Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've got a weird glitch where I can see my older brother in the Clan screen (and I think in battles?) but that's it. I can't assign him any roles or change his gear.
It's a real bother, because his skills are incredible.
On that note, I've gotten in the habit of not giving my various heroes helmets, so I can keep track of where they are. It serves no useful purpose and probably degrades their performance hugely, but I like being stuck in some atrocious melee and seeing Najun shoot past in the background...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

I've got a weird glitch where I can see my older brother in the Clan screen (and I think in battles?) but that's it. I can't assign him any roles or change his gear.
It's a real bother, because his skills are incredible.

I don't know about the gear, but assigning roles has a glitch where if one of the individuals with a role gets put into another party (army or caravan) while still in that role, that role will be locked on them until you get that individual back into your party and change it.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

You can still just talk to them and unassign them that way i think

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Changed the Veterans' Respect perk secondary effect to be able to upgrade bandit type troops.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Is there any thing that effects whether or not the arrow barrels are present during sieges?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

CopperHound posted:

Is there any thing that effects whether or not the arrow barrels are present during sieges?

i believe this is connected to the fortification upgrade level of the town? higher levels get better siege weapons, equipment, and levels of repair?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Haven't really played since launch. I've been checking on bannerlordperks.com to see how the skill trees are coming and it looks like they are all mostly done at this point? (engineering excepted). What are some recommended builds? All leadership and tactics?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
By build do you mean the starting character options? I like having charm and leadership at 30 so I start out with the good perks (ice breaker and combat tips)

downout
Jul 6, 2009

punishedkissinger posted:

Haven't really played since launch. I've been checking on bannerlordperks.com to see how the skill trees are coming and it looks like they are all mostly done at this point? (engineering excepted). What are some recommended builds? All leadership and tactics?

I jumped back in and just level whatever skills come my way thru my natural play style. A couple of weapon skills and tactics which worked out great since I'm running a horse army and it gives an early speed boost.

Anyways the new skills are great and make a pretty noticeable difference. Not sure about the rest of the game since I'm slow to move into the next parts. I've just been riding around fighting groups and trading.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

are there no couchable lances anymore?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

punishedkissinger posted:

are there no couchable lances anymore?

When you are moving at speed with a couchable lance, an icon appears in the lower right of the screen. You press x when it appears and your lance will be couched

However, you need a fast enough horse (anything non-lame that's better than a sumpter horse), and most spears aren't couchable. You can tell one is if it has extra stats in the inventory screen, eg:

(if you click the yellow bits saying one handed, two handed and couched lance, it shows what the stats would be in that mode)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Enjoy posted:

When you are moving at speed with a couchable lance, an icon appears in the lower right of the screen. You press x when it appears and your lance will be couched

However, you need a fast enough horse (anything non-lame that's better than a sumpter horse), and most spears aren't couchable. You can tell one is if it has extra stats in the inventory screen, eg:

It seems like they've taken the "Couch Lance" tag off of a lot of weapons. Unless they've just moved it onto other ones. Kind of a shame since I haven't come across one that has it in 400 days now.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

So what's everyone doing to raise gold these days? I've done some blacksmithing but at ~60 all I can make that seem worth anything are 2-hand swords at difficulty ~120. They are worth a ~1-2k. I tried a brewery which brings in about ~150-200 a day. I tried a smithy which managed to collect anywhere from 0 - 20 per day.

I've got an army, but I'm quickly running out of gold. My companion parties, while not dying, are costing about 400 a day and not really doing much like killing some looters!

Do I need to go start a war with someone or something?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
What, did they finally nerf smithing so that two cities don't have to pool their entire economy just to afford just one two-hander?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The weapon to make for absurd amounts of money from smithing isn't two handed swords but javelins

The best non-cheaty ways to make money is to own a city or to fight nobles' armies.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Airspace posted:

What, did they finally nerf smithing so that two cities don't have to pool their entire economy just to afford just one two-hander?

Eh, rhompiaia or whatever sell for fucktons AND are great for powerleveling your skills. They are a bit more expensive to make but I think it's worthwhile. Javelins are pretty nice though.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

The weapon to make for absurd amounts of money from smithing isn't two handed swords but javelins

with some blades 2H swords can sell for the price cap too though. They aren't as efficient in terms of metal but they're a good way to unlock the big money harpoon heads (if anyone doesn't know how it works, you unlock recipes faster by creating higher value items, unlocks are basically a second hidden xp bar)

Ive probably said this before itt but I'm still really surprised they're tweaking the rest of the economy while smithing remains an easy way to trivialize it

downout
Jul 6, 2009

I can't make javelins yet, missing the handle recipe.

