Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

FPzero posted:

Hey all, I just want to reinforce that this is a blind LP, and so while this is minor overall, alluding to the tonal beats of the plot isn't a great thing to do. It's way more fun to discover everything for ourselves, so please don't allude to anything we haven't seen yet.

I've gone ahead and added a mention of it being a Blind LP to the OP, since it was previously only implied.

My apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I am thoroughly enjoying all the wackiness of this hack, from its well done parts to its jank.

Gotta love the guards who are actually bored out of their minds, because guard duty's generally pretty drat dull.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Temple of Strength: Settlers 2

King Routelika was inspired by Abdelaziz Bouteflika, former president of Algeria, who was paralyzed after a stroke. No idea if he could astral project though.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Its legit awesome that the first trial gives you two items right away, and then the second trial is really just a check to see if you have enough hearts to survive an iron knuckle fight, but also clearly display to you that you will (presumably?) need the hookshot and bombs/hammer, which are someplace else.

I imagine after those gates all open, it will stonewall you with a giant block or grey boulder saying "now you need to go steal the gauntlets" so they can surprise you with TWO iron knuckles in the castle. :v:

(I was fully expecting you to finish fighting the iron knuckle and have you turn around to see two more standing there a la Nimpize.)

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

They really have it out for us.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Oh god the torch you have to light to get into Zora town gives the big Zora face a soul patch

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Abello Lake: Breath of Fire 2 - Overworld (also in the intro cutscene as mentioned somewhere upthread)
Zora's Lair: Summoning - Grey Heavens
Diving Game: Malmsteen Yngwie - Classical Exercises

Fun beta test facts: I had a hell of a time with the diving game and decided "gently caress it I don't care if I get told to git gud this is ridiculous". Said something along the lines of "the horizontal kelp, the vertical kelp and the clams is too much. Maybe two out of three would be reasonable". Looks like the hacker's response was... to have a Zora tell you that killing the clams before diving is an option. I guess that's fair? FP cleared the diving game first try because he's good at video games (also the clams played nice) but if the clams attack you while diving it interrupts your dive, and while the rupees generate bubbles, so does Link, so it's hard to tell if there's a rupee under you or if it's just Link's bubbles.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

The diving game is EXTREMELY badly done and I was genuinely amazed to see FP get it on his first try. I couldn't even see what he was looking at without rewinding the video a couple of times.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I thought you were supposed to do it by memorizing the relative positions of the rupees when they fall. I never noticed the bubbles. At least FP won't get stonewalled later because he put off the awful diving minigame.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

The weird part is that as far as we can tell, the diving game was an intended point of progress? But yeah looking back at it its weird how there's like one layer too many going on to make it harder than it really should be if that's the case.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I was going to complain about the diving minigame not only being badly designed but also cheating you out of money, but it looks like the rupees don't change value. The blue ones here still give back 5 for each one instead of 2.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah those rupees are basically invisible to me through all the kelp, I cannot believe FPzero got it first try.

On a more positive note regarding signposting, it's nice that this hack isn't too bad about letting you know succinctly that you can't progress in an area and need to come back with another item. As opposed to having you waste your time making your way through half an area before going "lol you need the hookshot here, dumbass"

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

C-Euro posted:

Are we going to get this hack on that "Does this game let you violate the Geneva Conventions?" gimmick Twitter account?[/url]

I'm not sure how the rest of this LP is ever going to top this episode.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

mmm, delicious kokiri

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I’m not sure how I feel about that area, honestly.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I almost wish that chest was an ice chest, but what was actually in it was good too.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Canyon: Victor Jara - Vientos Del Pueblo

God I love the slaughterhouse

Procrastine posted:

Goku's List of Crimes So Far:
  • Stole Talon's medicine fund
  • Desecrated a tomb
Expect this list to expand as the game continues

FPzero posted:

I think you can also add
-Stole from the town emergency supplies
-Stole a priceless artifact from a museum

:allears:
  • Burned a child alive

While I'm making lists, an iron knuckle count was mentioned, so for reference, here's the knuckle count from Nimpize:
3 at once in the Ice Cavern, with ice physics (I say "at once" but you could activate them one at a time)
1 used as a hookshot target in the sandy room in Spirit Temple
1 in the Shiekah Crypt as a child, so half sword damage
2 at once that jump-scared FP, in the same room as above
1 in the Farore's Wind wing of Spirit Temple, part of one of The Dumbest Puzzles
1 in Dragmire Shrine needed to destroy chairs (but make sure you break both chairs because they both have chests!)
1 in the lower area of the Water Temple, fought in a tiny arena bordered by a bottomless pit, with ice physics
1 in the lower east wing of Spirit Temple, fought through a grate while Goku stands on a tiny platform
The Spirit Temple Nabooru fight
2 in the spirit section of Ganon's castle (fought separately), one was needed to destroy a chair and also was spawned through some esoteric trigger
2 in different rooms in the escape from Ganon's Castle
Total Nimpize knuckle count: 16

Looking forward to finding out which hack has more knuckles!

Craig K posted:

mmm, delicious kokiri

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Augus posted:

this hack kicks rear end

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Almost as nightmarish as the real-life meat industry.
I'm pretty sure that bloody wood wall texture is from Doom as well.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

You'd think somebody would've called Food Safety
Maybe that's why Cow Milk™ is the only authorised meal now?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
What is cheese and ice cream if not hard milk?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Holy poo poo this hack is amazing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Eat poo poo, Jamie Oliver. That's what you get for trying to tasteshame people.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Added to the second post.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So I've made it through the first ten episodes of Nimpize, and I haven't watched the latest episode that was posted. Like I said I haven't played Ocarina of Time so I don't have much comments to make about the gameplay other than to agree with what everyone else is saying. Also the two LPs are blending together so much so that there's been some interesting synchronicity like talking about how much birds hate Goku in Master of Time, then seeing birds attacking him in Nimpize. Also the food chat is very bittersweet for me, since I love sandwiches but can't really eat them that much any more because I've got to stick to a very restricted diet.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
lol how did i miss this over the last month, i'll be following it from now on

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Hmm, I think I now get the claims of edgyness this hack has gotten.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
I can't believe that Soylent Milk is people.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
God I hope we can play a song in front of King Zora and get milk later. Just to make this even worse. :allears:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Epicmissingno posted:

I can't believe that Soylent Milk is people.

If milk is people then what is Chateau Romani?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

God I hope we can play a song in front of King Zora and get milk later. Just to make this even worse. :allears:

If not King Zora, there was a cow that was hung on a hook in The War Crimes Room which did have the blue arrow over it. So if not from King Zora, we can probably get milk from a tortured witness to travesty!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The gif works very well with your avatar.

I have no idea how deep we are into the game but I do hope that it continues to be weird like this.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

If milk is people then what is Chateau Romani?

Fermented people.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Soylent Green is Kokiri!

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Soylent Green is Kokiri!

With how powerful those ovens are I'm pretty sure it's Soylent Charcoal.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
Clearly the developers were smoking cokeiri.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

*salutes*

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
*salutes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012