Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

TheFluff posted:

Geo MC actually does a lot of damage if you build for it (see e.g. that galaxy brain geo-MC video where the boulder crits for like 20k damage every 5 seconds), problem is of course that it's geo and doesn't make a whole lot of sense without a second geo character on the team. Anemo MC with VV is pretty solid though, especially once you get C6, although their burst is rather janky. Their numbers are pretty good so it makes sense to build some pure damage stats on them too.

Yeah, the problem is that I ranked up all the talents for anemo MC rather than geo. I had some spare talent books to crank up the geo talents a bit, but anemo is the one that's maxed out currently. It looks like in the end, anemo is better as a support and geo is better on point. I'll have to see what the anemo domain is like.

Stanko-Prussian posted:

God drat today's gliding challenge is a pain in the rear end.

I got today's in two tries (only the first day's challenge I knocked out in one go). The one from two days ago took me five or six tries, since the pathing is so weird and it really feels like the game expects you to land and re-glide once or twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

One other thing, when it says Qiqi's abilities scale off her ATK, that's just her base ATK + weapon ATK right? Am I right in thinking that if I gave her a +ATK% sword her abilities don't gain anything from it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

inthesto posted:

Yeah, the problem is that I ranked up all the talents for anemo MC rather than geo. I had some spare talent books to crank up the geo talents a bit, but anemo is the one that's maxed out currently. It looks like in the end, anemo is better as a support and geo is better on point. I'll have to see what the anemo domain is like.
Anemo domain is fortunately quite easy and anemo is very effective against it. Anemo MC is solid especially if you don't own Sucrose/Venti and gets a lot better at C6 (AR46).

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Snips posted:

I hit my 5* pity and got Qiqi instead of Zhongli, which I'm happy with since I was never going to use him anyway.

My only problem now is that I don't have enough swords to go around. My only non craftable 4* is the BP sword I have on Keqing but I also have Jean, Bennett, Xingqiu and now Qiqi wanting swords. And 3 of those want to use the 3* skyrider sword over any other 3*

She's well worth it. Qiqi has been in my party since day 1 more or less. She's really loving good and people don't seem to care much about her just because she's not a DPS. She's already really good with her E, but she becomes even better once you get her A4 and you can pop some talismans on enemies quickly.

Meanwhile I'm trying to decide who to run with Keqing as a carry. Should I do something like Keqing/Bennett/Xiangling/Venti or Sucrose, or maybe Keqing/Diona/Qiqi/Venti or Sucrose, or maybe some pairing with Xingqiu? I assume you want an anemo on the team for VV and someone who is able to cause reactions... I assume double Cryo is really good because it'd boost her crits.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Framboise posted:

Should I do something like Keqing/Bennett/Xiangling/Venti
Yes, do exactly this one. It's my favorite team! Venti/Bennett/Xiangling are incredible together because Bennett and Venti have OP orb generation and Xiangling has an incredibly powerful expensive ult that benefits from Venti's grouping. Keqing is just there to fill up space between their Es and Qs (and is very good at the job).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got a critical damage witch hat with OK substats and another good witch hourglass with %attack as its main stat and crit rate/crit damage/ flat attack and energy recharge. Problem is that it hit flat attack twice in the upgrades. Now my regular attacks crit for 3k and charges hit for like 15 on vaporize.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm looking for a crit damage witch hat right now. Hoping to find it within 50 more runs.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Anyone know what is up with mobs sometimes dropping artifacts? Is it totally random, or are there certain enemies that are guaranteed to drop them and others don't?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eligibility is determined by enemy type and not specific abyss mages/ruin guards etc on the map. The enemy types that can drop them should say so in the handbook. It's quite rare for them to do so, to the point that people who farm every enemy on the map for four hours end up with 12 artifacts or so.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

Yes, do exactly this one. It's my favorite team! Venti/Bennett/Xiangling are incredible together because Bennett and Venti have OP orb generation and Xiangling has an incredibly powerful expensive ult that benefits from Venti's grouping. Keqing is just there to fill up space between their Es and Qs (and is very good at the job).

Cool poo poo. What builds should I be running on Benny and Xiang?

Also, holy poo poo I need to stop pulling. As much as Zhongli is pretty, I'll never really use him and if Ganyu is (hopefully) next (they wouldn't run two consecutive geodudes with Albedo, would they?), I want to slam dunk the wish button for her. My Tartaglia pull was 12 pages ago on the history list, so I'm getting real close to pity on this banner. A shame, because I never managed to pull Xinyan and I'd love more Razor/Chong constellations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bennett the standard build is 4 piece noblesse ER sands ER weapon. It's really hard to argue with it he's ulting every 12 seconds and it's so strong. I put atk on him but HP is probably better, I just have more fun doing damage with his Es.

