Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

funkymonks posted:

I seriously don’t understand how the gold standard in video game net hacking was Shadowrun for Genesis from 25 years ago.

*Uplink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

smoobles posted:

i wonder how this'll compare to Skyrim in terms of glitches

will i get punched 1,000 feet into the air?

many re releases, so many switch versions, eventually will be playable on cybertrucks.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Dilber posted:

Did they start a new game? One of the early reviewers mentioned that the patches didn't do anything for them until they started a new game.

Sure would be nice if CDProjekt provided patch notes.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Downloading the Nvdia patch for the game, that might help with some issues. Between that and the patch hopefully the experience will be a relatively smooth one.

I still want to see my car spawn on a roof though so I can yell "It's roach! Rooooooooooooooooooooach"!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

patches not doing anything without starting a new game is also pretty bad lol

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

smoobles posted:

i wonder how this'll compare to Skyrim in terms of glitches

will i get punched 1,000 feet into the air?

Even with glitches there is no way CP77 can disappoint me like Skyrim did with it's absolutely bland environments and god awful combat. Give me some neon lights and a ramen vendor in a small alleyway and it's going to be more impressive and interesting than anything Skyrim has to offer.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
So am I best to play this on a PS5 or a computer with a GTX 1080 i5 8400 loss of RAM/SSD etc.

I know people can’t really play at the moment but has there been some consensus from previews/reviews on what might be the best way to go?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Have they said anything about moddability? I'm looking to expand dong

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

dex_sda posted:

To me that sounds like a quick and dirty thing they did so they could get a patch out for reviewers without needing to worry about savegame compatibility.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i am still playing skyrim, i like the legacy of the dragonborn mod where you become a treasure hunter and build a massive museum

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Shammypants posted:

Even with glitches there is no way CP77 can disappoint me like Skyrim did with it's absolutely bland environments and god awful combat. Give me some neon lights and a ramen vendor in a small alleyway and it's going to be more impressive and interesting than anything Skyrim has to offer.

Yeah I bought it for Switch with the plan of playing it on long flights (lol now air travel isn't a thing anymore) and it's even worse on a small screen. Just the blandest color pallet imaginable, every person and location looks identical.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

God I love that game, one that I think everyone should play. Such a simple concept, yet robust in execution.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pylons posted:

To me that sounds like a quick and dirty thing they did so they could get a patch out for reviewers without needing to worry about savegame compatibility.

probably, but that's indicative of it being seriously undercooked

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Back Hack posted:

God I love that game, one that I think everyone should play. Such a simple concept, yet robust in execution.

Way too easy when you figure out the trick behind it though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So out of morbid interest, is anyone else getting PC to use via a cloud service (GeForce or say Shadow) or Stadia?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

dex_sda posted:

probably, but that's indicative of it being seriously undercooked

oh yeah for sure this poo poo is coming in red hot con air style

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ColdIronsBound posted:

So am I best to play this on a PS5 or a computer with a GTX 1080 i5 8400 loss of RAM/SSD etc.

I know people can’t really play at the moment but has there been some consensus from previews/reviews on what might be the best way to go?

No review copies for consoles were sent. It's probably a good bet they are some degree of more busted than PC.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So out of morbid interest, is anyone else getting PC to use via a cloud service (GeForce or say Shadow) or Stadia?

ya i am gonna try it on geforce now

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

smoobles posted:

Yeah I bought it for Switch with the plan of playing it on long flights (lol now air travel isn't a thing anymore) and it's even worse on a small screen. Just the blandest color pallet imaginable, every person and location looks identical.

Skyrim without heavy modding is without a doubt the most overrated game since 2000.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shammypants posted:

Skyrim without heavy modding is without a doubt the most overrated game since 2000.

Deus Ex? :awesomelon:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skyrim on Switch was actually not bad but I'm almost a broke brained idiot that plays games like that and Fallout with a "slowly level up and max out everything / break the game" mentality more than "is this game good" mentality.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Ok I bought it, ugh :D

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Dan, as an adult, thought that egg whites were the shells and tried to cook that. So... yeah.

I work as a reality TV editor, and this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen someone believe. Holy poo poo.

I've seen some truly heinous things, too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is there any news on the switch version?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

You take those words out your mouth

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Cavauro posted:

They're going to get a Chibi version like they did with FFXV

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Cavauro posted:

yes, they basically said "lol"

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

dex_sda posted:

It's pre-release builds. Outside of people that got it early and reviewers, literally no one is getting these early builds.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Burginator posted:

I work as a reality TV editor, and this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen someone believe. Holy poo poo.

I do trust your paid decently to work on reality TV. I don't know if I can stand to see people be so stupid on a constant basis. Not to mention all that poo poo you tend to hear.

Though there must be some genuinely good moments.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I guess the seizure stuff is being taken seriously.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burginator posted:

You haven't read any of the Trump legal filings I take it?

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

The Last Call posted:

I do trust your paid decently to work on reality TV. I don't know if I can stand to see people be so stupid on a constant basis. Not to mention all that poo poo you tend to hear.

Though there must be some genuinely good moments.

It depends on if I'm in the field for filming, where I work 100+ hours a week, or when I'm editing in post, where I work 40 a week (Until we're up against airdates, then there's some 60-70 hour crunch weeks). I get paid the same either way, and it's a hell of a lot better than I made at Wendy's, that's for sure.

I do love the job, but it's a very chaotic and weird environment. You get numb to the stupidity of it and it turns full circle into hilarity once you've done it for a while

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

OAquinas posted:

January 21st which year?

e: Reading Comprehension 0 should be my new title.

gasman fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 9, 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OAquinas posted:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Between this, the winter anime season and inauguration, January's gonna be packed.

:suicide:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

gasman posted:

January 21st which year?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cavauro posted:

I laughed.

Then I thought how Doom was on it.
How Witcher 3 is on it.
That Doom Eternal is coming out on it.

Yeah the games are scaled back graphically, but overall the experiences have been called good.

So anything is possible.

Extremely unlikely mind you unless Nintendo does the rumored more powerful Switch version next year.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

OAquinas posted:

Had me in the first half, not gonna lie

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

OAquinas posted:

I think the delay only applies to PS5 / NuXbone

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Grouchio posted:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Between this, the winter anime season and inauguration, January's gonna be packed.

:suicide:

You got punked..... cyber-punked.

People already have copies of the ps4 version from best buy, they can't delay now even if they wanted to.

That image is likely to be photoshopped a lot today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

OAquinas posted:

Link to official post? I did a google search and it isn't shown.