Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I put mine on the secret island in the northeast of the map because it's the best place to grab tons of crabs and I have an unhealthy fixation on mastering all the recipes.

fyi this spot is brimming with crabs too. i think they're on a 72-hour respawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I haven't really heard much talk about Xinyan. Is she good, bad, unremarkable?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Another good crab place is the area where that one co-op part of the meteorite event was. I'd always steal a bunch of crabs when joining other peoples' games. I think there were like 4-5 there.

Also, everyone should always buy the 5 crabs in Liyue every day. Doing that regularly with both crabs and fish has lead to me having a good number of both.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Scoss posted:

I haven't really heard much talk about Xinyan. Is she good, bad, unremarkable?

I have her at C6, so I can't speak to C0. She's fun, if a little inconsistent. Mainly her shield can't be depended on getting the pulsing damage because it has to hit 2 targets, and that seems to even be bugged at the moment. Her constellations are really impactful and help make her more consistent as well as give her more main-DPS potential. C2 in particular makes her burst very easy to reach 100% crit chance with and automatically grants a level 3 shield. It hits like a truck and is very aesthetically satisfying. I've seen it hit over 20k on the initial hit versus level 80 Fatui while my Xinyan's only 70 and talent level 5.

If her skills just had a tad smaller cooldown, she'd easily be my favorite Pyro user.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 8, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ytlaya posted:

Another good crab place is the area where that one co-op part of the meteorite event was. I'd always steal a bunch of crabs when joining other peoples' games. I think there were like 4-5 there.

Also, everyone should always buy the 5 crabs in Liyue every day. Doing that regularly with both crabs and fish has lead to me having a good number of both.
You dont need that many crabs. If you grab 20 a day for two weeks it's all the crabs you'll ever need. Save that mora.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 8, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

I have her at C6, so I can't speak to C0. She's fun, if a little inconsistent. Mainly her shield can't be depended on getting the pulsing damage because it has to hit 2 targets, and that seems to even be bugged at the moment. Her constellations are really impactful and help make her more consistent as well as give her more main-DPS potential. C2 in particular makes her burst very easy to reach 100% crit chance with and automatically grants a level 3 shield. It hits like a truck and is very aesthetically satisfying. I've seen it hit over 20k on the initial hit versus level 80 Fatui while my Xinyan's only 70 and talent level 5.

If her skills just had a tad smaller cooldown, she'd easily be my favorite Pyro user.

Oh, and if you're an Abyss tryhard, her burst absolutely shreds (:imunfunny:) Cryogunner shields on Floor 12

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Is it safe to say she's the third best pyro support?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'd say she's about equal to Xiangling, but you'd run them for different reasons.

Xinyan's burst deals massive physical and Pyro damage very quickly, her skill hits hard and provides a shield but has a long cooldown, she has a greatsword, and she can buff a physical damage based DPS when shielded. Xiangling has a longer burst that continuously applies Pyro, more reusable skill, and is a more capable DPSer at baseline.

I think she pairs with Klee better for resonance, while Xiangling pairs with other elements better.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 8, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Got my first 5 star hat

Stats good enough to invest in, or should I hold out for attack?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Crit rate and two attack substats make it pretty dang good.

Is it for a Klee carry or someone else? Troupe is good for a... very narrow band but that’d be a bangin’ offset piece.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Long term crit rate is much, much better than ATK. Most damage characters who don't have a crit rate weapon will want a crit rate hat eventually (including supports with favonious weapons). That's a rare set to find a crit rate hat in as well so at the very least lock it.

That said - if you're earlyish in the game right now it might do less for you than a +16 ATK% hat. You'll want to pull out a calculator. But at the very least lock it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

No Wave posted:

You dont need that many crabs. If you grab 20 a day for two weeks it's all the crabs you'll ever need. Save that mora.

But what if I want to keep making Adeptus' Temptations?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

UltraRed posted:

Got my first 5 star hat

Stats good enough to invest in, or should I hold out for attack?