Xiangling is ER weapon, ER sands, pyro cup, attack or crit helmet, 2 witch 2 glad/noblesse (either is fine). I have favonious lance so I needed the helmet to be crit but it's pretty optional and given that sands is ER atk is probably better.

Venti recharges his ult so fast that I skip ER sands on him and use ATK.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 9, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Framboise posted:

My Tartaglia pull was 12 pages ago on the history list, so I'm getting real close to pity on this banner. A shame, because I never managed to pull Xinyan and I'd love more Razor/Chong constellations.

You can pull up to 75 times (exactly) with minimal danger of pulling another Zhongli. Soft pity shoots way way up after that, though. Do not do your 76th pull unless you're okay with getting the corresponding 5*.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 9, 2020

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Grateful to hear the talk about weapon rarity a few pages ago. I've had some insane luck and was coming away with the wrong impression about how infrequently they get dropped. 5 boss kills down, 2 catalysts and a polearm prototype.

I'm using xianling for dps, zhongli for shielding/burst, barbara for heals, and I have a level 1 Ningguang I'm considering investing in. What should I do weapon-wise with those options and the BP weapon I have yet to choose? Wait for the 1.2 info?
(I'm mostly using a team of anemo traveler/fischl/barbara/zhongli, sometimes xiangling/amber/barb/zhongli, and I have access to razor, xanyan, xingqui, and the freebies. I've gotten like 4 new characters in the last month and I'm not sure what to do with them).

Also I just hit AR 30. Once my character and weapon levels are up to snuff and I can farm the artifact domains for 4 stars, what should I be focusing on?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
1.2 better have more map pins. I'm out and haven't even marked everything I want to mark.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This game sucks, why can't I stop playing it.

I wish they would let you reduce the world level somehow. I'm afraid to get to the next one and have stuff be more of a grind. 40 just happens and I was expecting a trial or something like the last time.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

xedo posted:

Also I just hit AR 30. Once my character and weapon levels are up to snuff and I can farm the artifact domains for 4 stars, what should I be focusing on?

Don't farm the artifact domains for 4*s, it's a total waste of resin. It's best to leave those domains well alone until AR 45 (which is when you start getting guaranteed 5*s).

You will eventually want to have two teams (8 fully capable characters), so if you're happy with your main team, start working on your secondary! Doing leylines is also never a waste of resin, you will very much run out of both mora and XP books (this might not be apparent at AR 30, but trust me).

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

Bennett the standard build is 4 piece noblesse ER sands ER weapon. It's really hard to argue with it he's ulting every 12 seconds and it's so strong. I put atk on him but HP is probably better, I just have more fun doing damage with his Es.

Xiangling is ER weapon, ER sands, pyro cup, attack or crit helmet, 2 witch 2 glad/noblesse (either is fine). I have favonious lance so I needed the helmet to be crit but it's pretty optional and given that sands is ER atk is probably better.

Venti recharges his ult so fast that I skip ER sands on him and use ATK.

Got it. Looks like I've got some work to do. Right now, I continue grinding for Keqing artifacts and frankly, I'm just gonna go with whichever build the crit helm is at this point. I would think 2TF/2Glad would be better than 4TS overall, but eh.

Ashenai posted:

You can pull up to 75 times (exactly) with minimal danger of pulling another Zhongli. Soft pity shoots way way up after that, though. Do not do your 76th pull unless you're okay with getting the corresponding 5*.

Duly noted. I'm just gonna stop here. My next rare is gonna be pity for sure then and please mihoyo give me the cute kirin girl

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

LorneReams posted:

This game sucks, why can't I stop playing it.

I wish they would let you reduce the world level somehow. I'm afraid to get to the next one and have stuff be more of a grind. 40 just happens and I was expecting a trial or something like the last time.

Difficulty jumps in world level are minimal. I don't think I would have even noticed going from WL5 to WL6 if the game hid it from me.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

Anyone know what is up with mobs sometimes dropping artifacts? Is it totally random, or are there certain enemies that are guaranteed to drop them and others don't?

No Wave posted:

Eligibility is determined by enemy type and not specific abyss mages/ruin guards etc on the map. The enemy types that can drop them should say so in the handbook. It's quite rare for them to do so, to the point that people who farm every enemy on the map for four hours end up with 12 artifacts or so.

