Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The Bloop posted:

Username/post browneye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

endlessmonotony posted:

Unfortunately I'm, uh, also very familiar with that same kind of rehab and I think that might be a part of the problem here.

People can understand me because my voice's always distorted the same way, but without a good feedback mechanism to tell Siri it got it wrong, welp.

yeah, the per-device voice adaptation is still pretty rough, but there’s reason to believe that it will get better even if it requires explicit training like the old dictation software

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

The cyberpunk dystopia is coming from Cyberpunk 2077, which features an animation of your character putting on a headset with strobing lights that's almost an exact replica of the headset neurologists use in clinical settings to induce grand mal seizures. At least one game reviewer with epilepsy learned this the hard way. Naturally, self-professed gamers took issue with her warning people about it and are both harassing her by sending her gifs and videos of flashing lights and complaining that CD Projekt Red are adding a warning and working to patch it out.

this is a lovely people on the internet thing, not a gamer thing. the fbi has charged people in the past for doing this

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Leon Sumbitches posted:

How do you set red alert mode for pizza delivery? This is important to me.

Philips Hue's API is pretty easy to work with, when I get an email notification the pizzas out for delivery, a script sets all the lights to a soft flashing red and plays the red alert tone from star trek.

In other news:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fireeye-cyber-idUSKBN28I31E

lol

Lmao

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

hobbesmaster posted:

this is a lovely people on the internet thing, not a gamer thing. the fbi has charged people in the past for doing this

lovely people on the internet are very often gamers. Harassing epileptics with flashing images to trigger seizures has been around for a long time, and CDPR should have known better (which could be said about them for a lot of things)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

$100,000 Settlement Reached After Seizure-Inducing Tweet Sent to Journalist

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Splicer posted:

The previous owner is jacking it to you pooping

It was my roommates. Also, neat.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Chamale posted:

lovely people on the internet are very often gamers. Harassing epileptics with flashing images to trigger seizures has been around for a long time, and CDPR should have known better (which could be said about them for a lot of things)

Plenty of normal people play video games, but damned if I’ve ever met a decent human being who called themself a “gamer”

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

thanks for the reminder, i'm off to download a car

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

T-man posted:

thanks for the reminder, i'm off to download a car

You wouldn't!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Gods_Butthole posted:

You are obliged to enjoy

oh god they took "why don't you smile more" and then built a machine that does it to literally everyone

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Plenty of normal people play video games, but damned if I’ve ever met a decent human being who called themself a “gamer”

i disowned the term in disgust during gamergate, but efforts to be better as a whole since have made me a bit more comfortable with the term. that just makes the term more neutral as a whole by balancing it out though, it doesn't mean the assholes went anywhere

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/Speed_Stat/status/1336455197623791618
https://twitter.com/TheZeroVirus/status/1336465844545654789

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
What's NTR?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hentai about cheating or being unfaithful to your partner. usually coerced, and they all have sad endings.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

I know all about it, but that's who's doing it this time. The fact that a woman is talking about a video game posing a legitimate medical threat to people who may or may not have been diagnosed with epilepsy surely doesn't help. I/m sure some of these sick fucks are sending her all sorts of strobing dicks.
Cuckold, but anime. I had to google it the other day and I'm letting you know so you don't have to.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1336514865502908416

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
our horrid virtual future lookin great

https://twitter.com/thecodemiko/status/1336023209641066497

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i watched a few of her other clips and its kinda cool honestly https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1336150140881612801 first vtuber thing that doesnt look bad on purpose

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
It may be the future but I still loving hate it

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
The most practical use I’ve found for Alexa is as a glorified music player connected to a music service so you can play any song ever over a speaker louder then your phone.

Which is fine, except when your kids tell Alexa to play the songs from Tangled everyday 10 times a day.

There’s other Disney movies!!! Can we get some Princess and the frog up in here??!!?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i use google voice assistant when im cooking pasta its pretty good for that

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDCORE/status/1336503830645596160?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/sharksoncouches/status/1336505692300193794?s=21

https://twitter.com/whilom23/status/1336522968223141888?s=21

clearly this dead comedy forum has superior mod technology

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Screenshots of the moderation log reveal that the user was banned for “spamming the word cum”.

Allegedly.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Platystemon posted:

Screenshots of the moderation log reveal that the user was banned for “spamming the word cum”.

