Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Two filler episodes in a row? What is this, Battlestar Galactica?

e: Seriously, this is like one step above the cake is a lie.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Dec 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Two filler episodes in a row? What is this, Battlestar Galactica?

make it so

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Did not see this twist coming! :rimshot:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gently caressing yeah Chintu!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

As much as I'd like to take a whiff of mount Weeduvius there we got to do something about that mutant cathulu tomato!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Paladinus posted:

Plim plom, lmao.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-linguistic_onomatopoeias

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGKFOAeqxK8&t=20s

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Amazing that "nom nom nom" from the memes is actually just how most of the world hears chewing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Amazing that "nom nom nom" from the memes is actually just how most of the world hears chewing.

I hate that idiot hell fuckers in the past decade or two have started pronouncing it /nom/ instead of /nam/ (I'm not going to find the correct symbols, you get it or you don't) because of the Internet, basically. Even in non-Anglophone countries.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lmao

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard
Isn't nom nom a thing because it is what Cookie Monster's puppeteer has said for the past 50 years when he eats cookies, or the letter A, or the concept of Division? I mean pretty sure anyone who grew up with that show (all of the USA under the age of 50) says it more as a reference to that then as the sound they think chewing actually makes.

I mean other parts of the world might know it because it's ubiquitous in memes but the reason it got a hold in memes in the US is because of Sesame Street.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lap-Lem posted:

Isn't nom nom a thing because it is what Cookie Monster's puppeteer has said for the past 50 years when he eats cookies, or the letter A, or the concept of Division? I mean pretty sure anyone who grew up with that show (all of the USA under the age of 50) says it more as a reference to that then as the sound they think chewing actually makes.

Yeah but Cookie Monster quite clearly says /nam/ instead of /nom/. The reason people are saying it as /nom/ now is because of the Internet, where they've seen it transcribed (due to English orthography being a joke and American orthography being a crime) as "om nom nom", and being extremely stupid, thought that means it has an o sound in it somewhere. I hate them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OKGUAbpj5k

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
It is clearly pronounced "nom"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Definetly SFW oglaf

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Objectively speaking, Afrikaans (and to a slightly lesser extent Dutch) onomatopoeias are the funniest. loving koekeloekoe and kwaak.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

In the future, taking care of yourself is considered uncool, so now he's way behind the game

I am a Good Friend, You Jerk!

Rudy! Put down that axe

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Truly impressed at how many ways the Basques represent farting.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yoshi Wins posted:

Truly impressed at how many ways the Basques represent farting.

I'm assuming about 100% of these were contributed by a deaf, mute, illiterate 13-year-old from Minnesota who never learned any language, who thought they were helping. Like most of Wiki*

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

No way. I'm gonna memorize all of these, and when I go on Jeopardy, I'm gonna run the "Basque Fart Noises" category.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'll take Mighty Miasmas for $600

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Same, Wikipedia. Same.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I can't believe Mr. Leatherprune died with an ahegao face

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

gently caress you B.T.

Even Santa hates Charlie Brown.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Dec 8, 2020

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
No one makes friends playing Mario kart.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Please stop digging through my post history

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah but Cookie Monster quite clearly says /nam/ instead of /nom/. The reason people are saying it as /nom/ now is because of the Internet, where they've seen it transcribed (due to English orthography being a joke and American orthography being a crime) as "om nom nom", and being extremely stupid, thought that means it has an o sound in it somewhere. I hate them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OKGUAbpj5k

I have a toddler, so I know this. There is an episode (4908) where chance the rapper gets cast as cookie monster in a thing elmo is doing. Cookie monster is a waiter. Cookie monster tells him several times its om nom nom, because chance keeps goofing up.

TyrsHTML has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Dec 9, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm not surprised people come up with a ridiculous amounts of words for farting. It's fun and funny.

Australians have more words for being drunk than I can count, and more every day.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I looked up "painfully unfunny comics" instead of just posting "These ghost comics are painfully unfunny", have at it:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Grendels Dad posted:

I looked up "painfully unfunny comics" instead of just posting "These ghost comics are painfully unfunny", have at it:

I don’t think it’s really trying to be funny. I’ve got over 300 more to post

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ziv Zulander posted:

I don’t think it’s really trying to be funny. I’ve got over 300 more to post

I keep forgetting that the thread isn't actually for funny comics only, my apologies.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Depressed nihilist ghost is my spirit animal. Also holy poo poo I can't get enough of Abbeycourt Manor. The transylvania twist joke was weak, but otherwise it's loving top notch.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Grendels Dad posted:

James Breakwell married her own website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Paladinus posted:

James Breakwell married her own website?

its the future liberals wanted