In the late game, crit chance/crit damage is pretty good for your DPS units so as long as your DPS maintains 1:2 ratio of crit chance to crit damage. That being said, long term, those substats seem relatively mediocre, and the set bonus itself is not the most optimal for DPS units. Nonetheless, long term, you can invest in that crit circlet now and feed to another with better substats with a better set bonus; for now, the main stat is more important than substats and set bonuses so as long as it is a leveled up 4* or 5*, and that is a fine piece.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Long term crit rate is much, much better than ATK. Most damage characters who don't have a crit rate weapon will want a crit rate hat eventually (including supports with favonious weapons). That's a rare set to find a crit rate hat in as well so at the very least lock it.

That said - if you're earlyish in the game right now it might do less for you than a +16 ATK% hat. You'll want to pull out a calculator. But at the very least lock it.

This is false.

Short term atk is much, much better than crit.
Long term, crit is slightly better overall than atk, but only if you have good crit substat rolls on your other artifact pieces. Except for Diluc/Keqing who get crit stats for free.

On my Ningguang, who already has a level 80 5* crit weapon, swapping a 3* +ATK circlet to a 5* crit damage circlet actually decreased her dps. You need more crit chance and crit damage from artifact substats before it's worth it, and that's an RNG grind.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 9, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It would be good on Fischl for example. Conductor is a good set for her and crit rate helmets are the second hardest artifact piece to find. Having mediocre substats on in-set helmets is totally acceptable.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This is false.

Short term atk is much, much better than crit.
Long term, crit is slightly better overall than atk. Except for Diluc/Keqing who get crit stats for free.
It depends on your definition of long-term.

Let's assume ATK feather, ATK sands, ATK substat on a 42 ATK level 80 weapon (because we're talking about DPS units and crit rate/crit damage would make this a foregone conclusion). I'm using Fischl's base atk totally randomly but I won't use her ascension substat of atk which would further bias us towards crit.

Base atk = 227 + 449 = 676
level 20 feather = 311 atk = 46% of base atk
level 20 sands = 46.6% of base atk
level 80 42 ATK weapon = 37.7% of base atk

level 20 helmet gives 46.6% of base atk vs 31.1% crit rate.

We want to solve for the amount of crit damage that makes the helmet better.

676 * ( 1 + .46 + .466 + .377 + .466 ) = 676 * ( 1 + .46 + .46.6 + .377 ) * ( 1 - .31 ) + 676 * ( 1 + .46 + .466 + .377 ) * (.31 * (1.5 + CD ) )

1871.844 = 1074.21132 + 482.61668 * ( 1.5 + CD )

797.63268 = 482.61668 * ( 1.5 + CD )

1.65272505708 = 1.5 + CD

So you need roughly 15 extra crit damage from substats to break even (which you'll get almost by accident). And that's before factoring any ATK substats and flat ATK substats into account which tilt things further in favor of crit rate. That's more than realistic for almost any set and late game you'll have a lot more than that for your DPS units. If you have 40 extra CD from substats the crit rate helmet increases your atk by 119, which is 33% better. The more your artifacts improve, the better it will get. If that's just a slight improvement, fine, whatever, but that's the math as I understand it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 9, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Artifacts are a big enough grind even before substat RNG.
You should probably just forget about substats until you're done grinding out a complete 5* set for all the characters you use.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That hat is for Ningguang, btw. I also have Xianglang, the MC, and Childe harked out as solid carries. Only have a few other 5*. I'll invest in it. Thanks, guys.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That's not a wonderful set for Ninguang tbh. Geo and elemental mastery doesn't do a whole lot.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Artifacts are a big enough grind even before substat RNG.
You should probably just forget about substats until you're done grinding out a complete 5* set for all the characters you use.
You get more feathers and flowers than you know what to do with while you're trying to make usable artifact sets. Those (and to a lesser extent sands) are the pieces on which you can be selective. Nobody except giga whales can be selective on goblets and circlets.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

No Wave posted:

That's not a wonderful set for Ninguang tbh. Geo and elemental mastery doesn't do a whole lot.

