

What's wrong with that??

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ice Phisherman posted:

I remember as a kid I and the other kids would say, "That's gay" as an insult.

Nowadays as an adult if someone says it's gay I ask "Just how gay is it?" And we're both excited. The gayer the better.

Let's not jump into discussing Jojo!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Turin Turambar posted:

Let's not jump into discussing Jojo!

shows pretty gay in a way I find really hard to describe

show good

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

GreenBuckanneer posted:

This is hilarious

i wish bullets still killed people

thanks obama :rolleyes:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cactus posted:

This would be my self-insert.

Also playing female V because I play a male character irl and it's getting kinda old at this point.

I like playing as the female character because I can't in real life

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eason the Fifth posted:

i wish bullets still killed people

thanks obama :rolleyes:

Judging by the big angry number over his head I'm guessing the enemy vastly outlevels the player

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

GreenBuckanneer posted:

:confused:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

w00tmonger posted:

shows pretty gay in a way I find really hard to describe

show good

No descriptions necessary.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Ice Phisherman posted:

Disco Elysium was a fascinating look at power progression because if you became too powerful in a skill or multiple skills, you are extremely good at that skill and you could do some crazy cool poo poo. These skills would basically talk to you in order to give you information and help shape the story in an amazing way that makes for cool different play throughs.

At the same time, if you overspecialized, you would be bombarded with nonsense that would either waste your time or sabotage you. Your skills would frequently scream at you to do extremely stupid things because you overspecialized and you could do them and you'd wonder why you did something so stupid. And while sometimes this would break in your favor, some skills would flat out tell you near the end of the game that they were always wrong and you're stupid for listening to them. So the power progression has a kind of soft cap on it where the penalty is to become bizarre and self-sabotaging, which goes against gaming as a form of unending power progression and wish fulfillment.

As for wrestling with inner demons, I don't think I've ever seen something like what Disco Elysium did before, which is a kind of narrative endboss that just loving hits you right in the gut. I remember watching a let's play of it before I bought it myself and the LP'er was struggling not to cry.

The narrative endboss being someone who you love desperately and they no longer love you back and they're leaving and there's nothing you can do that isn't desperate and futile. Also this is a dream and you're going to relive it over and over every night for a few decades in what are essentially PTSD nightmares about loss.

It's loving brutal, but also optional, thankfully. But holy poo poo does it feel like the emotional version of getting beaten up and then getting kicked by someone who knows where all your most tender spots are. Especially if you've gone through something like that before in the spoilers box.

Sweet, now i know for sure not to play that game

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

what are you confused about

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
My big problem with the ~negative~ reviews (which are mostly positive about everything except some bugs, which are reportedly not game-breaking) is that the Venn Diagram of people who are giving CP77 <80 scores "due to the bugs" and the people who were perfectly fine with the trashfire launches of other games is a perfect circle. It's just completely inconsistent, which is why people rely on personalities they trust to have fun or not, rather than relying on reviews to gauge a title. Much easier to watch your favorite twitch or youtube stars play a game you're interested in than read what GameInformer's newest 20-year old editor thinks...

Like, PCGamer gave Mass Effect: Andromeda a higher score than Cyberpunk because I guess the launch bugs in that game weren't as bad? :lol:

IGN's review of RDR2 doesn't even mention launch bugs like the horse's autopilot crashing into everything or hilarious cutscene shenanigans where players get murdered during unskippable animations, but it does fawn over shrinking horse balls. Strange how some bugs warrant a point reduction and some don't even get mentioned.
:thunk:

The Last Call posted:

Got from the reddit:

Last night finished pre-load of 102 GB for Playstation digital version, this morning got a download of a 28 GB patch and now shows game as version 1.02.

Version 1.02

Various Stability improvements

Various performance improvements

Critical progression and gameplay issues addressed

Total game size in storage shows as 102 GB

Edit: GOG PC version just received 28MB update (yes, MB not GB)

:popeye:

My GoG install is 59Gb...

Six AM posted:

Sweet, now i know for sure not to play that game

My first DE playthrough lasted 5 minutes and I was killed by a ceiling fan. Game is good, Brant...

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Also because past experience tells me that female voice actors are better than their male counterparts like 90% of the time.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone know when the streaming embargo is lifted?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I like playing as a female because I want to be one.

I'm not gay or trans or anything I just think it would be fun to be girly and have cute hair and clothes and stuff sometimes.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ymgve posted:

in roughly 29 hours

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

My first DE playthrough lasted 5 minutes and I was killed by a ceiling fan. Game is good, Brant...

