Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

McNally posted:

Trump gave someone the Medal of Freedom yesterday.

He then got bored and wandered out of the room in the middle of the ceremony.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/watch-trump-walk-out-of-medal-of-freedom-ceremony.html

The vid is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/KevinlyFather/status/1336099660314755072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Woofer posted:

She’s got my vote and when she inevitably has legal fees to pay she’s got my donation.

I'd, uh, wait on that one.

https://news.wjct.org/post/criminal-stalking-case-against-fired-fla-health-data-scientist-drag-august

quote:

A misdemeanor criminal stalking case against the self-described whistleblower at the center of a politically charged dispute over Florida’s COVID-19 disclosures will continue into August, a circuit judge in Tallahassee ruled Wednesday.

Rebekah Jones, 30, was charged in July 2019 with stalking a former boyfriend – long before the pandemic that catapulted her into headlines and television interviews. Police said she published a 68-page document online discussing private details of her relationship with her former boyfriend, including explicit texts and nude photographs, and shared the link with him.

The two had sex in a classroom in 2017 when Jones was his married professor at Florida State University, the man told police. She was fired from the university after threatening to give a failing grade to his roommate as revenge, he said. Jones said the two had a six-month affair until October 2017, and the man is the father of her daughter born in July 2018.

According to police, Jones wrote in emails to the man, “You’re going to be famous. We’re going to destroy each other. This is never going to end.”Jones was separately also charged with sexual cyber-harassment and cyber-stalking in the same incident, but prosecutors dropped those charges weeks later.

Jones was also previously charged in March 2018 with felony robbery, trespass and contempt of court for violating a domestic violence injunction in cases involving the same ex-boyfriend, but prosecutors also dropped those charges. She was separately accused of kicking the door of the man’s SUV in October 2017, but prosecutors also dropped that case.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

he walked off because someone asked a question

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

oh god dammit

this is why we can't have nice things

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hahahahaha

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Can't really tell if that's a net loss or gain for the guy getting honored.

Biden should invite him back for something more substantial. Seems like easy points to score with wherever he's from

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

So, I was reading somewhere that the guy got the medal of freedom for being a good wrestler or something, and trump asked him "do you think I could take you?", to which he replied "no chance", and that's where that video starts.

That's what I read anyway, don't know if it's true.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

2020 gonna 2020

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/432468/four-lions-being-treated-for-covid-19-at-spanish-zoo

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://mobile.twitter.com/KannoYoungs/status/1336126950742568960

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

"We're gonna build the wall, and Mexico will pay for GUARD it!" :smugdon:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is one a growing number of headlines where the article should just read "Because of course they did."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Grip it and rip it posted:

Can't really tell if that's a net loss or gain for the guy getting honored.

Biden should invite him back for something more substantial. Seems like easy points to score with wherever he's from

Trump actually brought him out at a rally in Ohio where he's from and famous to announce that he was giving him the medal of freedom. But now when he actually has to give it to him he doesn't care

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

lmao everything sucks

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

He fudged his boxers again.

lmao

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

lol. I’ve been following COVID news perhaps too much and had never heard of her until the search video. Looking at her twitter, it had a lot of weird ted flags.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

To be fair to her, she could be an absolute piece of poo poo as a person but still got done wrong by Florida here.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

lol. I’ve been following COVID news perhaps too much and had never heard of her until the search video. Looking at her twitter, it had a lot of weird ted flags.

She was interviewed on NPR mid-summer or so about the time that covid started to spike in FL. Initially FL didn't do as bad as NY, WA and LA had but once it started picking up across the south FL went up fast. DeSantis initially made a lot of metrics for shutting things down etc but then when it looked like they were going to blow right past them the state basically went to the FL DoH and was pressuring them to change the numbers or call a lot of different ones ambiguous. She (according to her interview on NPR) eventually got told point blank to change some of the numbers because an independent auditing group (presumably hired by the FL state gov) was telling the DoH that they were overcounting. Magically each county that was close to getting shutdown had their numbers go lower once they stepped in.

She got fired pretty abruptly after refusing to change stuff and then set up an independent portal based on data from her individual contacts in counties etc.

That Works fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 9, 2020

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That Works posted:

She was interviewed on NPR mid-summer or so about the time that covid started to spike in FL. Initially FL didn't do as bad as NY, WA and LA had but once it started picking up across the south FL went up fast. DeSantis initially made a lot of metrics for shutting things down etc but then when it looked like they were going to blow right past them the state basically went to the FL DoH and was pressuring them to change the numbers or call a lot of different ones ambiguous. She (according to her interview on NPR) eventually got told point blank to change some of the numbers because an independent auditing group (presumably hired by the FL state gov) was telling the DoH that they were overcounting. Magically each county that was close to getting shutdown had their numbers go lower once they stepped in.

She got fired pretty abruptly after refusing to change stuff and then set up an independent portal based on data from her individual contacts in counties etc.

Yeah, it looks like she did good work there but I'm not going to automatically believe her if she says she wasn't illegally accessing government servers.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Midjack posted:

To be fair to her, she could be an absolute piece of poo poo as a person but still got done wrong by Florida here.

This is the most likely option.