You get more feathers and flowers than you know what to do with while you're trying to make usable artifact sets. Those (and to a lesser extent sands) are the pieces on which you can be selective. Nobody except giga whales can be selective on goblets and circlets.

On the other hand, Ning is absolutely charge attacking if she deeps at all, because it's free after a tap connects.

Gladiator and Troupe are basic DPS sets with broad applicability, and you'll have a ton of them because they drop alongside required ascension materials. Might as well use them even if you have a different final destination in mind, you'll get 90% of the XP back in whatever you feed them to.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sure, I guess the fact that it's a helmet makes 4 piece troupe a real possibility. Hadn't considered that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Bolide > Troupe with Zhongli providing permashield.

Oh man, if that leaked Geo set that can lower Geo RES is real, then Ningguang/Zhongli would be an absolute powercouple.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 9, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh man, if that leaked Geo set that can lower Geo RES is real, then Ningguang/Zhongli would be an absolute powercouple.

I have Ning C5 and this makes rolling for geo daddy incredibly tempting. God why is every potential good thing for geo just floating around in the ether

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think that set was fake. Even the account that posts sketchy leaks deleted it.

The thing that has me interested now is the leaked map only shows one domain, which would imply that cryo and hydro share a domain. This would actually be amazing because it would mean that there would be two good sets in one domain and no lavawalkers/TS/maidens equivalent to poo poo up the pool.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 9, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

zgrowler2 posted:

I have Ning C5 and this makes rolling for geo daddy incredibly tempting. God why is every potential good thing for geo just floating around in the ether

I mean, in terms of investment, Zhongli has the most to gain if Geo ever receives love, or polearms for that matter. If reactions in particular are buffed, he has the unique distinction of being able to trigger them off field.

And that's if you believe he isn't good already, which is untrue :colbert:

No Wave posted:

I think that set was fake. Even the account that posts sketchy leaks deleted it.

Still, I can't see them never adding a way to reduce Geo RES.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm not sure. I agree that it's an enormous unfair weakness of geo right now. But game devs love assigning mechanics identity and not letting geo reduce res is the kind of thing a dev would do to enforce that. I might sooner expect something like adding +crit damage/+crit rate for geo synergies on an artifact piece instead (as geo traveler already has a crit talent).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to level them up because I should probably have more than a single character that can feasibly kill enemies under 12 minutes and it sucks having to panickedly scramble to save situations if he dies.

If he dies pop a res food and heal him up. If he dies in abyss, reset. C6 Barbara is a thing but that's a long shot for most people. It's rare that I do Oceanid and don't have Chongus die at least once. You'll need two carries for abyss eventually (and possibly some bespoke team swaps for certain abyss floors/domains) but it sounds like you're just talking one main Razor-led team right now so I'm assuming that.

In the hypothetical Razor/XL/Ning team lets assume you take Diona or Kaeya as the fourth for cryo. Razor wants to be out, in his ult, swinging for the fences at all times. His energy regen sucks, but in your current team you're basically limiting him down to one superconduct proc every time you swap to your cryo character to press E. You don't want to swap during your ult, so you'll be getting energy very infrequently and your team will be getting even less. XL's ult might provide you with a few overload attempts except her ult is never up because you're never getting energy because you have no reactions. When Razor dies you swap and now have even rarer reactions which means even rarer ults and XL doesn't have superconduct to crank her damage.

Change that to Razor/Fischl/(XQ or Barbara)/Diona. You have electro resonance generating more energy and more ults. You have multiple reactions playing out that are beneficial, meaning more ults. All three of your supports can drop something and gtfo, so you can weave them in between Razor's now-frequent ults. You've got multiple sources of healing, multiple sources of damage reduction, and the only character you really have to worry about maxing and gearing is Razor. You do way more damage, live a lot longer, and it costs you far fewer resources.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

A goon got their account back after the thief spent over 1500 USD on it a few days ago

Why the hell do you put money in a stolen account?

