Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
giogetmayonnaise

e: shameful snype

https://i.imgur.com/bO2MGoA.mp4

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Thoatse posted:

giogetmayonnaise

^^ the average commando's reaction to being told that SC is a garbage fire.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gravity_Storm posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/the-mercury-star-runner-has-a-hidden-tunnel-system

Thread: 'The Mercury Star Runner has a hidden tunnel system to get around the ship. Why don't city spaceports and space stations have the same system to evade and get around Security Forces?'

Answer: because its not in Star Wars.

Because why the gently caress would you build a spaceport and include a way for criminals to evade your own security measures.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Sarsapariller posted:

It is the 21st Century. For more than 8 years the Emperor of Griftkind has set immobile on the Golden Throne of Kickstarter. He is the master of grift by the will of the gods and master of a million Caiman Island bank accounts by the might of his inexhaustible whales. He is a drooling moron writhing invisibly with power from a million contractors. He is the Sexy Bear Avatar of the vast collection of Citizens for whom a thousand artists souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly go bankrupt.

Yet even in his unbelievably dense state, the Emperor continues His eternal scope creep. Mighty battlefleets cross the screens of Unreal Engine, the only framework robust enough to render them, their progress enabled by the Mocapstronomican, the psychic manifestation of a quarter billion dollars lit on fire. Vast armies do not give battle in His name on uncounted worlds- it is more like 50 guys, on 4 moons. Greatest among His soldiers are the Evocatii, the Super Whales, bio-engineered simps with the wallets of champions. Their comrades in arms are legion: the German Horde and countless floor-mopping plebian scrubs, the ever-vigilant Forum Anti-Defamation League, and the tech-priests of the almighty Spectrum to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to the grift that someone, somewhere, might consider the whole thing a waste of money- or far worse, worthy of a refund.

To be a Citizen in such times is to be one amongst untold dozens. It is to live in the cruelest and most stupid regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there are only sales. There is no release amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and pledging, and the laughter of thirsting starlets.

:five: :five: :five:

Ten thousand years ago the Spectrum was racked by a terrible civil war called the Refund Heresy. Almost half of the faithful legions of that time turned to facts and rebelled, plunging Reddit into a terrible war from which it has never fully recovered.

Banned, the traitor legions retreated to the something awful where they lurk still, consumed by their hatred of the Imperium. Twisted by continual contact with released games, Goons have become a terrible canker that eats at the heart of the Imperium and they might, one day, have their revenge.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

Because why the gently caress would you build a spaceport and include a way for criminals to evade your own security measures.

What's your PvP dial set to???

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Sarsapariller posted:

Store Citizer: the ROC will often try to punch the ceiling randomly during entry/exit of the ship

Store Citizer: The game will repeatedly try to punch your balls during long stretches of doing nothing.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I've preloaded and prepared Doritoes, Lay's, and Buds took 2 days off for Cyberpunk 2077.

Also bought an Idris.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Sunswipe posted:

You obviously don’t understand (Roberts) game design.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
A security gate with guards, metal detectors and cameras. You look to your right in plain sight of everyone there is a 10 foot tall ventilation duct in the wall with busted fan that has a left a human sized gap. It has a conga line of Citizens making their way inside each holding a single 1' x 1' box.

This is fidelity.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

A Literal Game Dad posted:

I've had an 890 Jump for a while, but never got a lot of use out of it, besides checking it out once in a while and randomly landing somewhere for a bit. Enter my almost 3yo son. He has been showing interest in space ships for a bit so I figured I show him some in Star Citizen. The last one I introduced as 'massive', 'huge', and 'lots of rooms'. That last part struck a cord and we explored the 890 Jump together to find all the rooms. Now, he begs me for looking at more rooms in the 890, he knows there is a kitchen, a steam room with coals and towels, a pool, his own bedroom, a bedroom for his grandparents, and he'll yell 'let's go to the bar!'. The latter thoroughly confused my wife when she overheard us...

So now I spend at least 15-20 minutes every day walking through the 890 Jump with my son, finding towels, soap, shampoo, bottles and bubbles in the aquariums. I feel like I'm slowly getting some of its value back now.

Raising the next generation

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Thoatse posted:

giogetmayonnaise

Jesus, that cat's face looks like a pair of anal fissures

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

giogetmayonnaise

it's so grumpy....

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

BrotherJayne posted:

Jesus, that cat's face looks like a pair of anal fissures

No, your face looks like a pair of anal fissures! Let me at him! I'll knock his block off! Why I oughta...!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Time_pants posted:

No, your face looks like a pair of anal fissures! Let me at him! I'll knock his block off! Why I oughta...!

xD audible chuckle issued

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

monkeytek posted:

Here is the list of incredibly insane work arounds to do the most basic game loop in any SCIFI MMO. HAVE FUN!

