Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

My bad, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://i.imgur.com/ygrTsRb.mp4
I don't even know, as far as I can tell, the game just got tired of my existence :confused:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't even know, as far as I can tell, the game just got tired of my existence :confused:

Oh poor old Kratos, thought of ants and died.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ygrTsRb.mp4

Based on my experience with Watch Dogs: Legion I can tell this is because you recruited someone with the “Spontaneous Death” perk. The RNG decided it was their time to go! Yup.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That shield looks cool, what is that

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

bony tony posted:

That shield looks cool, what is that

Assassins Creed Valhalla

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/KRlvk0c.mp4
"I have to go now, my planet needs me" [Note: Eivor died on the way back to her home planet]

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/KRlvk0c.mp4
"I have to go now, my planet needs me" [Note: Eivor died on the way back to her home planet]

this is the same kind of legal rush that throwing car batteries into the ocean gives you.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNgPtzTpgM

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Just listened to Jeff Gershman talk about playing it, and he said there's a ton of T-posing and guns just pointing up in people's hands, and also that he game isn't that great.

Reive
May 21, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just listened to Jeff Gershman talk about playing it, and he said there's a ton of T-posing and guns just pointing up in people's hands, and also that he game isn't that great.

'Game isn't great' is basically Jeff Gerstmann's middle name at this point, he's worn out and cynical as gently caress. Literally the only passion for gaming I see from him anymore is in his retrogame streams and even then he can still be depressed and dismissive of a lot of things.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I guess with the "original generation" of people who grew up with video games as part of their life slowly getting older, the shine of the whole thing would naturally be wearing off at this point. I admit, I can relate a lot more to the whole "it's okay, but it's nothing we haven't seen before" attitude than I can to the overenthusiastic type of reviewer for who every new game is still the greatest thing ever made, every time.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Reive posted:

'Game isn't great' is basically Jeff Gerstmann's middle name at this point, he's worn out and cynical as gently caress. Literally the only passion for gaming I see from him anymore is in his retrogame streams and even then he can still be depressed and dismissive of a lot of things.

no you don't understand, I too am old and worn out, so I'm like on his wavelength with games. to each their own though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm old, cynical, and worn out, and I still find enjoyment in new iterations of well-used game concepts. I guess what I'm saying is, like and subscribe, and don't forget to hit the little bell to turn on those notifications!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I have boundless optimism and I can't wait till July 2021 when the games been patched, it's out on next gen consoles, and consoles and video cards can be bought by normal people.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

If you kids don't smash that like button I'll box your ears!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Reive posted:

Thanks for psychoanalyzing someone you don't know

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

kirbysuperstar posted:

Thanks for psychoanalyzing someone you don't know

Especially leaving out the part where the guy who made going to work fun died unexpectedly on his honeymoon and Gerstmann had to spend a week pretending it hadn't happened while they arranged everything for the widow and family.

Also Gerstmann even said he wanted to go back and play more. It's almost like we only hear what we want out of people and not what they say.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
He's already said one of his favourite things this year was Control but nope, he's an old husk only pleased by shoddy Sharp X1 games, so it is told.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
You're weirdly upset at his defaming your favorite twitch streamer

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

zedprime posted:

I have boundless optimism and I can't wait till July 2021 when the games been patched, it's out on next gen consoles, and consoles and video cards can be bought by normal people.

Enjoy your epilepsy, transphobia, and dildos.

Reive
May 21, 2009

I mean liking things and being cynical aren't really mutually exclusive, it's more about attitude, but just because I don't personally see much passion anymore doesn't mean it isn't there I'm not the religious watcher/podcast listener I was a decade ago. It's just a hard balance between liking someone's work for a long while and not agreeing with a lot of what they say anymore :shrug:

I should have worded it better or not have said anything, sorry.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Yeah, I try to look at the context and filter opinions through that. Sort of like reading about a freshly released game here on the forums and remembering that if they could actually play the game they probably wouldn't be bitching about things you can find in the marketing.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Cyberpunk penis bugs :nws:
https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/10/22167349/cyberpunk-2077-penis-glitch-breasts

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It seems that tits do the same thing, so it's a game for equal-opportunity exhibitionists.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hell, same :hehe:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
More like cyberjunk 2077

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Very important lesson about why even if you can render junk, the solution is often not to render junk.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

zedprime posted:

Very important lesson about why even if you can render junk, the solution is often not to render junk.
And miss all that viral coverage??

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
haha do you think the rendered junk gets cramped and sweaty from being tucked under the rendered clothing

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Just you wait, another five years and there will be an even more stupid game that statistically tracks your crotch funk and has people start commenting on it if you don't air your bits regularly enough.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No need to wait, Deadly Premonition tracks how often you wash your clothes and if it's not often enough you get a cloud of flies buzzing around you and a money penalty

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

haveblue posted:

More like cyberjunk 2069

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Ah yes, the Stinky Agent penalty, I remember now.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

No need to wait, Deadly Premonition tracks how often you wash your clothes and if it's not often enough you get a cloud of flies buzzing around you and a money penalty

Saints Row 2 also did this, except it was bugged and people just called you stinky forever no matter how much you changed your clothes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally a game character I can identify with

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Cyberpunk 2077 crashes if it tries to load it's own settings. :downsgun:
I have to wipe the UserSettings.json from appdata for the game to not instantly crash on start up, and on top of that it can't even enable certain options like DLSS.
Which means I have to redo the settings every time, or overwrite the game's default options (which don't correspond 1:1 to the file it spits out, so I have to go through it and manually flip every option.)

It still counts as a game glitch if it's outside of the actual gameplay logic, right?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

there was a great* mod for morrowind called "Stinkers!" that added bathing and stinking mechanics, and added hot springs and baths all over the place

*: haha i wonder what it smelled like

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
do you think the uncircumcised penis gets cheese haha i wonder what it smells like haha

E:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/heine_1208/status/1337082017788227585

A bug in one of the new FFXIV raid bosses where if you die to an attack that is supposed to spawn a shadow on you, the game instead spawns a naked elf model