My tie talked to me and I wore it despite other ties giving me better stat boosts.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

ymgve posted:

probably on launch, which is IN ROUGHLY 28 HOURS :holy:

e:f,b

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i play lady characters cause they usually have better voice acting, and i have a daughter that plays games and sometimes plays my wow account so she gets to bomb around on high level girl characters and it makes her happy.

she also dresses them and i get in poo poo if i change the gear on them in any game

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ice Phisherman posted:

My tie talked to me and I wore it despite other ties giving me better stat boosts.

That seems very disco, tbqh. :hmmyes:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

ever see Eddie Izard's stand up? you totally can

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Xachariah posted:

I'm not gay or trans or anything I just think it would be fun to be girly and have cute hair and clothes and stuff sometimes.

:hmmyes:

being a dude has its perks too tho so i'll probably just stick with that

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

That seems very disco, tbqh. :hmmyes:

It was extremely disco.

The other ties? Certainly not disco.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Xachariah posted:

You actually are trans if this post is serious.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Chalks posted:

Playing a male wizard in an RPG is almost always a dude in a dressing gown.

Let me tell you about the first tabletop RPG I owned. It was called Ars Magica...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

My big problem with the ~negative~ reviews (which are mostly positive about everything except some bugs, which are reportedly not game-breaking) is that the Venn Diagram of people who are giving CP77 <80 scores "due to the bugs" and the people who were perfectly fine with the trashfire launches of other games is a perfect circle. It's just completely inconsistent, which is why people rely on personalities they trust to have fun or not, rather than relying on reviews to gauge a title. Much easier to watch your favorite twitch or youtube stars play a game you're interested in than read what GameInformer's newest 20-year old editor thinks...

Like, PCGamer gave Mass Effect: Andromeda a higher score than Cyberpunk because I guess the launch bugs in that game weren't as bad? :lol:

IGN's review of RDR2 doesn't even mention launch bugs like the horse's autopilot crashing into everything or hilarious cutscene shenanigans where players get murdered during unskippable animations, but it does fawn over shrinking horse balls. Strange how some bugs warrant a point reduction and some don't even get mentioned.

It's for clicks. The gaming industry is so loving weird with the way they review things. You'd think by now people would stop giving a poo poo what number these crap factories give to things but nope every time we line up for more.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

TheRat posted:

in roughly 29 hours

Nah, Cohh is streaming tomorrow, so I wonder if he's starting just as the embargo expires, or if there are other streamers that start before that

https://twitter.com/CohhCarnage/status/1334228202399653901

edit: Found it, seems to be that time for everyone:

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1334199901593464832

ymgve fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 8, 2020

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

:popeye:

My GoG install is 59Gb...

The game has a 91 on metacritic what are you talking about

Although maybe it would be lower if they actually let reviewers play the console version.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Why can't you present as feminine in real life? What's stopping you?

Do you folks not know there's such a thing as bigender? I present as masculine or feminine for days or weeks at a time and change whenever I want to. Not all trans people are the same and gender euphoria is a real thing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Nah, Cohh is streaming tomorrow, so I wonder if he's starting just as the embargo expires, or if there are other streamers that start before that

https://twitter.com/CohhCarnage/status/1334228202399653901

they put him in their game and made homie wear a trash bag

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Simone Magus posted:

Men can be fem too, normalize men wearing frilly dresses

Trans is a little bit more than just that

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

cdpr respond to the seizure thing at all? only legit complaint Id like to see touched on really

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Zaphod42 posted:

Men can be fem too, normalize men wearing frilly dresses

Trans is a little bit more than just that

Cool, a cis guy telling a trans person what is and isn't trans

Lol great thread

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

cyberpunk

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Simone Magus posted:

Lol great thread

Don't force a label on someone just because of the clothes they wear, k?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

cdpr respond to the seizure thing at all? only legit complaint Id like to see touched on really

I would hope/expect/assume they're waiting to say something until they can confirm whether and to what extent it can be patched before tomorrow.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Simone Magus posted:

Lol great thread

It got real weird real quick in here.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
"I like playing as a female because I want to be one"

If you're not female and you want to be, you literally are trans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

Naaaah I'm a manly man, it would just be nice to have cute clothes and hair and play dress-up sometimes OKAY?!

Beardy men deserve to feel like princesses too.