Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1333652047871184896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
glorious

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
in all honesty, i shall kill each and every american citizen

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

sorry if that offends you, but it's just the unvarnished truth

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

fauna posted:

I expected to die by a goon’s hand but the exact goon comes as a surprise

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Pirate Radar posted:

I expected to die by a goon’s hand but the exact goon comes as a surprise
at times i may work indirectly

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hell, I'm glad of it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

fauna posted:

you'll have to catch me first

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

you'll have to catch me first

A real roadrunner and dingo situation

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

after extensive research, i have decided to spare some american citizens

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

fauna posted:

im here for it

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

mind you, im jamaican and not a member of the demon kkkracker nation that is amerikkka

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

fauna posted:

after extensive research, i have decided to spare some american citizens

a cunning ploy, but from now on i stick to the underbrush

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

a cunning ploy, but from now on i stick to the underbrush
i'm very experienced in finding and catching small slippery underbrush creatures

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

fauna posted:

i'm very experienced in finding and catching small slippery underbrush creatures

i also have an obscenely biological defensive response

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i also have an obscenely biological defensive response
if it's dropping dead with shock, i have experience with that too

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fauna posted:

phew

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
royal commission into the christchurch mosque attacks has been released... among other things, it found that the terrorist:
  • got radicalised by you tube
  • was a roided-up manlet
  • accidentally shot himself months before the attack (wish you aimed higher bitch!!!)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

we really do have to figure out what to do about the loser dudes in our society don't we

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

V. Illych L. posted:

we really do have to figure out what to do about the loser dudes in our society don't we
extremely, but a non-dude can't say that out loud without being branded a man-hater (which apparently invalidates everything else that you say)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

exmarx posted:

royal commission into the christchurch mosque attacks has been released... among other things, it found that the terrorist:
  • got radicalised by you tube
  • was a roided-up manlet
  • accidentally shot himself months before the attack (wish you aimed higher bitch!!!)

does this one also mention ben shapiro by name so he can act all indignant that his far-right rhetoric gets associated with mass murder yet again

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

ben shapiro is so loving weird. i just do not understand how the hell

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

fauna posted:

he's a case of the intellectual death of the modern right - as a movement they lack actual intellectual justifications (any attempts to formulate the actual ideology of the modern right would veer much too close to aristocratic thinking or outright fascism to be comfortable) but they have a pretty significant democratic mandate. this leads to weird figures popping up on the fringes, and shapiro has a lot of the trappings of a public intellectual - a combative, eloquent style, a certain well-bred confidence, a taste for performatively boujie art forms. being basically incoherent isn't really problem, because what he's fronting *is* incoherent - it's an unholy alliance of wildly different forms of naked self-interest. his party is both the party of sheldon adelson and that of the poorest people in america

you see this here as well - intellectuals who are given legitimacy not because they're actually serious people with deep knowledge of a topic, but because they're willing to try to vocalise something a fair chunk of the population believes in. the darkly hilarious bit is how even these hard-nosed speakers of difficult truths can't actually admit what they're really saying

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1336287883951534080?s=19

Illegally immigrating Mexicans to hold unlawfully wielded firearms to protect the construction of a border wall built to keep law-breaking Mexicans out of the US. And paying them.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

V. Illych L. posted:

he's a case of the intellectual death of the modern right - as a movement they lack actual intellectual justifications (any attempts to formulate the actual ideology of the modern right would veer much too close to aristocratic thinking or outright fascism to be comfortable) but they have a pretty significant democratic mandate. this leads to weird figures popping up on the fringes, and shapiro has a lot of the trappings of a public intellectual - a combative, eloquent style, a certain well-bred confidence, a taste for performatively boujie art forms. being basically incoherent isn't really problem, because what he's fronting *is* incoherent - it's an unholy alliance of wildly different forms of naked self-interest. his party is both the party of sheldon adelson and that of the poorest people in america

you see this here as well - intellectuals who are given legitimacy not because they're actually serious people with deep knowledge of a topic, but because they're willing to try to vocalise something a fair chunk of the population believes in. the darkly hilarious bit is how even these hard-nosed speakers of difficult truths can't actually admit what they're really saying

he's got terrible star wars opinions too

just awful

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

fauna posted:

It started when he was a kid and now he can’t or won’t stop. Also he keeps inspiring mass shooters which is a hard position to repent from in the eyes of anyone but the man upstairs

E: in the sense that (theoretically) you can repent from anything as far as he’s concerned but humans tend to be less forgiving

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

my new life plan is to return to crimea and reintroduce the wild rear end to its ancient territory

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

pictured: my new home

e: poo poo! spoke too soon!

pictured: my new home

fauna fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 9, 2020

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

goon project, buy me half a slope in sevastopol

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

fauna posted:

goon project, buy me half a slope in sevastopol

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1336287883951534080?s=19

Illegally immigrating Mexicans to hold unlawfully wielded firearms to protect the construction of a border wall built to keep law-breaking Mexicans out of the US. And paying them.

they were bribing an army corps official to look the other way. i find it hard to believe the margins on covering up importing armed gangs vs hiring your standard construction site rent-a-cop is really worth the effort

V. Illych L. posted:

when we perfect cheap virtual reality the problem will take care of itself

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

crimean interior design is now my passion

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

ah, i see you've opened a window into my own private hell

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1336456776162529280?s=21

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

are you loving kidding me

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There's a valid argument that kids losing out on education in the early years of their life is tragic. Thing is I agree with Krugman et al who said that America (and several other countries) used the time they could have invested in safe return to school instead reopening bars. "We drank away our childrens' future."

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1333059043452211206

seems to be the conventional wisdom, albeit perhaps not by left twitter convention

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
fauci will say anything his masters want lol. schools are Petri dishes, just ask any teacher that spends 75% of the school year fighting off one continuous cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fauci is more importantly not saying that we should open schools now. He's saying that between the two, schools are more vital than bars. Hence the "drank the kids' future away" sentiment from people critical of the YOLOing of the 'vid in the US.