I think I'll just go take a city. Spend my last ~100k for more companion armies should do it.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Flavahbeast posted:

with some blades 2H swords can sell for the price cap too though. They aren't as efficient in terms of metal but they're a good way to unlock the big money harpoon heads (if anyone doesn't know how it works, you unlock recipes faster by creating higher value items, unlocks are basically a second hidden xp bar)

Ive probably said this before itt but I'm still really surprised they're tweaking the rest of the economy while smithing remains an easy way to trivialize it

I think they are doing it on purpose, grinding gold on a broken economy blows, and this provides a ton of XP for followers too. So until game matures smithing glitch is a stopgap measure.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Use the exploit to go to war with nobles, immediately back out of battle and sue for peace and ask them to give you 5 to 15k denars, repeat and then use the money to buy out entire cities. Everyone loves you!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Any tips on getting a better framerate in larger battles? It's pretty risky to get into melee during a siege right now since my FPS seems to stutter really hard randomly. I have no issues with large field battles though? Running with a 1070ti and Ryzen 5 3600.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I wish I knew. I have an odd problem where my first kill only causes a second-long stutter.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Did that big update for ranged weapons come yet or is that still on the way?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

So I took some castles, and that slowed my daily gold drain + still doing some tourneys for the easy 3k. But now I realized castle management is poo poo! My peasants are not loyal because culture and other things I know nothing about, which has absolutely destroyed the castle prosperity. Amazingly my castle garrison upgraded all of the troops in it to max in ~20 days or so. The garrison now costs a fortune, so I'm going to throw the guys in there I actually want upgraded.

I was trying to run a horse army, but it's just such a pain in the rear end. I think I'm going back to the tried and true legionnaires and a ton of archers. Also, the disciplinarian perk still seems to be in effect even if the text was removed? I have a bunch of bandits that have upgrades I cannot chose because it says "need the disciplinarian perk".

I'm thinking once I get the disciplinarian perk I want to go with a full looter army for funsies. Straight empire upgrade path from my free troops as I destroy all the rest of the empires.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

downout posted:

So I took some castles, and that slowed my daily gold drain + still doing some tourneys for the easy 3k. But now I realized castle management is poo poo! My peasants are not loyal because culture and other things I know nothing about, which has absolutely destroyed the castle prosperity. Amazingly my castle garrison upgraded all of the troops in it to max in ~20 days or so. The garrison now costs a fortune, so I'm going to throw the guys in there I actually want upgraded.

I was trying to run a horse army, but it's just such a pain in the rear end. I think I'm going back to the tried and true legionnaires and a ton of archers. Also, the disciplinarian perk still seems to be in effect even if the text was removed? I have a bunch of bandits that have upgrades I cannot chose because it says "need the disciplinarian perk".

I'm thinking once I get the disciplinarian perk I want to go with a full looter army for funsies. Straight empire upgrade path from my free troops as I destroy all the rest of the empires.

you can boost settlement loyalty by putting in a governor of the same culture (just hire a companion and shove him in there) and building the fairgrounds (or whatever it's called). freshly conquered settlements tend to complain for a long time because having a recently raided village pisses them off

iirc on the beta they put the disciplinarian perk effect on another perk

last i played war horses were a total pain in the rear end to find consistent supplies of. the best way to get them was as loot after beating enemy lords

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 9, 2020

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Every so often I wonder about playing this game again, check the thread to see where it's at, and leave thinking "I'll give it some more time in the oven."

I'm never going to play this game again am I?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Taking a stroll through Aserai lands and hitting all their villages seems like the best olace to buy warhorses. All of the villages who produce desert horses have one or two warhorses for sale and the cities attached to them have a few more.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Wafflecopper posted:

Every so often I wonder about playing this game again, check the thread to see where it's at, and leave thinking "I'll give it some more time in the oven."

I'm never going to play this game again am I?

Dunno it's real good and fun as is

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dunno it's real good and fun as is

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

downout posted:

Also, the disciplinarian perk still seems to be in effect even if the text was removed? I have a bunch of bandits that have upgrades I cannot chose because it says "need the disciplinarian perk".

Shear Modulus posted:

iirc on the beta they put the disciplinarian perk effect on another perk

It got moved to Leadership 150 "Veteran's Respect"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Enjoy posted:

It got moved to Leadership 150 "Veteran's Respect"

Hmm. Is that easier or harder to get?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

Hmm. Is that easier or harder to get?

It was previously at 125 leadership so a bit harder

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Next patch is gonna have a pretty big fix to snowballing. Not only did they change up the cavalry autocalc bonus, they basically instituted a progressive clan tax and welfare. Healthy clans subsidize weak clans so they don't go into a death spiral and end up defect to another side, where they're still weak so they end up defecting again after their signing bonus runs out.

So yeah maybe hold off till the next patch comes out. Of course, then they'll be making more changes for the patch after that and you end up in an endless cycle of always waiting for the next fix. So maybe just play it if you feel like playing computer horses.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Im level ten and selling crafted javelins for 100k+. I did spec for smithing and have done almost nothing but smith and hunt down looters for their sweet sweet trash. still, seems a little broken.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
M&b got dlss added with the most recent nvidia drivers

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

terrorist ambulance posted:

M&b got dlss added with the most recent nvidia drivers

Nice! For people that don't know: DLSS is magic. Run the game at 720p and it looks like 1440p, 1080p looks like 4K, etc but with all the performance gains of the lower resolution.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nvidias-rtx-dlss-technology/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Nice! For people that don't know: DLSS is magic. Run the game at 720p and it looks like 1440p, 1080p looks like 4K, etc but with all the performance gains of the lower resolution.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nvidias-rtx-dlss-technology/

Yeah but you need a 2000 or 3000 series card.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Time to give this game another whirl to see what they've changed in the past few months

I wonder if I can still have insane amounts of completely useless children

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

Time to give this game another whirl to see what they've changed in the past few months

I wonder if I can still have insane amounts of completely useless children

Probably not if playing video games is your hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Did that big update for ranged weapons come yet or is that still on the way?

I was wondering that too, I remember reading about the incoming changes and thinking that'd be a good time to reinstall.