Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

There is probably some bias in the data, as commbank has poo poo for interest, so -like me- the savings go into a different bank. But to think that 70% of people at my age have a hundred dollar buffer or less is unsettling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no save, only spend!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

when society collapses, my debt and your savings are all gone, but i'll have more material things to barter with.

will trade one seadoo for a pallet of food thx

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I have four times the super of comparable 36 year olds lol :tif:

Whoops four haha. I can't count but it doesn't matter because industry funds nerds do it for me.

JBP fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 9, 2020

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Whoops four haha. I can't count but it doesn't matter because industry funds nerds do it for me.

give me your super

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GoldStandardConure posted:

give me your super

No. I'm an imbecile that elected to forego income and die before I can claim the money and that's how it will stay.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The best part of the industrial relations reforms is like the earlier covid reforms the ability to make changes are time limited but the changes made under the temporary anti-worker provisions are permanent

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

The fact you're younger than me (just) makes me feel loving old.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's impossible to convince olds no matter what the numbers everywhere say: young people have no loving money

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's impossible to convince olds no matter what the numbers everywhere say: young people have no loving money

Why dont they just buy an investment property?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Senor Tron posted:

The fact you're younger than me (just) makes me feel loving old.

I'm a spring chicken :baby:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rubbish, my son and his friends have plenty of money

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

gently caress marry kill?

gently caress the fundie, marry the ineffectual leader, and kill the oval office.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BrigadierSensible posted:

gently caress the fundie, marry the ineffectual leader, and kill the oval office.

You're going to need to be more specific here.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Uhh if they don't have money then why do they all have iPhones? :agesilaus:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

What the actual gently caress

Guardian posted:

Peter Dutton has been forced to withdraw a comment branding the Greens leader as an “enemy of the state” during torrid debate on the new Asio powers bill.

The legislation - which lowers the minimum age for compulsory questioning on terrorism-related matters to 14 years, and expands the type of issues that can be subject to questioning to include espionage and foreign interference - sailed through the lower house a short time ago.

Labor attempted to move some amendments, including ensuring that a judge continue to be involved in signing off on compulsory questioning warrants rather than just putting it in the hands of the attorney general, but those amendments failed (59 votes in favour to 61 votes against).

Guardian Australia had previously reported on the push from Labor to keep what it described as a Howard government safeguard, or “double lock”, on signing off on questioning warrants - but Labor ended up voting for the bill even without that safeguard in place.

The Greens leader, Adam Bandt, claimed the new powers would give the attorney general unfettered powers, and that Labor should be prepared to vote down the entire bill if the amendments did not succeed.

Dutton said he wanted to thanks shadow attorney general Mark Dreyfus for his contribution to the debate but the home affairs minister said he hoped somebody fact checked Bandt’s “appalling contribution”.

“People will take it at face value and discount it as an appalling contribution. You [Bandt] make Australians unsafe, you make Australians unsafe through your pathetic contributions and your stances in relation to these matters.”

Dutton said ensuring safety and protection of the Australian community was the first priority of the Morrison government, and the security agencies needed the capability to counter the threats of politically motivated violence, terrorism espionage and foreign interference.

Both Dutton and Dreyfus pointed to the fact the bill included repeal of the more intrusive “questioning and detention” powers.

Dutton moved some amendments in response to recommendations of the parliamentary joint committee on intelligence and security. Dutton praised the work of Liberal committee chair Andrew Hastie and Labor deputy chair Anthony Byrne, whom he described as “two absolutely patriotic and professional” MPs “in complete contrast to the enemy of the state, the member for Melbourne [Bandt], as was represented before in his contribution”.

Bandt demanded that the minister withdraw and apology for unparliamentary remark, prompting Dutton to withdraw the comment.

This loving government...

This goddamn opposition

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Animal Friend posted:

What the actual gently caress

This loving government...

This goddamn opposition

It's gonna be great when Dutton manages to fall into the PM chair at some point.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You mean when the Dark Lord ascends to his rightful place.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

It's gonna be great when Dutton manages to fall into the PM chair at some point.

Won't ever happen (because Morrison will turn out to be the next Howard)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If we get another Howard that means we get another K Rudd

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

"Victoria is a secular state. If equality is difficult for you, then that is on you. That is your issue and your problem.”

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

bowmore posted:

If we get another Howard that means we get another K Rudd

https://youtu.be/6-XvekA33XM

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hambeet posted:

"Victoria is a secular state. If equality is difficult for you, then that is on you. That is your issue and your problem.”

Nice to see a bit of good news for a change.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

hambeet posted:

Context please

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/repulsive-to-god-why-saad-welcomes-daniel-andrews-gay-conversion-law-20201210-p56mhg.html

It's no longer cool (or will be if it passes) to tell people they're just confused, not gay.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wish NSW had someone half as good as Dandrews.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I said it at the last state election - they should let us vote for VicLab instead of NSWLab.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Just move to Victoria :shrug: it makes sense

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

bell jar posted:

Just move to Victoria :shrug: it makes sense

Seems like the fair compromise to move to a state with an ineffectual LAB government first so you don't get political shock. I recommend queensland

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The Australian covid vaccine made it look like all the recipients had aids, so they scrapped it

https://amp.smh.com.au/politics/fed...impression=true

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/skyaustnews/status/1337271764162813953

Headline gets wilder with every word

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Urcher posted:

Headline gets wilder with every word

Yooooou are not kidding, what the gently caress?

e: oh lmao, they got me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sadly not real :/

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Parody news you can't ignore, parody opinions you can't hide from. Think you can ignore us? Think again. A Sky News Australia parody.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Bad customer service? How about NO customer service - from Qantas!

Qantas has shut down their entire customer service branch it seems.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
now that's innovation

Telstra basically have no customer service at the moment either. No matter what path I follow in their automatic question gauntlet, it eventually tells me to download the app and hangs up on me.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

realbez posted:

now that's innovation

Telstra basically have no customer service at the moment either. No matter what path I follow in their automatic question gauntlet, it eventually tells me to download the app and hangs up on me.

Ah, I see they outsourced to Roberta and Ken Williams

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Ah, I see they outsourced to Roberta and Ken Williams

Lol

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I wish NSW had someone half as good as Dandrews.

Whatever you think about him as a politician (and he has a lot of things to answer for) during Victoria's lockdown he very clearly made solving that crisis his life's work and his legacy, consequences to his political career be damned, and I think that's exactly what we should expect of our leaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

freebooter posted:

Whatever you think about him as a politician (and he has a lot of things to answer for) during Victoria's lockdown he very clearly made solving that crisis his life's work and his legacy, consequences to his political career be damned, and I think that's exactly what we should expect of our leaders.

Probably shouldn't have fuckheaded an outbreak to begin with instead