DeSantis is a massive poo poo stain who won't hesitate to threaten people or send state agencies after anyone who dares to not tow the party line.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

That Works posted:

Trump actually brought him out at a rally in Ohio where he's from and famous to announce that he was giving him the medal of freedom. But now when he actually has to give it to him he doesn't care

Dan Gable's from Iowa.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I’m pretty sure all of Trump’s MOF have been athletes except for Rush Limbaugh. Goes to show just how vapid the dude is. Dan Gable isn’t even the best American Wrestler or one who’s really don’t any work beyond wrestling. At least Tiger Woods had a charity.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I think it's more about going 355-21 over 20 years as head coach at iowa state

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So in the time my phone completely bricked and I got a replacement, Donnie crapped out of the Arizona Supreme Court, the actual Supreme Court dismissed his PA challenge, and a bunch of Kraken nonsense appeals got filed.

And the Supreme Court had no dissenters :laugh:

The Texas longshot quadstate throw out has briefs due by Thursday (so probably a Friday toss).

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 9, 2020

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I’m pretty sure all of Trump’s MOF have been athletes except for Rush Limbaugh. Goes to show just how vapid the dude is. Dan Gable isn’t even the best American Wrestler or one who’s really don’t any work beyond wrestling. At least Tiger Woods had a charity.

11 out of 19 are tied to athletics. Either athletes or league execs/team owners.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"We're gonna build the wall, and Mexico will pay for GUARD it!" :smugdon:

"We're going to build the wall, but defending it is for losers. We'll hire some Mexicans to do that."

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

So in the time my phone completely bricked and I got a replacement, Donnie crapped out of the Arizona Supreme Court, the actual Supreme Court dismissed his PA challenge, and a bunch of Kraken nonsense appeals got filed.

The Texas longshot quadstate throw out has briefs due by Thursday (so probably a Friday toss).

The chud talking point says that they threw the PA case out because they’re going to rule in favor of Texas and there’s no reason to hear two cases about the same thing.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Meanwhile, in Russia's 2020:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55229438

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

facialimpediment posted:

Republicans are convinced they threw out the PA challenge so they could take on the Texas thing to overturn the election.

E: that's what I get for not refreshing. What Cole said.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I saw that a few days ago. I'm going to say anyone trying that with the E-4B or E-6 would get lit the gently caress up or at least stunned and tased very badly, right? Well unless it Demo Dick. :lol:

I really hope CIA/NSA is trying to buy whatever those idiots stole. Of course watch it be some broken rear end poo poo...because Russia.

Honestly I'm surprised this even got reported.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I saw that a few days ago. I'm going to say anyone trying that with the E-4B or E-6 would get lit the gently caress up or at least stunned and tased very badly, right? Well unless it Demo Dick. :lol:

If the cops were aware, the intruders could and possibly would be shot. Fortunately the AF is somewhat better than the Navy at the first part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgC2BWWqdOc

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

OH MY GOD THATS JOHN FETTERMANS MUSIC

(its in the WaPo, and Im over my limit, but linking the Twitter post regardless. He wrote an OpEd about federal legalization)

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1336343193814585345?s=20

I really, really, hope this guy runs for Senate in two years.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

I really, really, hope this guy runs for Senate in two years.

:same:

He can help so many more then just being Governor.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Here are some answers about Trump's 757.

https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/1334638231720087554

https://simpleflying.com/trump-boeing-757-engine-search/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

:lol:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Watch him try to "gift" himself a C-32, or better yet, "trade" for one.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Watch him try to "gift" himself a C-32, or better yet, "trade" for one.

"This one is already in a variation of the new AF1 livery, I don't see the issue."

Seriously, though, why in the hell is that plane stored with one engine? Did they get a chunk of money sending one to FedEx or whoever else at this point is still using RR-powered 757s? (American just dumped theirs, but United has some. Not sure if UPS' are RR or PW-powered.)

Also, if they were to put it in long-term storage, the desert is the place to do it, not Stewart, NY.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Being a maintainer on that jet has to be a great loving gig right now.

"Huh? No, still waiting to find that engine. Robby told me he knows a guy in Singapore who might have one, so we're waiting to hear back on that."

*goes back to playing video games*

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Poetic justice would be the bailiffs coming to seize it on behalf of Deutsch Bank, just as he sets foot on the ramp to bail out to Florida.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Seriously, though, why in the hell is that plane stored with one engine? Did they get a chunk of money sending one to FedEx or whoever else at this point is still using RR-powered 757s? (American just dumped theirs, but United has some. Not sure if UPS' are RR or PW-powered.)

Probably this. If you know you won’t need an asset for 4-8 years why not rent it out?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CBJSprague24 posted:

"This one is already in a variation of the new AF1 livery, I don't see the issue."

Also, if they were to put it in long-term storage, the desert is the place to do it, not Stewart, NY.

Engines are often leased. I don't understand it, but it's a thing. The engines might have been on different timelines for some reason, and since he didn't need this jet storage is actually a smart play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Godholio posted:

Engines are often leased. I don't understand it, but it's a thing.

Like anything else with rich people and businesses it’s tax stuff. I’m always astonished by how much stuff is rented by air companies, nobody besides IFLC and GE CAS seems to actually own anything they use.