Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Folklore was a certified banger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
2017 is the only time in recent years where I felt compelled to actually play recent releases rather than getting them on sale years later, and even to this day I'm still discovering some games from then that I missed out on (I played Prey for the first time this year) that I'd go to bat for as a GOTY contender. It was ridiculously good year.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Jepsen, and about a dozen other pop singers sound interchangeable to me

I mean, Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Jepsen don't sound much alike at all so that might say more about your listening than it does about their music

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rarity posted:

Folklore was a certified banger

But how was the mash

quote:

I mean, Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Jepsen don't sound much alike at all so that might say more about your listening than it does about their music

Probably not

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

Just realised Disco Elysium isn't even in the GOTD poll :thunkher:

My picks were mainly based on industry impact rather than just being good. If it was like best of the best it'd be a different poll

E: like if I were to do a GOTD thread I'd have two categories for this reason: impact and 'best'

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 9, 2020

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

My picks were mainly based on industry impact rather than just being good. If it was like best of the best it'd be a different poll
Doom 2016?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The beginning of the Renaissance of the boomer shooter. After 2016 caused a huge splash you saw games like amid evil / dusk /maximum action / prodeus / ion fury start to get picked up. Like I cannot imagine getting a new build engine game in loving 2019 without doom 2016 being such a hit

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really hope the industry learns from disco though, it's genuinely incredible and imo is a very strong contender for best of the decade

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Jepsen, and about a dozen other pop singers sound interchangeable to me

Carly Rae Jepsen owns, Taylor swift is a garbage fire of a human with terrible music

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

RBA Starblade posted:

Carly Rae has one notable song, Taylor Swift is just about hitting double figures

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

EMOTION is the greatest pop album of the 2010s, possibly ever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Simone Magus posted:

Taylor swift is a garbage fire of a human

How so?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the cyberpunk thread has got the worst posting in it that we've had since tlou2 except the mod who's been in it doesn't seem too worked up about doing anything about it so the softer among us just keep getting riled up by the most surface level trolling

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

Low bar the-wait I made this joke before

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm pretty lukewarm on Taylor's music in general (definitely has some bangers), but I hadn't heard she was a bad person in any specific way.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

Carly Rae Jepsen owns, Taylor swift is a garbage fire of a human with terrible music

Actually she's very pretty and more talented than most pop stars out there but please dont let my opinions stop you calling innocuous people "garbage fires" lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the cyberpunk thread has got the worst posting in it that we've had since tlou2 except the mod who's been in it doesn't seem too worked up about doing anything about it so the softer among us just keep getting riled up by the most surface level trolling

What do you want a mod to do about that.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Ok

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

This poster is biased but they're 100% correct

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Folklore is an album thats full of songs you won't be upset to hear while waiting for Taylor Swift to play her other hits during a concert, but like, if that was all the music she'd ever made you probably wouldn't be there.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Actually she's very pretty and more talented than most pop stars out there but please dont let my opinions stop you calling innocuous people "garbage fires" lol

Well don't let my opinions stop you from defending a millionaire pop star! :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

boomers don't deserve to have anything good named after them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When COVID first hit Taylor Swift gave $3000 donations to dozens of fans that were struggling, as privileged rich white people go she's pretty rad

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I think I like Body Talk by Robyn more than Emotion, but they're both great!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

Well don't let my opinions stop you from defending a millionaire pop star! :)

Its a wonder anyone aspires to success when you are labelled a "garbage fire" for earning a few quid

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Barudak posted:

Folklore is an album thats full of songs you won't be upset to hear while waiting for Taylor Swift to play her other hits during a concert, but like, if that was all the music she'd ever made you probably wouldn't be there.

Exactly this. Imagine saying it's a better record than Run the Jewels, Dan Deacon, Fiona Apple, King Gizzard, Tricky, Four Tet... and that's just off the top of my head

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I think I like Body Talk by Robyn more than Emotion, but they're both great!

Body Talk was probably the single most influential album of the entire decade and ushered in that entire wave of crying on the dance floor pop. I can't believe it's 10 years old because it still feels so modern.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Its a wonder anyone aspires to success when you are labelled a "garbage fire" for earning a few quid

I've friends in the industry that she's literally berated until they were sobbing on the floor but sure

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I haven't listened to Folklore yet, but I bet it's better than Run the Jewels 4

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

I've friends in the industry that she's literally berated until they were sobbing on the floor but sure

Oh sorry i didn't realise you were an industry insider LOL

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Discovering that Taylor Swift, of all people, is this thread's waifu, now that really is something I didn't have on my 2020 bingo card

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pop album of the decade? that's right it's gogo dempa from dempaguni.inc

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

does she offer this as a paid service

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

JollyBoyJohn posted:

What the gently caress is this? I have friends who work in music, yes

Seriously what the gently caress?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Eden is a cool game but just from my limited playtime, I'm sure there's some sort of optimal strategy in terms of making a deck of a reasonable size for the purposes of actually being able to tell at a glance what attack you have loaded at any given time, but I got to the final boss with my strategy of "just take any item that hits four panels in front of you so you don't have to worry about aiming at all"

You might be right but also it is 100% a winning strategy to load up on easy-to-hit spells, a bunch of mana regen, and just spam spells as much as possible.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also realizing that when people have been talking about folklore they're not talking about the ps3 game...

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

What the gently caress is this? I have friends who work in music, yes

Seriously what the gently caress?

hi simone

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Hello? :confused:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

is this where you start sending whatever the carly rae jepsen equivalent of epilepsy gifs is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

chill. you're getting worked up over nothing again. just wanted to check in with you