Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

jimmychoo posted:

If you're still willing, I'd love to grab it and exchange something in return that you might need or want!

Can we post friend/Dodo codes in this thread or do we move to PGS?

I'm on right now. I don't need a return. Easiest way is for you to just open your island and tell me where to drop it. Don't really need to pgs.

edit: sorry looks like I missed you by a few hours, I'll check this thread time to time tomorrow, maybe we'll catch each other or you can give me a time.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yet another late night southern hemisphere first-come-first-serve art offer, this time a Sinking Painting remains at Redd's. If you feel like hanging around and/or come too late, it's shark season down here.

Dodo Code: closed,let Ophelia's corpse brighten your island.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 8, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

A good little frog named Prince is in boxes today on Fiorina. Fair warning: he’s adorable. He’s smaller than ever other character, his house looks like an outdoor campsite, and he Naruto runs everywhere he goes.

Come get this handsome boy today before he disappears into the Void.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
My girlfriend got a Switch Lite recently and wants to move the island we have on my console to that (she is the primary resident so I’m fine with that). I’ve checked online and can’t seem to find a definitive answer, but if we move that island to a new Switch, am I able to move my player back to the original Switch and start a new island or would I be starting from scratch?

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Redd is here. Code will be in the other thread.

Wistful - fake
Basic - fake
Famous - looks real
Scary - fake

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

My new lion is all moved in. I'm not too keen on his house, it looks like an art gallery lobby or something. Might have to gift him some more comfortable furniture if he ends up staying around.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Action Serious posted:

My girlfriend got a Switch Lite recently and wants to move the island we have on my console to that (she is the primary resident so I’m fine with that). I’ve checked online and can’t seem to find a definitive answer, but if we move that island to a new Switch, am I able to move my player back to the original Switch and start a new island or would I be starting from scratch?

As far as I know, your island is locked to the console, so your girlfriend will have to start over, and so will you if you want to be a primary resident.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Action Serious posted:

Based on https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53668/~/how-to-transfer-animal-crossing%3A-new-horizons-save-data, I think that should work with the transfer tool? I've transferred my island so her moving to the Switch Lite should work without issues. But I didn't have any other residents on my island so I don't know if you'll get pulled along so that you can transfer yourself after.

The support article posted:

Use this feature if you wish to transfer just one resident to a new Nintendo Switch system. The resident, the resident’s home, and most items held by the resident and kept in storage will be transferred to an island on the new Nintendo Switch system. The island resident representative cannot be transferred.

This feature is helpful when just one player wants to continue playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons on a new Nintendo Switch or when multiple residents other than the island resident representative will be using the new Nintendo Switch. The transferred player(s) will move to a new island with new animals, so any island progress and animal neighbors will remain on the original Nintendo Switch system.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Nessa posted:

As far as I know, your island is locked to the console, so your girlfriend will have to start over, and so will you if you want to be a primary resident.

Not anymore, they added save data transfer in the latest patch. You can transfer the whole island or a non-primary player to a different Switch. So in their situation they ought to be able to transfer the island to her Switch Lite, then transfer his player back to the original Switch. The original save will have been deleted in the transfer, so he’ll start a new island from the beginning but retain stuff like his Critterpedia and DIYs.

Action Serious, as far as I can tell your plan ought to work just fine. I’m reluctant to speak authoritatively though because I can’t find any examples of that exact scenario either.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

runchild posted:

Not anymore, they added save data transfer in the latest patch. You can transfer the whole island or a non-primary player to a different Switch. So in their situation they ought to be able to transfer the island to her Switch Lite, then transfer his player back to the original Switch. The original save will have been deleted in the transfer, so he’ll start a new island from the beginning but retain stuff like his Critterpedia and DIYs.

Action Serious, as far as I can tell your plan ought to work just fine. I’m reluctant to speak authoritatively though because I can’t find any examples of that exact scenario either.

Oh nice! I didn’t know they added that!

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Going to give it a try later this afternoon, I’ll report back with results! Thanks.

Update: Everything worked out and only took a few minutes. Moved the entire island where she was the island rep to a new switch and then sent my player back to my original switch and started a new island (carrying over my house, pockets, miles, bells and all) as the island rep. As a bonus I have oranges instead of cherries finally.

Action Serious fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 8, 2020

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Action Serious posted:

They recently released a tool to help with this situation!

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2020/learn-about-the-new-save-data-transfer-feature-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons/

The bottom of that will link you to an interactive flowchart thing to walk you through the process

E:fb

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can you get two of the same villager? I want an entire village of Sherbs :3:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

UltraRed posted:

No. :sigh:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

UltraRed posted:

I wish, the world could use more Tiffanies

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Dobie, I love you dearly, but you really need to stop getting into fights with the others. This is the third in two days. I don't even know how you managed to fight with Flurry. You're gonna run out of bells for I'm-sorry presents.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Black Robe posted:

Dobie, I love you dearly, but you really need to stop getting into fights with the others. This is the third in two days. I don't even know how you managed to fight with Flurry. You're gonna run out of bells for I'm-sorry presents.

