Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Whoever started moving it into immigrant communities that use languages other than English is loving diabolical. It's basically a perfect exploitation of the weaknesses and evil edges of America to burn it down from the inside. We're so racist that nobody was even looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Whoever started moving it into immigrant communities that use languages other than English is loving diabolical. It's basically a perfect exploitation of the weaknesses and evil edges of America to burn it down from the inside. We're so racist that nobody was even looking.

My best friend's parents from HK got sucked in through Cantonese Facebook posts from the Faolun Gong. They started by watching and supporting the HK protests, began watching Qanon videos in Cantonese, and then ended with blasting OAN all day and buying a gun, and protesting the election result in the state capital, to the point my friend moved states to get away from them

Faolun Gong REALLY needs to be investigated as the cult and arm of Propaganda for the Right to Chinese speaking immigrants that it is

Opposing China rightfully is one thing: creating a cult and spreading extreme right wing propaganda is quite another

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 8, 2020

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

TulliusCicero posted:

My best friend's parents from HK got sucked in through Cantonese Facebook posts from the Faolun Gong. They started by watching and supporting the HK protests, began watching Qanon videos in Cantonese, and then ended with blasting OAN all day and buying a gun, and protesting the election result in the state capital, to the point my friend moved states to get away from them

Faolun Gong REALLY needs to be investigated as the cult and arm of Propaganda for the Right to Chinese speaking immigrants that it is

Opposing China rightfully is one thing: creating a cult and spreading extreme right wing propaganda is quite another

ah but now you are china's puppet

I have to check in on my mom almost daily because she watches Chinese stuff on youtube and I do not want her to get sucked into anything

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

The thing about Falun Gong is that the things the Chinese government are doing to them are so nighmarishly evil, like imprisoning them then executing them on demand for their organs, that I'm hesitant to to criticize the group too hard and inadvertently be on the same side as the PRC shills who are currently on the internet trying to demonize the group as much as possible in order to whitewash the horrendous crimes the PRC is doing to hundreds of thousands of its members in China.

Seriously, the way the PRC treats Falun Gong members is worse than anything they're doing to Uighurs right now, and that's saying a lot. I'm pretty sure what the PRC is doing to certain ethnic and religious minorities are some of the worst atrocities currently happening in the entire world, and we don't even fully know what's going on over there.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 8, 2020

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Argas posted:

ah but now you are china's puppet

I have to check in on my mom almost daily because she watches Chinese stuff on youtube and I do not want her to get sucked into anything

This is a worthwhile expenditure of time and energy. You do not want the text from your mom about how only Donald John Trump can save America from this coup.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You guys aren't paying enough attention if you think the fracture between Q and the GOP is widening daily. The GOP isn't "ruined" in the sense that it's gone. However, they're going to lose in GA because of Q. It's hurting their party and soon, they'll have to go all in or retreat from Q.

The GOP is already burning Lin Wood. Powell is next because Trump sees any failure as weakness and they are constantly losing.

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I assume they're going to win in Georgia and goons are going to explain that this means the Democrats are in a real powerful position, it's just that expectations were too high. Just like in 2018 and the 2020 general election.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

However, they're going to lose in GA because of Q.

This seems unlikely.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah it might lose them a few points but the GOP absolutely going to sweep that.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

TulliusCicero posted:

Isn't the Epoch Times also closely linked with Falun Gong?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cacator posted:

That or the Moonies, but I think they are the Washington Times

...Jesus christ why do all these Asian cults seem to benefit the Right Wing?

What is going on there?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Cacator posted:

the epoch times is directly affiliated with the falun gong

Also NTD Television, Sound of Hope radio, and Shen Yun performing arts.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Republicans will almost certainly win in Georgia but I can see why someone might think that Q would cause a loss, since it seems like they're talking about sitting out the election to show the GOP that they need Trump, and abandoning him (by certifying fraudulent elections, not appointing different electors loyal to Trump, etc.) will cause them to lose.

But ultimately,

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah it might lose them a few points but the GOP absolutely going to sweep that.
this. Some of the younger chuds who are politically active for the first time might take a "Yeah gently caress the man!" stance but the older voters who know what losing control of the Senate means will come out in droves to keep it, not to mention the Georgia state legislature has promised to work overtime to disenfranchise large amounts of (mostly Dem) voters.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I think there's also a real overestimation of how many true Q believers there are. Yes they show up at a lot of rallies, yes they are spreading dangerous misinformation and yes a few might be violent psychopaths ready to shoot up a pizza parlor. These are all true and its worth examining BUT their actual online presence is much bigger than their real life presence might suggest. If you asked people who arent so online I figure most wouldn't have heard of it or at worst have, but dont really know what it is.

This is deliberately so I think, they've worked really hard to make themselves look like a legion, but assuming its enough to swing an election is buying the propaganda.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think there's also a real overestimation of how many true Q believers there are. Yes they show up at a lot of rallies, yes they are spreading dangerous misinformation and yes a few might be violent psychopaths ready to shoot up a pizza parlor. These are all true and its worth examining BUT their actual online presence is much bigger than their real life presence might suggest. If you asked people who arent so online I figure most wouldn't have heard of it or at worst have, but dont really know what it is.

This is deliberately so I think, they've worked really hard to make themselves look like a legion, but assuming its enough to swing an election is buying the propaganda.

True but we are to the point where there are sitting congresspeople that are true believers so you know can't quite ignore them entirely.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

the epoch times is directly affiliated with the falun gong

Also NTD Television, Sound of Hope radio, and Shen Yun performing arts.

Oh, that suddenly explains the breadth of Shen Yun advertising in my city. There was also a performance a few years ago with "mystery" ads referring to some kind of Cirque du Soleil type event with horses that turned out to be a wet fart for the people who went to see it. I didn't know it was Falun Gong related, but it was obviously someone with deep pockets that no one had heard of before, which rarely goes well.

I can't find the exact ads (it's also late and I'm intoxicated), but this article was a fun read regarding Shen Yun.
https://laist.com/2019/02/20/la_explained_shen_yun.php

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

True but we are to the point where there are sitting congresspeople that are true believers so you know can't quite ignore them entirely.

A few Q believers got in because they were the republican candidate so people voted for them because most people vote straight ticket for their party and I dont think Q factored into their decision making. This is asking people to sit home which I think Q people have no more power to affect than leftists like myself who refused to vote for Biden (albeit slightly different story with presidential elections to be sure).

Elections come down to numbers. If they dont have the numbers they cant change the outcome.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 9, 2020

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

TulliusCicero posted:

That or the Moonies, but I think they are the Washington Times

...Jesus christ why do all these Asian cults seem to benefit the Right Wing?

What is going on there?

Well at least in terms of more recently, it's because Trump's boisterous about opposing China in the oh so familiar Trump manner, as opposed to the more typical politician-speak. The fact that China's been one of his recurring punching bags helps.

Also the right-wing is notably looser with facts and such.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

RagnarokAngel posted:

A few Q believers got in because they were the republican candidate so people voted for them because most people vote straight ticket for their party and I dont think Q factored into their decision making. This is asking people to sit home which I think Q people have no more power to affect than leftists like myself who refused to vote for Biden (albeit slightly different story with presidential elections to be sure).

Elections come down to numbers. If they dont have the numbers they cant change the outcome.

Yeah, I think Q's biggest impacts will be in future primaries, where guaranteed-red districts might have a Q candidate and a traditional Republican candidate (or maybe a Q candidate and a Tea Party candidate) and since the margin will be somewhere in the 2000 vote range the Q candidate might win out. There will probably be some performative Trumpism from otherwise-regular candidates just to head off challenges from that end of the party. Especially for state-level elections where you aren't absolutely guaranteed a Republican win because of gerrymandering. The Republicans remember Christine "I'm Not a Witch" O'Donnell and aren't about to let that kind of thing happen again in a contest where the general election could be competitive.

Of course, all this assumes that Q even remains as a viable force in the next 4-8 years. (The comedy option here being that any criminal prosecutions of Trump and his family in that time keep the Q trend going strong and cause the Republicans to have to cater to them even more.)

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

That's not new - this was a factor in the 2016 elections as well: https://www.cjr.org/tow_center/wechat-misinformation-china.php

There was a better article that I can't seem to find right now that covered some WeChat stuff very specific to recent Chinese immigrant communities during the 2016 campaign, like a conspiracy theory that a Chinese person hit by a car was actually a covered up terrorist attack by Muslims or something like that. The theory was this cornered market on misinformation with no attention to it helped cause a vote flip in Chinese communities.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Qanon is going to become indistinguishable from mainstream republican thought if the popular narrative of this election is that the deep state stole it. Which it is. Plus Trump is gonna start winking at it way more because it stokes his ego and implies a way greater presidential legacy, and an ongoing one to campaign on.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Elea posted:

Qanon is going to become indistinguishable from mainstream republican thought if the popular narrative of this election is that the deep state stole it. Which it is. Plus Trump is gonna start winking at it way more because it stokes his ego and implies a way greater presidential legacy, and an ongoing one to campaign on.