I've been trying this myself for the last couple days, clearing every elite mob that drops artifacts on the map. First time I just got really lucky and got 21 artifacts, but that includes four 4* and the rest I think were 3*, it took 2.5 hours. Last couple times were 11-12. I think you could do it in 2 hours if you were going hard. I don't really think it's worth it, but if you need ascension mats from those mobs then doing it once in a while is fine.

Honestly if they improved drop rates 3x or something then I would do it every day probably.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Framboise posted:

Got it. Looks like I've got some work to do. Right now, I continue grinding for Keqing artifacts and frankly, I'm just gonna go with whichever build the crit helm is at this point. I would think 2TF/2Glad would be better than 4TS overall, but eh.
Yeah your approach is totally correct. Crit helm is really what enables a build if you dont have a miraculous in-set goblet.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Framboise posted:

As much as Zhongli is pretty, I'll never really use him and if Ganyu is (hopefully) next (they wouldn't run two consecutive geodudes with Albedo, would they?)

the 1.2 event is called The Chalk Prince and the Dragon and the weapon they're giving out gives a group bonus when Albedo equips it, so I would certainly expect him next.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

Yeah your approach is totally correct. Crit helm is really what enables a build if you dont have a miraculous in-set goblet.

I landed a 5* Electro%+ Thundersoother Goblet, but until I get the crit helm, nothing really matters here. I do have a 5* Crit Rate+ Wanderer helm, but that doesn't work with Keqing's Bloodstained feather with Crit Rate+ 5.8% and Crit DMG+ 21.8%.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

YES bread posted:

the 1.2 event is called The Chalk Prince and the Dragon and the weapon they're giving out gives a group bonus when Albedo equips it, so I would certainly expect him next.

Boooo.

Well, he's pretty too, I guess. Just need to decide if I will go for him and whatever's on his banner or really just sit and be patient.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Framboise posted:

Meanwhile I'm trying to decide who to run with Keqing as a carry. Should I do something like Keqing/Bennett/Xiangling/Venti or Sucrose, or maybe Keqing/Diona/Qiqi/Venti or Sucrose, or maybe some pairing with Xingqiu? I assume you want an anemo on the team for VV and someone who is able to cause reactions... I assume double Cryo is really good because it'd boost her crits.

I really like Keqing/Fischl/Bennett/Xingqiu because you can trigger Oz's extra attack a ton and you've got energy for days. Ults on cooldown!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm set to hit AR50 by the end of the week and honestly not looking forward to the mobs becoming bigger HP sponges for a marginal, if any, increase in drops.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Framboise posted:

I landed a 5* Electro%+ Thundersoother Goblet, but until I get the crit helm, nothing really matters here. I do have a 5* Crit Rate+ Wanderer helm, but that doesn't work with Keqing's Bloodstained feather with Crit Rate+ 5.8% and Crit DMG+ 21.8%.
You might find it faster to give that feather to someone else, feather off piece is statistically very difficult to work around.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Ashenai posted:

Don't farm the artifact domains for 4*s, it's a total waste of resin. It's best to leave those domains well alone until AR 45 (which is when you start getting guaranteed 5*s).

You will eventually want to have two teams (8 fully capable characters), so if you're happy with your main team, start working on your secondary! Doing leylines is also never a waste of resin, you will very much run out of both mora and XP books (this might not be apparent at AR 30, but trust me).

Thank you!

And yes the XP crunch is real for me already.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm set to hit AR50 by the end of the week and honestly not looking forward to the mobs becoming bigger HP sponges for a marginal, if any, increase in drops.

I'll surely hit AR50 by the end of the month and I'm not even gonna do the WL quest for a while. Yeah it'll stall the progression for a bit, but I'm nowhere near prepared to get any of my team up to 90 yet.

No Wave posted:

You might find it faster to give that feather to someone else, feather off piece is statistically very difficult to work around.

Still waiting for a good TF/TS feather, then. Gimme one with CR and CDMG please!

Osmosisch posted:

I really like Keqing/Fischl/Bennett/Xingqiu because you can trigger Oz's extra attack a ton and you've got energy for days. Ults on cooldown!

I'll have to try that sometime; I do have C1 Fish/C1 XQ, but I haven't put much investment into either one. Meanwhile my Venti and Xiangling are already on A5, just need some more investment.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Enviosity ascended to 50 yesterday on stream and he was killing everything in WL7 fairly easily with his unascended level 80 Xiangling w/ level 90 crescent pike. I think you'll be fine if you get your weapons upgraded - WL7 takes 5 star drops from bosses from 40% to 70%. (WL8 apparently makes them guaranteed)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

My characters have been at level 80 or 60 so long, it feels weird to have them any other way.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

gandlethorpe posted:

My characters have been at level 80 or 60 so long, it feels weird to have them any other way.

