Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

oh no cameron designed aliens that look sympathetic to a contemporary audience so that it would be more effective at centering an alternate perspective how dare he

lmao "centering an alternative perspective" they made the aliens look like that so they could spend millions on zoe saldana mocap and have cute poster mascots to sell more tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

on the one hand, rachel dolazael - on the other, rachel corrie

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

the blue forest people are not cute and in fact intentionally skirt the uncanny valley

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ostiosis posted:

District 9 is superior in every way and had the balls to make the aliens ugly
It also had the white main character essentially be a helpless rube who is forced into doing the right thing, while the actual hero of the story was a bug alien.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ok now that's enough about the latest ep of cum town

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

a fatguy baldspot posted:

the blue forest people are not cute and in fact intentionally skirt the uncanny valley

oooh so creepy and uncanny
big anime eyes and long eyelashes, sooo alien

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hooplah posted:

oooh so creepy and uncanny
big anime eyes and long eyelashes, sooo alien

the uncanny valley refers to cgi people who look very similar to but not quite the same as real people

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i know what uncanny valley means. i havent seen the dumb movie so i dont know what they look like in action but i know what the poster and all the advertising looked like. it definitely wasnt going for the uncanny valley

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hooplah posted:

i know what uncanny valley means. i havent seen the dumb movie so i dont know what they look like in action but i know what the poster and all the advertising looked like. it definitely wasnt going for the uncanny valley

you were mocking the guy who said they were in the uncanny valley by saying they didnt look very alien at all

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

spaghetti napolitan

well at least it doesn't have any icky gross carrots. might as well pour a gallon of mt dew in your sauce if you're gonna gently caress it up that much with a disgusting root vegetable

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

george lucas made three of them

the present day military was considered kind of a joke in the 80s. it's where you got sent in lieu of jail time for your first serious conviction as an adult

The Ewoks as Vietcong is something that completely flew over my head till my mid 20s

Didn't that change by the late 80s thanks to Reagan?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
who are the italians of star wars, what do they eat and how are they doing it wrong. also why is it amber's fault

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Zhulik posted:

who are the italians of star wars

The Hutts

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

george lucas made three of them

No I mean literally explicitly vietnamese people on screen not mostly white people or friendly aliens standing in for them in space or whatever

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
nal hutta guido voice

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

T-man posted:

if you can remote control bodies that well why bother with humans in combat at all, thus making whatshisface and his brother obsolete, buying a lovely hovercar with his hated wife instead of loving animals in blueface

lol have you ever even seen the us military?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The death sticks guy is named Sleazebaggiano, remember

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol at all the people mad because they think the navi are sexy and don’t like how it makes them feel

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The Navi are supposed to be sexy, Cameron came up with the story when he was a teenager. Turns out having anime waifus transcends generations

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Grevling posted:

The death sticks guy is named Sleazebaggiano, remember

close, it's "baggano"

Feldegast42 posted:

The Navi are supposed to be sexy, Cameron came up with the story when he was a teenager. Turns out having anime waifus transcends generations

this is also true of The Fifth Element: Besson first wrote it while he was in boarding school.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Doc Hawkins posted:

close, it's "baggano"

this is also true of The Fifth Element: Besson first wrote it while he was in boarding school.

he also just likes little girls in general.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Feldegast42 posted:

Mark Twain's anime waifu was Jeanne D'Arc.

I'm not even kidding.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

not a bad choice, all things given

sort of wish Omega Force could take another crack at the Hundred Years War, they could make a pretty decent musou game out of it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Victory Position posted:

not a bad choice, all things given

sort of wish Omega Force could take another crack at the Hundred Years War, they could make a pretty decent musou game out of it

That would be a lot of fun, although you'd have to let The Black Prince get randomly and unexpectedly struck down by the plague to keep him from breaking the game.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

nal hutta guido voice

I like my GABBAGOOL where it is. Ho ho ho!!!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

lol have you ever even seen the us military?

We're alreary replacing people with drones and we can't even make badass mechs yet. nintendo warfare all day erryday (press X to commit warcrimes)

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Great episode of Red Brinstar (podcast critiquing capitalism through a metroidvania lens). Basically about how vaccine passports are.the new Varia Suit and theorising what other mandatory upgrades will be around in the future.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

T-man posted:

(press X to commit warcrimes)

Space Force's slogan

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The_Rob posted:

he also just likes little girls in general.

Getting a 15 year old actress pregnant when older than 30 like a famous French director

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Quotey posted:

Great episode of Red Brinstar (podcast critiquing capitalism through a metroidvania lens). Basically about how vaccine passports are.the new Varia Suit and theorising what other mandatory upgrades will be around in the future.

this one's been fun but the episode they had that guest that went off on a rant about hollow knight being antisemitic.... just ugh

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

FacelessVoid posted:

I'm still sore Avatar did better at the box office than District 9. That's what fuels my Avatar hatred.

Ostiosis posted:

District 9 is superior in every way and had the balls to make the aliens ugly

district 9 was the shittiest movie of the year and it wasn’t even close. what the gently caress is wrong with this thread lmao

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

chappie was a better movie than avatar or district 9

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

district 9 was the shittiest movie of the year and it wasn’t even close. what the gently caress is wrong with this thread lmao

I've rewatched it lately and it's a lot better than I remembered.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
it was so good they failed to capitalize on the obvious sequel they were setting up with district 10. nice try though to pull an oceans eleven and just come out with endless movies because it’s already got numbers in the title. no thanks

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

District 9 ruled, Chappie and Elysium both sucked though

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
what was good about district 9 (sincere question)

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

District 9 ruled, Chappie and Elysium both sucked though

finally someone is willing to say it. elysium was dumb as rocks and chappie was like a committee-designed meme

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

rhys fart pee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

what was good about district 9 (sincere question)

it's the only movie to feature the lightning gun from Quake for starters