Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MorningMoon posted:

Nothing IMPACT has can compare to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB2ek6WcXBk

i wasn't too sure about will's bit last week but yeah no this poo poo's loving gold

ahahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

tao of lmao posted:

Its a shame private party can’t promo since they’re so likable and charismatic in taped bits.

It's a learnable skill and I feel like they're getting better. Just let them do it more and work out the rough edges. It feels like Marq has it but Isiah still needs to work on it. As with anything else, what people need is a safe place to be bad at something while they work out the kinks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

i actually miss the double decker taco
it was by far my favorite taco bell menu item. been eating it since they first came around.

rip to a real one

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/aewgames/status/1336390945567354880?s=21

Worth noting that if there’s ever another live action Street Fighter movie Miro would make a pretty perfect Zangief

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

"Oh yeah! Sex!"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Does anyone else’s brain refuse to accept that last week’s Dynamite was a TV ep and not a PPV?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

Does anyone else’s brain refuse to accept that last week’s Dynamite was a TV ep and not a PPV?

Maybe because I thought yesterday "Oh I never updated the champions in the OP" and then realized I did that when I posted the new thread.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

Nah, the commercials were a dead giveaway

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I don’t remember any of the commercials

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Crying at the entire minute man skit

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1336409657141645312

cams
Mar 28, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

nah the commercials and time constraints made the main event a mediocre affair, so i was actively aware it was not a ppv

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

cams posted:

it was by far my favorite taco bell menu item. been eating it since they first came around.

rip to a real one

For me its the loss of shredded chicken and potatoes. Id have a burrito or the salad and compliment it with a spicy potato taco or the shredded chicken melt. :smith:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The kids love Sting.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

cams posted:

rip to a real one

Same.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

The kids love Sting.

The Little Stingers never die. :unsmith:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Big Biceps Tony can basically name his price for having the biggest piece of the ever-shrinking 18-49 demographic pie, no?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cavauro posted:

impact is a breviceps. the wrestling shows are frog

Rain frogs own

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MorningMoon posted:

Nothing IMPACT has can compare to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB2ek6WcXBk

i wasn't too sure about will's bit last week but yeah no this poo poo's loving gold

Oh MY

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Wow, TNA got Kenny AND Team Taz?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Taz used to do commentary for TNA :tinfoil:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

wait a second... hold on... tna used to employ cm punk... and kazuchika okada...

punk/okada confirmed for revolution 2021!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

You'd think reddit would like AEW more, it's so good at attracting young people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reddit does like AEW so your bad joke is also wrong!!!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I also like AEW

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hosed Up

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

AEW wants STING to fight in the ring per Fightful.

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1336401294416773120?s=20

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wow, I'll be damned I do have Access TV on my cable package. I literally never even saw this channel in the lineup before lol.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I feel like if it's a NJPW Dads undercard multiman style match where he does some Stinger Splashes and stuff it should be okay.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
sting will be in the AEW vs Impact blood & guts match (BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON????)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'd expect Sting to do things in the ring at some point, but not take many bumps, if any.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, I imagine Sting will do at least a couple of tag matches with Cody or Darby or something.

That article states:

Fightful posted:

According to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, there are plans for Sting to have a match in AEW. Specifics of what the match could be were not revealed but Barrasso notes cinematic matches and tag team matches are a possibility.

Emphasis mine. I wonder if they actually stick to one match or not, or if it's just this person's way of wording things.

Either way, I'm not too worried about it. Their track record with old dudes is pretty good so far. The DDP stuff was not very good at all but it was also extremely short-lived so it's not really a big stain on them or anything.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Sir Tonk posted:

i actually miss the double decker taco

i miss it a lot too

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm fine with sting getting a match or two so that his last in-ring stuff wasn't the awful poo poo he went through in his time briefly at wwe

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

They put him in the wrestler section of their roster with a record and everything, so this isn’t a particularly hard conclusion to arrive at. They all but announced a six man in the context of his debut.

Also, the worst part of the DDP match was MJF’s “lol I’m gonna BANG your daughter” schtick, so 1) DDP can count that as a win and 2) it makes me trust them booking around Sting’s limitations.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Whatever it is, it'll be way better than getting buried and his neck broken by Seth fuckin Rollins

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Stings last match needs to be against someone who can take up the mantle, and the face paint of Sting. Carry on his legacy.

I'm thinking it's gotta be :wardlow:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can easily see Sting in a not-WarGames match.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I feel like a cinematic match would work to Sting's character strengths and age, so I hope they go that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope sting doesn't have a horrific injury that affects his quality of life, but i expect that he will if he wrestles more matches. hopefully they bring back the double decker taco