My smugs constantly have to send apology gifts for prank wars and they're almost exclusively directed toward Savannah. I have had to deliver at LEAST six apology gifts to her between Raymond and Graham.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I no longer agree to deliver the apology gifts. My villagers have poo poo taste and will ruin each other's houses or wardrobes with terrible presents.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I caught all the fishes yesterday!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I accidentally gave Coco a copy of the exact dress she was already wearing. She was *stoked* though so I guess hollow-headed monstrosity rabbits are easy-going about clothes.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Violet_Sky posted:

I caught all the fishes yesterday!

Congrats, that's pretty great. Now to get all the fish statuettes made!

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer

Chronojam posted:

Congrats, that's pretty great. Now to get all the fish statuettes made!
Which will make you curse the barreleye, stringfish, coelacanth, and pier fish, and scratch your head at the smallness of the saw shark.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Door Frame posted:

I wish, the world could use more Tiffanies

9 Poppys and one Joey. My dream island.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Fistful of Silence posted:

Which will make you curse the barreleye, stringfish, coelacanth, and pier fish, and scratch your head at the smallness of the saw shark. whale shark

I was so disappointed with the whale shark statue. I can't believe that I wasted so many potential bells for a 2x1 miniature when all of the other fish statues I commissioned until then had been the same size that the fish are when you show them off

I did completely snooze on the bug statues though, visiting your guys' islands has shown me that I need to pay more attention to Flick than CJ

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I got Flo's photo earlier, which I've now displayed in my house. What does it mean when a villager gives you their photo?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rageaholic posted:

I got Flo's photo earlier, which I've now displayed in my house. What does it mean when a villager gives you their photo?

It's the ultimate gift from a villager! Once you reach a certain threshold of friendship, they have a chance of giving it to you. Think of it as them saying that they love you!

For us it means it's time to CYCLE THEM OUT

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Poque posted:

It's the ultimate gift from a villager! Once you reach a certain threshold of friendship, they have a chance of giving it to you. Think of it as them saying that they love you!

For us it means it's time to CYCLE THEM OUT
lmao She's been with me since the beginning (or close to it, at least) and I like her so I'm gonna hold onto her.

Now Ike, I got him a week or 2 ago and I'm not thrilled with him. If he decides to move out, no big loss.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

The Door Frame posted:

I was so disappointed with the whale shark statue. I can't believe that I wasted so many potential bells for a 2x1 miniature when all of the other fish statues I commissioned until then had been the same size that the fish are when you show them off

I did completely snooze on the bug statues though, visiting your guys' islands has shown me that I need to pay more attention to Flick than CJ
IMO it's kind of disappointing that none of the big fish get giant statues, considering there's six different bugs which get gigantic statues because Flick loves them so much.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't think I've experienced more disappointment than I have giving CJ 3 snapping turtles.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Does anyone else create backstories for their villagers in their heads? Because I sure do.

I’ve decided Admiral recently moved to my island after the death of his wife, and now he and Audie are slowly falling in love with each other.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

TL posted:

Does anyone else create backstories for their villagers in their heads? Because I sure do.

I’ve decided Admiral recently moved to my island after the death of his wife, and now he and Audie are slowly falling in love with each other.

oh of course

Coco was created by her 'parents' after their natural rabbit child passed using her ashes. She's going from island to island trying to understand the world, since she doesn't quite understand how the world works. She's very inquisitive, but has trouble making friends because of her appearance, but the villagers slowly warm up to her.

The common interpretation is that Eugene is a cop, but I find that super boring. Instead, Eugene is a guy who plays at the hip-swinging cat lifestyle, but it's all skin deep. Deep down he's a dork who loves crime dramas

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 9, 2020

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

TL posted:

Kabuki is a cop. And he is also Santa.

Santa Cop.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I don’t think I can ever get rid of crackle, Cobb or kitty. Crackle owns

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre

Flubby posted:

maybe we'll catch each other or you can give me a time.

yes i’m around! let me know if you are tonight

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

jimmychoo posted:

yes i’m around! let me know if you are tonight

I'm on right now. Throw me a code? or I can, up to you.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Anyone got a spare cherry bonzai or three? Lemme know what you want.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre

Flubby posted:

Throw me a code

3Q10G ! mucho excited

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

jimmychoo posted:

3Q10G ! mucho excited

It's in front of Nook's.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre
forever in your debt :3 thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

pech posted:

I don’t think I can ever get rid of crackle, Cobb or kitty. Crackle owns
Cobb is one of the characters who I specifically went out of my way to get an amiibo card of. (Mostly because he's unpopular and therefore it only cost like $3) Even if I'm not super fond of the jock dialogue in this game, I gotta keep him around! I had him back in ye olde gamecube days alongside Lobo, and I made sure to get both of them as neighbors on my island here. They're buds for life.