Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm working from home through June now. I don't miss the time or money spent on commutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Employers should pay you your wage while commuting, like, you're not travelling for fun, it's for work and therefore it is work. Enforcing this would also motivate companies to allow people to WFM whenever possible.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/GilvaSunner/status/1336246347423494144

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
At least they didn't touch siivagunna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH97oY2pZpg
gently caress nintendo, early release mario into public domain as retribution

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
lmao nintendo really is doing their best to generate as much bad will as possible aren't they

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://discoelysium.com/

???????

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Disco Elysium: The CCG

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Thank God I ripped them from youtube a year ago. A good reminder to do that for cyberpunk when it goes up tomorrow. (I bought the game).

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Aren't they making a TV show? Could be some announcement on that.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

can we now put this in the OP of every big game that comes out? Because I think it about covers everyone in these forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHK40lDP1xg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Old Game was pretty fire...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm gonna cherrypick things out of context, like the game causing life-threatening seizures to people without warning

Weedle
May 31, 2006

does anyone else think kiryu kind of looks like a human version of sonic the hedgehog? it’s the spiky hair and furrowed brow of course but he also just has some sort of ineffable sonic-esque quality

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

did nintendo get a management change or something recently, they've been more pettily litigious than usual

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Got the humble thing for One Step From Eden and I've unlocked like five characters and one alt form for the default and I don't know why everyone except for the default character seems so awful. I can consistently get to world like 6-7 but on any other character I want quit after like the first world

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oxxidation posted:

did nintendo get a management change or something recently, they've been more pettily litigious than usual

The gigaleak might have set them on edge now that I think about it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

SeXReX posted:

The chucklefuck is coming from inside the thread

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

LionArcher posted:

can we now put this in the OP of every big game that comes out? Because I think it about covers everyone in these forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHK40lDP1xg

This is good. I feel like this one covers the same ground in 33 seconds though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nearing the end of Control, and this game is so good. I think I will need to read up on the story and themes afterwards though because I am too stupid to understand what this game is about and is trying to say.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Nearing the end of Control, and this game is so good. I think I will need to read up on the story and themes afterwards though because I am too stupid to understand what this game is about and is trying to say.

Oh cool! By the way, how long is the game, if you don't mind me asking? I remember being quite interested in it after seeing an ad for Control a while back, but then I ended up forgetting about it for a while. Does look fun, though.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Got the humble thing for One Step From Eden and I've unlocked like five characters and one alt form for the default and I don't know why everyone except for the default character seems so awful. I can consistently get to world like 6-7 but on any other character I want quit after like the first world

every character plays pretty distinctly from the others, so you can't play or build them the same way

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I am coming into a bit of money and one thing I'm looking to get is a new graphics card. Should I just hold out until the 3070 comes back in stock or am I just getting swept up in the hype. Also I have a 6 core processor (AMD FX-6300) should I look into upgrading that too? I don't know what any of the numbers mean on these things anymore, I just want to play games good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

I am coming into a bit of money and one thing I'm looking to get is a new graphics card. Should I just hold out until the 3070 comes back in stock or am I just getting swept up in the hype. Also I have a 6 core processor (AMD FX-6300) should I look into upgrading that too? I don't know what any of the numbers mean on these things anymore, I just want to play games good.

tbh at this point it might be worth like, just waiting on the graphics card and upgrade the rest of your PC first. graphics cards are literally nonexistent right now

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Aren't they making a TV show? Could be some announcement on that.

Switch port maybe? I WILL play it again

I have about a month off from classes (have to prep and so forth) and it’s looking like I still won’t finish poo poo. My goal is to beat Yakuza and Bugsnax and play more Signs of the Sojourner in time for GOTY post though

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The 3070 has a 45% increase in performance rate over the 2070 and a 200% increase over the 970 which has been the workhorse card for the last 5 years or so. The 2060 is a 75% increase over the 970.

The 3070, unless they make an amazing new 4070 card, will be one of the best cards not only on the market, but for gaming period. They're also not horrifically expensive if you don't buy from a scalper.

I would strongly recommend, if you have the time and effort, putting the work in to get one. (This means checking twitter constantly, setting up discord alerts, and setting alarms for the millisecond they are in stock.)

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Grapplejack posted:

tbh at this point it might be worth like, just waiting on the graphics card and upgrade the rest of your PC first. graphics cards are literally nonexistent right now

That's fair. I recently upgraded my RAM, I guess I could get a better power supply? I have a 620 watt one but I think the 3070 recommends a 650w. If that's not really critical, this is kind of a new PC to me and the graphics card is the oldest part on it so I can wait a few months until they're more available.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Oh cool! By the way, how long is the game, if you don't mind me asking? I remember being quite interested in it after seeing an ad for Control a while back, but then I ended up forgetting about it for a while. Does look fun, though.

Not sure, my save file on xbox doesnt say. 10 - 15 hours? I started the game on Saturday night, so not long at all. I just finished it and it was amazing. This is absolutely one of my top favorite games now. At no point did I ever feel annoyed by anything with the gameplay or pacing. Control is close to perfect with what it was trying to achieve.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Don't say that you're going to summon the poster who is mad that it was a video game instead of a book

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why didn't they just read a bunch of Jeff VanderMeer?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Don't say that you're going to summon the poster who is mad that it was a video game instead of a book

It would be cool if it was a book, but as a video game it is extremely amazing. I wish I had played this back in 2019, it would have been my favorite game that year.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A book would be so much more affordable, I’m all for it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
got bored so decided to check out The Game awards because well they're wrong every year anyway mostly, but its fun to look back at see with the benefit of retrospect which games actually stood the test of time like how movies do when some movies win best picture and within a few years are just forgotten (or in the cases of Crash and Green Book so manifestly wrong everyone starts hating everything)

2016 is fun because it went to Overwatch and then now you have Doom 2016 which is in the poll up top for game of the decade (poll not having Bloodborne is a sin)

2014 to Dragon Age:Inquisition over Shadow of Mordor (along with Alien: Isolation and Wolfenstein: The New Order not even being nominated)

i love retrospect

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sekiro won it last year which is the only time they got it right.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game of the Year winners 2017 - 2019 were on the mark, but lol at Overwatch winning in 2016. That is just a thing. This award show is really not relevant or valid though because the internet votes. Everyone just likes this award show for the video game announcements and trailers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Sekiro won it last year which is the only time they got it right.

2018 was God of War, and 2017 was Breath of the Wild. So I mean not entirely wrong every year.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Didn't Disco Elysium win a bunch of awards too? At least they're kind of trying, that's a way better hit/miss ratio than something like the Grammies

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Could've sworn they gave it to pubg in 2017, should really do my research before posting!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

I said come in! posted:

Game of the Year winners 2017 - 2019 were on the mark, but lol at Overwatch winning in 2016. That is just a thing. This award show is really not relevant or valid though because the internet votes. Everyone just likes this award show for the video game announcements and trailers.

I thought most of the categories were determined by games press people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I thought most of the categories were determined by games press people.

Ooh wait, I think you're right. That's not any better though. If anything just as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Didn't Disco Elysium win a bunch of awards too? At least they're kind of trying, that's a way better hit/miss ratio than something like the Grammies

The grammies have been getting it wrong for 60 years. Hell they can't even get out of the nominee phase without loving up - the best album of 2020 is Fiona Apple's Fetch the Bolt Cutters by all metrics and it isn't up for Album of the Year but Coldplay is. Its like they aren't even capable of succeeding.