Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It must have been in some absolute shite state

Well 343 is working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I care about Halo a lot and oooof. Still, better late than crap, and I have good feelings towards Staten.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

If they can make it look more like the renders here then it'll be a year well-delayed, imo. Is there even going to be a lot of slack in the hardware chain much before then?

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1336456344690417665

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It must have been in some absolute shite state

Yes, it was a video game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Games on other consoles actually aren’t bad. Shocking I know.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“Because Halo Infinite in the Fall of 2021… is just the beginning of the adventure.”

Oh no no no

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Games on other consoles actually aren’t bad. Shocking I know.

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cyberpunk didn't even get that much of a delay from its first announced release date, to put that into perspective.

Still tbd if Halo: Infinite will kill as many people as Cyberpunk will (they hosed up impressively badly with an epilepsy thing).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

More games should kill people for real, it would be very exciting

If Elden ring has a for real death mode it’s gonna be class

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

univbee posted:

Cyberpunk didn't even get that much of a delay from its first announced release date, to put that into perspective.

Still tbd if Halo: Infinite will kill as many people as Cyberpunk will (they hosed up impressively badly with an epilepsy thing).

To be fair Cyberpunk should probably be delayed some more.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nintendo hosed up impressively badly with that touch fuzzy get dizzy thing.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

univbee posted:

It's also interesting to note that Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in 2012. Halo 4 and Halo 5 were both released since that first announcement.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Halo Infinite is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Halo Heroes!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chief’s new AI pal will have a small floating body of it’s own and will also act as the game’s primary respawn mechanic

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Holy poo poo. With a delay like that I hope they are rescoping the project to SeriesS/X exclusive. Time to leave the bone behind.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

American McGay posted:

Nintendo hosed up impressively badly with that touch fuzzy get dizzy thing.

That wasn't one of the epilepsy things was it?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Holy poo poo. With a delay like that I hope they are rescoping the project to SeriesS/X exclusive. Time to leave the bone behind.

I have bad news, 2021 is still the year they are going to support the bone.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Halo Infinite is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Halo Heroes!

Yep.

Can’t wait to play halo br and it’s mobile companion sometime in 2022.

I’m the rear end in a top hat that was actually looking forward to halo infinite mp because I originally thought it was going to be floaty space man DM and CTF for some stupid reason. I hadn’t payed any attention to what MS has done with the franchise since bungle left. Lol. Whoops!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Halo is so lame. The suit doesnt even jack him off

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Happy Hedonist posted:

Yep.

Can’t wait to play halo br and it’s mobile companion sometime in 2022.

I’m the rear end in a top hat that was actually looking forward to halo infinite mp because I originally thought it was going to be floaty space man DM and CTF for some stupid reason. I hadn’t payed any attention to what MS has done with the franchise since bungle left. Lol. Whoops!

If you want floaty space man DM, Destiny is right there and has that Bungie feel.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

If you want floaty space man DM, Destiny is right there and has that Bungie feel.

I legit tried but it is a confusing mess for new players atm. I had absolutely no idea what was going on or what I should have been working towards.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Happy Hedonist posted:

Get MCC, I’ve been playing it everyday for the last month. Can almost hold my own now.

Destiny feels a lot better with the new patch, previously at 30fps it was awful. HDR in destiny is not working at all for me tho, stuff is wayyy too dark with it on. Have to set it off to see anything that’s slightly dark.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Crafty posted:

Get MCC, I’ve been playing it everyday for the last month. Can almost hold my own now.

Destiny feels a lot better with the new patch, previously at 30fps it was awful. HDR in destiny is not working at all for me tho, stuff is wayyy too dark with it on. Have to set it off to see anything that’s slightly dark.

Lolol yep HDR in destiny 2 is STILL hosed Jesus Christ. It really is unplayable since anything in a shadow is completely gone.

The dark looks super nice at 60fps at least!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Celexi posted:

I have bad news, 2021 is still the year they are going to support the bone.

Yeah there’s no way, also I realized fall 2021 isn’t far off enough to start over with a new engine or anything.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Happy Hedonist posted:

I legit tried but it is a confusing mess for new players atm. I had absolutely no idea what was going on or what I should have been working towards.

I am a reluctant (my brother likes it and wants to play with someone) returning player and I couldnt figure out what the gently caress was going on.

I had several unskippable cutscenes for the incredibly loving bad story I do not give a single gently caress about, followed by getting dumped into a mission that I was not equipped for (I was level 900, min level for the forced mission was 1050) and that didnt resolve until I equipped a new weapon.

I also go hit with 500 tool tips about incredibly dumb, unimportant poo poo about such useful information to a new player like 'you can now set your emotes at any time! do these steps NOW while you're playing this mission that we dumped you into and you aren't at the req'd level to beat' and 'did you know you can change the skin on your ghost for basically no reason? again this important to understand right NOW' and a million others about retrieving and tracking quests.

I played destiny 1 and its expansions. I played some of Destiny 2 at release. you know I did, bungie. you retrieved my character for me.

