Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

Kenny and Don Callis backstage at Dynamite:

“Impact Wrestling’s Don Callis is going to help me go to Impact Wrestling and win their belts too!”

Same poo poo. I guess maybe this one hit different if you gave a gently caress about Impact or their championships?

If Kenny's gonna go for the Impact title then it makes about one million times more sense to announce that on a show that the people who care about that title actually watch.

Plus the whole Kenny betraying AEW itself thing that was already mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Monkey’s paw closes a finger and Kenny ends up collecting the TNA title or whatever from Moose instead.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Impact is still a very boring show. Watched the first 40 minutes then left until the Kenny thing.

Two Tonys was great but I hope we never see this level of TK on screen in AEW proper.

Also, kind of funny that Kenny's thing was basically "drink more Ovaltine" and a big commercial to watch another big announcement tomorrow.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Kenny and Don should spend the next six months touring local garbage indies and winning their titles due to fuckery

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

Nothing IMPACT has can compare to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB2ek6WcXBk

i wasn't too sure about will's bit last week but yeah no this poo poo's loving gold

lmfao that first segment already has me rolling

"Oh yeah, sex!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I hope this is all leading to Twin Toneys winning the Impact tag titles

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Monkey’s paw closes a finger and Kenny ends up collecting the TNA title or whatever from Moose instead.

I am seeing the x division challenger is TBD for their PPV this Saturday, which is unfortunately named Final Resolution and its apparently not the first time they’ve used that name.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I am seeing the x division challenger is TBD for their PPV this Saturday, which is unfortunately named Final Resolution and its apparently not the first time they’ve used that name.

It's a good name... when the PPV was in January after people have made all of their resolutions.

It makes no sense in December.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

It's a good name... when the PPV was in January after people have made all of their resolutions.

It makes no sense in December.

I understand what they’re going for, but one prefix off from “final solution” is some Icarus level asking for trouble.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I understand what they’re going for, but one prefix off from “final solution” is some Icarus level asking for trouble.

Final resolution is a common term so I don't really think it has ever been trouble for them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

All I'm saying is 2 Belts Britt better watch her back.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I’ve thought about it and the obvious booking solution here is for Moxley to immediately challenge Omega to a title vs. title match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tony Schiavone's line about leaving the business :discourse:

Also loved TK's little double-take when he did the math on Schiavone saying he hadn't spoken to Sting in 25 years :lol:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think BTE edged out Sammy's Vlog this week but it was really close.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Marko Stunt stuff was really weird on Sammy's Vlog, but his bit on BTE with Jericho randomly walking by and declaring,"You should write a book!" was great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

The Marko Stunt stuff was really weird on Sammy's Vlog, but his bit on BTE with Jericho randomly walking by and declaring,"You should write a book!" was great.

The walking segments were weird but the pay off of Hulkamatt living in his house was cool.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

no spoilers but watch Dark for Marko this week if you haven't

trust me

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

NienNunb posted:

A new anti-Shaq strategy emerges...

https://youtu.be/Ujze28iIE4c

Now, if it was a barbed wire Christmas tree...

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Someone pointed out this tweet that makes.. a lot more sense now.

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1286601758429585409

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Impact got 50k viewers tonight on a feed that's usually drawing 3k, so that's pretty cool, Kenny is a proven draw.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Marko did a thing on Dark: https://streamable.com/h8bzc2

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I want Kenny to eventually bring a wheelbarrow full of belts with him to the ring.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
when will we get kenny omega vs beau james

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

This is really good. It would be too much copying Elias when doing this, but this would be a good idea to use if he wants to get away from being 'tiny guy in Jurassic Express'

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

That would actually rule. Between the TNA Title and the Mega Championship, Kenny would start calling himself the Triple Crown Champion despite two of his three titles being poo poo that no one cares about

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh my god, he wants the Princess of Princess Championship too!

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Seeing Marko Stunt perform a 4 minute original song then seeing Tony Khan and eventually Kenny Omega on IMPACT Wrestling as AEW World Champion is probably one of the more interesting nights of pro wrestling I've watched. Pretty neat

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Next time you do a song on your show, how about one that doesn’t repeat so much or has anything to do with wrestling? Could be cool

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Impact thread: 691 replies
Dark thread: 4859 replies

Another win... for the good guys.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm waiting for the posting demos.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I wasn't expecting much from Impact but I'd say it exceeded my expectations. I thought it was fine. The matches themselves were pretty decent but just too much filler otherwise. Much more tolerable than WWE anyway, I didn't have a ball of agitation in the pit of my stomach or wasn't super annoyed watching so that's something.

The Tonys commercial and Callis/Kenny promo were both quite good and I'm interested to see where this whole thing goes. I just don't know if I really want to watch Impact every week (if aew is involved every week anyway), but we'll see.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Impact thread: 691 replies
Dark thread: 4859 replies

Another win... for the good guys.

You have spat in the face of AEW's closest ally, you seek to divide not unite

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

yea ok posted:

"one night then i quit the business for 18 years" lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtg-HSJT7b4

loltna

... this is the most unexpected thing and he should just quit wrestling for this or hell put him with MJF

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

DuhSal posted:

I wasn't expecting much from Impact but I'd say it exceeded my expectations. I thought it was fine. The matches themselves were pretty decent but just too much filler otherwise. Much more tolerable than WWE anyway, I didn't have a ball of agitation in the pit of my stomach or wasn't super annoyed watching so that's something.

The Tonys commercial and Callis/Kenny promo were both quite good and I'm interested to see where this whole thing goes. I just don't know if I really want to watch Impact every week (if aew is involved every week anyway), but we'll see.

The matches were ok, the main event was pretty good, Kenny and Callis were great, but good lord, the announcing and the backstage segments were horrendous as was Sami Calihan.

Dark was so much more entertaining and it is mostly squash matches. Taz and Excalibur are really good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Big Bicep Tony is a messy bitch that lives for drama

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Rarity posted:

Big Bicep Tony is a messy bitch that lives for drama

Yes, but he keeps it under wraps at the office unlike Kenny.

e:

MJeff posted:

Oh my god, he wants the Princess of Princess Championship too!

gently caress
YOU
KENNY

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I live for the two Tonys and Britt Baker's dancing.

I love how AEW will let their wrestlers show their various talents.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Duke Pukem posted:

The matches were ok, the main event was pretty good, Kenny and Callis were great, but good lord, the announcing and the backstage segments were horrendous as was Sami Calihan.

Dark was so much more entertaining and it is mostly squash matches. Taz and Excalibur are really good

I thought majority of the backstage stuff, while poorly delivered, were fine in the content. Agreed on Sami Calihan being trash. I also didn't mind the announcing but definitely wouldn't describe it as all that great but not so bad that I couldn't take it. It had moments where it was fine and moments where it was not good.

I'll be watching Dark tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it, as always. I have no doubts it was much more entertaining. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DuhSal posted:

I also didn't mind the announcing but definitely wouldn't describe it as all that great but not so bad that I couldn't take it. It had moments where it was fine and moments where it was not good.

It would have been nice if Matthews actually let Madison talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

It would have been nice if Matthews actually let Madison talk

yea that's true. now that you mention it, I nearly forgot it was a two person booth for a good chunk of that time. he definitely hogged the airtime.