Reminds me one day I got an e-mail from Blizzard saying "Your battle.net account has been flagged for suspicious activity in Diablo 3" and I thought "I haven't played that game in like a year, whatever, I don't care." A few months later my friend convinced me to get back into it. I had to call Blizzard to get my account reactivated. My high level Wizard and Barbarian were untouched (as far as I can remember) but my level 10 Demon Hunter was now max level with storage packed full of epic and rare items. The items make sense if the hacker was using my character as a mule for the auction shop, but why do you level it up?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Because the account was sold and the new buyer didn't know it was a stolen account. Your demon hunter story is a lot weirder tho.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

No Wave posted:

I'm not sure. I agree that it's an enormous unfair weakness of geo right now. But game devs love assigning mechanics identity and not letting geo reduce res is the kind of thing a dev would do to enforce that. I might sooner expect something like adding +crit damage/+crit rate for geo synergies on an artifact piece instead (as geo traveler already has a crit talent).
I feel like mechanical identity is a little different from "has no access to one entire method of damage scaling". It'd be like if Dendro couldn't crit or something, or if there was no way to actively access Petra's bonus for Geo because you can't crystallize Geo shards yourself.

oh wait

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's not the fact of lowering resistance that makes Venerer OP, it's that they put such insane numbers on it. If Venerer were 20% Zhong starts looking pretty good next to Sucrose. Yes, we're here now and Venerer is hosed up so we'll have to see what happens but I'll give them some time to figure it out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm just wondering if it's even worth crafting a Pike for Zhongli or if I should wait to see what kind of craftables come in 1.2. I think I'm going to wait.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oh man, I just realized I have a top tier "running around the map collecting poo poo" team in the form of Zhongli/Venti/Diona/any other Anemo. I feel so fast running as tall Geodaddy with Anemo resonance and Diona's shield speed. Then I have two height increasing skills that can work together and OP mining magic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

S.J. posted:

I'm just wondering if it's even worth crafting a Pike for Zhongli or if I should wait to see what kind of craftables come in 1.2. I think I'm going to wait.

Craftable catalyst/spear/great sword all have 60% chance to proc a aoe ice every 10 seconds.

On a pure dps, Pike is still better because of the busted interaction with its attack proc.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

But I have a lot of Mora and Adeptus Temptations take 4 each (plus the ones I used to master all other crab recipes), and I don't know when those will stop being the best attack food. Also it doesn't cost much and is a lot easier than running around farming them.

Like I have 2,200,000 Mora and nothing particularly significantly to spend it on (that isn't bottlenecked by other stuff). The Battle Pass really makes Mora stop being much of an issue.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Tae posted:

Craftable catalyst/spear/great sword all have 60% chance to proc a aoe ice every 10 seconds.

On a pure dps, Pike is still better because of the busted interaction with its attack proc.

Do we know what the secondary stat will be and the base ATK? Less worried about the normal attacks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Pike and claymore will supposedly be physical DMG. For Catalyst, ATK.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Pike and claymore will supposedly be physical DMG. For Catalyst, ATK.

Kind of disappointing but I can believe it. It'll nice to have a craftable ATK catalyst though.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

You can get ~20 crabs from secret island, ~12 crabs from Falcon Coast, ~12 from the mineral pools around Luhua, and ~12 from the Guyun Forest islands. These all respawn daily.

You get tons of crab if you're actually looking for the stuff. Meat is always my bottleneck because boars all sprint away as soon as the first one takes a shot.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

sushibandit posted:

You can get ~20 crabs from secret island, ~12 crabs from Falcon Coast, ~12 from the mineral pools around Luhua, and ~12 from the Guyun Forest islands. These all respawn daily.

You get tons of crab if you're actually looking for the stuff. Meat is always my bottleneck because boars all sprint away as soon as the first one takes a shot.

You should have someone on expeditions grab meat/fowl every day, it's made my life a hundred times easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Tae posted:

A phys dmg big sword that applies cryo? Is it called "ThisIsForRazor"