Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

One on hand, I think you should be able to meet any game on its own terms, and be able to play it the way it wants to be played. It's part of the job of the creator to make the audience want to come along with it, and the job of the audience to be willing to do so.

On the other hand, refusing to go along with it can be pretty funny on a stream.
What if the 'game's own terms' is a horse stuck on the roof, mmm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turin Turambar posted:

...and what did he believe pirates did? I'm curious.

If I google "dan giantbomb pirates" will I obtain an answer?
yes
https://clips.twitch.tv/embed

probably and he also got loving roasted by literally every member of gb but i guess it's poo poo on gb o clock since they aren't super hyped about game

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedDarlingTarsierSoonerLater

https://www.twitch.tv/danryckert/clip/FancyCooperativeChimpanzeeStrawBeary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oREbt_qfmXo

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asema posted:

i only trust reviews that already line up with my viewpoint, every other review has a bias issue where they don't think like me

i don't even trust reviews anymore, only what i've come to conclusion myself and everybody else is wrong get ready world here I come for my gamer moment

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
UGH, I want a 3060ti so bad.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Turin Turambar posted:

...and what did he believe pirates did? I'm curious.

If I google "dan giantbomb pirates" will I obtain an answer?
yes
https://clips.twitch.tv/embed
Dan is not an intellectually curious man, but he sure was good at coming up with content for the site.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Skillup. I like his reviews, I know nothing of his politics, and I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJKeBbk-9YA

:lol: the way he talks about the bugs is really funny.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

UGH, I want a 3060ti so bad.

be careful it might glitch through your mobo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Asema posted:

probably and he also got loving roasted by literally every member of gb but i guess it's poo poo on gb o clock since they aren't super hyped about game

Come on, is it really making GBS threads on someone to fully dismiss their work and/or career because they aren't as hype as I would like about a game? It's not my fault if they can't see how CP2077 is the GTA6 as deserve

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
what's weird is the giant bomb stream (not really a big fan of them anymore in general) the game seems 100x more buggy then cohh's stream which i have had on all day

gb mentioned they have all the patches and the new driver update and both are playing on pc so i have no idea what is going on

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

"Wait.... did we lose vietnam?"

:911: American public school is amazing

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

dan is one of the dumbest people i have ever seen in media, including reality tv

e: which makes him super entertaining and im sad he left

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

what's weird is the giant bomb stream (not really a big fan of them anymore in general) the game seems 100x more buggy then cohh's stream which i have had on all day

gb mentioned they have all the patches and the new driver update and both are playing on pc so i have no idea what is going on

yeah it's kinda shocking tbh. they aren't doing anything special but running into issues and bugs.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This was present in a trailer they released several months ago, and I believe a lot of people brought it to their attention back then. Bit worrying they haven't even bothered to fix that.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Timecoded at a hilarious mission bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJKeBbk-9YA&t=1055s
the bartender outside frozen warps you back inside where you have a convo with him but his voice is super distant cause he cant warp to you lol.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
dan ryckert eats oreos dipped in nacho cheese

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

dan ryckert is an enigma wrapped in a mystery. how that man survived to be 30 is nothing short of mindblowing.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

dan is one of the dumbest people i have ever seen in media, including reality tv

e: which makes him super entertaining and im sad he left

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dan is legitimately one of the most innovative twitch streamers I've ever seen.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

he got married in a taco bell and was mad when it turned out the food cost an extra 30k$

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Relax Or DIE posted:

Come on, is it really making GBS threads on someone to fully dismiss their work and/or career because they aren't as hype as I would like about a game? It's not my fault if they can't see how CP2077 is the GTA6 as deserve

the best story about giant bomb that i can remember is that jeff gertsmann loved fallout 4 but hated the bugs and took a point off for the technical issues and the Rooster Teeth podcast, donned in full Fallout pip boy sponsored gear cried about how he only did that for clicks.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

anyways what i'm saying is that dan ryckert owns

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Dan Ryckert got married in a Taco Bell

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

Please don't judge streamers as a measuring stick for anything except likely offenders of various types.

A few are actually really good human beings, but in my professional experience a lot of them are absolute garbage tier people. The worst are the ones who use their kids and/or target kids (which my kids love for some reason...they're stuck inside during the pandemic...so you have to tolerate some of it).

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dan, as an adult, thought that egg whites were the shells and tried to cook that. So... yeah.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Dan Ryckert got married in a Taco Bell

Dan Ryckert was the *first person* to get married in a Taco Bell.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Asema posted:

the best story about giant bomb that i can remember is that jeff gertsmann loved fallout 4 but hated the bugs and took a point off for the technical issues and the Rooster Teeth podcast, donned in full Fallout pip boy sponsored gear cried about how he only did that for clicks.

what does rooster teeth think of cp2077 though

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

dex_sda posted:

anyways what i'm saying is that dan ryckert owns

Not gonna lie between the vietnam realization and the egg shells thing (I think I'd even heard that before) I've been howling for the last 3 minutes

"Did we lose Vietnam?" is some seriously efficient comedy.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

hunter s. thompson upon meeting dan "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

he killed himself shortly afterwards

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zaphod42 posted:

Not gonna lie between the vietnam realization and the egg shells thing (I think I'd even heard that before) I've been howling for the last 3 minutes

There's so many Dan tidbits.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The counter-hacking poo poo they're showing on GB stream right now is extremely cool

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dan Rykert is the reason I stopped watching Giant Bomb stuff so... thanks Dan I guess?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Zaphod42 posted:

how the gently caress do you go through life in this country -- and life as a gamer where you probably have some vague interest in the military -- and not realize this.

I'm with his streaming partner, we talk about it all the time

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Mad Wack posted:

Did they start a new game? One of the early reviewers mentioned that the patches didn't do anything for them until they started a new game.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Dan, as an adult, thought that egg whites were the shells and tried to cook that. So... yeah.
Dan, as a child, thought that eyeglasses were cool so he lied on his vision tests so he would be prescribed glasses and messed up his vision so bad that he needs them.

Dan, as a young adult, microwaved hot dogs in a shoe box.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I am going to wait 3 days after release when a couple of 13 year olds from Berkeley patch the game and release a full game mod with QoL improvements

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i wonder how this'll compare to Skyrim in terms of glitches

will i get punched 1,000 feet into the air?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Shammypants posted:

I am going to wait 3 days after release when a couple of 13 year olds from Berkeley patch the game and release a full game mod with QoL improvements

same but 7 days for the anime titties mod

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dilber posted:

Did they start a new game? One of the early reviewers mentioned that the patches didn't do anything for them until they started a new game.

You know I was wondering the same thing. They also mentioned that they have a special rare katana that was "given to them in a special build, you won't have this at start"

Which makes me think that they're playing a save that wasn't fresh from the patch, so we may have a better experience. Not that you should assume such, but its a thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

puve posted:

The fact that there's net scenarios in some of the missions and cdpr's good if short record with dlc gives me hope they will flesh out the net side of things more

I seriously don’t understand how the gold standard in video game net hacking was Shadowrun for Genesis from 25 years ago.