Honestly the fact we draw a distinction between Q-Anon and "mainstream" Republican thought is a sign of how hosed up this simulation has gotten. Republican thought has diverged significantly from reality over the last 20 years, and them adding an expanded universe doesn't somehow make the original trilogy non-fiction.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This is more general conspiracy but it must have some overlap with qanon. I kind of laugh at the COVID-19 vaccine/RFID tracking/number of the beast conspiracy because the requirement of having the ability to engineer a pandemic of this magnitude in order to achieve their goals, would negate the need to engineer a pandemic in the first place.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Does anyone have any posts/tweets about people accusing the save the children rallies of being false flags?

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

pacerhimself posted:

This is more general conspiracy but it must have some overlap with qanon. I kind of laugh at the COVID-19 vaccine/RFID tracking/number of the beast conspiracy because the requirement of having the ability to engineer a pandemic of this magnitude in order to achieve their goals, would negate the need to engineer a pandemic in the first place.

Massive overlap. Qanon are anti-vax and into covid conspiracies in the same way they are a bunch of Nazi's, it not something they all mention in every sentence as some are canny enough to know the normies all instantly recoil in horror from it and it gets them deplatformed. It's just under the surface and sometimes all over the links and other video's in their channels though.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Lol GA isn't going red. If you don't see how mentally ill the GOP has become, you're really not watching close enough.

At a rally to motivate votes, they're telling people not to trust voting. They've successfully disenfranchised their own base. You can't convince folks to vote by saying "we can't win by voting".

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lol GA isn't going red. If you don't see how mentally ill the GOP has become, you're really not watching close enough.

At a rally to motivate votes, they're telling people not to trust voting. They've successfully disenfranchised their own base. You can't convince folks to vote by saying "we can't win by voting".

That won't affect their voting behavior enough to counteract all the people who just vote for their team. And of the qanon people, a lot of them either understand that it's all pretend play or just don't bother to acknowledge the cognitive dissonance, like how they spend their entire day watching cable television while simultaneously claiming that all of hollywood is ruled by cannibal pedophiles.

that duck
Mar 23, 2013

Conservatives don't believe what they say. Most of their professed beliefs - that fetuses are people, climate change is fake, and government aid is tyranny - are just a thin veneer to cover their real beliefs, which are morally indefensible: that women shouldn't have control over their bodies, that they don't want to give up their trucks to save the planet, and that poor blacks should just die.

And so Conservatives have created a culture of double think, where nothing they say is meant literally, but instead should be understood in the context their desired outcomes. In the case of the Georgia, their desired outcome is to pressure state election officials to rig the next elections even harder, because Republicans winning is the only thing that will restore their faith in democracy.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At least holding rallies means they're incapacitating or killing as many of their most ferocious supporters as possible.

Taiko
Jul 13, 2006
Ron Watkins and Dan Bongino are having a flame war on Twitter (not Parler) right now and it's pretty great.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Calico Heart posted:

Does anyone have any posts/tweets about people accusing the save the children rallies of being false flags?

Here's a whole article on it, with screenshots since some of the Twitter accounts are no longer live (@JuliansRum, for example, is now banned):

https://www.logically.ai/articles/make-qanon-a-trump-cult-again

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Did QAnon largely go away? Or is it as strong as ever but it's just too chilly for people to be out with signs any more?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's not gone away, but it's in a bit of a state of disarray since the election. But many true believers are just that and are still chugging along.

By the way, the podcast mini-series investigating Q and trying to pin down who Q actually is, Q Clearance, just wrapped up. It's well worth a listen: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-q-clearance-the-hunt-for-72308028/

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Pick posted:

Did QAnon largely go away? Or is it as strong as ever but it's just too chilly for people to be out with signs any more?

Flat earth morphed into Q and it now seems Q is morphing into 'stolen election' . Its still in need of a snazzy name.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's not gone away, but it's in a bit of a state of disarray since the election. But many true believers are just that and are still chugging along.

By the way, the podcast mini-series investigating Q and trying to pin down who Q actually is, Q Clearance, just wrapped up. It's well worth a listen: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-q-clearance-the-hunt-for-72308028/

Well, what's the answer?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well, what's the answer?

It turns out Q was inside all of us all along.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Q is most assuredly on of the 8chan chunguses

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

The real Q was the cult we joined along the way.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well, what's the answer?

It's Jim Watkins and his son, like people have said for at least six months.

The latest Q drop was just the song "we're not gonna take it" by Twisted Sister. Then Dee Snyder, lead singer, came out and said QAnon was a bunch of idiots and don't use his music.

It's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taiko
Jul 13, 2006
I know I posted about this before, but Watkins feuding with Bongino about Parler's security was interesting to see. Difficult to see if it's one school of grifter resenting the mainstreaming of a different one, or if he actually gives a poo poo about privacy concerns. You have to assume it's not the latter, but it makes me curious about the different behind-the-scenes funding streams for Q, if the Mercers et al didn't have anything to do with it.