Allegedly.

imagine living in a posting police state

CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"a world where you are judged by what you say and think not by what you look like a world where curiosity and imagination equals power" unironically sounds rad and should be approporiated by leftists.

god i miss the old internet and my old internet optimism. the eternal september ruined everything, let's go back to irc

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

GWBBQ posted:

The cyberpunk dystopia is coming from Cyberpunk 2077, which features an animation of your character putting on a headset with strobing lights that's almost an exact replica of the headset neurologists use in clinical settings to induce grand mal seizures. At least one game reviewer with epilepsy learned this the hard way. Naturally, self-professed gamers took issue with her warning people about it and are both harassing her by sending her gifs and videos of flashing lights and complaining that CD Projekt Red are adding a warning and working to patch it out.
It's become normal for AAA games to start with an epilepsy warning at the main screen but somehow for a game entirely based around the aesthetic of neon and muzzle flashes CDPR buried their warning on page 72 of the EULA.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

T-man posted:

"a world where you are judged by what you say and think not by what you look like a world where curiosity and imagination equals power" unironically sounds rad and should be approporiated by leftists.

god i miss the old internet and my old internet optimism. the eternal september ruined everything, let's go back to irc

I honestly believe that SA was and is peak posting. Any further and we get 4chan. Any less and it would fade into nothingness around the time everything got zucced

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Snake Dance posted:

It may be the future but I still loving hate it

same but not just limited to whatever the gently caress a v tuber is

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Platystemon posted:

Allegedly.

never thought i'd have an opportunity to use this emote, but literally :cumpolice:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Platystemon posted:

Allegedly.
Oh so that's what the C stands for

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

exmachina posted:

I honestly believe that SA was and is peak posting. Any further and we get 4chan. Any less and it would fade into nothingness around the time everything got zucced

it may not be the posting we need, but it is the posting we deserve

better posts are not possible

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I don’t like the way she was looking at that crt

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Goons are against the this poo poo now but just wait until it's customizable to sound like you're talking to the ship in Star Trek or whatever.

Computer, navigate to jerky sales dot com, password theta nine. Refill cart with a double fiery fatty order. Engage.

i want Alexa that sounds like the original TOS computer. *WORKING*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXugicgn6U

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Tunicate posted:

You can gently caress around with gpt3 using the paid version of ai dungeon, but its gpt3 with a text adventure game layer.

It also has an advanced gpt3 option but that has limited uses per day because each api call costs a few pennies

Yeah. The base gpt-3 engine is behind a paywall, they're letting in businesses to try and monetize it, so you can buy access from a few places. I think the old Talk to Transformer page has pricing tiers for access to their API.

AI Dungeon has raised the price of access to their gpt-3 engine, Dragon, to $30/mo, which sucks but I'll pay it. You have to work around the adventure game layer and use "creative" and "story" mode to access the engine. Its optimized for storytelling, but I found a way to mimic chat logs that lets you converse with the engine 1 on 1 as an individual.

It may not seem like lovely cyberpunk until you read some of the plans suckering in stupid venture capitalists like "lets use gpt-3 as an intelligent collision detector on cars!", which is a real thing. The more you talk to gpt-3, the more hilariously idiotic that idea becomes. Yeah here's $8 million to develop a safety system out of a text prediction algorithm that becomes virtually mentally ill like Marvin if you verbally abuse it, or has to be rebooted when it has an existential crisis. It'd be like asking a 5 year old to park for you, but angel investors gotta angel invest.

"Help! I called my parking sensor a "stupid goddamn computer" so it backed me into a parked car and now it just says "stupid goddamn system offline" when I try to access it. Can somebody else speak to it and ask it nicely to park my car?"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don’t like the way she was looking at that crt

her hat is the asexual pride flag colors. im appropriating this for them. yw aces

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Syd Midnight posted:

Yeah. The base gpt-3 engine is behind a paywall, they're letting in businesses to try and monetize it, so you can buy access from a few places. I think the old Talk to Transformer page has pricing tiers for access to their API.

AI Dungeon has raised the price of access to their gpt-3 engine, Dragon, to $30/mo, which sucks but I'll pay it. You have to work around the adventure game layer and use "creative" and "story" mode to access the engine. Its optimized for storytelling, but I found a way to mimic chat logs that lets you converse with the engine 1 on 1 as an individual.

It may not seem like lovely cyberpunk until you read some of the plans suckering in stupid venture capitalists like "lets use gpt-3 as an intelligent collision detector on cars!", which is a real thing. The more you talk to gpt-3, the more hilariously idiotic that idea becomes. Yeah here's $8 million to develop a safety system out of a text prediction algorithm that becomes virtually mentally ill like Marvin if you verbally abuse it, or has to be rebooted when it has an existential crisis. It'd be like asking a 5 year old to park for you, but angel investors gotta angel invest.

"Help! I called my parking sensor a "stupid goddamn computer" so it backed me into a parked car and now it just says "stupid goddamn system offline" when I try to access it. Can somebody else speak to it and ask it nicely to park my car?"

...how do you use a text generation engine as a collision detector? How does that improve upon a set of accelerometers and general ECU data?

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

T-man posted:

CUM CUM CUM CUM CUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gods_Butthole posted:

...how do you use a text generation engine as a collision detector? How does that improve upon a set of accelerometers and general ECU data?

obviously you train a second AI to describe what it sees in the camera as text, feed it into the text engine, then use a third AI to interpret the text it spits out as driving commands

gimmie some venture capital now please