Destiny is one of those games that is only really enjoyable when its the only game you play. its so insanely complex and there is so much MMO busy-work in it that anyone who only has an hour or so a day to play games is going to be turned off.

that, and the multiplayer aspect was laggy as hell for a modern game. like not even region-filtered match making bad.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Crafty posted:

Heck yea, that was the first thing I downloaded on our new series x. Me and my son have played a ton of co-op and I've messed around with the MP but am absolutely horrible at it. I play at weird times though and there isn't always a ton of people playing, which sucks.

I just like big slow floaty space man FPS games, they are fun.

Laserface posted:

I am a reluctant (my brother likes it and wants to play with someone) returning player and I couldnt figure out what the gently caress was going on.

I had several unskippable cutscenes for the incredibly loving bad story I do not give a single gently caress about, followed by getting dumped into a mission that I was not equipped for (I was level 900, min level for the forced mission was 1050) and that didnt resolve until I equipped a new weapon.

I also go hit with 500 tool tips about incredibly dumb, unimportant poo poo about such useful information to a new player like 'you can now set your emotes at any time! do these steps NOW while you're playing this mission that we dumped you into and you aren't at the req'd level to beat' and 'did you know you can change the skin on your ghost for basically no reason? again this important to understand right NOW' and a million others about retrieving and tracking quests.

lmao this is my exact experience. Honestly, it looks and feels fun as hell, but I ain't got the time or patience right now in 2020.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

My main issue with destiny is I don't know where a mission/quest begins and ends. You can spend hours in a loop without doing anything. It feels like a digital treadmill.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
You’ve cracked the code.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It is a digital treadmill.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Wtf why did no one tell me Apple TV app is on xbox now? Are any of the shows good?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Absolutely not.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Absolutely not.

Yeah I remember getting like a six month trial, but if you canceled it, you lost it right away. I canceled it within a week rather then accidentally have it converted to a paid sub.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I hear some things about Ted lasso.

It's all about hbo max though. Just found out they got Nathan for you, so I'm set for life, sad but true.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

I hear some things about Ted lasso.

It's all about hbo max though. Just found out they got Nathan for you, so I'm set for life, sad but true.

Pro tip watch Citizen X. It’s a shame they don’t have By Dawns Early Light up, even though in HD version was floating around from some stores a few years ago. Both fantastic movies with great casts.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Laserface posted:

I played destiny 1 and its expansions. I played some of Destiny 2 at release. you know I did, bungie. you retrieved my character for me.

Destiny is one of those games that is only really enjoyable when its the only game you play. its so insanely complex and there is so much MMO busy-work in it that anyone who only has an hour or so a day to play games is going to be turned off.

that, and the multiplayer aspect was laggy as hell for a modern game. like not even region-filtered match making bad.

These exact reasons are why I am loving giving up on the franchise.

It's not a bad game but it is almost no room to play anything else if you seriously want to keep up with destiny. I kept up with it in the original release, all the original dlc, destiny 2, that dlc and even put in dozens of hours on forsaken then one day I realized the game doesn't really respect my free time and I was like 'why am I still trying to climb this virtual treadmill' for these scraps of story.

The raids loving own and are almost worth all the effort putting up with it. But I just can't commit as hard to one game like destiny wants me to.

If they actually change it with destiny 3 or something, okay I'll probably give it a try but with how they've announced the next two years plus this year begins with beyond light all on the same destiny 2 base game... Yeah the franchise is just not for me anymore.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah I fired up the latest expansion and it dumped me straight into a mission where enemies were one shotting me and I had I had to google to find out for whatever reason if you didn't play in a while it randomly unequips your stuff so I was missing a secondary gun.

Then the mission bugged out and wouldn't progress so I quit.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I know you’re probated right now, but check your PM’s if you can.

The problem seems to be that rewards is sending out promotional codes for new GPU customers instead of codes to add months. I got it resolved but it took some phone calls and it’s a relatively new problem.
Who did you call? I had that problem today and I sent in a tech support request but haven't heard anything back from them.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Nuts and Gum posted:

Wtf why did no one tell me Apple TV app is on xbox now? Are any of the shows good?

Tehran is okay if you like watching spies loving up, but apple tv+ has almost no content.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

So uhhh do you guys know about the game pass deal?

You can upgrade up to 36 months of Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 with the 3 month $1 trial deal. It converts all of your existing xbox live sub to game pass ultimate up to 36 months.

I just spent $150 to get 36 months of xbox live gold, and when I signed up for the game pass trial, it upgraded my subscription for the full 36 months. Instead of paying $14.99 a month, I now have 36 months of game pass ultimate for a total of $150.

Costco has 24 month sub to xbox live gold for $95 and 12 months for $55.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Lammasu posted:

Who did you call? I had that problem today and I sent in a tech support request but haven't heard anything back from them.

I went through Xbox support and got it to give me the option of having them call me. Automated/email support is worthless with this because the problem is a couple days old and the rewards division hasn’t caught enough poo poo for sending out the wrong codes yet.

I’ll pm you what you’ll need.