How much AEXP do you need from 49-50? I am close to 49, but I feel like I've been at it for ages.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
It's depressing that every time I think about "what's the best way to optimize my Superconduct team", the extremely obvious answer that jumps out at me is "ditch Zhongli, add Razor". Really can't find a good slot for dapper boy.

It's also depressing that I am considering going nuts on Zhongli's banner again for his C1, because if he's ever gonna be good with a Geo team, he!s going to need that second pillar for sure.

I think it might be time to stop throwing good Mora after bad. Zhongli is fun and I love him, but it's getting harder every day to justify throwing resources into him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My plan is to pre-farm half of my weapon mats, wait until the weapon mat event in 1.2 then farm the rest, then mostly do nothing but artifact domains, weekly bosses and events until AR55 when the boss 5* drop is guaranteed. Any xp/mora from BP and events will go towards bringing my other supports closer to level 78.

Tsyni posted:

How much AEXP do you need from 49-50? I am close to 49, but I feel like I've been at it for ages.
~19k.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I wish they would increase exp from mobs. The lowest exp material is worth like 1000 mob kills which is loving ridiculous. Just remove exp, and have mobs randomly drop that material instead.

All my guys need that poo poo that the electro girl drops and I've genocided her to the point that she has been wiped out for 13 hours and I'm not even like 20% of the way there LOL

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tsyni posted:

It takes 19,200 AEXP, which is 8 days' worth of commissions and resin.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The devs don't want people burning themselves out by farming mobs for 4 hours straight, and I'm sympathetic to it. If mob xp was multiplied by 5 you'd get 20 hero's wit (60 resin) worth of xp per day by spending four hours farming which is a substantial amount of progress but makes you hate the game.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Tsyni posted:

19,200. You get 900 a day from spending your resin, +1500 from your daily commissions, so 2400 a day, which means it should take you 8 days to clear without some other source of AEXP.

e;fb

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

LorneReams posted:

I wish they would increase exp from mobs. The lowest exp material is worth like 1000 mob kills which is loving ridiculous.

That's overstating it a lot. The lowest XP mat is 1000 XP, which is around 10 mob kills maybe, depending on your WL.

It's still not worth farming mobs for XP, but if they were worth even just 5 times as much then it absolutely would be.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Ashenai posted:

That's overstating it a lot. The lowest XP mat is 1000 XP, which is around 10 mob kills maybe, depending on your WL.

It's still not worth farming mobs for XP, but if they were worth even just 5 times as much then it absolutely would be.

I'm 43 (not sure what world level that is) and mobs are between 17 - 50xp. My next level is like 100K, so it seems so pointless. I don't think I've EVER seen a character level outside of using the xp materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So the people declaring Zhongli a physical DPS are not entirely wrong... in theory.

I mathed out an absolutely perfect 2pc Gladiator 2pc Bloodstained artifact set with a Refine 5 Crescent Pike and 6 in all skills, just to see how it'd go. At an extremely conservative estimate I'd peg it at 18k DPS without Superconduct, which crushes skill level 9 Keqing spamming her Charged Attack and is roughly on par with Diluc spamming his enchanted blade with Xingqiu's Burst active (but XQ's own damage isn't being factored here so they'd still win). And Planet Befall is still doing 33k on average, but it's an actual DPS loss to bother with it (seven times less DPS means an enemy group has to be huge).

What would it require to have this perfect Zhongli? Just an R5 Crescent Pike, and artifacts that roll exclusively Crit Rate/Damage, ATK%, ER%, and HP% in the exact right ratios and always at the maximum possible amount.

Really though it's that the Crescent Pike is busted, not that Zhongli is. And I think he'd lose to a Physical Keqing with R1 Aquila Favonia at any reasonable artifact level, especially since she can proc Superconduct and he can't without 2 supports. I didn't consider him at 9 though, with a 9 in his basic attack he'd be quite a bit dumber. Again that just makes me think Xiao will be outta control more than that Zhongli is a sleeper carry. Particularly since at base or bad substats his output with even R5 Crescent is not great.

If anyone's curious, a Zhongli with perfect HP artifacts and Favonius Lance instead can drop 36k meteors and create 10k HP shields. Going HP over ATK without substats factored in adds about 2.5k to his shield with a loss of 2-3k average meteor damage. It's more that his A4 passive prevents his Q getting dumpstered by a full defense build than that it's a viable way to build for damage. Even pushing him close to 50k HP it just isn't ever going to eclipse ATK, Geo, and Crit.