Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So am I correct in assuming that geo damage is a waste on Ningguang and I should swap it out for something different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

What? No. Literally all of her damage is geo. You want to prioritize geo damage over any other goblet options you have.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

So am I correct in assuming that geo damage is a waste on Ningguang and I should swap it out for something different?

Geo damage is literally free extra damage. It's a separate addition of damage from atk%.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I interpreted it loosely as "Ningguang doesn't need damage, right? She's no good at damage, so she should have something to help her support better?"

Which, if so, is hilariously misguided - Ningguang is a high-tier DPS if built right, she wants that damage.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Hey, isn't the area between Qingxu Pool and Lingju Pass occupied by Treasure Hoarders when you first go over there? I'm exploring that area for the first time in a while and it seems to be overrun with hilichurls now. There's a bunch of chests I don't remember being here before, too.

Am I just mixing it up with a different area?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Stanko-Prussian posted:

It's pretty much a given that all the harbingers are gonna end up playable right? like, along the lines of "oops our whole cunning plan has inadvertently brought about the apocalypse and now we're all gonna fight the real adversary" or something like that. what do you call your act? anime!
Nah, they'll end up being right, but extreme in their methodology, and our meddling will screw everything up. RPGs love making the player characters responsible for the apocalypse, no matter how telegraphed it is and no matter how blatantly evil the well-intentioned extremists. There's already more than enough foreshadowing to suggest the Tsaritsa is right, no matter how many cities Tartaglia tries to level.

Also in fairness the entire logic of it was "Rex Lapis probably isn't really dead and he's the only one who could deal with this issue, so he will because he's not just going to let a monster eat Liyue." Which is pretty dumb logic, but actually true, and in the end the plan was foiled by not actually needing Rex Lapis's help, and then foiled again by the entire thing being unnecessary. But Tartaglia didn't know that.

It was still dumb but technically everything was under control the whole time. Why they still let him hang out in Liyue I dunno, maybe Ningguang thought it was funny or she's planning to make him pay for her house.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

What? No. Literally all of her damage is geo. You want to prioritize geo damage over any other goblet options you have.

Tae posted:

Geo damage is literally free extra damage. It's a separate addition of damage from atk%.

Oh, I got them mixed up then. I know she can only do geo damage but I was thinking that maybe just stacking another atk% on her would've been better in the long run.

I'm not getting crazy damage out of her so I had to wonder what I'm doing wrong aside from lvl60. I get maybe 1,500 at best on her barrier coming up.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Make sure to level skills. This is critical. The multipliers go up by quite a lot and at uncapped lv60 you should be able to raise them to 6, which is as high as they go before needing weekly boss drops.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

dogsicle posted:

i feel like Signora's model would definitely get a toned down redesign for her playable version

man you think the Zhongli backlash was bad

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Framboise posted:

Spending money on Welkin Moon and the BP are both very good uses of money if you spend any at all-- as opposed to top-ups which is a terrible use of money.

The craziest thing is that there's a top-up option that lets you pay $5 for 300 primogems...

...or you could just buy Welkin Moon for $5, which will instantly give you the same 300 primogems, and then also give you 90 more primogems every day for 30 days. (and yes, if you have multiple Welkin Moons then the 30-day thing will be delayed to run consecutively, but you'll still get the 300 primogems instantly every time. It's just strictly better.)

I really have to wonder how many people have bought that top-up option.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

man you think the Zhongli backlash was bad

to clarify, her dress is just so loving huge for me to imagine running around the world and climbing poo poo/swimming in, so they'd keep the sexy but have it be mildly more practical (in the game where 99% of women wear heels exclusively)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Nakar posted:

Nah, they'll end up being right, but extreme in their methodology, and our meddling will screw everything up. RPGs love making the player characters responsible for the apocalypse, no matter how telegraphed it is and no matter how blatantly evil the well-intentioned extremists. There's already more than enough foreshadowing to suggest the Tsaritsa is right, no matter how many cities Tartaglia tries to level.

Also in fairness the entire logic of it was "Rex Lapis probably isn't really dead and he's the only one who could deal with this issue, so he will because he's not just going to let a monster eat Liyue." Which is pretty dumb logic, but actually true, and in the end the plan was foiled by not actually needing Rex Lapis's help, and then foiled again by the entire thing being unnecessary. But Tartaglia didn't know that.

It was still dumb but technically everything was under control the whole time. Why they still let him hang out in Liyue I dunno, maybe Ningguang thought it was funny or she's planning to make him pay for her house.

On the other hand, if Gnosis cores are similar to Honkai cores and other similar macguffins like they keep hinting then putting them together in one host is a very bad idea. The Tsaritsa's idea is understandable (It sounds like she's wanting to fight...something. Possibly Celestia? Possibly the corrupted Keeper that Dainsleif is hinted to be. Or maybe the Seele-alike that may or may not be in the Abyss, since that's the Herrsher of Death equivalent? Though, the Abyss may literally just be the Sea of Quanta in some form, so it could be something else.) but could literally end up making the Unknown Goddess in the intro. Or something worse given that the Herrsher of Void was only wielding like three or so of the things in it's prime.

That's how you get some sort of apocalyptic threat showing up that in Honkai at least required carpet nuking Siberia to get rid of. Coincidentally, Genshin Impact has been loosely following certain details (Not China/Li Yue having a demon hidden under it that was sealed away by someone, Wendy being associated with the Europe locale and being the first Herrsher/Archon encountered, a freaking Himeko knockoff/possibly even a version of her suggested to be kicking around the fire region, etc, etc.) of Honkai Impact 3 so far. Albeit the details are all mixed up and kind of off in the intimates. Like Wendy being a twink of a dude instead of a test subject that was crippled due to the experiments on them. Venti is basically Wendy if the experiments worked.

So far the Tsaritsa is centered in Russia from what we know. And that's where the second Honkai War kicked off and lead to a good chunk of Russia getting boomed after the Herrsher went full on genocidal. Coincidentally, we haven't heard of anything suggesting a second Archon War having occurred yet...

All that being said i'm feeling like they're going to deviate heavily from roughly following the details of each of the regions at some point. Stuff like the Herrsher of Earth being around, Wendy/Venti not getting knocked off five minutes into the plot, etc, etc, suggests that things are going to go far differently.

Edit: Also, i'm betting the Tsaritsa is going to look like a familiar character from Honkai. There's too many alternate universe versions of other major characters that have been confirmed or hinted at for her appearance to not be significant. Couple that with the fact that they're deliberately hiding her appearance in the trailer when the likes of Dainsleif (Who merely seeing his art is a massive spoiler all in of itself if you're familiar with Honkai Impact 3.) and there's got to be a bit of a whammy moment there.

Maybe an older Sirin (She did get powers that let her create a "better world" in one AU storyline...) or Kiana or one of her ancestors like Cecilia? Sirin or another similar character would make sense if fit's going to hit the shan come that chapter of this arc. Kiana, Cecilia, or some other similar looking character would make sense if that's how the Herrsher of the Void/Unknown Goddess shows up in her local God Kiana form. Cecilia would make sense if she dies stopping whatever is happening there.

Comedy Option: It's Fem-Otto Apocalypse

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 9, 2020

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ashenai posted:

The craziest thing is that there's a top-up option that lets you pay $5 for 300 primogems...

...or you could just buy Welkin Moon for $5, which will instantly give you the same 300 primogems, and then also give you 90 more primogems every day for 30 days. (and yes, if you have multiple Welkin Moons then the 30-day thing will be delayed to run consecutively, but you'll still get the 300 primogems instantly every time. It's just strictly better.)

I really have to wonder how many people have bought that top-up option.

As with many other company's store tricks, it's there purely to make the Welkin option seem like a better deal

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

It looks like a Zhongli buff is being tested on random accounts in which his base petrification time is increased from 3.1s to 4.0s.
Honestly that + stabilizing his E at 1 energy particle per hit instead of RNG 0~1 would make me pretty happy with him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sarsapariller posted:

As with many other company's store tricks, it's there purely to make the Welkin option seem like a better deal

It's more that chinese laws force companies to do this to blur the gambling aspect with "options."

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

malbogio posted:

It looks like a Zhongli buff is being tested on random accounts in which his base petrification time is increased from 3.1s to 4.0s.
Honestly that + stabilizing his E at 1 energy particle per hit instead of RNG 0~1 would make me pretty happy with him.

That would make me happy... but it would also make me second-guess myself about putting resources into him AGAIN. Because those would be very significant buffs, but I still wouldn't quite know what the hell to do with him.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

YES bread posted:

I believe Scaramouche was datamined as an electro catalyst user and La Signora is already walking around with a catalyst. just assume anyone with a vision is going to show up on a banner eventually.

I don’t care how good he ends up I’m not rolling on that annoying little turd.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, I got them mixed up then. I know she can only do geo damage but I was thinking that maybe just stacking another atk% on her would've been better in the long run.

I'm not getting crazy damage out of her so I had to wonder what I'm doing wrong aside from lvl60. I get maybe 1,500 at best on her barrier coming up.

Basically how it works is that all the +atk% you have is summed up, then applied in one go as a multiplier to your base attack value from character stats + weapon. That includes +atk% from weapons, artifacts, character attributes, and set bonuses. Afterwards, the +phys% or +elemental% damage from your goblet is used as a multiplier for the appropriate type, and those values are the same or better (in the case of phys) than the +atk% numbers on the artifact would be. Unless you're switch-hitting very heavily or you have no +atk% and the +atk% goblet is a tier up, +damage type% is always going to mean more damage. And Ning don't switch-hit.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Ashenai posted:

That would make me happy... but it would also make me second-guess myself about putting resources into him AGAIN. Because those would be very significant buffs, but I still wouldn't quite know what the hell to do with him.

Absent Geo gimmick teams he's generic burst/CC support. Definitely not a carry as he doesn't benefit from staying on the field. Use him for the nuke and unlimited shield works. I'm running Noblesse + Favonius Lance. Basic combo of tap E, Q, hold E (animation cancel when his hands glow), then back to someone else.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

funkymonks posted:

I don’t care how good he ends up I’m not rolling on that annoying little turd.

this, but the opposite

https://twitter.com/mirucoco_1742/status/1332103670092099585?s=20

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I will pull for Scaramouche's hat and ignore the fact it's attached to Scaramouche.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Glazius posted:

Basically how it works is that all the +atk% you have is summed up, then applied in one go as a multiplier to your base attack value from character stats + weapon. That includes +atk% from weapons, artifacts, character attributes, and set bonuses. Afterwards, the +phys% or +elemental% damage from your goblet is used as a multiplier for the appropriate type, and those values are the same or better (in the case of phys) than the +atk% numbers on the artifact would be. Unless you're switch-hitting very heavily or you have no +atk% and the +atk% goblet is a tier up, +damage type% is always going to mean more damage. And Ning don't switch-hit.

To build on, any other +% DMG multipliers are added together before being applied, e.g. 2-piece Petra, 4-piece Bolide, Solar Pearl passive.

So Ningguang with Geo goblet, Jade Screen buff, Solar Pearl, and 2-piece Petra can get +93.6% DMG on her uncharged pew pews.

RES reduction is another way of amplifying damage which works multiplicatively after ATK and +% DMG are calculated, so it tends to be more impactful. Too bad there's no way to reduce Geo RES at the moment.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

dogsicle posted:

to clarify, her dress is just so loving huge for me to imagine running around the world and climbing poo poo/swimming in, so they'd keep the sexy but have it be mildly more practical (in the game where 99% of women wear heels exclusively)

She probably losses the dress in her boss fight and you get that version. Maybe we'll also eventually get a gundam childe.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
I'm 20 rolls off pity on the standard banner, so I figure hell, I'll just spend the 1600 primos to try to see what the 5* is. 200+ rolls altogether on this account and as far as 5's go I've got QiQi and Zonger.

Welcome to my roster QiQi C1!!!! :shepface:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

gandlethorpe posted:

To build on, any other +% DMG multipliers are added together before being applied, e.g. 2-piece Petra, 4-piece Bolide, Solar Pearl passive.

So Ningguang with Geo goblet, Jade Screen buff, Solar Pearl, and 2-piece Petra can get +93.6% DMG on her uncharged pew pews.

RES reduction is another way of amplifying damage which works multiplicatively after ATK and +% DMG are calculated, so it tends to be more impactful. Too bad there's no way to reduce Geo RES at the moment.

Ah, so you should look at which of +atk% and +dmg% is lower, and buff that with your goblet? Well, maybe not strictly. There's also the static +atk boosts added after +atk%, like artifact substats, the plume, and food, right?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Why did this thread blow up a bunch in like two days was there some drama poo poo?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

No Wave posted:

Obviously Tart and the fatui still being welcome in liyue is just inane tho.

I think I can sort of believe it in Liyue because they're a weird deal where as long as you sign the legalese on the paperwork you can make a contract for anything. I can see the Fatui being allowed in on the basis that they just did all the right things and so nobody cares.

The idea that Monstadt and Jean tolerates them for even a second is wilder imo.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

kater posted:

Why did this thread blow up a bunch in like two days was there some drama poo poo?

eh seemed to be mostly normal discussion? Zhongli didn't meet expectations so there were some posts about that

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Bussamove posted:

I will pull for Scaramouche's hat and ignore the fact it's attached to Scaramouche.

This reminds me, thank god this game doesn’t have dress up. I’d have to mortgage my house. I’m sure eventual alternative skins will happen but goddamn if it had a per slot glam system that would be the end of me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

I finished spiral abyss 2 days ago so didn't have anything to do and posted here 40 times in teh past 48 hours. Can't speak for anyone else.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Okay sounds good maybe I checked out too much, thought maybe I missed something official but couldn’t find nothing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there is new info stream on Friday and a new event dropping, but otherwise not much in the game

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

kater posted:

Okay sounds good maybe I checked out too much, thought maybe I missed something official but couldn’t find nothing.

Official news about 1.2 comes on the 11th so stay tuned!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Glazius posted:

Ah, so you should look at which of +atk% and +dmg% is lower, and buff that with your goblet? Well, maybe not strictly. There's also the static +atk boosts added after +atk%, like artifact substats, the plume, and food, right?

Eh, point for point, DMG is always better than ATK. But they're usually not given in equal percents, and that's when you kind of have to bust out the spreadsheets. And you also have to consider your existing +DMG% bonuses.

For example, you might run 2-piece Gladiator's (which grants +18% ATK) and consider switching to the +15% elemental DMG set. You may actually lose more damage than you gain if you're stacking a lot of +% DMG since each point of ATK you lose is amplified. This is the situation I'm going to have when the Cryo set comes out.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

No Wave posted:

I finished spiral abyss 2 days ago so didn't have anything to do and posted here 40 times in teh past 48 hours. Can't speak for anyone else.

I have a deadline I'm procrastinating on and turns out playing/talking/thinking about this game is perfect for that purpose.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Delivery event coming. Hope it's a web-based aside and not a bunch of timed fetch quests.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

UltraRed posted:

Delivery event coming. Hope it's a web-based aside and not a bunch of timed fetch quests.

We already know it's a bunch of timed fetch quests! With various restrictions! (No running, no gliding, no taking damage, no getting wet and so on).

Should be fun and/or awful!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

Eh, point for point, DMG is always better than ATK. But they're usually not given in equal percents, and that's when you kind of have to bust out the spreadsheets. And you also have to consider your existing +DMG% bonuses.

For example, you might run 2-piece Gladiator's (which grants +18% ATK) and consider switching to the +15% elemental DMG set. You may actually lose more damage than you gain if you're stacking a lot of +% DMG since each point of ATK you lose is amplified. This is the situation I'm going to have when the Cryo set comes out.
It's going to be a real issue for Tartaglias that use rust. Tart gets 29% hydro dmg as an ascension bonus, plus 46% from goblet, plus up to 80% from rust, +50% from the new set bonus. That's +207% in dmg stats! At that point the hydro goblet is going to be worse than an atk goblet (but only for normal attacks).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 10, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

hell yeah. tiny bastards are "ftw" as they say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

YES bread posted:

hell yeah. tiny bastards are "ftw" as they say

https://twitter.com/ciarre_arts/status/1331734410673020928