:lol:

All of this just to engage in some boring implementation of mining that’s basically just NMS but you have to babysit a bunch of meters or the rock will explode.

I wonder if you have to ritually slaughter a chicken and drip it’s blood on your PC too?

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Last King posted:

it's so grumpy....

That cat ain’t grumpy, it’s furious.

Furious with the whole drat human race I bet.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the star runner seriously comes with pre-installed smuggling tubes? i am just fuckin laffin now.

all the richest cartels use the Ford Coyote, with pre-installed drug compartments in the wheel wells. Customs doesnt know!

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

colonelwest posted:

:lol:

I wonder if you have to ritually slaughter a chicken and drip it’s blood on your PC too?

CIG will sell you ritual kits and imitation blood to use. Each kit is single use and comes in xian, vanduul and whatever the other dumbfuck aliens are. $85 + shipping to boost your play experience!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

the star runner seriously comes with pre-installed smuggling tubes? i am just fuckin laffin now.

all the richest cartels use the Ford Coyote, with pre-installed drug compartments in the wheel wells. Customs doesnt know!

Yes I would like the floor model that comes with the built in smuggling option that definitely wouldn't be known about by literally everyone.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It’s a strange aspect of their bigger ships, given how much they’re hyped and fetishized. You’re never getting a pristine model straight from the factory, you’re always getting a ship that has seemingly been customized and lived in by someone else. Like look at all of the crap that’s placed around the Origin whale yachts.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m so excited for City Citizen to be released!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Kikas posted:

I have no Idea if this is real, but neither is Star Citizen so enjoy

Probably wouldn't be that difficult to mod that texture in even if it's not real.

But more respect to Projekt Red if it is.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

theres no way it's real. that'd be a big legal issue.

then again cdpr is apparently trying to kill epileptic fans so who knows what's up with them

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
it's not. no way beta of SC would release before 2077.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Dwesa posted:

it's not. no way beta of SC would release before 2077.
Early days

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017

Thoatse posted:

giogetmayonnaise

A cat for our times. 2020 cat.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Sankis posted:

theres no way it's real. that'd be a big legal issue.

then again cdpr is apparently trying to kill epileptic fans so who knows what's up with them

Probably safer and easier to mod a Crobbear face in some graffiti or collage art.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

early eons

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Death of a spaceman: Funerals posted:

When we finally lose our character to its final death, there should be more than just a transfer of assets to your next of kin character. There should be an amazing funeral scene that reflects on your characters accomplishments, history and reputations.

Remember the scene in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 where Yondu gets a proper Ravager Funeral? That is what I am talking about here.

Depending on your reputations, you would get a different type of funeral. The higher up in rank the bigger the ordeal. Different characters could be shown at attendance of the funeral.

On the one end of the spectrum, If you died early with no rep from anything and no accomplishments, you might just get a lonely scene of a casket going into a crematorium furnace. On the other end either a full Ravager style funeral, or a full honor military funeral with flyovers and 'guest appearances', or a lie in state type funeral with hundreds of AI walking past a casket on display in a prominent building. If you were a big enough honcho, then you should get a systemwide in-game news stream for that character.

I know it is kind of late for such a suggestion. But I think that this not only would be a very cool and memorable cinematic, it would be a necessary closure to the loss of your character.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

:ughh:

Hopefully the bartender attends.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Press F to pay for a funeral scene.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Will a full blown funeral service be required every time you fall through a floor? Come to think of it, RSI should start selling fancy coffins with real money.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

It can't just be a cutscene. That wouldn't be fidelitous enough. The ceremony must happen in-universe before transfer of assets can occur. That way someone else can ram their ship into the process, killing everyone in attendance, forcing another 3-30 ceremonies to occur, which can be attacked in-universe, until everyone is waiting for someone to organize their funeral and no one can respawn.

FIDELITY!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dwesa posted:

Press F to pay for a funeral scene.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

One thing is for sure, Chris Roberts has never pressed F.

TheBombPhilosopher
Jan 6, 2020
The expansion to the 16-year old MMO World of Warcraft, Shadowlands, has become the fasting selling PC game in history, selling 3.7 million units by its November 23 general release. This is about 166 million dollars of revenue. Of course, these numbers will pale in comparison when Chris Robert's finally releases his glorious magnum opus, Squadrons 54. How many units was CIG targeting according to the TheAgent leaks again? Far less than what will actually be sold, I'm sure.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

:discourse:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

World of Warcraft - Serenity Now - The Winterspring Funeral Raid

Star Citizen's future?

ronmcd
Aug 27, 2017

quote:

There should be an amazing funeral scene that reflects on your characters accomplishments, history and reputations.

A whale funeral?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
At the end of the funeral Taps begins playing softly in the background as the coffin clips through the ground and descends to the ball of cargo crates at the center of the planet.

:sadwave: